Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

16 minutes ago, Loco said:

Was it?   

Fuck these guys and anyone even remotely like them.  

Hate groups seem to be  filled with fuckers everyone else hates...LOLz, but not LOlz.

Edited by Iceman

At least Dade is not fucking around anymore.  

Boat ramps in Broward are about to be a shit show.  Well even more of shit show.

I posted yesterday that it was nice and a lot of boats out on the ICW.  Which should be absolutely fine for Social Distancing.  (not like the raft ups at the Sandbar) I bet there are more than a few folks that were planning on getting some time off shore that are screwed. 

Edited by Loco

12 minutes ago, Loco said:

At least Dade is not fucking around anymore.  

Boat ramps in Broward are about to be a shit show.  Well even more of shit show.

I posted yesterday that it was nice and a lot of boats out on the ICW.  Which should be absolutely fine for Social Distancing.  I bet there are more than a few folks that were planning on getting some time off shore that are screwed. 

Unsurprisingly, complete idiots ruin it for everyone else.

One interesting side note from the testing thus far that should open people'e eyes (should but it won't) is how fucking sick everything else that is running around out there makes us.

Given the the numbers let's just say ~12-13% of people have tested positive.  And we also know that generally speaking in many locales a person has had to or still has to clear a pretty high bar in terms of exposure, symptoms (significant fever, blah blah blah) . Yet close to 90% of people who present with that criteria have something else.  Hell back that down to 70% and it's still eye opening to see the effect of cold and flu season.  

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I am gonna suck my own dick here, but I have called it the whole way through:

5 million dead in the US before it's done.

90% over 60.

Bet me.

Sorry, man.  I really don't want to bet on the death count.  It's just not right.

Rumor mill says TN is going to go into a mandatory shut down tonight at midnight. We’ll see if it happens as the governor said yesterday there would be no mandatory closures. Everything would have been so much simpler if we would have just gone into a federally mandated lockdown a week ago. We would be half way through with an end in sight. Instead this shit just drags on and on with no end game.

Just now, Brew said:

Rumor mill says TN is going to go into a mandatory shut down tonight at midnight. We’ll see if it happens as the governor said yesterday there would be no mandatory closures. Everything would have been so much simpler if we would have just gone into a federally mandated lockdown a week ago. We would be half way through with an end in sight. Instead this shit just drags on and on with no end game.

We need a national shelter in place policy starting today.  Every day delayed carries exponentially worse outcomes.  If we had started it a week ago, the next 1-2 months would appear placid by comparison.

9 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

We need a national shelter in place policy starting today.  Every day delayed carries exponentially worse outcomes.  If we had started it a week ago, the next 1-2 months would appear placid by comparison.

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

“Quit overreacting!!! Omagherrddd!!!!”

- Surly 

Can you guys do the rest of us a favor and be clear about you mean when you demand a federal lockdown? I’m trying to understand what further steps you demand beyond every school, restaurant, bar, sports arena, mall and the like all being shut down, while 90+% of the population is unwilling or unable to congregate with more than immediate family members,  will meet your standards. You keep repeating this shit every fucking day, so walk it out for us. What else needs to happen?

Also, preemptive caveat, if you’re begging for a full scale calling up of the military, national guard, and state and local police services to swing into high gear on martial law, then just fuck your own faces and ignore the request for an explanation to your regular shrieking. One of you committed fraud to get an early prescription for a possible COVID treatment after self-diagnosing in rural Oregon and one of you has been hiding under a bed for over a month already. I’m interested in what the next steps are that you require. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Wife just got done with a video chat with her friend in the Netherlands, whose husband is a pharmacist in one of their regional hospitals. She's understandably freaking out because he's working overtime in a facility that usually doesn't handle anything serious enough to require long term care, but now they have six floors reserved exclusively for Covid-19, and they have been told to expect that anyone going into ICU is not coming out alive in less than a month.

Even factoring in the hysterics of a worried Dutch housewife, still sounds pretty damned grim.

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Wife just got done with a video chat with her friend in the Netherlands, whose husband is a pharmacist in one of their regional hospitals. She's understandably freaking out because he's working overtime in a facility that usually doesn't handle anything serious enough to require long term care, but now they have six floors reserved exclusively for Covid-19, and they have been told to expect that anyone going into ICU is not coming out alive in less than a month.

Even factoring in the hysterics of a worried Dutch housewife, still sounds pretty damned grim.

Meh.... the Dutch.... like you can believe ANYTHING they say....

• Like 1

Can you guys do the rest of us a favor and be clear about you mean when you demand a federal lockdown? I’m trying to understand what further steps you demand beyond every school, restaurant, bar, sports arena, mall and the like all being shut down, while 90+% of the population is unwilling or unable to congregate with more than immediate family members,  will meet your standards. You keep repeating this shit every fucking day, so walk it out for us. What else needs to happen?

Also, preemptive caveat, if you’re begging for a full scale calling up of the military, national guard, and state and local police services to swing into high gear on martial law, then just fuck your own faces and ignore the request for an explanation to your regular shrieking. One of you committed fraud to get an early prescription for a possible COVID treatment after self-diagnosing in rural Oregon and one of you has been hiding under a bed for over a month already. I’m interested in what the next steps are that you require. 

On our drive yesterday, hobby lobby and Best Buy had cars in parking lot. This morning I see BB Is closing only pick up and delivery available

Maybe just convenience, grocery, Home repair and pharmacy open for a couple weeks

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

While I agree with the sentiment you really had to ask them???

• Like 2

CTJ - Cut social contacts by 80%.  Stay at home and reserve going out to getting food/groceries, fuel, pharmacy.  It doesn't have to require military action.  But it all starts from the top with effective communication and a coordinated plan.  Not every man for himself.

and dude, lay off with the other bs.  I acted weeks ago before chq was an actual conversation, and pursued it with a legitimate rx from my doc driven by deep concern and being informed.  Remind me what your attitude was here the first half of March?  Should I go dumpster dive to remind you?  gtfo.  My elderly parents received it from an online pharmacy in Mexico - without a prescription - because I gave them information a month ago.  The only regret I have is posting about it here.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

We need to be on a two week lock down, today. Wuhan / Italy style 

Two weeks does very little. Needs to either be a scorched earth 4-5 week mandatory lockdown or nothing at all. 

A two week lockdown does not “flatten the curve” enough to make much of a difference for hospitals. Especially considering ventilator/recovery/incubation time. What a two week quarantine does do is prolong this whole ordeal even longer

We fucked this up so bad, im almost in favor of going full UK and herd immunity-ing this bitch. Its almost to that point anyway, especially considering we havent even fully locked down 1/3 of the population yet. 

If we are going to lock down, fucking make it 4 weeks for starters, and end this motherfucker pronto. We are in no-mans land at this point

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

On our drive yesterday, hobby lobby and Best Buy had cars in parking lot. This morning I see BB Is closing only pick up and delivery available

Maybe just convenience, grocery, Home repair and pharmacy open for a couple weeks

And liquor stores plus dispensaries for those slackers.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Holy ya what some horrible luck for those that have been planning to sell all winter... good luck

Actually may be a bit of a blessing in disguise. I'm still waiting for some subs to do some work shut down by the coronavirus, so this may buy some time or get me to expand my skill set (masonry pointing/mortar matching, and bullnose brick step replacement).

I've got lots of real estate contacts, they say this hasn't hurt them yet, but if mandatory quarantines get rolled out it will stop sales pretty much dead in their tracks.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Actually may be a bit of a blessing in disguise. I'm still waiting for some subs to do some work shut down by the coronavirus, so this may buy some time or get me to expand my skill set (masonry pointing/mortar matching, and bullnose brick step replacement).

I've got lots of real estate contacts, they say this hasn't hurt them yet, but if mandatory quarantines get rolled out it will stop sales pretty much dead in their tracks.

Interest rates are gonnna help..  But I don't envy  the cleanup/sanitation after an open house.  

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

CTJ - Cut social contacts by 80%.  Stay at home and reserve going out to getting food/groceries, fuel, pharmacy.  It doesn't have to require military action.  But it all starts from the top with effective communication and a coordinated plan.  Not every man for himself.

Yes!

When the Dr (Fauci) says that it will look like you are over-reacting and that is how you know you are doing it correctly (to flatten the curve) then that is what it means in the present. As he said in the presser (No CR), we are weeks away from knowing if this was successful. He doesn't have a crystal ball, but he is the smartest man in the room and I am following his suggestions. He has had to walk a tightrope for no less than six presidents (again no CR) and that isn't easy. If a portion of the population refuses to listen to the doctor and puts everyone at risk, then it's going to get difficult.

11 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I acted weeks ago before chq was an actual conversation, and pursued it with a legitimate rx from my doc

Is this like all those legitimate opioid prescriptions doctors handed out for years? Doesn’t your unnecessary prescription mean someone who may need it, doesn’t get it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goofyboy said:

I had to go to Lowe’s today. My damn gas cooktop died last night. I have to wait 15 days to get the new one delivered. Surprisingly they still offered install. I passed.

I'm pleading with my house to have no issues for the rest of the year.  We already need to rip out the faux wood and underneath linoleum in the front of our house sooner than later.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away