Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

I would have to imagine this is how the rest of the world looks at things here. I can't imagine how mortified some of our closest allies have to be at seeing what he does on a daily basis.

No need to imagine.  We have good friends in several NATO nations and other allied nations.  Whenever we spent any material time with them -- dinner, drinks, etc. -- the topic came up.  And it generally came up with a tone of "WTF?"  They are appalled, embarrassed for us, etc.

Guest Lobo
11 minutes ago, yoladu said:

don't forget... they are all losers. Everyone is saying so.

A lot of people are saying these top brass didn't even serve in the military.  Many of them weren't even tremendous enough to get drafted.  I mean, I was drafted.  That's a real sign of honor and respect.  I mean, I couldn't be deployed because of my bone spurs.  But at least I was drafted.  Drafted is a huge honor. 

Lot of top notch physical specimens work their whole life to get drafted...tremendous people like Johnny Damon, Richie Incognito, and Dennis Rodman.  What do they have in common besides endorsing me?  They were all drafted into their respective branches of service.  McRaven, Powell, Mullen? What do they have in common?  Never drafted!  Not fantastic enough!  Had to go march over after years of amateur status and sign up to play.  Weak!  Commissioned?  Pfft.  I've given out a dozen commissions in my business career, just to paint nudes of my own children (you'd be surprised how tasteful the 'Eric Arrives in Valhalla' mural came out).  Commissions are just about money.  Drafts are just about talent and having tremendous upside.  

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No need to imagine.  We have good friends in several NATO nations and other allied nations.  Whenever we spent any material time with them -- dinner, drinks, etc. -- the topic came up.  And it generally came up with a tone of "WTF?"  They are appalled, embarrassed for us, etc.

I work at a restaurant in Times Square (Well when we could work) and it is about 90 percent foreign tourists. Anytime Dotard's name was mentioned by any of them it was just in the utter disbelief that we had elected this guy. It did not matter the country either. I had Russians that couldn't believe it. One told me in particular that we're all just people trying to enjoy life and it shouldn't matter where you are from. I made it a point, especially so when I had groups from Mexico or Latin America, to tell them that not all of us support him and most of us are still glad to see them come to the US to visit or stay permanently. It was just my small way of showing gratitude to them while our idiot president labels all the brown people as being awful human beings. 

I'd love to hear the conversations that Merkel, Macron, Trudeau and others have about Dotard in private. 

Edited by UpperWestside

14 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

spacer.png

Great. Pack them in there. Two to a seat. Get as many of these idiots together as possible in the same place. Hold two rallies a day. Go all out Dotard to get as many of your cult members in the same place and as close together as humanly possible. I would ask that masks also be banned from these rallies.

• Like 9

Just now, UpperWestside said:

Great. Pack them in there. Two to a seat. Get as many of these idiots together as possible in the same place. Hold two rallies a day. Go all out Dotard to get as many of your cult members in the same place and as close together as humanly possible. I would ask that masks also be banned from these rallies.

In addition, once he starts basking in the Hate-glow of the Deplorables, you know he’ll start upping his racist and divisive rhetoric.  
The rallies will make his Covid pressers look sane and thoughtful.

• Like 1

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

In addition, once he starts basking in the Hate-glow of the Deplorables, you know he’ll start upping his racist and divisive rhetoric.  
The rallies will make his Covid pressers look sane and thoughtful.

He's absolutely going to tell people that the virus is a hoax and they don't need to wear masks or social distance.  Once he gets caught up in his stream of consciousness rants, he forgets everything that the rest of the admin has agreed on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

there's a lot to like here, but my personal favorite is that the entire premise of the "flawed" polls is based around the timing being too early, and didn't include the "great economic news from last friday", which was based itself, on flawed reasoning and faulty numbers.

10 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Turn the A/C on recirculate, high.  

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

there's a lot to like here, but my personal favorite is that the entire premise of the "flawed" polls is based around the timing being too early, and didn't include the "great economic news from last friday", which was based itself, on flawed reasoning and faulty numbers.

I saw #TrumpRecession is trending on twitter and is being pushed by The Lincoln Project. Those bad boys, shame on them.

With respect to the rallies, no need to ban the masks, mask shaming seems to be a thing among the MAGA crowd. Maybe parscales theory is to get em all sick now so they can go vote in November and if they die before that just use them as a Florida mail in vote. That's how they roll, you know.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I saw #TrumpRecession is trending on twitter and is being pushed by The Lincoln Project. Those bad boys, shame on them.

With respect to the rallies, no need to ban the masks, mask shaming seems to be a thing among the MAGA crowd. Maybe parscales theory is to get em all sick now so they can go vote in November and if they die before that just use them as a Florida mail in vote. That's how they roll, you know.

dead people have been voting republican for centuries.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

“Deep state Rinos who got us in the Iraq War” - Deplorables

“Rot in hell Dixie Chicks!” - also Deplorables and actual quote from fan behind me at UT game when their concert was promoted

I was not a Dixie Chicks fan, but I got bamboozled into going to that show.  It was pretty fucking great.

8 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I was not a Dixie Chicks fan, but I got bamboozled into going to that show.  It was pretty fucking great.

I saw them in the mid 90s at some rot gut north texas dive.  Maneuvered my way to the front and when Martie started sweating, I think I fell in love.

• Like 1

Barr is also intimating that force may be necessary for LAW & ORDER. Setting the stage for the future. It will happen. I think he's testing the reaction and the waters.

"Things were bad"

What things?

"Oh, you know...things. You know exactly what I'm talking about."

No, can you explain? The protests have been peaceful.

"That's a nasty question."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Even in Malaysia, where the former Prime Minister is currently awaiting trial for stealing a billion dollars from their social security fund and using it to buy all kinds of shit, including a Picasso for Leonardo DiCaprio for him acting in The Wolf of Wall Street, even there, when I go visit the in-laws they are all giving me the WTF treatment when this comes up.  And it comes up on day 1 and every day we're there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Has anyone on here had such a busy day at your job or had a fun filled day with family that you just didn't have one moment to post on a here or another social media platform?

In 3 1/2 years, the President of the United States has never had a day like that.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 9

18 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump gonna attack Barr on Twitter?

Nah, thats an easy fix. The Secret Service "recommended" he go to the bunker. He didn't go for that reason though. He just needed to check the fuse box and change some light bulbs to make sure the bunker is okay for future use. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Midnight thoughts from our president. 

19 hours ago, Captainant said:

Trump definitely didn't write the second tweet. I really doubt he would have used the word "intimating" lol

Not near enough random Capitalizations on either tweet, too.

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Matthew T. Hall 🏡😷✊ on Twitter: "This snapshot of a @loudobbs ...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Has anyone on here had such a busy day at your job or had a fun filled day with family that you just didn't have one moment to post on a here or another social media platform?

In 3 1/2 years, the President of the United States has never had a day like that.

Or gone on a vacation where you said "holy shit, I don't have to answer my phone or look at my email for 10 freakin' days!"  

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nah, thats an easy fix. The Secret Service "recommended" he go to the bunker. He didn't go for that reason though. He just needed to check the fuse box and change some light bulbs to make sure the bunker is okay for future use. 

oh, i just went in there to get directions on how to get away from there.

abe simpson GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Upon arriving in the bunker, Trump was reportedly appalled by the lack of gold lame.

• Like 2

Don't the police and firefighters have broomball tournaments for charity? Get on that Jared, it fixes injustice. When you're finished, hand the broom to your father-in-law, I think he has something to tell you. (Oh and listen to the gobbledy-gook he spouts at the table. Says a lot of words for nothing.)

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

And HERE WE GO:

the ugly, decidedly un-Christian part of me thinks this is an EXCELLENT idea and there should be NO silly safety precautions. i hope they all embrace the fuck out of these gatherings and pack 'em in. YAY!

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

LOL, I'd love to see where Trump would look if you asked him to check a fusebox.  He'd probably search his own asshole, then yell at Kush to find it, and finally give up and tell the world he found it and it's fine, while holding the bible upside down.  That's a more likely scenario than him actually finding the fusebox...we won't discuss his ability to figure out wtf is going on if he did find it. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Of course he would also tell you how big and beautiful the box was, like Ivanka’s they say...
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

the ugly, decidedly un-Christian part of me thinks this is an EXCELLENT idea and there should be NO silly safety precautions. i hope they all embrace the fuck out of these gatherings and pack 'em in. YAY!

We were talking about the rallies at dinner. My poor husband. Long day at work and I bring up a topic worthy of indigestion. But we have always talked about current events around the table. Anyway, when we were finished discussing the rhetoric, etc of his rallies I mentioned the bit I saw here on Surly about Trump stiffing Minneapolis on the money he owes for his rally. The one where the police officer was there. My spouse believes the various cities ought to ring each other up and coordinate a little campaign to blast the copies of the unpaid bills nationwide. Just day after day of how much various taxpayers have been stiffed.

It won't work," I said. "Most of his supporters are just fine with those 'Dim libtard cities' being stuck with a bill."

"Doesn't matter", he said. "Just keep blasting it over and over again. He never pays his bills, he never pays his bills. Not all the people in those cities are Democrats and other cities may think twice about incurring those fees. He's an awful businessman, and he stiffs everybody, so after awhile, the description sticks."

"He'll just say it's their fault or enact some retribution that ends up making their residents suffer," was my response.

So, what do you believe the mayors/leaders of those cities should do?

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It won't work," I said. "Most of his supporters are just fine with those 'Dim libtard cities' being stuck with a bill."

This is probably part of the reason behind the psycho cops at the protests. How many of them are Trump fellaters? To them it's "dim libtard rioters all need to be put down"

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Don't the police and firefighters have broomball tournaments for charity? Get on that Jared, it fixes injustice. When you're finished, hand the broom to your father-in-law, I think he has something to tell you. (Oh and listen to the gobbledy-gook he spouts at the table. Says a lot of words for nothing.)

Jared....jack of all trades....master of none!

• Like 1

We were talking about the rallies at dinner. My poor husband. Long day at work and I bring up a topic worthy of indigestion. But we have always talked about current events around the table. Anyway, when we were finished discussing the rhetoric, etc of his rallies I mentioned the bit I saw here on Surly about Trump stiffing Minneapolis on the money he owes for his rally. The one where the police officer was there. My spouse believes the various cities ought to ring each other up and coordinate a little campaign to blast the copies of the unpaid bills nationwide. Just day after day of how much various taxpayers have been stiffed.
"Doesn't matter", he said. "Just keep blasting it over and over again. He never pays his bills, he never pays his bills. Not all the people in those cities are Democrats and other cities may think twice about incurring those fees. He's an awful businessman, and he stiffs everybody, so after awhile, the description sticks."
"He'll just say it's their fault or enact some retribution that ends up making their residents suffer," was my response.
So, what do you believe the mayors/leaders of those cities should do?

If Mark Cuban incessantly talked about this subject and clowned Trump, it would work.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Donnie working hard to get Jared out of the way so he can have Ivanka all to himself.

I’d be very very curious what properties they own out of country. My guess is they head to Isreal by the end of the year. Isreal won’t let the US extradite them. Maybe Switzerland ? No way they stay in the US 

Edited by tx 3 putt