Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

10 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Mattis and at least two of the four master NCOs all speaking out is very very powerful. Seismic, even. 

I think field and line officers are pretty well drilled about their place in government.  The thoughtful ones take it to heart with other concepts like following orders, unlawful orders, etc.

2 minutes ago, SameSame said:

flip your radio to one of the many right winger stations out there, they are 100% still Trumpkins.  They are bending over and lying their ass off to defend him.

Or just peruse this for a bit if you want to see the alternate reality that 40% +/- of our population lives in........https://texags.com/forums/16

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Dude is like a deity to Marines. Search for Mattis memes and you'll see how much we love that dude. This is a big deal.

From what I understand, his status ain't Chesty Puller, but it's damned close.  Is that accurate?

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump is done guys. His latest lunatic antics have cinched it. It’s not if it’s when.  It’s all over but the cryin.

Yes his scumbag supporters will still support him. Scumbags gotta scumbag. But Trump has now lost practically every non scumbag in America. So he’s done. 

Here are the pathetic libtards that he has lost:

Mad Dog Mattis, Admiral McRaven (Longhorn legend, commanded mission to get Bin Laden), George W. Bush, former Joint Chiefs chair Admiral Mullen, former undersecretary of defense James Miller, George Will . . . yeah, we could keep going, but do we have to? 

13 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

6m3be.jpg

It's precisely what I've been saying before he even got the nomination.  You let a deranged nutjob like Dotard INTO the White House, there's absolutely no way you get him out without really, really, REALLY bad shit going down.

In short, what we're seeing now?  Not even close to the worst that I expect from him.  

Is it reasonably likely that we will see opposing contingents of armed federal forces in a standoff against each other before all is said and done?  Yep.

Which dovetails exactly with this:

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

As I told Brisket on the phone this morning, the Trump Presidency ended Monday evening.  He may still reside in the White House, but he has no legitimacy.  Anything he tries to do will be met with such blow-back that it'll have to be walked back.  And since it's now his defeat in November is becoming a foregone conclusion, he becomes ever more impotent.

And that is actually really scary.

He's a cornered, rabid, brain-damaged animal.  There's no way this ends peacefully.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

flip your radio to one of the many right winger stations out there, they are 100% still Trumpkins.  They are bending over and lying their ass off to defend him.

Yes they are. And they are desperate.

Look I didn’t say Trump would lose all support whatsoever. The scumbags are still gonna scumbag and the right wing hate machine is still in search of its huge profits. None of that has changed.

What has changed is that anyone, and I mean anyone, who is not evil, senile, a scumbag, hopelessly stupid, etc no longer supports that piece of shit. Yeah there are still a lot of evil, senile, scumbag and hopelessly stupid people in America, but they don’t constitute a majority. 

He is fucking done. 

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

His appeal to the GOP is getting elected while calling himself a Republican.  He loses an election, and loses other elections for GOP candidates, he loses appeal to the GOP.

It is, in fact, very transactional.

Nope.   Because....

4 minutes ago, SameSame said:

GOP elected officials might end up very, very much wanting to move on from Trumpism.  The problem is, there's nothing left in the cupboard of the GOP base.  It's all Trumpism, and only Trumpism.  Even after Trump is gone someday, the only way to win a GOP nomination is to run on how much you love Trump.

43 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Love these guys.

As I watch this, I imagine a time traveler going back to the 2016 Trump thread to share this.

Hey guys wait till you watch this and see what a shitshow this is. 

Pretty sure most reactions, mine included, would be a total lack of surprise. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.   Because....

GOP elected officials might end up very, very much wanting to move on from Trumpism.  The problem is, there's nothing left in the cupboard of the GOP base.  It's all Trumpism, and only Trumpism.  Even after Trump is gone someday, the only way to win a GOP nomination is to run on how much you love Trump.

Or they could have a do-over.  If Trumpism doesn't win in November, es finito.

Because you can enable it, you can support it, but without the nearly unique insanity that is Donald Trump, and the cult of Apprentice personality, there is no Trumpism.  There's no way to duplicate it because it doesn't actually stand for anything.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

That Bulwark article makes a good point.  it doesn't matter about his place as president, it matters about his place as head of GOP.  We aren't yet seeing the GOP support crumble.  Until we start to see that, there is no reason to believe that things are going to change post election. On the bright side, I don't expect his Twitter account to last any longer than 15 minutes after he's no longer President, though it wouldn't surprise me if they terminated his account as soon as he loses the election.

I think we have to assume that they will never budge, no matter what. If they push through and help Trump to get reelected, they become king makers and never have to run for office again. The playbook has been shown in Russia and China recently. That's our path unless some real, unprecedented interventions happen. 

Like others, I wish I was that optimistic, but I've been on the ledge since election night and to this point, all my fears of this administration have largely been realized. 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Or they could have a do-over.  If Trumpism doesn't win in November, es finito.

You really don't understand Trumpists, do you?  The cult will stay with HIM, not with the party.  If the party wants their votes, they have to stay with him.

But, meanwhile....Donnie.... Donnie boy....bubbe.......

BronzeMammothBasil-small.gif

9 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Well if hes watching Fox he believes it was a success.  Some dumb shit was on there talking about the symbolism of him marching to a church being powerful because so many people want to go to church right now and cant.  Their spin is fucking nauseating at times.  

Well all those people need is some tear gas, flash bangs and a mounted posse.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Like others, I wish I was that optimistic, but I've been on the ledge since election night and to this point, all my fears of this administration have largely been realized. 

And this.  Everything we were afraid of about this admin?

200.gif

Just now, Brisketexan said:

You really don't understand Trumpists, do you?  The cult will stay with HIM, not with the party.  If the party wants their votes, they have to stay with him.

But, meanwhile....Donnie.... Donnie boy....bubbe.......

BronzeMammothBasil-small.gif

See my edit.  I do understand it, but without him in power, what is there?  A bunch of tweets?

That's going to hold people for four years if he doesn't croak or stroke out in the interim?

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

His appeal to the GOP is getting elected while calling himself a Republican.  He loses an election, and loses other elections for GOP candidates, he loses appeal to the GOP.

It is, in fact, very transactional.

You sure Cletus agrees with you? Because Trump is going to keep talking to Cletus, and eventually he's going to find the right set of Cletus and Jim Bob's that are going to be willing to start shooting.  

You've solved for the GOP moving on, but you haven't solved for the country moving on.  Only way Trump is going to stop fomenting division is if he's dead. And until that happens there is a danger that Trump is going to find the right Cletus and Jim Bob.  

Man the Texags forum makes me want to stab my retinas.   The very most anti-Trump comment is someone who acknowledges he'll vote for DT again because he "can't wrap his mind around voting for a Democrat."  

Another sample comment: Man they are pulling out all the stops to go after Trump. I don't know how he has withstood this type of constant barrage for the past three plus years. Americans that love this country should be praying for him.   

JFC, hook line and sinker those dipshits. 

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans
spelling hard.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

See my edit.  I do understand it, but without him in power, what is there?  A bunch of tweets?

That's going to hold people for four years if he doesn't croak or stroke out in the interim?

There's always OAN.  I expec the'll have a show on that channel within a year from today if he's not dead or in jail.

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because you can enable it, you can support it, but without the nearly unique insanity that is Donald Trump, and the cult of Apprentice personality, there is no Trumpism.  There's no way to duplicate it because it doesn't actually stand for anything.

43weeg.jpg

I would bet a month's pay that the vast majority of MAGAts turned out in 2016.  There is no additional base to rally.  He's lost a few, probably gained a little less, but as it stands now, I don't think there are more than 60M people who will pull the lever for Donald Trump in November.

This election hinges on one thing:  getting out the vote.  That's it.  Fuck the ledge.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Again, you don't understand cults.

All he has to do is tweet, or broadcast regularly from his own network, Trump TV/OANN.  That's it.  The cult wants to hear what they want to hear.  And he will continue to give it to them.  And anyone who doesn't fall in line will not get their support.

• Like 1

He's done. Even the sycophants are starting to realize there won't be a second term and they just got their first view of the gallows. Very soon you won't be able to move a foot in DC without stepping on the rats fleeing the SS Trump.

No need for presidential debates. Undecided almost doesn't exist. 

36 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

As I told Brisket on the phone this morning, the Trump Presidency ended Monday evening.  He may still reside in the White House, but he has no legitimacy.  Anything he tries to do will be met with such blow-back that it'll have to be walked back.  And since it's now his defeat in November is becoming a foregone conclusion, he becomes ever more impotent.

And that is actually really scary.

This is not how you humblebrag 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, NAVY said:

He's done. Even the sycophants are starting to realize there won't be a second term and they just got their first view of the gallows. Very soon you won't be able to move a foot in DC without stepping on the rats fleeing the SS Trump.

No need for presidential debates. Undecided almost doesn't exist. 

Trump is most definitely not done, even if he loses bigly in November. 

See Jonathan Last's article from this morning and a similar article he wrote 6 months agoL

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That Bulwark article is absurd.  Republican office-holders are not going to maintain fealty to a man who is out of office.

Normally that’d make sense,  but do you think his followers and their voters are going to stop?   Um, no. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

ahh I get it. I am also going to hold back myself. I hear by announce I am an independent voter again! I thought last night "hey, maybe that whole photo opp military gassing thing wasn't the entire iceberg" and shit, I get hangry too. i mean WHO DOESN'T.

Just sit here and see what happens. Can't wait for that first debate. Lets see. I hope they talk about the economy. Oh and I know the Democrats will be right there with black community demanding that crack cocaine crimes get treated like regular cocaine crimes. Do you guys think the Republicans will also finally say those sweet words the black community is needing to hear!? 

tumblr_mt732cT2CO1swttsso1_500.gif

5 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Normally that’d make sense,  but do you think his followers and their voters are going to stop?   Um, no. 

This.  In fact, as Last's article from today mentions, they'll take perverse joy in their martyrdom and as long as Trump has a twitter account, he will direct the Republican Party.

12 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

They will follow whoever keeps them in power.  If Trump is out of office, the only tool he has is blackmail.  Now, that's a powerful tool, but it's not like his followers have no dirt on him, either.

Sycophants suck up to power.  The Republicans will flounder without Trump in the Oval Office.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

100,000+ dead from global pandemic

15-20% unemployment and facing major depression 

Trade war with china, destruction of  democratic Hong Kong. 

nationwide riots and civil unrest with military units used against American citizens 

yet....dotard is cool as a cucumber with a resting  ht rate of 63bpm with not one sympathetic nerve firing.  Is this supposed to be comforting??

58 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

All he has to do is tweet, or broadcast regularly from his own network, Trump TV/OANN.  That's it.  The cult wants to hear what they want to hear.  And he will continue to give it to them.  And anyone who doesn't fall in line will not get their support.

So they can then form their own trump party and get slaughtered in the polls like the greens or the libertarians.

Currently the Republican Party has become the party of trump, and its hemorrhaging voters who are not complete scumbags, racists, idiots, senile olds, etc. 

Trump thinks his law and order approach will win him back the suburbs and all the white women afraid of black people violence. The problem with that is nowadays the white women soccer moms recognize who is inflaming the violence and its trump and the Republican Party. They are the ones causing the chaos, and the soccer moms don’t like that. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That Bulwark article is absurd.  Republican office-holders are not going to maintain fealty to a man who is out of office.

Yea, I think all of Trump's power is transactional.  Not sure what he can sell or lord over people once hes out of office.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I get a cult.  But a cult doesn't have to concern itself with winning elections. A political party does.

Once Trump loses his utility at winning elections, his utility to the GOP ends.

Now, he may maintain some level of personal support from his whackos (40%!!11!!!), the cult, but what good does that do the GOP if there aren't enough whackos to win the national election?

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, Miley’s missive may be bigger than Mattis’s.

Seriously....we live in a country and time where that is necessary. That’s....horrifying.

But people who have sworn to protect the republic....are doing so. That’s fantastic.

They are both big but you’re right Miley’s missive probably is bigger than Mattis’s but its not really horrifying, its just reality. Miley has more twitter followers than the president does, or at least so I have been told. 

It’s the fact that both of these totally different individuals have now come out publicly against Trump which should at least give you some sort of hope. 

Lmao Trump's latest tweet about Mattis is so fucking stupid and full of lies that even the MAGA’s in the Corps will see through it.

Mattis was called ”Mad Dog” well before he was even on Trump’s radar. Its a nickname his Marines gave him. ”Chaos” is his fucking callsign for battle communications. Another blatant Trump lie.

Note: Mattis is not even a fan of his ”Mad Dog” nickname, but his Marines gave it to him so he just kinda rolls with it.

Edited by USMCHorn
  • Like 3