Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, USMCHorn said:

Lmao Trump's latest tweet about Mattis is so fucking stupid and full of lies that even the MAGA’s in the Corps will see through it.

Matt is was called ”Mad Dog” before he was even on Trump’s radar. ”Chaos” is his fucking callsign for battle communications. Another blatant Trump lie.

He does seem to be the one Republican that people wouldn't be able to easily dismiss.  There might be some real reaction to this.  Still on the margins . . . 1, 2% or something, but something real nonetheless.

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

"Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis"

Trivia, dotard: You were also both Presidents of the United States. 

And they both have wives and daughters that were fucked by black guys, repeatedly.  

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I wish I shared your optimism

Look I get it. What’s transpired over the last three years and especially over the last few months, how can you possibly feel optimistic about what’s to come next? 

And I do think it will get worse for a time. It will get worse, and worse, until the day comes that Trump is no longer the president. I wholeheartedly believe that. 

But I refuse to lose sight of the fact that despite all its terrible flaws, this is the greatest country that ever existed, even if that greatness never and didn’t extend to all its citizens. 

I refuse to believe that all the good it’s done will come to an ignominious end because of a second rate bankrupt reality TV star huckster. If that’s true, then what was the point of all of it? The flawed greatness of the founding fathers like Washington, Lincoln wining the Civil War, Roosevelt and the defeat of the evil of Nazis, all for nothing? I don’t believe it. 

It’s for the same reason that I refuse to believe that just because you don’t believe in Jesus a billion Hindus are going to hell. Makes no sense. 

I believe. 

• Like 5

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Look I get it. What’s transpired over the last three years and especially over the last few months, how can you possibly feel optimistic about what’s to come next? 

And I do think it will get worse for a time. It will get worse, and worse, until the day comes that Trump is no longer the president. I wholeheartedly believe that. 

But I refuse to lose sight of the fact that despite all its terrible flaws, this is the greatest country that ever existed, even if that greatness never and didn’t extend to all its citizens. 

I refuse to believe that all the good it’s done will come to an ignominious end because of a second rate bankrupt reality TV star huckster. If that’s true, then what was the point of all of it? The flawed greatness of the founding fathers like Washington, Lincoln wining the Civil War, Roosevelt and the defeat of the evil of Nazis, all for nothing? I don’t believe it. 

It’s for the same reason that I refuse to believe that just because you don’t believe in Jesus a billion Hindus are going to hell. Makes no sense. 

I believe. 

Thank you, Red.

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, Miley’s missive may be bigger than Mattis’s.

Seriously....we live in a country and time where that is necessary. That’s....horrifying.

But people who have sworn to protect the republic....are doing so. That’s fantastic.

Once things get to the point where you have to enforce a contract everyone is already screwed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That would be some J.J. Abrams type bullshit for sure.  We'd all be marching under the rule of the new autocrat going, "Really? That's how you end that shit?  What a waste. Give me back the last 243 years."

November is going to be a disaster regardless of the outcome of the election and the worst has yet to come.

However, I am the eternal optimist and truly believe things will get better, it might take 10-20 years though, it all depends how we respond to what is coming.  

We are in the destructive part of the cycle and the controllable variables our society has to mitigate damage are nonexistent.  When the shit gets so much worse than it is now many will say things like, “No one could see this coming and there was nothing we could do” which is fucking bullshit.  The writing has been on the wall for years so break out the scotch and make the most of every day to work towards a better world because the normal we have known isn’t coming back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think field and line officers are pretty well drilled about their place in government.  The thoughtful ones take it to heart with other concepts like following orders, unlawful orders, etc.

Army press release today...doesn't really gibe with what the c-in-c is trying to put down.

Dear Soldiers, Civilians, Family members and Soldiers for Life:

Over the past week, the country has suffered an explosion of frustration over the racial divisions that still plague us as Americans. And because your Army is a reflection of American society, those divisions live in the Army as well. We feel the frustration and anger. We felt it this week while traveling through the nation's capital with the DC National Guard. We feel it, even though we can never fully understand the frustration and life experiences of people of color, in or out of uniform. But we do understand the importance of taking care of people, and of treating every person with dignity and respect.

Our ability to defend this country from all enemies, foreign and domestic, is founded upon a sacred trust with the American people. Racial division erodes that trust. Though we all aspire to live by the Army values of loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage, the Army has sometimes fallen short. Because just as we reflect the best of America, we reflect its imperfections as well. We need to work harder to earn the trust of mothers and fathers who hesitate to hand their sons and daughters into our care. How we respond to the anger that has ignited will chart the course of that trust.

Every Soldier and Department of the Army Civilian swears an oath to support and defend the Constitution. That includes the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. We will continue to support and defend those rights, and we will continue to protect Americans, whether from enemies of the United States overseas, from COVID-19 at home, or from violence in our communities that threatens to drown out the voices begging us to listen. To Army leaders of all ranks, listen to your people, but don't wait for them to come to you. Go to them. Ask the uncomfortable questions. Lead with compassion and humility, and create an environment in which people feel comfortable expressing grievances. Let us be the first to set the example. We are listening. And we will continue to put people first as long as we are leading the Army. Because people are our greatest strength.

God bless all of the people of our United States Army: our Soldiers, Families, Civilians, and Soldier for Life retirees and veterans. And God bless the United States of America.

Michael A. Grinston

Sergeant Major of the Army

James C. McConville

General, United States Army

Ryan D. McCarthy

Secretary of the Army

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I get a cult.  But a cult doesn't have to concern itself with winning elections. A political party does.

Once Trump loses his utility at winning elections, his utility to the GOP ends.

Now, he may maintain some level of personal support from his whackos (40%!!11!!!), the cult, but what good does that do the GOP if there aren't enough whackos to win the national election?

That is why voter suppression and whatever help Russia can give will be important to them. They are still an asset to Russia. They spent all that money funneled through the NRA just to give up on it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They only love him if he wins, just like aggy only loves their QB until he loses.  

I honestly think you actually give them too much credit to think they wouldn’t knife Trump in the back and blame him for losing to the libtards.  They’ll throw a tantrum and blame everyone else, too - the media, the low information voters, the [fill in the blank] - but they’ll also direct some of that tantrum at him.  Lord knows he’s done enough stupid shit for them to find things to be resentful about.  “Why the fuck did he do [____]?  That handed the government back to the gun grabbers and the abortionists and the tan suit wearers!  Yeah yeah, it’s great you cracked some protester skulls that one time, but big whoop - how does that help me now that the communists are in charge? What have you done for me lately, Donald?”

It’s just like how Trump throws everyone under the bus who is no longer useful to him.  GOP voters are like Trump.  That’s why they like him.  That’s also why many won’t like him if he lets them down.  You’re actually underestimating how self-centered, reactionary and nihilistic they are. You’re too much of an optimist.  

They’re not principled enough to have loyalty to a loser who can’t help them anymore.  Just like aggy doesn’t really mean it about being the best fans and never lying, cheating or stealing.  What have you done for me lately?  Me, me, me!

I won't speak for Trump voters, but I think this describes the GOP to a tee.

I concede that there may be a core of Trump lovers that hang on until they or he die.  But I don't see him being useful to the GOP anymore.

2 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Yea, a cornered animal fights harder.  He has so much shit looming over him for when he leaves office. I expect a lot of fuckery up to November.  

He's a cornered chicken. His way of fighting has never been bare knuckles. It's lawsuits, delay, and bluster. He's destroyed without operatives, and he's running out of those.

The GOP won't abandon him because he's all they have. Abandon him and they all get swept out of office and many to jail.

There is still that huge part of the electorate that wanted something as heinous as Trump. They remain a festering sore and site of rot. That said, we may be watching the removal of the most immediate problem which is DJ Trump and his family of slimeballs.

Righteous black people have led the way. I will never forget that. A couple of percent of them will perish from Covid. If the history books don't give them their due, well, status quo. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump is done guys. His latest lunatic antics have cinched it. It’s not if it’s when.  It’s all over but the cryin civil war.

fixy

2 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

Or just peruse this for a bit if you want to see the alternate reality that 40% +/- of our population lives in........https://texags.com/forums/16

Goddamn that Mattis thread over there is a gold mine of stupid.

• Like 1

from texags mattis thread:

this notion of divisiveness really just illustrates how important being politically correct is in today's politics. For all of Trump's faults, I hope this is the one aspect of his Presidency that I hope has some lasting power... this political correct bull**** needs to stop. Honesty needs to be reestablished.

I mean, I can't even

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump is done guys. His latest lunatic antics have cinched it. It’s not if it’s when.  It’s all over but the cryin.

Yes his scumbag supporters will still support him. Scumbags gotta scumbag. But Trump has now lost practically every non scumbag in America. So he’s done. 

I, too, wish I shared this optimism that you have about it being over and have had on here for months. 

because in the back of my head, I know that Trump and other Republicans/Conservatives will do any and everything to win—including cheat.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

November is going to be a disaster regardless of the outcome of the election and the worst has yet to come.

However, I am the eternal optimist and truly believe things will get better, it might take 10-20 years though, it all depends how we respond to what is coming.  

We are in the destructive part of the cycle and the controllable variables our society has to mitigate damage are nonexistent.  When the shit gets so much worse than it is now many will say things like, “No one could see this coming and there was nothing we could do” which is fucking bullshit.  The writing has been on the wall for years so break out the scotch and make the most of every day to work towards a better world because the normal we have known isn’t coming back. 

It won’t take 10-20 years.

We are in the final stages of the worst of it. It will be all over with in the next 2 years or so. The destructive cycle has been going on for as lot longer than most realize.

We are about to enter spring again. Winter is coming to an end. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

We are in the final stages of the worst of it. It will be all over with in the next 2 years or so. The destructive cycle has been going on for as lot longer than most realize.

I wish but these Trumpers aren’t going anywhere and they’re not going to all of a sudden reject white supremacy.  The challenges we’re looking at are going to take a generation to resolve, if we’re lucky.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The only way spring and recovery are coming quickly is if we get rid of Trump and get a vaccine for Covid in the next 12 months.  The former is a maybe (people are forgetting how big his voting bloc is and how eager the Republicans and Russians are to cheat to keep him in power) and the later is a longshot.  I hope I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I hope you're correct, because (assuming he's still alive in October) I wouldn't put it past that motherfucker to orchestrate a dirty bomb in Omaha or some other abject, world-altering lunacy as a last-ditch effort to forestall elections. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would bet a month's pay that the vast majority of MAGAts turned out in 2016.  There is no additional base to rally.  He's lost a few, probably gained a little less, but as it stands now, I don't think there are more than 60M people who will pull the lever for Donald Trump in November.

This election hinges on one thing:  getting out the vote.  That's it.  Fuck the ledge.

artworks-000363861930-6fjxxs-t500x500.jp

21 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I hope you're correct, because (assuming he's still alive in October) I wouldn't put it past that motherfucker to orchestrate a dirty bomb in Omaha or some other abject, world-altering lunacy as a last-ditch effort to forestall elections. 

Exactly, we lack imagination at this moment in time because our current state would have been unimaginable just five years ago.  

42 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wish but these Trumpers aren’t going anywhere and they’re not going to all of a sudden reject white supremacy.  The challenges we’re looking at are going to take a generation to resolve, if we’re lucky.

This. We've backslid hard. The damage done was deep and systemic. We have unqualified wacko judges with lifetime appointments that are going to continue to do harm long after Trump is gone. RBG damn well better stay alive until February. After that, it doesn't matter. Our fate will be sealed either way at that point.

Edited by RPM
speeling
  • Like 1

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tells-sean-spicer-ive-done-so-much-for-religion?ref=home

During a 22-minute “interview” on Wednesday that started with Sean Spicer defending his former boss against charges of racism and ended with the president praising his former White House press secretary’s performance on Dancing With the Stars, Donald Trump addressed his awkward bible photo-op that followed police tear-gassing peaceful protesters earlier this week.

Asked by Spicer what message he was trying to send with his church visit, Trump first said he did it because “somebody suggested it was a good idea” before insisting that “everything was handled really well” and that “religious leaders loved it.” When Spicer asked him if he’s “grown in his faith” during his time in office, the president said, “So I think maybe I have, from the standpoint that I see so much that I can do. I've done so much for religion.”

1 hour ago, USMCHorn said:

Lmao Trump's latest tweet about Mattis is so fucking stupid and full of lies that even the MAGA’s in the Corps will see through it.

Mattis was called ”Mad Dog” well before he was even on Trump’s radar. Its a nickname his Marines gave him. ”Chaos” is his fucking callsign for battle communications. Another blatant Trump lie.

Note: Mattis is not even a fan of his ”Mad Dog” nickname, but his Marines gave it to him so he just kinda rolls with it.

Trump is a draft dodger whose family paid a doctor to get him out of the service with a bone spurs diagnosis. And he not only shits on General Mattis, who is a highly revered Marine who served in the Gulf War, Afghanistan, and the Iraq War and has military decorations that REQUIRE being in combat, including a Bronze Star with a Combat V, he takes it a step further and claims that he gave him the Mad Dog nickname, a nickname Mattis actually received from his fellow Marines over a decade ago. Marines defend their culture zealously. I can't see how he has any support left in the USMC after tonight.

Also, lest we forget, Trump also shit on Admiral McRaven. Trump might as well cover all his bases and throw General Clarke and General Goldfein under the bus. Hell, talk shit about Audie Murphy, too. That'll show the military who's boss...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

As I told Brisket on the phone this morning, the Trump Presidency ended Monday evening.  He may still reside in the White House, but he has no legitimacy.  Anything he tries to do will be met with such blow-back that it'll have to be walked back.  And since it's now his defeat in November is becoming a foregone conclusion, he becomes ever more impotent.

And that is actually really scary.

You on the party line with Brisket, or is there a phone talkin’ club that the rest of us can’t join?

Exactly, we lack imagination at this moment in time because our current state would have been unimaginable just five years ago.  

But it wasn’t. There were a crapload of people who imagined just this sort of shit. All of it. We were told that we were being alarmist, and unhinged, and paranoid. But this shit was all imaginable. When you layer the gruesome narcissism and insanity of Trump on top of the Machiavellian white supremacist dominionists who happily partnered with him, thinking that he would be a manipulable tool to impose their twisted vision....this sort of shit was inevitable.

And remember, there is one universal constant of this regime: it can and will get worse.

He is feeling cornered. It will only get more dangerous for all of us, and for the republic.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

The worst is yet to come, but its not the end. This is not the end.

I know most of y’all have probably seen the movies LA Confidential and Do the Right Thing before. Both great movies. 

But I would encourage you to watch both of those movie again in light of the recent events. It’s illuminating as to how the police operate in America.

The police are designed to protect all y’all, most of the readers of this board. From a self interest perspective, that’s fine. 

But from an overall health of the country perspective, it’s not. We need to move past all this shit.