Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 2/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 2/17/2019 at 11:44 PM, Helobious said:
I’m full hispanic first of all. And I mentioned his age as well, so am I an ageist? I don’t really think it’s much of a jump to assume a guy on a bench asking passerbys for money is homeless. He didn’t really look homeless (not many belongings with him, short haircut) which is why I literally said in my first post “he didn’t look homeless”. The aggressive asshole homeless people in City #1 San Fran I’ve encountered have mostly been white, although once again I don’t think it matters. They’re shitstains because of who they are, their race is irrelevant. In the same way the guy I ran into yesterday was an asshole because he was just an angry piece of human trash, not because he was black or (possibly) homeless. 

Speaking of homeless and Hispanics, I never see any homeless Hispanic people around Dallas or panhandling on street corners.

Because they live 20 or so deep in a house with relatives or friends. 

On 2/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 2/17/2019 at 11:44 PM, Helobious said:
I’m full hispanic first of all. And I mentioned his age as well, so am I an ageist? I don’t really think it’s much of a jump to assume a guy on a bench asking passerbys for money is homeless. He didn’t really look homeless (not many belongings with him, short haircut) which is why I literally said in my first post “he didn’t look homeless”. The aggressive asshole homeless people in City #1 San Fran I’ve encountered have mostly been white, although once again I don’t think it matters. They’re shitstains because of who they are, their race is irrelevant. In the same way the guy I ran into yesterday was an asshole because he was just an angry piece of human trash, not because he was black or (possibly) homeless. 

Read more  

Speaking of homeless and Hispanics, I never see any homeless Hispanic people around Dallas or panhandling on street corners.

I saw a Scottish one in salt lake who would stop playing his bag pipes if you paid him.

Think I bitched about that one on TOS or upthread somewhere.

Amazon - slowly changed the way we read, the way we shop, and for some consume all media.
Phone companies - slowly changed the way we interact with the world around us.
Social Media Companies - changed the way we communicate
Uber/lyft - fairly rapidly changed the way we travel.
Tesla - while the leader in the pack for EVs has 1.5% market share in ~15 years of business. Impressive, but not MARKET DISRUPTION!

You and your frat bro selling graphic tees online isn’t disruption.
You changing the way Initech puts the cover letter on the TPS report before it goes out isn’t disruption.
You selling an app or software to 3 new customers or 30000 customers “doesn’t move the needle” and you aren’t a disrupting shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

Amazon - slowly changed the way we read, the way we shop, and for some consume all media.
Tesla - while the leader in the pack for EVs has 1.5% market share in ~15 years of business. Impressive, but not MARKET DISRUPTION!

You changing the way Initech puts the cover letter on the TPS report before it goes out isn’t disruption.
You selling an app or software to 3 new customers or 30000 customers “doesn’t move the needle” and you aren’t a disrupting shit.

I disrupted yer moms snatch last night.

5 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

the next presentation i see that starts off with "uber/xxx is the largest taxi/yyy company even though they dont own cars/zzz" wont be the last. 

On 2/23/2019 at 4:27 PM, elfenix said:

The only toilet paper sold in stores is quadruple roll which doesn't fit on the fucking dispenser. The people that decided this shit is a good idea should be forced to wipe with 36 grit sandpaper for the rest of their lives.

Don't know what kind of 1970's dispenser you have, but you sound poor

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 4:27 PM, elfenix said:

The only toilet paper sold in stores is quadruple roll which doesn't fit on the fucking dispenser. The people that decided this shit is a good idea Apparently I'm poor and I should have toilet paper dispensers that are from the modern era and if I want to bitch about it rather than updating them, I should be forced to wipe with 36 grit sandpaper for the rest of their lives my life.

7 hours ago, JSB said:

Don't know what kind of 1970's dispenser you have, but you sound poor

No shit (no pun intended).  I've never had a dispenser that didn't fit the roll.  I fixed it for him above

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

A task that requires long fingernails right after you trim your fingernails.

Trimmed the nails this morning.  Sure as shit, got the (already overdue) registration sticker in the mail this afternoon but I'm too poor to buy a razor scraper for $0.66

Like clockwork.  FML

ftfy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1