Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

32 minutes ago, TornACL said:

There is no fucking way in hell Trump issued that tweet, because he has no idea what the word provocateur means, and even if he did, he wouldn't be able to spell it. 

He hit pause on his dvr, saw the word on the screen, and typed it out.

Having said that, even if someone else did the tweet, there's no way in hell he would disavow it,  delete it, or admit someone else typed it out.  He's proud of his Twitter.

2 hours ago, Lurch said:

Looks like we’re due a reminder:

dabc5118952dce3ec20d19db87239828.jpg

Lol. Did he ever address how wrong this is as a statement of law? I mean I can pull up the federal jury instruction on circumstantial evidence in like 2 seconds.

• Like 1

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook-pm

ON CAPITOL HILL, the president’s party is beginning to rally around some overhaul of the laws governing police conduct. Top lawmakers like Sens. JOHN CORNYN of Texas, MITT ROMNEY of Utah and TIM SCOTT of South Carolina are busy working up a police reform plan. House Democrats are almost ready to pass their own sweeping package.

BUT IN THE WHITE HOUSE, the president is busy broadcasting a conspiracy theory that people find so alarmingly baseless and in poor taste that the party’s top lawmakers are treating it like it’s the physical manifestation of the coronavirus itself.

THE THEORY -- that a 75-year-old man shoved by police amid protests in Buffalo was a violent antifa foot soldier -- is so zany that Republican senators not only find no need to comment on it, but are refusing to physically view the tweet in public. Gone are the days when lawmakers twisted themselves in pretzels to defend the president. Now they just move on, as if he hardly exists at all. What actually happened … Trump’s tweet

BURGESS EVERETT -- our senior reporter who covers the Senate -- has the tweet printed out, and senators are treating it as if it’s a bar of radioactive substance, refusing to read it in the presence of other human beings, and certainly declining comment on it.

SEN. CORY GARDNER (R-Colo.) declined to look at the tweet because he was worried about getting to the Senate floor for an outdoors bill, BURGESS reports.

SEN. JOHN THUNE -- the No. 2 Senate Republican from South Dakota -- said, “Well, I mean it’s a, it’s a, it’s a serious accusation, which should only be made with facts and evidence. And I haven’t seen any yet.” (h/t to the Hill pool on this quote)

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 2

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/trumps-public-relations-army

The ultimate test of the military’s adherence to principle may come in November. A growing number of commentators suggest that the country should prepare for the possibility that Trump, if he loses, will refuse to leave the White House. Most of the former senior officers told me that the military would never try to influence or overturn an election, even one in which the result is uncertain. “If there’s a disputed election, it will be decided by the Supreme Court, and once that happens it’s over,” the second former officer said. “A hundred per cent of the machine will turn to the new legally elected President.”

But the former senior military official presented a scenario that he found particularly alarming: if the election is disputed, Trump could conceivably ask a friendly governor to deploy the National Guard to Washington, D.C., to support him. The official told me that the Guard, with separate leadership in each state, does not necessarily adhere to the same rigid standards as the regular U.S. military. “Some of the leaders are blatantly political,” he said. “The fear is that President Trump refuses to leave, and National Guard troops surround the White House.”

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I am as pessimist as anyone....but that won't happen, for several reasons.  First, maybe a loyal governor might send his national guard....but all of the troops would have to be full loyalists, too.  When they get an order from the actual commander in chief, and that order is repeated by US miitary brass, they will follow that order, and let US troops secure the White House.  Second, the Secret Service is in play.  The new president will be under the protection of the Secret Service.  On the afternoon of January 20th, when the new president approaches the Whtie House to enter his residence, and Donny gives ANY order that is deemed a threat to the new president, the Secret Service will arrest Donny and remove him from the premises, National Guard or not.

Do I think it's in Donny boy to TRY this shit?  100%.  But it will fail.  If he had any dignity, when that gambit fails, he would go down in the bunker and eat a bullet.  It was good enough for his spiritual predecessor, it's good enough for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

On the afternoon of January 20th, when the new president approaches the Whtie House to enter his residence, and Donny gives ANY order that is deemed a threat to the new president, the Secret Service will arrest Donny and remove him from the premises, National Guard or not.

Do I think it's in Donny boy to TRY this shit?  100%.  But it will fail.  If he had any dignity, when that gambit fails, he would go down in the bunker and eat a bullet.  It was good enough for his spiritual predecessor, it's good enough for him.

I'm trying to get an image in my tiny brain where Ivanka, Donald Jr. and Eric will be when this is happening. So many different scenarios.

On another note, I've discovered I like Bloody Mary's. Never had one until recently. That was pretty good. I think I'll bring a pitcher to the ledge.

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

The position of that man's arms, flexed and contracted inwards, combined with his crossed legs, is known as decorticate posturing. You see it with severe brain trauma (like you couldn't already tell that with the pool of blood from his ear..)

Sure that may be true but that position is also a well known antifa gang sign

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am as pessimist as anyone....but that won't happen, for several reasons.  First, maybe a loyal governor might send his national guard....but all of the troops would have to be full loyalists, too.  When they get an order from the actual commander in chief, and that order is repeated by US miitary brass, they will follow that order, and let US troops secure the White House.  Second, the Secret Service is in play.  The new president will be under the protection of the Secret Service.  On the afternoon of January 20th, when the new president approaches the Whtie House to enter his residence, and Donny gives ANY order that is deemed a threat to the new president, the Secret Service will arrest Donny and remove him from the premises, National Guard or not.

Yeah the whole notion that national guard troops would somehow protect the illegitimate trump presidency is hyperbolic fear mongering bullshit. 

He will lose then he will cave and then he will hide. It’s just what he does. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The more I think about this, the more I think we are all reading the situation wrong.

If November approaches and his polls still look like this, Trump will blame the media/antifa/Soros for an unfair election and then he will quit before election day.  He's not some strongman who wants a fight, he's a giant pussy who can't admit defeat.  You can't be defeated if you quit before the election, and that's what he will seize on.  We will get years of "I would have won in 2020, but I was being treated so unfairly.  I was really doing the American public a favor, letting them see how corrupt the system is.  I still might run again in the future if they clean it up, I'll think about it."  This is pretty much the only play that allows him to 100% save face with his cult.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The more I think about this, the more I think we are all reading the situation wrong.

If November approaches and his polls still look like this, Trump will blame the media/antifa/Soros for an unfair election and then he will quit.  He's not some strongman who wants a fight, he's a giant pussy who can't admit defeat.  You can't be defeated if you quit before the election, and that's what he will seize on.  We will get years of "I would have won in 2020, but I was being treated so unfairly.  I was really doing the American public a favor, letting them see how corrupt the system is.  I still might run again in the future if they clean it up, I'll think about it."  This is pretty much the only play that allows him to 100% save face with his cult.

He's not quitting. That's not how narcissists work. That's not how cults work. 

• Like 2

Accusing Joe Scarborough of murder actually seems sort of quaint by comparison now, doesn't it?

The list is so long and mind blowing

Today is even wilder given its been reported this stuff basically originates from Russian propaganda

35 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

That problem can be easily resolved, either with direct violence or just cutting off power, water, twitter, phones, and food deliveries to the white house, and letting DoTArD and his merry band of traitors sit in their own stink until they finally decide to give up.

I'm more worried about states not certifying their results when dOTarD loses the popular vote in that state and refusing to give the electoral votes to Biden. IOW, faithless electors on a statewide basis.

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

ANTIFA, WE GOT NEXT!

311815_full.jpg?1556167251

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Wilford Brimley was 49 years old when filming Cocoon. 

When 'Cocoon' reached theaters on June 21, 1985, Wilford Brimley was 18,530 days old (50 years, 9 months and 6 days).

You cross the Brimley/Cocoon Line today if you were born on Sep 15, 1969. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He's not quitting. That's not how narcissists work. That's not how cults work. 

He won't frame it as quitting.  He'll say there's a coup or the Deep State is threatening him or some shit that makes it sound like leaving is his only option.  And then he'll run to OAN and claim that THIS is actually the more important position, a place where he can REALLY tell the public what is going on.

But I hope you're right, the thought of him losing is something that gets me through the day.

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If November approaches and his polls still look like this, Trump will blame the media/antifa/Soros for an unfair election and then he will quit before election day.  He's not some strongman who wants a fight, he's a giant pussy who can't admit defeat.  You can't be defeated if you quit before the election, and that's what he will seize on.  We will get years of "I would have won in 2020, but I was being treated so unfairly.  I was really doing the American public a favor, letting them see how corrupt the system is.  I still might run again in the future if they clean it up, I'll think about it."  This is pretty much the only play that allows him to 100% save face with his cult.

I wish I had a scintilla of hope that you're right here. 

Trump couldn't give one rat fuck about saving face, optics, his legacy, etc. That much is crystal clear to me. He is motivated entirely by power, fame, money, adulation, pussy, probably some dick on the side, and putting other people down to take the edge off the fact that he knows - deep down - that he has no real talent aside from the conning of idiots. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah the whole notion that national guard troops would somehow protect the illegitimate trump presidency is hyperbolic fear mongering bullshit. 

I can totally see the Kentucky NG doing that. But more likely it would be these guys:

hqdefault.jpg

fifty-cal2000.jpg?w=990

Edited by High Plains Drifter
derpa derpa

25 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

"I'm just a simple caveman!  Your world confuses and frightens me.  A lot of this stuff just goes right over my head."

--- John Cornyn

It gives me such such peaceful sleep to know that Senator John Cornyn, master of the move known as "Whoosh," serves on three Senate Committees:

Select Committee on Intelligence

Committee on Finance

Committee on the Judiciary

I feel so safe knowing that our country is in such good leadership.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

And then he'll run to OAN and claim that THIS is actually the more important position, a place where he can REALLY tell the public what is going on.

Considering the apparent ties between Russia and OANN, that would enable an American owned (Herring Networks) media company to make Fox irrelevant and keep pushing the propaganda until it is no longer necessary. Lovely. If Hawley or one of the younger GOP crew begins using them for soundbites, be vigilant.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
spelling

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He won't frame it as quitting.  He'll say there's a coup or the Deep State is threatening him or some shit that makes it sound like leaving is his only option.  And then he'll run to OAN and claim that THIS is actually the more important position, a place where he can REALLY tell the public what is going on.

But I hope you're right, the thought of him losing is something that gets me through the day.

Wonder what happens to Qanon under any scenario in which he is no longer in office on Jan 2021?

"Senator, what do you think about Trump telling his supporters to arm themselves and to 'go get' BLM supporters?"

"Oh um you know I don't really um know anything about any of that....."

"Also, a reaction to Biden saying his favorite color is blue?"

"THAT FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!!"

25 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You’re suggesting he’ll move from deep, deep denial to a stage of acceptance? Is his brain even capable of that?

30 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I will be shocked if he goes from losing to caving without fomenting a constitutional crisis of some degree along the way. Do I really expect the military to be involved? No. Do I really expect DOJ shenanigans, a commission and the Supreme Court to be involved? Yeah. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He was trailing Hillary in the polls in 2016. He wasn't supposed to win and yet he did. He's not going to give up on the idea that it can happen again. If he does quit then he's running to a courtroom in the State of New York to face charges for buying the silence of his mistresses during the 2016 election.

40 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

"I'm just a simple caveman!  Your world confuses and frightens me.  A lot of this stuff just goes right over my head."

--- John Cornyn

The only people who are more of a gutless motherfucker than the GOP senate are those voters who won't hold Trump or the senate to account. 

Really, the most deranged part of that tweet was the bald assertion that Gugino "Was aiming scanner."  Not "seems to be aiming a device," but "Was aiming a scanner." What is a "scanner" Mr. President?  What do they do?  Can a "scanner" be disguised as a piece of paper?

He is such a fucking dumbshit.

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Did we just skip over this dumb-fuckery last night?

Seb Gorka is the real marine here!

Opinions Vary Road House GIF - OpinionsVary RoadHouse ...

I'm torn between not wanting to read this bullshit and the urge to sate my curiosity as to how someone who rose to command the entire marine corps is "not a marine."

Edit: I read it and it's even more vapid and cringe inducing than I could have imagined. What a shameless cunt. There are too many imbecilic statements to get into them, but I love how he admits he has no right to criticize Mattis, but continues to do it; absurdly makes staying silent in the face of the military being used unconstitutionally the morally courageous act and speaking up the cowardly one; and asks dumbshit rhetorical questions about why Mattis wrote that the homeland is not a battlespace for our military to dominate despite Mattis explaining the answer to that with perfect clarity. 

Fuck this fucking guy. 

Edited by Hookah Horns