Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Press eels to be getting a bit more of a backbone and tired of her shit, and she seems more and more desperate to escape the press conferences.

cant recall Obama’s or Bush’s press people fleeing like that so often.

Agreed.  The press were being deferential to each other, and SHS doesn't like it one bit.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 9:10 PM, bad_teammate said:

28a07225b6234f5fa711f7065aa786ec.jpg

in an era in which political satire has become so critical (and relatively easy), it is amazing how fucking retarded so much of what gets reposted here is...this is not clever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

When this all comes down, she should be an accomplice right?

Co-conspirator on the obstruction of justice charge.  She keeps saying, and did again today, and in her role as the president's spokesperson, that the investigation should be closed, that it's a witch hunt and a hoax.    She's speaking with the authority of the White House when she makes those statements.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday President Donald Trump's tweets are indeed official statements.

"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States," Spicer said, when asked during his daily briefing how they should be characterized. 

This was Spicer's statement when asked about tweets. Now she says it's just his opinion. I believe this falls into the category of you can't have it both ways. 

I'm usually not one to criticize somebody's appearance but since she is one of the most evil and deceitful cunts in our nations history, i'll make an exception. She is a fat, ugly bitch. If I had to look at my disgusting self in the mirror everyday like she does, perhaps I'd be such a miserable human as well.   

she also willingly conflates punditry as the "press." because some jackhole pundit on cnn says sarah should be ashamed (and she fucking should) of her role does not mean that jim acosta reporting from a rally in pensacola deserved the treatment he received there. 

this is because trump IS driving a narrative that the press is the enemy. all the press, except @foxandfriends, or fox as a whole. think back about how obama sparred with foxnews. i did not like it at the time, because i think it's unseemly to besmirch our free press, but it is nothing compared to what is happening now. trump has SUCCESSFULLY delegitimized actual reporting as fake to 35% of the country. any criticism of him is fake. someone calling SHS a fucking lying bitch (and she fucking is) is fake. and now we have displays like we had in florida where a mob is essentially shouting down a reporter for trying to do his job. that kind of mentality is brushing right up against actual mobilization and violence. it would not have taken much for that mob to start throwing debris. mobs have minds of their own, and they are often after some kind of retribution.

and this administration refuses to try and dampen that, instead choosing to double down on that incendiary rhetoric, in effect, pouring gasoline. it's fucking shameful, and is honestly the first step to actual despotism.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 1

she also willingly conflates punditry as the "press." because some jackhole pundit on cnn says sarah should be ashamed (and she fucking should) of her role does not mean that jim acosta reporting from a rally in pensacola deserved the treatment he received there. 
this is because trump IS driving a narrative that the press is the enemy. all the press, except @foxandfriends, or fox as a whole. think back about how obama sparred with foxnews. i did not like it at the time, because i think it's unseemly to besmirch our free press, but it is nothing compared to what is happening now. trump has SUCCESSFULLY delegitimized actual reporting as fake to 35% of the country. any criticism of him is fake. someone calling SHS a fucking lying bitch (and she fucking is) is fake. and now we have displays like we had in florida where a mob is essentially shouting down a reporter for trying to do his job. that kind of mentality is brushing right up against actual mobilization and violence. it would not have taken much for that mob to start throwing debris. mobs have minds of their own, and they are often after some kind of retribution.
and this administration refuses to try and dampen that, instead choosing to double down on that incendiary rhetoric, in effect, pouring gasoline. it's fucking shameful, and is honestly the first step to actual despotism.

Good.

Go there. Quit with the pussyfooting, and be what you are, you tyrannical authoritarian fuckbuckets. It will make it clearer when the day comes to make things right.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not a damn thing. 

And THAT is the worst part about all this shit.  It'll be on every major network and people will still refuse to believe it, simply because of who's reporting it.

I'd just like to say CNN cable news does suck but not for the reasons Trump is making.

CNN puts on Trump people and they spout their blatant lies and they knowingly do it because "both sides".

Yeah, CNN calls them out on the lies most of the time but they should have never been given air time in the first place. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

41 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I'd just like to say CNN cable news does suck but not for the reasons Trump is making.

CNN puts on Trump people and they spout their blatant lies and they knowingly do it because "both sides".

Yeah, CNN calls them out on the lies most of the time but they should have never been given air time in the first place. 

Thankfully, they seem to have backed off of that practice a bit. Don't see Jack Kingston on there much anymore.

And THAT is the worst part about all this shit.  It'll be on every major network and people will still refuse to believe it, simply because of who's reporting it.

And that’s the point. Trump straight up told a reporter, “I call y’all the enemy of the people so that people won’t believe what you say”.

5 minutes ago, Jograves said:

I always wonder what notes she's looking at. Even when she's asked a somewhat personal question, she can't make eye contact for very long. 

If she has a prepared answer, she reads it. If she's stumped, she just says, "we've been very clear about that from day one, blah blah blah."

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This.  Also, hours of pundits debating the same thing isn't news--it's a sideshow.  

• Like 1

This is a fair point, however I would like to make clear that Brooke Baldwin can get it.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 2

That fucking Jason guy needs to fucking DIAF.  Holy shit.

When the real shit happens, I'm not too concerned about people not believing. Even fox will have wall to wall "holy shit it's true" coverage. 

I have no data to support this, but lots of people have tuned this stuff out, especially the people who support him. Yes there will still be a sizeable cult following, but half his 35% will be shocked.