Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

25 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Maybe tomorrow our president can get on stage and tell every one to go fuck themselves and that he hopes they all die from the Coronavirus in a horrible death.

Then the next day he can tweet he was just being sarcastic and blame the media. 

That would be far too honest for him. Not gonna happen. 

• Like 2

I really need to stay off Facebook. Perhaps this has been discussed before in this thread, but now there’s a shareable post going around about how we shouldn’t believe what the media is reporting about the disinfectant presser. That he never said it. 

Fake news!

I just can’t anymore. (Probably typed/muttered/thought thousands of times since his election.)

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I really need to stay off Facebook. Perhaps this has been discussed before in this thread, but now there’s a shareable post going around about how we shouldn’t believe what the media is reporting about the disinfectant presser. That he never said it. 

Fake news!

I just can’t anymore. (Probably typed/muttered/thought thousands of times since his election.)

Hmm, idiots on facebook, OR video of him saying it, and video of him admitting he said it but he was only joking. Hmm tough call. Could go either way. 

13 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Fake news!

Meanwhile:

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article242326966.html#adnrb=900000

After President Donald Trump floated ingesting highly toxic disinfectant as a treatment for the coronavirus, Kansas health authorities say a man drank cleaning product over the weekend.

Lee Norman, the state health officer, said the head of the Kansas Poison Control Center reported a more than 40 percent increase in cleaning chemical cases.

“Including a fellow over the weekend who drank a product because of the advice he’d received,” Norman said during a news conference Monday.

Norman didn’t identify where the man had gotten the advice. Last week Trump wondered aloud whether injecting disinfectant could fight COVID-19.

Experts say drinking bleach or any other type of disinfectant is dangerous and possibly fatal. The makers of disinfectant products, such as Lysol, have also issued warnings against consuming their products.

“We’re doing what we can to counter-message against that kind of remedy,” Norman said.

• Haha 1

Surprise, another huckster gave trump the idea to drink bleach

In his letter, Mark Grenon told Trump that chlorine dioxide – a powerful bleach used in industrial processes such as textile manufacturing that can have fatal side-effects when drunk – is “a wonderful detox that can kill 99% of the pathogens in the body”. He added that it “can rid the body of Covid-19”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-leader-group-peddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean come on.  At this point, fuck em.  If these people are so far gone that they don't inherently know not to drink fucking bleach, they were going to die some other stupid way anyway.

Except what happens when these jackwagons decide to give their children disinfectant to drink...it's not so simple and straightforward. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

"You can't hate what you ain't never loved."

That's some next-level wisdom right there.

I agree. I have a new mad-lib for my children now:

"You can't ______ what you ain't never  _____."

It should get some laughs.

Meanwhile, The Lincoln Project has a new vid:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pretty sure you know what happens.  Look, we can't stop these idgits.  They are a cult.

It's still the responsibility of public health and government to fight disinformation regardless of the source of disinformation. It's just a tougher battle when the source of disinformation happens to be the President of the United States.

For example, everyone knows tobacco kills - yet tobacco will always remain as a health promotion effort.

I get that you can't live people's lives for them, but some innocent souls will die because of someone living in the White House who has no concern for the well-being of America's citizenry.

Edited by UDontKnow

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Except what happens when these jackwagons decide to give their children disinfectant to drink...it's not so simple and straightforward. 

This is what happens.

spacer.png

Many of Jones’ followers willingly ingested a poison-laced punch while others were forced to do so at gunpoint. The final death toll at Jonestown that day was 909; a third of those who perished were children.

https://www.history.com/.amp/this-day-in-history/mass-suicide-at-jonestown

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean come on.  At this point, fuck em.  If these people are so far gone that they don't inherently know not to drink fucking bleach, they were going to die some other stupid way anyway.

reporter: “sir, it seems unfair that people are blaming you for the rise in cases of ingesting disinfectant, they should know you’re up here sputtering nonsense you know nothing about and that you can’t be trusted to say anything helpful, honest, or halfway intelligent, so what do you say to the evil liberal media blaming you?”

you gotta tie his brain in knots so he doesn’t know which way to spin. it’s ‘a few good men’ all over again. “the old man has lost it”.

• Like 3

I like to keep just a bit of an eye on my right-wing friends (at least the ones who are moderately sane), and I have to tell you that there's been a noticeable change since last week.  The most obvious one is Drudge Report, which has become pretty clearly Trump-skeptical, if not outright Trump-hostile.

This is starting to feel like 2008, when Bush still held his 30% approval rating.  But Republicans who had to get reelected couldn't run far away fast enough from him.  The rats aren't leaving the sinking ship yet.  But they're definitely looking down at the water and thinking about whether to dive or pencil.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I like to keep just a bit of an eye on my right-wing friends (at least the ones who are moderately sane), and I have to tell you that there's been a noticeable change since last week.  The most obvious one is Drudge Report, which has become pretty clearly Trump-skeptical, if not outright Trump-hostile.

This is starting to feel like 2008, when Bush still held his 30% approval rating.  But Republicans who had to get reelected couldn't run far away fast enough from him.  The rats aren't leaving the sinking ship yet.  But they're definitely looking down at the water and thinking about whether to dive or pencil.

i'm sure there are plenty of folks on the right that aren't relying on trump's ridiculous "polling" to determine which way the wind is blowing.  although i guess everything has some value.

"sir, we got your polling back, and 79% of responders say you're doing a good job."

"wow, that's a big number, well done, we are great."

"well, yes and no.  this was an email that was only sent to republican donors and supporters."

"still though, 79% is a really high number.  when i get up to speak, i'll round it up to 80% or probably more like 95% because you know, margin of error, they always get my polling numbers low.  good is good and i'll take that."

"right, but the only options were outstanding, great, and good."

"oh, ok.  but we're still blaming china for this whole thing, right?"

"of course, sir."

36 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Except that now Trump owns the RNC so if you want to run as a Republican then you must show fealty to Trump or you're going to be out in the cold. 

• Like 1

Its absolutely the right thing to do to have plans to re-open the economy before a vaccine is in place. Where testing, tracing dictate distancing. Where people are mandated to take reasonable precautions for public health based on environmental factors.

But the President has to lead public-private-international efforts to ensure that the public is safe based on actual results. They need to construct and execute complex plans on the fly. The economy will not recover otherwise.

Trump is inept and is actually embracing the behaviors that make the pandemic more severe over a longer period of time. The longer this goes on, the worse it will get for everyone.

Right now, we’re missing a clear strategy out of this. There’s not one and it will cost everyone. But we also have a leader sewing discord, making it worse and confusing. The people with money are banking on reopening now. When that doesn’t work? I think July will be interesting.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Fake news!

this was prescient:

Vnl3Gdz.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

"You can't hate what you ain't never loved."

That's some next-level wisdom right there.

Yep. You never loved Hitler so obviously you can’t hate him. 

You never loved that guy who killed your wife so obviously you can’t hate him. 

Trumpism in a nutshell. 

He wants to destroy the union (or at least his handlers do--trump is a demented lunatic now).  In 2014 he said, "You know what solves it?  When the economy crashes, when the country goes to total hell, and everything is a disaster.  Then you'll have, you know, you'll have riots to go back to where we used to be when we were great."  
Meanwhile, he's pitting states against each other, and telling the states that contribute the most economically and have the most educated populations to pound sand.  And at this point I would be fine with it.  Kick us out of the union.  Pretty please. And Florida and the south can keep its shitty education, lack of access to affordable healthcare, and stupid fucking wall.  And I can stop paying to put kids in cages and for misadventures in the Middle East.

What is it? What defines "when we were great?"

In other Wednesday morning news, #PenceIsAnIdiot is trending this morning on Twitter thanks to his mask refusal at the Mayo Clinic yesterday. Mayo deleted their tweet about the Veep, but the commentary on twitter has been an interesting mix of GOP defiance and the smh crowd.