Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I am so leery of Muschamp. I know there are some guys that are terrible head coaches that are good coordinators, but I'm skeptical. Also, our recruiting at certain positions on defense while he was here was not good at all.  Maybe he's a lot more experienced now and will be better, but that's two question marks/risks in hiring him. I do know many on the recruiting board really like him, so if they really think he's good, i guess it's a risk worth taking. I LOVE what Ash has done so far. Our LB's have steadily improved to the point where people are talking NFL for Overshown, the line is much better at containment and pressure, and our DB's don't give up as many boneheaded plays. I'd be in favor of keeping Ash and the LB coach at least.

Reminder: Hutzler is Muschamps guy. He came from south Carolina with muschamps recommendation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

You are forgetting last year after the Iowa State loss when he said "We didn't get out coached"

That is nowhere near the same thing as saying you team didn't even play a game last night and you know it. Everyone hates Herman, I get it, I do to but lets not over exaggerate his douchebaggery. You can get outplayed and not outcoached. So if you say we got outplayed you are throwing your team under the bus? I played baseball at a fairly high level in high school, lost in a state championship and semi-finals in 2 separate years. We never went undefeated, lost some games due to coaching decisions but for the most part we got beat when we got outplayed, which was rare. Football is no different.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I am so leery of Muschamp. I know there are some guys that are terrible head coaches that are good coordinators, but I'm skeptical. Also, our recruiting at certain positions on defense while he was here was not good at all.  Maybe he's a lot more experienced now and will be better, but that's two question marks/risks in hiring him. I do know many on the recruiting board really like him, so if they really think he's good, i guess it's a risk worth taking. I LOVE what Ash has done so far. Our LB's have steadily improved to the point where people are talking NFL for Overshown, the line is much better at containment and pressure, and our DB's don't give up as many boneheaded plays. I'd be in favor of keeping Ash and the LB coach at least.

Same here. Muschamp hasn't been a DC in quite a while and the game has changed a lot. He was great and might still be but no guarantees he'd still be a good DC. Ash has done well and would offer continuity.

Honest question for anyone who's followed closer - how have Muschamp defenses been at SC and Florida?

BK’e pre-game conference over. I wish them luck vs Bama. Said the Irish know what the narrative is and they will keep knocking at the door until they break through. If it’s me reading the signs (and I am often wrong multiple times in the same post even) I would say BK is staying at ND and looking to hire a DC like a Muschamp to help them bring home that MNC. He wants to win and it would be easier here. For certain. And more money and warmer climate and all that. I just don’t see him leaving. But he’d be a great hire if UM is not coming here. And he is damnit! 

Urban or Bust! He’s coming here! Believe  in miracles. 

54 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think Ketch committed the biggest carnal sin in journalism when he a) asked Jesus to name his sources during the Saban days and b) outed Jesus eventually.  These are things that "journalists" don't do and yes, I understand that Jesus is probably an idiot too, but that crossed a few lines.

Ketchum didn't out Jesus Shuttlesworth. The entire saga for burning down what was happening with behaviors and handles at Recruitocosm and BC unfolded in your basic Internet blood feud at Shaggy on the basketball board. You can still go view it and read it, if you'd like. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I thought both Muschamp and Kelly were represented by CAA FWIW. The DC talk is interesting though. It would be a slam dunk for us. I just don’t see BK leaving ND if he can bring in someone like Muschamp to DC at ND. That would certainly turn the dial up to 11 whether he stays or comes here for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I would take Muschamp back in a heartbeat. I'll post more about Muschamp/Kelly on the Kelly thread, as I just bullshitted with a buddy that talked to WM directly and it's germane to that thread and not this one.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ketchum didn't out Jesus Shuttlesworth. The entire saga for burning down what was happening with behaviors and handles at Recruitocosm and BC unfolded in your basic Internet blood feud at Shaggy on the basketball board. You can still go view it and read it, if you'd like. 

I would take Muschamp back in a heartbeat. I'll post more about Muschamp/Kelly on the Kelly thread, as I just bullshitted with a buddy that talked to WM directly and it's germane to that thread and not this one.

Excellent point. I keep forgetting there is more than one thread lol. Or that this isn’t the only thread. 

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Same here. Muschamp hasn't been a DC in quite a while and the game has changed a lot. He was great and might still be but no guarantees he'd still be a good DC. Ash has done well and would offer continuity.

Honest question for anyone who's followed closer - how have Muschamp defenses been at SC and Florida?

Defensive S&P+ rankings for Muschamp's teams through 2018:

image.png.9565696017a5390146007c37ab6de0fc.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s not like Gerry was fired from Obloods. He left of his own volition after thoroughly witnessing what a true piece of human shit Fat Ketchum is. 

That reminds me. @SydneyCarton has the GeoffKetchum twitter handle. We used to post all kinds of ridiculous shit from that handle during Saturdays and it was obviously parody. Ketchum attempted to fucking gank the handle through Twitter because “he was the real Geoff Ketchum.” as though he were some sort of actual celebrity. Hahahahahaha. We need to fire that thing back up. 

I’m so fucking tired of seeing this old fan trope reappear this bowl season regarding one bowl outcome impacting whether or not a coach would be a candidate to be hired at Texas. It’s fucking stupid. It’s almost as stupid as wanting to hire someone because of a bowl performance, like that time we hired a guy in part because he pummeled Florida while at Louisville, or that time we hired that other guy in part because he beat FSU while at UH. 

He’s not deciding to stay at Notre Dame because he barely lost to Alabama. That won’t be a factor. Also, I’m competing in a confidence pool where original bowl spreads were included and I need ND to lose by at least 20, thanks. 

Yeah. But Matt was fired. And he was fired because he had cancer.

Re: @GeoffKetchum -- 

giphy.gif

Re: Notre Dame...

lowerarchy.jpg 

i hope ND suffers a loss that would make Cumberland College think "damn, that was a beat-down"

in every game they play

Edited by Rimbo

27 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Muschamp's LB evaluations were dog shit.

The 2009 class, especially on defense is one of the all time Texas Football fuckups. The amount of non Div 1 talent we rushed to get an early commitment from was truly amazing. One of my most memorable moments was watching the spring game with a high school friend who worked on the staff at SMU and when I pointed out Patrick Nkwopara I asked if he thought he was underrated to which he said he would have never have offered him a scholarship at SMU. Funny, memorable and truly tragic all at once. 

Has he proven to be any better at evaluating outside  of the camp fever-rush to offer strategy of the late Brown era? 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The 2009 class, especially on defense is one of the all time Texas Football fuckups. The amount of non Div 1 talent we rushed to get an early commitment from was truly amazing. One of my most memorable moments was watching the spring game with a high school friend who worked on the staff at SMU and when I pointed out Patrick Nkwopara I asked if he thought he was underrated to which he said he would have never have offered him a scholarship at SMU. Funny, memorable and truly tragic all at once. 

Has he proven to be any better at evaluating outside  of the camp fever-rush to offer strategy of the late Brown era? 

Speaking of the old days, man after watching Deon Beasley in spring practice I thought he was the next big thing.

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

What about Tariq Allen and his 5.9 forty?

37 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think immamac needs to adjust the settings on what warrants a "HOT!!" Post.  This the has been "hot" for like 2 months, and yet... No urban.  

apparently what you don't understand that we are getting Urban. it is done so the thread is hot.

• Hook 'Em 3

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't have the energy to hunt it down, at least not now, but am curious.  I was a member of OB for a while, shame on me, but on his board, he mentioned Jesus by name and even his lemmings let him have it.  In other words, in an industry that's full of slimy guys, Ketch is the booger looking guy from Ghostbusters. 

47 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

41 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

What about Tariq Allen and his 5.9 forty?

You guys think the "Camp Fever" stuff was a strategy by the late 2000's? That was early Mack Brown and before Muschamp. The late 2000s, post the 2005 title, represents Mack Brown pushing to have recruiting wrapped ahead the summer and camps, however it needed to occur. Muschamp came into that and had to deal with it. By the 2010 class, he and Applewhite had at least made a small dent in Brown's ill-fated approach to recruiting after sloth had set in.

None of this really matters that much. Muschamp and Kelly don't know each other. He'll probably hire Derek Mason at ND or UT early next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You guys think the "Camp Fever" stuff was a strategy by the late 2000's? That was early Mack Brown and before Muschamp. The late 2000s, post the 2005 title, represents Mack Brown pushing to have recruiting wrapped ahead the summer and camps, however it needed to occur. Muschamp came into that and had to deal with it. By the 2010 class, he and Applewhite had at least made a small dent in Brown's ill-fated approach to recruiting after sloth had set in.

None of this really matters that much. Muschamp and Kelly don't know each other. He'll probably hire Derek Mason at ND or UT early next week.

If BK tells us to bug off, is it Campbell time?

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So, if Kelly comes to Texas, you think Mason is the favorite to be his DC?

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

But do Muschamp and UM know each other is the real question?

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

But do Muschamp and UM know each other is the real question?

Urban doesn't need an existing relationship in order to close a big fish, if he wants them. That's one of things that makes him so good. FIrst impressions and closing. And at this point, with his resume, he doesn't even need all that to close.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m glad I don’t have to deal with junk. Boobs are enough for me. Lol. Y’all are pretty cool. I think mostly my divorce made me realize life is way too short and so I don’t sweat the small shit as much anymore and am just myself for better or worse. Cuts all the bullshit. Just be me and if peeps don’t like me it’s actually freeing. Cuz I’m like I don’t waste a minutes thought on it. Like who gives a fuck? That’s what’s changed about me the most since I started posting. Probably shouldn’t have posted all the pics of me I guess but I’ve been posting for years and finally thought, “Fuck it!” Lulz. 

anyway, Urban or fucking Bust! The Plan B names are dwindling even more. 

"I’m glad I don’t have to deal with junk."

I'm guessing your friends are glad as well.

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Heard from an LSU buddy they were wanting Mason pretty badly

LMFAO. What starts here ... apparently affects curtain pattern sleuthing in the F1 world as well.

Red Bull explains timing of Perez Abu Dhabi photo
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-explains-timing-perez-abu-dhabi-photo/4933269/?_bta_tid=34954637865476435828087217156995379065144082801525856765639892837955647855037871776072343976131271888907

Red Bull has explained the background to a photo of Sergio Perez with team chiefs in Abu Dhabi, taken prior to him being announced as its 2021 Formula 1 driver.
With Red Bull feeling that Alex Albon had not delivered the consistency and rate of improvement it had hoped for, it elected to commit to Perez for next year.

Both drivers were informed of the decision on the Friday after the season finale in Abu Dhabi, with the news being made official shortly afterwards. However, there was some intrigue prompted by a picture that Red Bull team boss Christian Horner posted on Instagram shortly after the announcement was made, showing Perez with Horner and Helmut Marko. Eagle eyed observers noted that the photo appeared to have been taken in Abu Dhabi, with the curtain design being from the track hotel. Furthermore, Perez was wearing the same clothes that he had been wearing when he did a helmet swap with Sebastian Vettel after the Yas Marina race.

Speaking exclusively to Motorsport.com about the photo, Marko confirmed that it was indeed taken in Abu Dhabi – but he has denied that a final decision had been taken at that point.

“A photo has nothing to do with signing a contract,” explained Marko. “It was a social meeting and at that time, nothing was one hundred percent definite. We took the photo in case it became definite. Signatures can be done electronically these days.”

Asked if the picture had been taken on Sunday night or Monday morning, Marko said: “I honestly don't remember exactly. It was a turbulent weekend. And the opportunity was there because, after all, we weren't allowed out of the hotel because of the COVID-19 regulations."

Despite Red Bull's hopes of the photo not being traced back to being taken in Abu Dhabi, Marko said that both the curtains and Perez’s clothes had given the game away.

"Perez was wearing the same shirt as when Vettel handed over his helmet," he smiled. "That gave us away rather than the curtains.

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

to be fair, i hope this thread passes the fucking CR thread and an actual sports thread is the #1 longest thread on this site as opposed to a fucking political thread.

Is this a sports thread? Maybe 20%

• Hook 'Em 1