Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

Lulz. Because traveling is fun when done right. I frikin hate FaceTime. 

No shit. Earlier in my career working in the Asia Pacific region for my company I usually looked forward to the three day piss ups technical conferences in places like Bangkok, Jakarta, Singapore, etc.

2 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

Why does every media outlet keep pushing "actually flu is the real danger" stories? Guess what, new virus with unknown R0 and unknown CFR is scary as shit.

Seems so bizarre the aren't pimping Covid big time. Seems like only NYTimes has steady coverage.

Chlamydia is the real danger.  

30 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

Why does every media outlet keep pushing "actually flu is the real danger" stories? Guess what, new virus with unknown R0 and unknown CFR is scary as shit.

Seems so bizarre the aren't pimping Covid big time. Seems like only NYTimes has steady coverage.

Someone post the “the flu is the real problem” every couple of pages. The media and these posters post it for the same reason. To try and calm down the hysteria. Sometimes it’s beneficial, sometimes it’s ignorant 

5 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

My BIL and his wife are going on a cruise in March. He texted my wife and was excited because they prices were so cheap. I asked my wife if he knew about the virus. He did not. I guess he is one of those low information voters we hear about. 

Is this his family tree. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CleverNickname said:

Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a tendency for people to believe that things will always function the way they have normally have functioned and therefore underestimate both the likelihood of a disaster and its possible effects. This may result in situations where people fail to adequately prepare themselves for disasters, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. About 70% of people reportedly display normalcy bias during a disaster.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalcy_bias

https://mobile.twitter.com/livecrisisnews/status/1230997372735545344

544 members of South Korea's Shinchonji Daegu church have virus symptoms.
200.gif

That Twitter account looks sketchy as fuck.

No verification, refers to “mainstream media” bullshittery, and links to ZeroHedge as a legitimate news source.

This is like the third or fourth time you’ve posted this kind of stuff.

Your Twitter feed must be a cauldron of crap.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

That Twitter account looks sketchy as fuck.

No verification, refers to “mainstream media” bullshittery, and links to ZeroHedge as a legitimate news source.

This is like the third or fourth time you’ve posted this kind of stuff.

Your Twitter feed must be a cauldron of crap.

Dibs on Cauldron of Crap as a band name.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

China numbers do not seem believable. 

Add a 0 to the cases.

They are building 19 new hospitals in Hubei.  Things ain't going well there, at all.  And I think a whole lot of people felt like things were turning a corner, that even if China went into the shitter, it didn't seem to be spreading internationally.

About the olympics.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/22/tokyo-postpones-training-for-olympics-volunteers-over-virus-fears.html

Organizers for the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics have postponed training for volunteers because of the spread of the coronavirus in Japan.

Training was scheduled to be held starting Saturday but will be rescheduled, the organizing committee said in a statement released late Friday.

The postponement of training will not affect other preparations, and organizers are not considering cancelling the games, the statement said.

Japan is facing growing questions about whether it is doing enough to stop the coronavirus, which emerged in central China late last year and has spread to 24 other countries.

For those wanting to track by country, this is usually a day or so behind (depending on when you view it), as they are serious about sourcing and all, but it's good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_coronavirus_outbreak_by_country_and_territory

And of course, this has even more data and timeline info.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

The Dutch have been doing a solid job of tracking this stuff.

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

For those wanting to track by country, this is usually a day or so behind (depending on when you view it), as they are serious about sourcing and all, but it's good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_coronavirus_outbreak_by_country_and_territory

And of course, this has even more data and timeline info.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

The Dutch have been doing a solid job of tracking this stuff.

Fuck the Dutch

2 hours ago, Bruno Sardine said:

Have you ever taken a few minutes and watched people who frequent gas stations in the US?  I don't hold out much hope.

I 100% fucked up the multi quote formatting, but I was attempting to respond to Clever’s question about why people keep down playing things. It’s be used every few posts is some hyperbole “if half this is real?!?!!!” Or looks at these bodies (that end up being a hoax) post about the world ending.  There’s a lot of tongue in cheek, and there are some that call it out like Parliment, but some of you dum motherfuckers need to take you goddamn tin foil hats off. And I’m not even going to try to correct this post or the grammer or the formatting. It’s fucked. 

2 hours ago, Bruno Sardine said:

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Someone post the “the flu is the real problem” every couple of pages. The media and these posters post it for the same reason. To try and calm down the hysteria. Sometimes it’s beneficial, sometimes it’s ignorant 

6 hours ago, Parliament said:

Society is breaking down.  

Instead Volok, a 26-year-old Chinese-language student, and her fellow evacuees found their buses being pelted with projectiles by protesters on Thursday as they approached the sanatorium where they have started a mandatory two-week quarantine.

“We heard the window smash and everyone fell down into the aisle,” she told

6 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

First Italian. So is this thing killing people quicker? 

On 1/23/2020 at 10:15 PM, BLKNSTY said:

if anything on here is accurate, we’re fucked.

https://m.imgur.com/a/m91RAOz

On 1/24/2020 at 7:18 AM, InkaUtexas said:

agree, but if half the videos surfacing today are real it is worse than the Government is letting the world know. 

On 1/24/2020 at 5:52 PM, CleverNickname said:

latest uncorroborated rumor is a vid of a nurse saying 90,000 infected in Hubei. 

On 1/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Somnio said:

Probably bullshit, but I just read someone now predicting Coronavirus will infect 20% of the world's population, and approximately 10% of those infected will die.

Again probably just fear mongering, but that would be 150 million deaths worldwide.

I'm not sure where that ranks on the horrid factor of pandemics, but it seems pretty fucking bad if it turns out to be correct.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:17 PM, Colonel Sanders said:

Maybe their planking?  

Seriously, this looks like a regular block.  One block and maybe 20+ bodies.  I don't know what proof needs to be out there that the numbers are much, much higher.  But tomorrow,  the Chinese government will post their official results,  and media outlets will claim we're winning.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, woohorn said:

Seems pretty gounded in science tho...

3 hours ago, CleverNickname said:
3 hours ago, CleverNickname said:

Hey guys, there's a discount cruise in your future!

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/diamond-princess-sanitation-return-to-service/index.html

Some passengers and crew are still aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship following its 14-day coronavirus quarantine in Japan, but the ship has not seen its last days at sea.

On April 29, following what Carnival Corp. (Princess Cruises' parent company) says will be a full sanitation process, the 116,000-ton vessel will resume service.

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-02-21/costa-mesa-coronavirus-fairview-developmental-center

Here's a link to a LA Times article on it.  According to the article it seemed they wanted to quarantine all the US cases there which would be 35 including the recent Diamond Princess evacuees.   I'm not sure how they got to 70 in the CBS report, but that would be disconcerting. 

Hey guys, there's a discount cruise in your future!
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/diamond-princess-sanitation-return-to-service/index.html
Some passengers and crew are still aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship following its 14-day coronavirus quarantine in Japan, but the ship has not seen its last days at sea.
On April 29, following what Carnival Corp. (Princess Cruises' parent company) says will be a full sanitation process, the 116,000-ton vessel will resume service.

A great way to get away with murder? Have someone reach out to them saying they won a free cruise and buy them tickets.

I was talking to a coworker and his wife last night and they just casually mentioned that in two weeks they are heading  to the Philippines for a two week vacation to visit her family. No plans to cancel. WTF? When I asked what they would do if they got stuck in a town under quarantine, he replied that he didn't think the Philippines was an area to worry about. WTF? That plan fails my risk/reward analysis on just about every front, but hey, what's the worst that can happen?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I was talking to a coworker and his wife last night and they just casually mentioned that in two weeks they are heading  to the Philippines for a two week vacation to visit her family. No plans to cancel. WTF? When I asked what they would do if they got stuck in a town under quarantine, he replied that he didn't think the Philippines was an area to worry about. WTF? That plan fails my risk/reward analysis on just about every front, but hey, what's the worst that can happen?

People are fucking stupid.  “But the virus is in China!” 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away