Cowboys @ Eagles: Division Title On The Line

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Jerry Jones is absolutely the worst GM in the NFL.

The radio crew had him on pre-game today. Just listening to that buffoon attempt to talk football as though he knows anything at all about the game is infuriating. He's a shitshow at football. He's a master of creating hype and generating revenue. Fuck him in his dusty old cobweb covered poot hole.

3 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

The radio crew had him on pre-game today. Just listening to that buffoon attempt to talk football as though he knows anything at all about the game is infuriating. He's a shitshow at football. He's a master of creating hype and generating revenue. Fuck him in his dusty old cobweb covered poot hole.

he's not even a master at that.  he owns the Dallas Cowboys.  I could be the master of hype if I owned the Dallas Cowboys.

• Like 1

I never root against my team, but to be honest I’m so pissed off about jerry Jones hoodwinking the entire fan base over the last 24 years it really didn’t bother me that they lost - again.

Everyone thinks he cares about winning the Super Bowl, but it’s way way down the list behind gobbling up billions of dollars and getting a $200m yacht. That is really what he cares about.

There is at least a tiny bit of satisfaction that he will go down in history as the person that destroyed the greatest franchise in football history and will forever be known as a buffoon about the sport of football. No matter how much money he steals from the fans he can’t fix that. Eff him.

• Like 2

This was the perfect cowboys game, with the possible exception of lack of backbreaking penalties kill a drive or extend an eagles drive. Otherwise, it was all there. Drops, bad passes, bad play calling, 3rd down clownage, cooper and Elliott on the sidelines for 3rd down plays. 

300 yards of offense and never goal to go. 

last drive, 60 yards in 2 minutes. Then short pass/sack/incomplete pas to nobody/incomplete pass to covered wr underthrown ball. Game over. 

then just for fun, philly runs the rpo rollout play to get the 1st down to seal it that Dallas should have used on their third down earlier instead of the sprint option that fumbled. 

perfect Garrett/dak/moore exhibition all around. 

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Uban Meyer is my guess, unfortunately. He may last a season and a half before he flames out or suffers some kind of "medical" issue.

I've got my doubts whether Urban can make the jump from college to pro. Urban's never spent a day out of college football. Neither has Riley, but I think he is better when it comes to schemes. Ruhle is just a damn good coach who could make it work anywhere.

30 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/12/22/21034520/amari-cooper-said-that-he-was-pulled-off-the-field-by-cowboys-coaches-before-critical-fourth-down

it really doesn’t matter I guess but this is just fucking bizarre. Like not close to smart. Why? 

These coaches can't be fired fast enough. Congratulations jones, shithead. Two fucking decades of incompetence came to a climax tonight, and even someone as old and drunk as you has to admit it. We've known it all along. You, on the other hand has had your head up your ass. Great way to go out, jackass.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Very limited, very talent-stripped  Eagles team figured out a way to get whatever production they could by just watching film, noting defensive weaknesses, and running a janky Parcells TrashBall (tm) style offense, chipping at holes in zone coverage, particularly around Jaylon Smith.  We have these alleged riches, smacked a considerably better team around last week but it's like pulling teeth to make anything happen.  Where's the middle of the field?  Why can PHI just pretty much throw bodies at the LOS and feel confident they can force a low percentage throw on the boundary or run with a slow drag route?  What does Jason Garrett do for a living? 

Edited by anacardo

43 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I've got my doubts whether Urban can make the jump from college to pro. Urban's never spent a day out of college football. Neither has Riley, but I think he is better when it comes to schemes. Ruhle is just a damn good coach who could make it work anywhere.

I would be cool with Riley. He's a film junkie, somebody that has some idea what scemes are, and a product of 21st century football. Rhule needs to stay in college ball where his best traits are getting kids to drink the kool aid. I just think Urban is the more likely pick for Jerry.

Edited by DougO

Well, I admit this played out nothing like I expected...damn, Cowboys

Dak maybe shouldn't have even played? Looked like my arm as a senior softball outfielder. But you have no backup so...

Zeke of all people plays the whole game like IDGAF, let's go ahead and book my Cosmo suite for EDM

Amari hurt I guess? Seemed to come out at important times the last few weeks

I expect the Eagles to handle the Giants who will know they need draft position more than a meaningless win. Wish it was Eli and not Jones though. If we somehow get past increasingly beat-up SF/SEA, Desean Jackson is likely back for the divisional round. Mainly just glad I get to keep watching with interest at least one more week...