Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Fat Pat is only 60. Would figure outside of a cardiac event he has 7-10 years left at a  minimum (and he will decide when he leaves that place) so not sure on that timeline something like Freeze becoming the TCU coach is really an issue.  

Pat-From-Saturday-Night-Live.JPG

45 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They are opinions. I, unlike other people here, make absolutely no claim to inside information.

But Nick Saban was never coming to Texas. 

So what you're basically saying here is that since you knew nothing, your opinion is better than those who did? That you somehow are more correct because you, unlike they, haven't a fact on your side?

That's not merely stupid. That's being stupid on purpose. That's celebrating and promoting idiocy. Jesus H Christ, I've got a nice long record of truly idiotic takes, but at least I've got the decency to be embarrassed by them.

You are bad and should feel bad.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rimbo said:

So what you're basically saying here is that since you knew nothing, your opinion is better than those who did? That you somehow are more correct because you, unlike they, haven't a fact on your side?

That's not merely stupid. That's being stupid on purpose. That's celebrating and promoting idiocy. Jesus H Christ, I've got a nice long record of truly idiotic takes, but at least I've got the decency to be embarrassed by them.

You are bad and should feel bad.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm allsome.

On the Saban front, I have a source on the Alabama staff (not a coach but the support staff) and most assuredly there was a point where Saban was coming to Texas.  

Tom Hicks himself said it on the Ticket podcast, so anyone saying it wasn’t going to happen needs to go argue with one of our most powerful and involved donors.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Tom Hicks himself said it on the Ticket podcast, so anyone saying it wasn’t going to happen needs to go argue with one of our most powerful and involved donors.

At least used to be. But Hicks was no different than the poor sap who goes to the strip club and thinks he has a gf. He literally thought Mack would be impressed that Saban would want to take the reins while Mack moved to an admin role. He was so used to Mack deep throating his dick and cupping his balls he couldnt imagine Mack would ever go against such an idea. Painful chapter in our mostly lame history. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

yeah but what would tom hicks know? does he post on surly? if not, he knows shitall.

42 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea there is also that.  I'm not sure why this is such a hotly debated deal. 

It’s like when you’re about to take that 10 home to fuck and then you get cockblocked by an ex and then no one believes you actually had a shot with the 10

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1