Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB...FWIW (not a lot)

***Still chasing some additional confirmation on this one but received a call earlier today and based on what I’m initially hearing, Steve Sarkisian is going to be a name to watch. Truth be told, he may be the name to watch.

***Oh and btw, if Sark were to be the guy, very good chance you’d see Bryce Young in a Texas uniform next year.

***Also, from Bama source – “Sark is the best OC we’ve had here under Saban”.

***Also, on the general question of a coaching change, I am getting a stronger and stronger sense that a change is in the works. Don’t know what percentage I’d put it at but I’d say over 50%.

***I’m told nothing would happen till after the bowl game and I don’t know what impact a big win would have on the question of a change.

Lmaooo yeah, Young will leave what will probably be the defending National champions for this shit ass program. He’ll turn down the opportunity to take over a dynasty under the greatest head coach in college football history to come here and throw to 3 star receivers in the big 12. Your “sources” must be golden man

• Fuck You 31

3 minutes ago, urbanisnotcominghere said:

Just had to hop on Surly to say that I have never seen so many people setting themselves up for such a huge letdown! I love it!!

Anyone who’s followed Texas football for the past decade has been setting themselves up for a huge letdown. This is nothing new, troll!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, urbanisnotcominghere said:

Lmaooo yeah, Young will leave what will probably be the defending National champions for this shit ass program. He’ll turn down the opportunity to take over a dynasty under the greatest head coach in college football history to come here and throw to 3 star receivers in the big 12. Your “sources” must be golden man

Hope you enjoyed missing the playoff aggy...enjoy putting that shit on the wall you cock sucker. SEC though right? Enjoy getting butt fucker to bolivia 

D39D1E88-2351-42FC-B6DB-33D72F9638FA.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Is a 46-35 head coaching record with zero conference championships considered BDE?

I’m not saying Sark is my choice, but look at what he did at Washington. Complete turnaround project.  He also made lemonade out of the post Reggie Bush lemons at USC. They were crippled with sanctions.  It’s extremely simple to look at that win/loss record without context. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Newy25 said:

I’m not saying Sark is my choice, but look at what he did at Washington. Complete turnaround project.  He also made lemonade out of the post Reggie Bush lemons at USC. They were crippled with sanctions.  It’s extremely simple to look at that win/loss record without context. 

are you familiar with DD's analytical capabilities?

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Anyone who’s followed Texas football for the past decade has been setting themselves up for a huge letdown. This is nothing new, troll!

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Hope you enjoyed missing the playoff aggy...enjoy putting that shit on the wall you cock sucker. SEC though right? Enjoy getting butt fucker to bolivia 

D39D1E88-2351-42FC-B6DB-33D72F9638FA.jpeg

Enjoy becoming the next Rice university. “We used to be good at football, but damnit at least we still have academics!” Haha this past decade is what every decade will look like for this program faaaar into the future

• Fuck You 43

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

We've been justifying various hires like this for 7 years now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Newy25 said:

I think Sark would bring a lot of BDE and ideas about how to crank our recruiting operation dials to 11. He probably also has a lot of great contacts to build a staff. Obviously, his history with substance abuse and actual game day coaching would be a big question mark. But Urban is going to be our coach, so this may be a 2026 problem.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

And he did it all while drunk.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, urbanisnotcominghere said:

Enjoy becoming the next Rice university. “We used to be good at football, but damnit at least we still have academics!” Haha this past decade is what every decade will look like for this program faaaar into the future

Okay. I guess I will settle for that as opposed to your dumbass cult based school that’s good at neither.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, urbanisnotcominghere said:

We could fuck off to irrelevance for the rest of eternity and you'd still never catch up, aggy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, trythisathome said:

We've been justifying various hires like this for 7 years now. 

No, we haven’t. This one would be unlike any other hire we have made. Just to be clear- this is not my choice. But it’s a false equivalency to Strong or Herman. It’s a completely different kind of hire. Tons of upside with a kind of downside we are not accustomed to taking at Texas. Sark likely does not bomb out because he assembled a weak staff and lacks recruiting chops. Quite the opposite. He’s a rainmaker who would assemble a pretty awesome staff with recruiting skins. 

But hide yo kids, hide yo wives because if he cannot stay on the wagon the fallout would be quite a thing to see. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Newy25 said:

No, we haven’t. This one would be unlike any other hire we have made. Just to be clear- this is not my choice. But it’s a false equivalency to Strong or Herman. It’s a completely different kind of hire. Tons of upside with a kind of downside we are not accustomed to taking at Texas. Sark likely does not bomb out because he assembled a weak staff and lacks recruiting chops. Quite the opposite. He’s a rainmaker who would assemble a pretty awesome staff with recruiting skins. 

But hide yo kids, hide yo wives because if he cannot stay on the wagon the fallout would be quite a thing to see. 

As an added bonus, he's proven himself to be a really, really, really good head coach.

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

I like my coaches with flaws so that they can't insulate themselves from accountability like Mack did.

I guess what’s worse for an athletic department, a coach bombing out because he’s a drunk or bombing out because he sends Cade Brewer out on a fly route 15-20 times a game? At least with Sark you could avoid a hefty buyout. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, urbanisnotcominghere said:

Enjoy virginity for the next 20 or so years till  you can find a sheep desperate enough. You figurelli mother fucker. Nothing more pathetic than someone going on another teams board to “troll”. I’m sure your Christmas season is full of nothing but friends, family and fun! Nothing says “people love me” like have the time to spend trolling on the internet 3 days before Christmas. You kissless aggy fuck. Have a good holiday 😘

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

Enjoy virginity for the next 20 or so years till  you can find a sheep desperate enough. You figurelli mother fucker. Nothing more pathetic than someone going on another teams board to “troll”. I’m sure your Christmas season is full of nothing but friends, family and fun! Nothing says “people love me” like have the time to spend trolling on the internet 3 days before Christmas. You kissless aggy fuck. Have a good holiday 😘

Thank you! Same to you 😘😘 I thought this would be fun to do while drunk and god I have not been disappointed! I’m gonna be back when it is announced (for the second time for you slow people) that Urban isn’t coming here to see the reactions!

• Fuck You 33

I'm hoping that there is some sort of understanding that any real news will spawn a new thread?

This thread isn't my cup of tea, but it's genuinely pleasing to see other people having such frivolous fun. I even negged Urbanisn'tcominghere to show solidarity.

spacer.png

I'm in a happy holiday mood. Carry on you ragtag bunch of hooligans.

Oh, I think Meyer ends up here. My predictions are very consistent in these matters.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

So, accounting for wind age and elevation, exactly the opposite of Strong and Herman. 

No FCS-level WR coaches with faux-hawks?  No GI challenged OL coaches?  No midnight flights to Tulsa?

Sign me the fuck up. 

Seriously though - Sark will be a great OC for Urban. 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

So, accounting for wind age and elevation, exactly the opposite of Strong and Herman. 

No FCS-level WR coaches with faux-hawks?  No GI challenged OL coaches?  No midnight flights to Tulsa?

Sign me the fuck up. 

Seriously though - Sark will be a great OC for Urban. 

I agree that Sark would be a fantastic OC. Sign him up.

He can't run this program.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thank you! Same to you 😘😘 I thought this would be fun to do while drunk and god I have not been disappointed! I’m gonna be back when it is announced (for the second time for you slow people) that Urban isn’t coming here to see the reactions!

Put down the Busch light, pick up the broom.  Back to work.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Can you expand on why you are so confident he would hire a great staff? 

Is it because he is coming in as an assistant unlike Strong and Herman? 

Oh that’s cute...”don’t worry guys, I’m only doing this because I’m drinking and so fun and have such a great social life!” There is a reason no one is calling you to hangout when you’re home for Christmas break, it’s because you’re an insufferable asshole who no one likes having around. I hope you better yourself and maybe take some time to self reflect in 2021...fuck you

• Hook 'Em 1

Just got word from one of my sources, he’s the brother of a cousin to the dog sitter for a BMD. Apparently Urban is coming here, you can bet on it. He is just deciding to wait because he wanted an extra challenge, so he let Herman finish off the shitty recruiting class he put together because that makes tons of sense.

He will instead be piecing this program back together using transfers. Some names I’ve heard are Tom Brady, Earl Campbell (from 1975), Jesus Christ, and others. Joining him on the sidelines is Nick Saban, because y’all had him once, so why wouldn’t he come now?!?!?!

the ghost of Michael Jackson will perform at halftimes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 32

1 minute ago, urbanisnotcominghere said:

Just got word from one of my sources, he’s the brother of a cousin to the dog sitter for a BMD. Apparently Urban is coming here, you can bet on it. He is just deciding to wait because he wanted an extra challenge, so he let Herman finish off the shitty recruiting class he put together because that makes tons of sense.

He will instead be piecing this program back together using transfers. Some names I’ve heard are Tom Brady, Earl Campbell (from 1975), Jesus Christ, and others. Joining him on the sidelines is Nick Saban, because y’all had him once, so why wouldn’t he come now?!?!?!

So he's your dad too?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, urbanisnotcominghere said:

I don't neg people, but I almost made an exception for this because it's not funny at all.

Edited by David Dennison

25 minutes ago, urbanisnotcominghere said:

Eat a dick

https://captiongenerator.com/2083802/Hitler-finds-out-Texas-AM-Left-Out-of-Playoffs

• Haha 2