Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

This state loved McCain and that moron's insistence on trashing his memory is not going to go well here in November.

Pretty much guaranteed he'll trash McCain between now and then also.  You know, because he's a fucking moron.

so...

trump is trying to win reelection by any means necessary -> he doesn't trust vote by mail because he thinks people will "cheat" -> a global pandemic makes vote by mail a near necessity -> trump taps top supporter to run the postal service

yeah, this tracks.

• Like 5

I should have known this was coming. I really like our mail carriers. Before the weather gets beastly hot and all through the winter (well before the plague happened), I bake them treats and leave them in the mailbox about an hour before they swing by. A muffin, or a small batch of cookies or a brownie. They get a lot of grief from folks who don't seem to understand that like the police, the firefighters, etc they perform a valuable service for the community and most importantly, they live in the community too. So many folks don't 'see' the workers that live and work among us. They just want whatever it is they want. Rather upstairs, downstairs for a country that fought to divorce itself from a monarchy.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar

The Keith Law bit might be hilarious, but the question about "garnered interest" falls right into the Trump trap.  That's a subjective thing that no one can define or prove happened or didn't happen.  Trump always destroys that shit to the satisfaction of his base because it can't be conclusively shown to be false.
Reporters need to take a course on cross-examination:  asking questions with only one possible truthful answer, the others being outrageous and easily proven lies; and concise questions without "preamble" so that he can't avoid answering the question by going off on a tangent provoked by the question.  They fail at that on the daily.

Thats a perjury trap. Thats a nasty question and you’re fake news.

Guest Lobo

I just learned from an interview with Trump that the area off a factory floor (hallways, break areas, offices, etc.).  That's called "backstage" according to him.  I did not know that.  Factories have a stage area and a backstage area.  Hmmm, he does have the best words.  

43 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I just learned from an interview with Trump that the area off a factory floor (hallways, break areas, offices, etc.).  That's called "backstage" according to him.  I did not know that.  Factories have a stage area and a backstage area.  Hmmm, he does have the best words.  

Regular PT Barnum, he is.

Guest Lobo
6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Regular PT Barnum, he is.

He looks like he’s made out of post traumatic barn ham lately.  

it’s not so much the skin color/hair/tanning debacle, that’s been the case for a decade. But the way his face is somehow puffing up, but also turning in on itself and trying to shove itself into his ever-worsening fitted suits.

The whole thing between the hairline  and the necktie looks like my first  baseman’s mitt that I ran over repeatedly with my bike in spring, but would expand by summer after i oiled it up and left it in the humidity to poof up.  Da fuh?

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I should have known this was coming. I really like our mail carriers. Before the weather gets beastly hot and all through the winter (well before the plague happened), I bake them treats and leave them in the mailbox about an hour before they swing by. A muffin, or a small batch of cookies or a brownie. They get a lot of grief from folks who don't seem to understand that like the police, the firefighters, etc they perform a valuable service for the community and most importantly, they live in the community too. So many folks don't 'see' the workers that live and work among us. They just want whatever it is they want. Rather upstairs, downstairs for a country that fought to divorce itself from a monarchy.

So, my family lived in the same house from the time I was born until I was 17 or so. 

The house across the street went up for rent, and my dad's best friend (who had been a frequent visitor to our home) rented it.  My dad's buddy was a big drinker, and hung out at the local bars.  He recognized the mail carrier as one of his bar friends, and from that day forward, he went to the mailbox every morning and left a shot of whiskey, and left the flag "up". Every evening, he retrieved his mail and his empty shot glass. 

• Like 4

Did I read it here or was it on one of the other info scans today that the rumor floating around re: the stay at Camp David was partly so he could receive some medical care w/o being observed by the press? Presumably because a trip to Walter Reed, etc would be noticed. I think it is a stretch as hopeful theorists are wont to do, but the man does look worse for wear. 

6 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

This state loved McCain and that moron's insistence on trashing his memory is not going to go well here in November.

When the morons turn against other morons, you know shit's getting real. Or maybe they're just all morons.

Edited by TheRealRonWeaver?

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Just wait until he fucks up the post office and his base can't get their disability checks. That will not stand.

I have a feeling those in his base will be just fine.

It’s the purple state, city minorities that will have all their mail go ‘missing’.

Somehow, it’ll be spun as some sort of rural re-investment / reallocation of resources. All the mail in reliable repub areas gets delivered. City ... maybe / maybe not.

It’ll also fuck up the census count which is a double point bonus!

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Somehow, it’ll be spun as some sort of rural re-investment / reallocation of resources. All the mail in reliable repub areas gets delivered. City ... maybe / maybe not.

How you going to get mail out when you spend all your time sheltering illegals?

• Haha 1

I couldn't care less what Parscale has pocketed as campaign manager; that's between him and Trump, since the GOP has been wholly subsumed into the Trump re-election campaign.  But, of note:
-Trump thinks it is his money, and seeing it spent in this manner (boats! houses! cars!) in the media with nothing to show for it poll-wise is going to leave a mark, and
-As noted earlier, they all look at Trump and think what the fuck, I'm going to get mine, too and
-They may figure this is their one shot at a payday, because if Trump loses, no future GOP contender is going to hire these fucking clowns.  

I’m not so sure about that last bit. The most important thing isn’t being effective, it’s being part of team grift. They’ll be back.

i've told this story before, but i was hanging out in the office of our in-house atty at my old old job, and he kept a dry-erase board up with a bunch of pending litigation and whatever - most of which were pissed off vendors.  i asked why there were so many, and he said that our boss's exact philosophy on the subject was, "if i owe 50 people money, we don't pay anyone.  they'll all complain, and they'll come after me, but if we can get away with only paying 48 or 49 out of 50, then that's a win."
really fun doing business with people who feel that way.

I worked, briefly, at a law firm run like this. It was horrifying. You couldn’t get the pettiest thing done because the vendors all knew to ask “But are your bosses gonna pay me?” Depo transcripts to copy paper, you spent half your time angling with accounting to get whoever paid so you could move your case forward. Insanity.

16 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

The same people who loved McCain easily got conned by Trump to think McCain wasn't a real hero. I'm not convinced until I'm shown how much they really cared. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

How you going to get mail out when you spend all your time sheltering illegals?

yes, but what if they have the illegal immigrants distribute the mail within those cities. 

mindblown.gif

Guest Lobo
15 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Brad knows what eventually happens to the Death Star right?

Yep, their campaign has one fatal flaw in it, a thermal exhaust port if you will...their candidate, Donald Trump. 

And like the thermal exhaust port, all he does is expel steaming hot gaseous lies.  

Plus, Brad Parscale...asshole.  That green beam goes on to blow up an entire peaceful planet.  Kinda like your candidate is doing now but using Covid-19, not lasers.  

Oh wait, maybe that's what Space Force is gonna do...blowup Covid-19 with a giant space laser.  Okay, I take it all back...I'm in! 

The notion of campaign workers enriching themselves grotesquely, on a single campaign, is another irksome aspect of money in politics.

I can live with professional campaign consultants making a hefty professional salary; it's a seemingly rare-ish talent with high value and demand.  And I can even live with them supplementing actual campaign work with consultation on lobbying-type efforts.

But this is out of control.

Edited by TwiceHorn

If he gets it and recovers, that's worse due to how he will respond and how he'll be pitched as "tough" and a "winner".  Thoroughly nauseating.

If he gets it and dies, it will trigger some level of short term chaos, but who knows for sure what the extent of the immediate impact will be.

7 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

If he gets it and recovers, that's worse due to how he will respond and how he'll be pitched as "tough" and a "winner".  Thoroughly nauseating.

If he gets it and dies, it will trigger some level of short term chaos, but who knows for sure what the extent of the immediate impact will be.

I'd prefer the latter

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

If he gets it, that throws out the window that entire narrative that this is under control, and it's time for everyone to just get back to work.

If there's one person in this country that cannot get this virus, it's Trump, and not because he's president.  Him contracting it, and possibly becoming gravely ill is something his followers can't comprehend.

Guest Lobo
14 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

One thing's for sure, we don't have to worry about a subversive deceit technique like in the movie "Dave", starring the great Kevin Kline.  

Because there's nobody else on Earth that looks remotely like that goofy motherfucker.  Eric looks the closest to him but he's in decent shape.  

Yeah, if he beats it...he'll finally get that "rally around the flag" bump he's been craving, particularly since he checks so many of vulnerability boxes.  I think he'd win if that was the case, only good news would be he still has another 6 months to go back to being an incompetent 'Murder Wasp'   so he'd erode any sustainable polling advantage.  

If he dies of anything between now and the election, it'll be chaos for sure.  I can see Mother though, standing behind Pence, both of them looking into the mirror as she adjusts his tie, given to him by his late buddy and mentor, "It's just too long for your short torso, Michael.  Anyway, you were meant for this moment by the Lord.  You were put here for a reason, to calm down their fears, to get them to end the violence, to chart a path forward.  Be the shepherd Christ wants you to be."  And then something, something, something, all hell breaks loose.  

Edited by Lobo