Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

A couple of rumors on Irish boards/chatter that BK (if he stays) is looking at hiring Muschamp as a DC. Again lots of rumors rampant right now. But that would be a great hire for them if BK also staying. Jmo. 

Urban or Bust. He’s not just a whale. He’s a Narwhal! He’s a killer whale! He’s the whale damnit! 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I am not one to advocate making a decision based on one game or event but holy shit man. Mullen got totally boat raced and went all Tom Herman excuse making after. That was a huge red flag. LSU was in the same position a few weeks ago in Gainesville and beat him while missing a ton of players. Between the halftime player fight with the bizarre Darth Vader press conference, losing to an undermanned LSU team because his players lack any sort of discipline and now last night? I’m not sure he isn’t just a slightly better version of Herman. 

His decision to try a 58 yd FG before the half set up ou with great field position, and his defense wasn’t stopping / slowing anyone.  After LSU, I thought he was bad.  He is turrrible.

11 hours ago, Jimbob said:

I know someone who has never seen a crackhead post loss press conference.   

this year COVID has become his standard go to, but in years past he always placed blame on the players and not the shitty coaches.  And he’s had some really, really shitty coaches.

That he hired.  

and was forced to fire under protest.  

fuck him.  

You shouldn't make assumptions you know nothing about if you are talking about me not watching Herman PC's. That would be a categoricaly false statement. He has taken blame for not having players ready to play on many occasions and you having been paying attention if you believe that statement. He, at the same time has blamed players for specific instances but at no time to my recollection has TH thrown his entire team under the bus the way Dan Mullen did last night. Individual players, yes, never the entire team.

49 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This doesn’t prove anything one way or another. Rumors abound. I truly believe UM is still in play. I really believe that. And we will get him. I have my doubts as to whether BK would leave ND. I just do. But that doesn’t mean I am 100% right. I just don’t see BK leaving ND. I think he wants to prove he can win a MNC there. JMO. 
I just like UM more. Do very much want. I like Kelly. I want UM. If that means at the end of the day, we wind up with BK I will be happy. But if we get  UM... I will be ecstatic. Beyond happy. I think UM is the best post fit for where we are right now. And I hope he proves me right by signing on. Or at least makes my Panhandle source right. 🤘🏼😃🏈

Don’t think that an Irish Catholic from Massa2setts is leaving ND for another college.  Urban makes more sense.

• Like 1

Found the Herman bit I was looking for after the loss to Maryland and their crab cakes! 

Texas, Herman said Monday, was like the simple but brutish Lennie from Steinbeck's classic "Of Mice and Men." The Longhorns tried so hard to win that they killed their chance to do it.

"Lennie wanted so badly to touch the rabbit and play with the rabbit -- he squeezed it so hard, he killed the rabbit," Herman said, noting he told linebacker Gary Johnson to read the book. "I know that seems maybe out there a little bit. I think that's what the first quarter was. We wanted it so badly, we got in our own way quite a bit."

Herman mangled the analogy a bit. In the novel, Lennie kills a puppy, a mouse and a woman and only dreams of rabbits. And Lennie gets killed at the end.

But at 7-7 over his first 14 games at Texas, too many more losses could prompt lectures on other Steinbeck titles, such as the "The Grapes of Wrath" or "The Winter of Our Discontent."

"This one game will not define us. How we grow from it and respond to it will," Herman said.

——————

I was never a Herman gal but genuinely wanted him to succeed because the alternative is what we are faced with now. But it was after this presser that I was like, “ya fuck off dipshit!”

Bring me UM! Let’s go! Urban or bust damnit! 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Yes, you need to fire that shit back up ASAP. This is some gold hahahaha

Hahahahahahaha. Holy fucking shit some of those. Good lord.

29 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Wow. How'd you like that fat bastard telling you to dig out another gasser to keep your scholly @ KU? Fuck that

Mark Mangino is abusive, former Kansas football players say

The cameramen used to love Mangino games. It was amazing. He got more sideline shots than any other coach, ever. We used to fucking roll while watching his games. My little brother didn't believe me and showed up at whatever bar for a Saturday of game watching one time, Mangino was playing Iowa State or some such on FOXSSW and his jaw dropped at how often the camera focused on Mangino between plays. It was hard to believe until seen. No one would have survived a Mangino On the Sidelines drinking game.

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

A couple of rumors on Irish boards/chatter that BK (if he stays) is looking at hiring Muschamp as a DC. Again lots of rumors rampant right now. But that would be a great hire for them if BK also staying. Jmo. 

Urban or Bust. He’s not just a whale. He’s a Narwhal! He’s a killer whale! He’s the whale damnit! 

Wow. It looks like they're hearing parts of the same shit people are hearing at Texas. The Muschamp element has been floated since Lea took the Vandy job. He'd happily come back to Texas and folks at Texas would be happy to have him. There are a lot of little things that are either coincidental, which I don't personally believe in, or there are legitimate legs to the BK to Austin scenario. Anyone know who Muschamp's agent is?

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, closetojumping said:

The cameramen used to love Mangino games. It was amazing. He got more sideline shots than any other coach, ever. We used to fucking roll while watching his games. My little brother didn't believe me and showed up at whatever bar for a Saturday of game watching one time, Mangino was playing Iowa State or some such on FOXSSW and his jaw dropped at how often the camera focused on Mangino between plays. It was hard to believe until seen. No one would have survived a Mangino On the Sidelines drinking game.

Wow. It looks like they're hearing parts of the same shit people are hearing at Texas. The Muschamp element has been floated since Lea took the Vandy job. He'd happily come back to Texas and folks at Texas would be happy to have him. There are a lot of little things that are either coincidental, which I don't personally believe in, or there are legitimate legs to the BK to Austin scenario. Anyone know who Muschamp's agent is?

No. Where did you stash @derpyhorndog? Just kidding! I know you didn’t kidnap him. 😃🤘🏼But he had a ton of research earlier in the thread before he disappeared. I mean got busy with M&A work stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought both Muschamp and Kelly were represented by CAA FWIW. The DC talk is interesting though. It would be a slam dunk for us. I just don’t see BK leaving ND if he can bring in someone like Muschamp to DC at ND. That would certainly turn the dial up to 11 whether he stays or comes here for sure. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Pretty sure Muschamp is with CAA/Jimmy Sexton, so connected with Kelly and Armstrong.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Definitely. But there isn't enough Burnt Orange material in Austin to manufacture his "coaching" outfit. What he did at Kansas was a damn miracle. I remember how much fun we made of his weight. It is really an embarrassing look.

CHIEF

I think a big selling point for Charlie Weiss at Kansas was after firing Mangino they had boxes of unused XXXL coaches shirts and hoodies sitting around their athletic department that they had no idea what to do with. Problem solved:

CharlieWeis_1.jpg?itok=kEcJ8KhK

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

I think Ketch committed the biggest carnal sin in journalism when he a) asked Jesus to name his sources during the Saban days and b) outed Jesus eventually.  These are things that "journalists" don't do and yes, I understand that Jesus is probably an idiot too, but that crossed a few lines.

Who are you calling an idiot? 😉

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I think a big selling point for Charlie Weiss at Kansas was after firing Mangino they had boxes of unused XXXL coaches shirts and hoodies sitting around their athletic department that they had no idea what to do with. Problem solved:

You think 3 X's are enough?  Ha!

49 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

No. Where did you stash @derpyhorndog? Just kidding! I know you didn’t kidnap him. 😃🤘🏼But he had a ton of research earlier in the thread before he disappeared. I mean got busy with M&A work stuff. 

Still here, still underwater with stuff. Been a lurking member of near-24-hour crew for a while but hoping to be more active again starting around 10:30 p.m. on NYD. 

• Hook 'Em 5

40 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Bullshit

Mangino is at least a 5X. Gets his shirts from Omar the tent maker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cashcar said:

The day Texas hires a coach with a Show Cause (and a recent one at that), is the day you choke eating a fucking McRib

We threw nearly 100M at a guy who had a murderer on his football team, covered up and lied openly about employing a wife beater and are talking to another coach who has some dirt on him at Notre Dame. The previous Texas admin held their nose up high to potential indiscretions like this. Not now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We threw nearly 100M at a guy who had a murderer on his football team, covered up and lied openly about employing a wife beater and are talking to another coach who has some dirt on him at Notre Dame. The previous Texas admin held their nose up high to potential indiscretions like this. Not now. 

Football is serious bidness.

22 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

You think 3 X's are enough?  Ha!

6 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Bullshit

Mangino is at least a 5X. Gets his shirts from Omar the tent maker.

Haha, you guys aren't wrong. To make my dumb fat joke about Weiss unfortunately I had to size down Mangino a bit.

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am so leery of Muschamp. I know there are some guys that are terrible head coaches that are good coordinators, but I'm skeptical. Also, our recruiting at certain positions on defense while he was here was not good at all.  Maybe he's a lot more experienced now and will be better, but that's two question marks/risks in hiring him. I do know many on the recruiting board really like him, so if they really think he's good, i guess it's a risk worth taking. I LOVE what Ash has done so far. Our LB's have steadily improved to the point where people are talking NFL for Overshown, the line is much better at containment and pressure, and our DB's don't give up as many boneheaded plays. I'd be in favor of keeping Ash and the LB coach at least.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s not like Gerry was fired from Obloods. He left of his own volition after thoroughly witnessing what a true piece of human shit Fat Ketchum is. 

That reminds me. @SydneyCarton has the GeoffKetchum twitter handle. We used to post all kinds of ridiculous shit from that handle during Saturdays and it was obviously parody. Ketchum attempted to fucking gank the handle through Twitter because “he was the real Geoff Ketchum.” as though he were some sort of actual celebrity. Hahahahahaha. We need to fire that thing back up. 

I’m so fucking tired of seeing this old fan trope reappear this bowl season regarding one bowl outcome impacting whether or not a coach would be a candidate to be hired at Texas. It’s fucking stupid. It’s almost as stupid as wanting to hire someone because of a bowl performance, like that time we hired a guy in part because he pummeled Florida while at Louisville, or that time we hired that other guy in part because he beat FSU while at UH. 

He’s not deciding to stay at Notre Dame because he barely lost to Alabama. That won’t be a factor. Also, I’m competing in a confidence pool where original bowl spreads were included and I need ND to lose by at least 20, thanks. 

Notre Dame is going to lose by 3-4 touchdowns and at a point in the game I imagine the spread could be bigger than that. That’s not going to change anyone’s opinion of Kelly. Mullen’s continued cunty antics though, I’m wondering if that is going to make him look less desirable. 

11 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Still here, still underwater with stuff. Been a lurking member of near-24-hour crew for a while but hoping to be more active again starting around 10:30 p.m. on NYD. 

Sweet! Can’t rep because I am out because Tom Herman. Good to see ya! 😃

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I am so leery of Muschamp. I know there are some guys that are terrible head coaches that are good coordinators, but I'm skeptical. Also, our recruiting at certain positions on defense while he was here was not good at all.  Maybe he's a lot more experienced now and will be better, but that's two question marks/risks in hiring him. I do know many on the recruiting board really like him, so if they really think he's good, i guess it's a risk worth taking. I LOVE what Ash has done so far. Our LB's have steadily improved to the point where people are talking NFL for Overshown, the line is much better at containment and pressure, and our DB's don't give up as many boneheaded plays. I'd be in favor of keeping Ash and the LB coach at least.

If it is Muschamp there is 100% chance that Hutzler is retained. We just poached him from Muschamp and he has been fantastic as a coach and recruiter here

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Muschamp's LB evaluations were dog shit.

• Hook 'Em 2