Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I mean can you? I’d still take him as long as he has a solid DC hire. I mean it was one game. If anything this would make him more available right? Either way won’t happen with the show clause and everything else but still, it is just one game

I think the show cause was the real deal breaker honestly.

6 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Exactly so all the commentators from espn who never talk about the games typically will  focus only who is going to be the new Texas head coach for the whole aggy game.    

Agree, plus add all of the Mack Brown talk and I’m sure there will be an Aggy meltdown at some point.

• Hook 'Em 1

One game is probably not a good reason to hire a coach (or not hire a coach), but hiring a coach on a show cause that just lost to our biggest rival by 30+ points seems like it would be less than ideal.  Plus, if we are tired of Herman's excuses, Mullen seems to be full of excuses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The SEC has never lost a bowl game that they “wanted” to be in.  Fuck that. What a bitch move by Mullen.  They got embarrassed by OU.  The missing 4 receivers had nothing to do with their shitty defense that couldn’t stop a counter.  You give up 400 yards and they call you the Manny Diaz of bad defenses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

The SEC has never lost a bowl game that they “wanted” to be in.  Fuck that. What a bitch move by Mullen.  They got embarrassed by OU.  The missing 4 receivers had nothing to do with their shitty defense that couldn’t stop a counter.  You give up 400 yards and they call you the Manny Diaz of bad defenses.

Yeh our shitty Big 12 conference has sure delivered the wind in bowl games so far. Colorado, Miami and Florida are on standby for their proctologist. Army will probably beat WVU but I think ISU will win their bowl game. 

Mullen do no want. He’s got recruiting issues and is in trouble for them and also it’s a fucking lateral move. No. No no! 

Urban or Bust! 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If anything, the last two games showed us that we had the talent in 2020. What we didn't have was a coaching staff with the brains and fortitude to make this talent-laden team a champion. The staff simply did not put in the hard work required to beat the good teams. They felt their way thru the season making mistake after mistake until things finally came together - way too late to give these kids what they deserved. This is all on Tom Herman. He failed these kids. Period. We will never beat Oklahoma as long as our coaching staff is inferior to theirs. Tom's Gotta Go.

This is the truth, He does not put in the work necessary to be successful week over week.  

it was pointed out several weeks ago Urban said he watched several okie lite games to understand what defense they run.  Meanwhile, crackhead was asked in his presser what he saw on OSU film and he said that he hadn’t watched any because he was too busy with other shit.  

the great ones live and breathe their trade, it’s an obsession.  The goal is to be the best, status quo is never enough.   

Crackhead did just enough to score a big payday, now he has reverted to his mean of just enough is good enough.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Pretty sure Herman wouldn't be that shitty to his team. Herman usually says the coaching staff didn't prepare them.

Herman is always first to throw his players under the bus. Latest example was punter misreading the open man on a super shitty fake punt call. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

No he blames Covid because we are the only team that experienced any Covid hardships

We are though. It’s true. Lol. Lincoln Riley dealt with way more Covid shit at the beginning of the season and a freshman QB. And just blew up fucking Florida (we can’t care about a bowl game bc SEC)! He’s a way better coach than most of the names on the list and younger also. You look at what he’s done in four years. Recruited like a boss. Used the transfer portal to his advantage. Develop a freshman QB. Oh ya and deliver two fucking Heisman winners and finally break their post season curse with a Cotton bowl win and oh ya four straight BIg 12 wins. Yeh Tom! Tell us all about how Covid and a new staff fucked us this year. Didn’t Riley fire Stoops’ brother the day after we beat them in the Cotton bowl? He sure did. And got himself another coordinator. Tom is full of excuses and I don’t want another like him like Mullen.  No mo ho’s! No! 

Urban or Bust! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Herman is always first to throw his players under the bus. Latest example was punter misreading the open man on a super shitty fake punt call. 

Lol god in this shit show of a season I forgot about this. He literally got mad that our kicker, in his first ever game punting in CFB, failed to see and throw to some dude running 35 yards down field....wow

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Pretty sure Herman wouldn't be that shitty to his team. Herman usually says the coaching staff didn't prepare them.

I know someone who has never seen a crackhead post loss press conference.   

this year COVID has become his standard go to, but in years past he always placed blame on the players and not the shitty coaches.  And he’s had some really, really shitty coaches.

That he hired.  

and was forced to fire under protest.  

fuck him.  

Edited by Jimbob
Ducking frunk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

I know someone who has never seen a crackhead post loss press conference.   

this year COVID has become his standard go to, but in years past he always placed blame on the players and not the shitty coaches.  And he’s had some really, really shitty coaches.

That he hired.  

and was forced to fire under protest.  

fuck him.  

Was it Iowa St some year when he said, "I don't think I would ever say that we were outcoached"?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Harvdog said:

Tom should have fired Hand after the 9 sacks against OU in 19.  Should have walked out to the midway, gave him a corny dog, some fried Oreos and told him to fuck off.  Instead he replaced everyone else except the Drew Mehringer of OL coaches. 

Shit like this makes me wonder how this crackhead is still our head coach

53 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

it was pointed out several weeks ago Urban said he watched several okie lite games to understand what defense they run.  Meanwhile, crackhead was asked in his presser what he saw on OSU film and he said that he hadn’t watched any because he was too busy with other shit.  

What the hell. Seriously. What kind of coach doesn't watch an opposing teams films? That is nuts. Dammit. That's embarrassing.

TLDR: I need a drink.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbob said:

This is the truth, He does not put in the work necessary to be successful week over week.  

the great ones live and breathe their trade, it’s an obsession.  The goal is to be the best, status quo is never enough.   

Crackhead did just enough to score a big payday, now he has reverted to his mean of just enough is good enough.  

If you listen to the interview he did on FCB’s podcast over the summer, Herman said that he hated the national championship year at OSU because Urban worked him too hard.  The minute I heard that I knew we were stuck with a loser.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

I read someone's comments on this board that Urban has said no thanks twice, supposedly after pushing himself for the job.  If there is a plan B list, and Mullen has obviously fallen off, then if Notre Dame loses by more than 28 points, then Kelly falls off the list, Urban's agent is possibly looking at an incredible payday.  Assuming his agent is the one floating the Urban to NFL rumors to increase the money, Urban is looking at setting some kind of record.  I always said Urb's contract needs to be total more than Jimbo's at 75$ million.  Now I am thinking more like $90 million.  Number of years, who cares, at least 7.   Enough years to win a NC or two, and train a successor.    

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

I read someone's comments on this board that Urban has said no thanks twice, supposedly after pushing himself for the job.  If there is a plan B list, and Mullen has obviously fallen off, then if Notre Dame loses by more than 28 points, then Kelly falls off the list, Urban's agent is possibly looking at an incredible payday.  Assuming his agent is the one floating the Urban to NFL rumors to increase the money, Urban is looking at setting some kind of record.  I always said Urb's contract needs to be total more than Jimbo's at 75$ million.  Now I am thinking more like $90 million.  Number of years, who cares, at least 7.   Enough years to win a NC or two, and train a successor.    

Didn't we hear $12M x 8 years way back? FWIW...

That actually wouldn't surprise me in the least, and it would be a bargain in the big picture.

• Hook 'Em 1

wow, I didn't hear $12m x 8, but that makes sense.  I floated 12 x 7 a couple of weeks ago, because I wanted something that would enhance UM's net worth so that he would have a chance at pushing his total net worth close to $100 million.  Nobody argued-said that was too much.  I think the Jimbo 75 standard is the minimum, but what do I know?  

6 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Tom should have fired Hand after the 9 sacks against OU in 19.  Should have walked out to the midway, gave him a corny dog, some fried Oreos and told him to fuck off.  Instead he replaced everyone else except the Drew Mehringer of OL coaches. 

And as of today he's still not fired.

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m glad I don’t have to deal with junk. Boobs are enough for me. Lol. Y’all are pretty cool. I think mostly my divorce made me realize life is way too short and so I don’t sweat the small shit as much anymore and am just myself for better or worse. Cuts all the bullshit. Just be me and if peeps don’t like me it’s actually freeing. Cuz I’m like I don’t waste a minutes thought on it. Like who gives a fuck? That’s what’s changed about me the most since I started posting. Probably shouldn’t have posted all the pics of me I guess but I’ve been posting for years and finally thought, “Fuck it!” Lulz. 

anyway, Urban or fucking Bust! The Plan B names are dwindling even more. 

This should be cross posted in the Divorce thread.  Divorce weights heavily on the mind and once you get your mind right everything else will fall into place.  Stick to the code take all you can and leave nothing for the rest of 'em. Way to go.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Wrong, Kelly losing by more than 30 points is the whole reason he would be available. If he keeps it close against bama he won’t move

56 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Offer Urban this and move on.

8.5 per year for 12 Years with an AD in waiting option after year 6

3.5 Bonus for winning a National Championship to compensate him for all the extra hard work it takes

Hire Shelly as a Professor to teach Spinnology 101X

So, your idea is to make our next offer worse than our last offer.  Bold strategy man. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Mullen comes across as a cunt, his statement last night, bitching/wanting a packed house for a home game during a pandemic, tantrum towards the officials one game.  

Agreed.  He'd bitch if ya' hung him with a new rope.  Too bad there wasn't a way for both teams to lose.  I'm off to HEB and the liquor store for some gameday supplies.  See you fucksticks later today.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Lol god in this shit show of a season I forgot about this. He literally got mad that our kicker, in his first ever game punting in CFB, failed to see and throw to some dude running 35 yards down field....wow

I'll bet they never took the time to run that play in practice. If they had, Herman would have known it was a bad idea. 4th and ten? These kids need practice. Herman in a nutshell. Unprepared.

49 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Mullen comes across as a cunt, his statement last night, bitching/wanting a packed house for a home game during a pandemic, tantrum towards the officials one game.  

I am not one to advocate making a decision based on one game or event but holy shit man. Mullen got totally boat raced and went all Tom Herman excuse making after. That was a huge red flag. LSU was in the same position a few weeks ago in Gainesville and beat him while missing a ton of players. Between the halftime player fight with the bizarre Darth Vader press conference, losing to an undermanned LSU team because his players lack any sort of discipline and now last night? I’m not sure he isn’t just a slightly better version of Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 2