Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Rep because I absolutely adore that movie.

Dave: "She's great. She's really exotic! She's a princess! She's Polynesian - well, half Polynesian, and half American. She's... Amnesian."

Alan Reed: Bob, at some point we're gonna have to call the Vice President.

Bob Alexander: Don't call the Vice President.

Alan Reed: What?

Bob Alexander: Just don't call him, Al.

Alan Reed: The guy's in a coma, Bob!

Bob Alexander: I don't give a shit.

Alan Reed: Bob!

Bob Alexander: This is mine, Alan. All mine. I made him, I built him. And no Boy Scout is going to come in here and take it away from me, just because he happens to be Vice President of the United States.

Regarding Mitch McConnell and contracting the virus from Trump. I have the firm belief that McConnell avoids the President as much as possible.

Also I don't think that covid can be transmitted to turtles

26 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Donald Trump will never live in New York again. In fact, he might be the first ex-president to live in exile outside of the United States. 

I think this is very likely.  He would never admit he was exiled though.  It would be his choice, but he was being forced to because the fake news media and the Dems are super meanies.

A new paint job that Mexico is going to pay for.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/trump-border-wall-black-paint/2020/05/06/dbda8ae4-8eff-11ea-8df0-ee33c3f5b0d6_story.html

President Trump is once more pushing to have his border wall painted black, a design change that is projected to add at least $500 million in costs, according to government contracting estimates obtained by The Washington Post.
The president’s determination to have the steel bollards coated in black has fluctuated during the past several years, and military commanders and border officials believed as recently as last fall that they had finally talked him out of it. They consider the black paint unnecessary, costly and a significant long-term maintenance burden, and they left it out of the original U.S. Customs and Border Protection design specifications.

Trump has not let go of the idea, insisting that the dark color will enhance its forbidding appearance and leave the steel too hot to touch during summer months. During a border wall meeting at the White House last month amid the coronavirus pandemic, the president told senior adviser Jared Kushner and aides to move forward with the paint job and to seek out cost estimates, according to four administration officials with knowledge of the meeting.

“POTUS has changed his mind and now wants the fence painted. We are modifying contracts to add,” said one official involved in the construction effort who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of being fired.
Trump, during that meeting, directed aides to seek input from North Dakota-based Fisher Sand and Gravel, a company the president favors. Fisher has a $400 million contract to build a section of new barrier in Arizona, an award that is under review by the Department of Defense inspector general.

The Post obtained a copy of painting estimates that federal contracting officials produced, and it shows costs ranging from $500 million for two coats of acrylic paint to more than $3 billion for a premium “powder coating” on the structure’s 30-foot steel bollards, the high end of the options the officials have identified.
The White House has not yet chosen a grade of paint, but Trump has insisted for years that the barrier should be black to discourage climbers. He has favored a shade known as “flat black” or “matte black” because of its heat-absorbent properties.

During the same White House meeting, Kushner expressed frustration at the pace of land acquisition in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas, where the Trump administration is preparing to seize hundreds of parcels of private land from owners who have refused to sell.
Trump’s son-in-law, who is also at the center of the administration’s pandemic response, has been placed in charge of overseeing construction. He expressed frustration at this role during the meeting, telling others the wall was not his favorite project but that he is the only one who can get it done.

With Kushner in charge we can all breathe easy. That stops any project in its tracks.

Donald Trump will never live in New York again. In fact, he might be the first ex-president to live in exile outside of the United States. 

Nah. No one else will take him. He'll go hang out in FL for a couple years.

19 minutes ago, Constant said:

Biden going hard in the paint. 

That's not hard in the paint. The DNC is hilariously weak. Tom Perez is a dehydrated fetus and that portion of the democratic machine needs to flushed out almost as bad as Trump's oligarchy representation. 

I like the ad but Biden's commentary in the tweet is pointless. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chooky said:

That's not hard in the paint. The DNC is hilariously weak. Tom Perez is a dehydrated fetus and that portion of the democratic machine needs to flushed out almost as bad as Trump's oligarchy representation. 

I like the ad but Biden's commentary in the tweet is pointless. 

The Lincoln project has been hitting Trump way harder than this piece from the Biden campaign

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

I always liked the scene where Marcellus Wallace tells Kevin Kline that he would have taken a bullet for him. Underrated movie IMO. 

I preferred the scene where Otto mocked Ken's stutter while stuck in cement.  

46 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This conceit is endlessly fascinating to me. It’s the old debate trick of performatively conceding the lesser point in order to win the broader point—but in reverse. Trump’s people concede the most significant matter just so that they can argue the ephemera.

These people are afraid of reality and choose to live in make-believe land because it feels better.

On 5/7/2020 at 11:22 AM, Lobo said:

Lots of flag/general officers actually did that.  Not most, but more than you'd think.  Obviously Eisenhower took him with him after WWII/Europe to the White House some years later.  If this was just a Trump bagman/bodyman, he may not have but distant contact with Trump except maybe handing him his phone one time, or something.  If it was a personal valet, like a Naval NCO in the residency, the guy could have touched Trump's hands and face directly multiple times a day for the last 90 days.  

This is true.  I wonder about actually dressing him, though.  I think one of the major functions of such a valet is to keep the uniforms clean, pressed, and assembled, and transfer badges and ribbons as appropriate, basically what were then considered wifely duties and actually a fairly substantial pain in the ass.

There is a lot less need for a valet as a civilian and almost no need for a slob like Trump.  

Guest Lobo

Somebody has to double Windsor knot that long, ugly noose that Trump calls a necktie. 

For some reason I am suddenly reminded of the James Earl Jones character in a long forgotten 1990s movie called “by the dawns early light“.  Thankfully some of you who like me are actual patriots, Will know exactly why I am reminded of that scene at the end of the movie.  Sometimes the senior officer has To jump on the grenade as it were in order to save the republic

Edited by Lobo

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

These people are afraid of reality and choose to live in make-believe land because it feels better.

YES!  The press has endlessly argued the ephemera so that the broader, major point is blunted, if not lost.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Trump Trolley Problem for $1000 Alex

Ya'll doing ok? Looks really bad from over here. Hey, I had a no nuke Friday, but I'll be damned if its raining now this morning. Oh well can't win em all.

Take it easy my Gs