Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’d be very very curious what properties they own out of country. My guess is they head to Isreal by the end of the year. Isreal won’t let the US extradite them. Maybe Switzerland ? No way they stay in the US 

Israel would violate treaties and fuck themselves over with future administrations in order to save no longer useful sacks of shit?  That seems highly unlikely.

They are gonna get no quarter anywhere. Even Russia only tolerates this shit while people are useful. These assets are going to be completely disposable next year, and Putin will trade them for something. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

They are appalled, embarrassed for us, etc.

Just like a majority of Americans.

What this has shown is that a significant number of Americans are easily sold and will vote for an immoral, corrupt, failed-businessman if said candidate researches what they want to hear and then says it. That's all it takes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’d be very very curious what properties they own out of country. My guess is they head to Isreal by the end of the year. Isreal won’t let the US extradite them. Maybe Switzerland ? No way they stay in the US 

What he actually owns is very little, he's a licensing fiend.  Actual ownage is limited to 5 properties in NYC, hotels in Chicago and Vegas, and a ton of golf courses.  His only internationally owned property are the courses in the UK.  He don't own shit for a supposed real estate tycoon (shocking I know).

As for where he would go, the answer is obvious.  No extradition treaty, full adulation, and get to hang with his BFF:

150729-kelemen-nkorea-tease_sbrggg.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Don't the police and firefighters have broomball tournaments for charity? Get on that Jared, it fixes injustice. When you're finished, hand the broom to your father-in-law, I think he has something to tell you. (Oh and listen to the gobbledy-gook he spouts at the table. Says a lot of words for nothing.)

Jesus Christ. This creepy motherfucker is the second biggest charlatan I've ever seen. 

3 minutes ago, Woland said:

Putin isn’t going to get his sanctions lifted...time for the Russians to dump Trump.

Are you kidding? Putin is going to do whatever he can to get Trump reelected. He loves what Trump is doing to the U.S. and the rest of the free world. It's not just about getting sanctions lifted. 

• Like 2

Lol.  The jokes keep writing themselves.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-camp-runs-ads-on-dc-cable-to-ease-boss-anxieties-and-buck-up-congressional-republicans?via=twitter_page

With their boss growing increasingly agitated with the state of his re-election campaign and with the efforts of Republican critics to undermine it, President Donald Trump’s team hatched a plan. They’d run a series of hard-hitting ads and place them on networks that they knew the president and congressional Republicans would watch. 

And so, over the past month, the Trump campaign has spent slightly more than $400,000 on cable news ads in the Washington, D.C., area, buying time largely on Fox News but with some smaller buys on CNN and MSNBC as well, according to filings with the Federal Communications Commission. The ads began running in late May and are scheduled through June 23. It is, on a purely electoral level, a remarkably quixotic use of campaign cash. The purchases have no real shot of moving D.C., Maryland, or Virginia into the Trump column.

But that wasn’t the point. The Trump campaign said the ad buys were an attempt to reinvigorate and reassure the president’s supporters in the nation’s capital. “We want members of Congress and our DC-based surrogates to see the ads so they know our strong arguments for President Trump and against Joe Biden,” wrote Tim Murtaugh, the campaign’s communications director, in an email on Monday.

But two knowledgeable sources—one a Trump campaign adviser, the other an individual close to the president—said the D.C.-area ads had another purpose as well: to put the president himself at ease. 

Spoiler

In recent weeks, Trump has grown visibly distraught at his prospects for re-election, with recent polling showing his standing in the race declining dramatically in the wake of a sustained coronavirus outbreak and resulting recession, and as demonstrators flood major cities to protest the police killing of an unarmed black man in Minneapolis last month. Things have gotten so bad that after CNN came out with a survey on Monday showing Trump trailing Biden by 14 points, Trump’s campaign’s pollster crafted a memo—subsequently posted to the president’s Twitter account—accusing presidential pollsters of a deliberate effort to “counter the enthusiasm of Trump voters.”

With Trump stuck in that milieu of anxiety, his re-election team is hoping that the ads may put him at ease that his formidable political machine is hard at work defending him and attacking his enemies. Trump is a voracious consumer of cable news, and—the thinking goes—is likely to see the spots pop up between segments of his favorite shows.

These sources also said the campaign is hoping to counter-program recent ads by critics that have driven the president to public outbursts. The ads in question were the work of the Lincoln Project, a super PAC run by a group of dissident conservatives, and elicited furious reactions from the president’s Twitter feed. The Lincoln Project aired a recent, hard-hitting ad called “Mourning in America” on Fox News in the D.C. media market with the explicit goal of getting the president’s attention.

“[The] so-called Lincoln Project is a disgrace to Honest Abe,” the president wrote in a series of aggrieved late-night tweets posted early last month. “I don’t know what Kellyanne did to her deranged loser of a husband, Moonface, but it must have been really bad.”

That spate of angry Trump tweets came early in the morning on May 5. The “Mourning in America” ad ran for another week. According to FCC filings, the Trump campaign began airing its rejoinder on DC-area cable news programs on May 27. It was not immediately clear which ads the campaign was airing, but on the same day, the campaign unveiled a spotthat dubbed Trump “a bull in a China shop.” It also began buying airtimeon Friday for a new ad hying unemployment numbers released last week.

The Lincoln Project represents a limited constituency, given that President Trump has received exceedingly high approval numbers among Republicans in poll after poll. But the group and its D.C.-targeted messages have managed to get under the president’s skin. And according to George Conway, a Lincoln Project co-founder and the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, the group got the idea from the Trump campaign, and specifically from Brad Parscale, the former top Trump digital aide who now runs the president’s re-election effort.

“[H]is people had bought ads in the District of Columbia—which you don't do in a presidential election! There are no persuadable voters in the District of Columbia,” Conway said in a May interview with The Daily Beast podcast The New Abnormal, co-hosted by his fellow Lincoln Project founder Rick Wilson.

“That stuck in my mind,” Conway recalled. “I was thinking, ‘Well, why can’t you just run an ad on the cable provider for the White House, so that some certain individual would see it?’”

• Like 1

Buying ad time to appease the the fragile ego of a narcissist who spends his days watching cable news and talking shit on Twitter. I want the simulation where Dotard shovels shit for a living in Louisiana and never gets a better job than that.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Don't the police and firefighters have broomball tournaments for charity? Get on that Jared, it fixes injustice. When you're finished, hand the broom to your father-in-law, I think he has something to tell you. (Oh and listen to the gobbledy-gook he spouts at the table. Says a lot of words for nothing.)

I would confidently guess, and some fairly  successful people post here, that anyone around here would hire this guy to be any sort of voice or face for your company.

He’s not personable or relatable or humorous or attractive or particularly bright.  There is nothing there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Buying ad time to appease the the fragile ego of a narcissist who spends his days watching cable news and talking shit on Twitter. I want the simulation where Dotard shovels shit for a living in Louisiana and never gets a better job than that.

Buying ad time in DC to try and sway the President’s thought process was something John Oliver was doing a year ago.  Trump’s campaign stole John Oliver’s idea.  I wish Bloomberg or somebody would drop some money on the Lincoln Project just so they run their ads right after Trumps in the DC market just to mess with him.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Lol.  The jokes keep writing themselves.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-camp-runs-ads-on-dc-cable-to-ease-boss-anxieties-and-buck-up-congressional-republicans?via=twitter_page

Reveal hidden contents

In recent weeks, Trump has grown visibly distraught at his prospects for re-election, with recent polling showing his standing in the race declining dramatically in the wake of a sustained coronavirus outbreak and resulting recession, and as demonstrators flood major cities to protest the police killing of an unarmed black man in Minneapolis last month. Things have gotten so bad that after CNN came out with a survey on Monday showing Trump trailing Biden by 14 points, Trump’s campaign’s pollster crafted a memo—subsequently posted to the president’s Twitter account—accusing presidential pollsters of a deliberate effort to “counter the enthusiasm of Trump voters.”

With Trump stuck in that milieu of anxiety, his re-election team is hoping that the ads may put him at ease that his formidable political machine is hard at work defending him and attacking his enemies. Trump is a voracious consumer of cable news, and—the thinking goes—is likely to see the spots pop up between segments of his favorite shows.

These sources also said the campaign is hoping to counter-program recent ads by critics that have driven the president to public outbursts. The ads in question were the work of the Lincoln Project, a super PAC run by a group of dissident conservatives, and elicited furious reactions from the president’s Twitter feed. The Lincoln Project aired a recent, hard-hitting ad called “Mourning in America” on Fox News in the D.C. media market with the explicit goal of getting the president’s attention.

“[The] so-called Lincoln Project is a disgrace to Honest Abe,” the president wrote in a series of aggrieved late-night tweets posted early last month. “I don’t know what Kellyanne did to her deranged loser of a husband, Moonface, but it must have been really bad.”

That spate of angry Trump tweets came early in the morning on May 5. The “Mourning in America” ad ran for another week. According to FCC filings, the Trump campaign began airing its rejoinder on DC-area cable news programs on May 27. It was not immediately clear which ads the campaign was airing, but on the same day, the campaign unveiled a spotthat dubbed Trump “a bull in a China shop.” It also began buying airtimeon Friday for a new ad hying unemployment numbers released last week.

The Lincoln Project represents a limited constituency, given that President Trump has received exceedingly high approval numbers among Republicans in poll after poll. But the group and its D.C.-targeted messages have managed to get under the president’s skin. And according to George Conway, a Lincoln Project co-founder and the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, the group got the idea from the Trump campaign, and specifically from Brad Parscale, the former top Trump digital aide who now runs the president’s re-election effort.

“[H]is people had bought ads in the District of Columbia—which you don't do in a presidential election! There are no persuadable voters in the District of Columbia,” Conway said in a May interview with The Daily Beast podcast The New Abnormal, co-hosted by his fellow Lincoln Project founder Rick Wilson.

“That stuck in my mind,” Conway recalled. “I was thinking, ‘Well, why can’t you just run an ad on the cable provider for the White House, so that some certain individual would see it?’”

Hopefully one of Last Week Tonight's catheter cowboy spots runs up against one of dotard's. 

31 minutes ago, SameSame said:

I would confidently guess, and some fairly  successful people post here, that anyone around here would hire this guy to be any sort of voice or face for your company.

He’s not personable or relatable or humorous or attractive or particularly bright.  There is nothing there. 

Wat?

11 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Why is every picture of Kushner the cat swallowed the canary image.?

This guy is the real Antichrist.

25 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Wow.

I have no idea how cheeto still manages to surprise me as well with the shit he says and types. 

Edit - After rewatching in slow mo, the guy does appear to possibly be scanning the cop on the right. Of course it's more likely he isn't, and I very highly doubt the guy had tech that could somehow interfere with police comms. 

Also "fell harder than was pushed" is a statement my kindergartener nephew would know is regarded. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

35 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Why is every picture of Kushner the cat swallowed the canary image.?

This guy is the real Antichrist.

Does he remind anyone else of Brahms?

spacer.png

It's possible I'm the only one who saw The Boy. 

Edit: Nope, the internet beat me to it a while back. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

He's like a malfunctioning robot.

It's amazing that

a) an actual "news channel" in America "reported" that "there's a report" something could be the case, without citing anyone or anything, and

b) the POTUS excitedly relays this breaking hypothetical to millions of people

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Is this real?

Yep, it's real.

I don't follow the President on Twitter, but I do follow that account.  It scrapes what the President writes, and formats it into an "official" press release looking format, which that's what these are---the official words of the President.

To me, seeing the President's tweets in this fashion vs. his ramblings puts additional weight (no pun) onto them.