Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Cut off all airline travel to and from iran, worldwide. No one can come back for the next month, if there... no one can go to iran. Close all borders. Mandate in home quarantine for 10-14 days effective immediately

lol, none of that will happen. Middle east is fucked for the next 2-3 months. Said it before, but still guessing the US is on track for a late april/early may spread/chaos

Edited by GreenspointTexas

32 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Cut off all airline travel to and from iran, worldwide. No one can come back for the next month, if there... no one can go to iran. Close all borders. Mandate in home quarantine for 10-14 days effective immediately

lol, none of that will happen. Middle east is fucked for the next 2-3 months. Said it before, but still guessing the US is on track for a late april/early may spread/chaos

But, but, but the president said warm weather will take care of it.  By May it's 90+ in Texas.

2 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

But, but, but the president said warm weather will take care of it.  By May it's 90+ in Texas.

This may be true, but it is unknown at this point. Qom is pretty cold right now. Seoul is cold as well. Singapore is in the high 80s - low 90s.

3 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

I’ve been reading this thread too much apparently. I had to go to a dinner party last weekend with my some of my wive’s friends and I brought up my concern of a pandemic. It was like those older movies where the record skips and they just blankly stare at you. On the bright side, maybe I won’t be invited back. 

Welcome to the club!

spacer.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

This may be true, but it is unknown at this point. Qom is pretty cold right now. Seoul is cold as well. Singapore is in the high 80s - low 90s.

73 at midnight in Dubai. Lets see if it starts spreading there. Though the emirates can be draconian and lock that place down pretty quick. Of course then tourism goes to hell and they are in real trouble. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

yep. People should take more advantage of virtual visits, whether it's phone only or video chat. For many conditions, doctors don't need to see you in-person, and it's relatively new in Texas that docs can prescribe basic meds for a new patients that they see virtually. (Previously you had to be a patient of that doc.)  Not to mention that there are so many competing services, you can probably see an MD for $25-50 in a matter of minutes.  Much better than urgent or emergency care for many ailments.

I gather US hospitals are most worried about the huge influx of people in the ER, when they will be little that can be done for them with coronavirus. I think most patients will basically have the flu which will go away with basic over the counter treatments. 

Hopefully the CDC will be able to give good guidance on when someone really does need to hit up the emergency room.

Yep, experienced it recently, when we were out of town - used the video chat, was fairly quick, got a prescription and they sent it to the nearest pharmacy to our hotel, and had it within an hour.   Was awesome.

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Kind of cool being alive for the end of the world as we know it. When things seem their darkest just picture me sitting naked on a bucket of lube eating cans of ranch style beans. I hope it brings a smile to your face during your last painful moments on this planet.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

73 at midnight in Dubai. Lets see if it starts spreading there. Though the emirates can be draconian and lock that place down pretty quick. Of course then tourism goes to hell and they are in real trouble. 

Yeah they'll only have their oil and piles of money to keep them warm at night

5 hours ago, Wayne_hogdong.com said:

Back when I was in Korea they ate dogs, sure. But they weren't pet dogs, they were Bred for meat like chickens. They were not very cute either! I don't think I could eat one but it is a different Culture! Crazy!

I cringe whenever I see a Korean buy a puppy on the street as I imagine the worse. Some Filipinos eat cat and dog too. There are not a lot of stray cats around and the dogs are pretty scrawny.

In one of Dr. John Cambell's latest videos  he said it was reported to him that the situation is out of control in Tehran as well. He cited that in only one hospital 12 medical staff have tested positive.

I stick by my calculations that during the initial phase, by the time there are 10 deaths, 10,000 are infected which means it is already endemic and it is almost impossible to stop an epidemic. Let Italy be an example as they went from 3 cases to 150 plus and quarantine in about 4 days. That is a likely warning time period any of us might have before being forced  into quarantine.

I already have 40 liters of various drinkable fluids and a month's supply of food, but I will stock up on a few more supplies in case I invite one of my girlfriends to stay with me.

Are there other reputable links to info on transmission besides the CDC that y’all have seen? Trying to make sense of the gap between the videos of people in China in spacesuits and emails from my hospital system saying to simply wash hands and use clinical judgment regarding personal protective equipment. 

18 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Are there other reputable links to info on transmission besides the CDC that y’all have seen? Trying to make sense of the gap between the videos of people in China in spacesuits and emails from my hospital system saying to simply wash hands and use clinical judgment regarding personal protective equipment. 

PPE will work but there are 3000 healthcare workers infected in China. The WHO protocol is here: 

www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200222-sitrep-33-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=c9585c8f_2

and after following 10 links:

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/112656/9789241507134_eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And we have plenty of dipshits who would try and dodge a quarantine, because they think they know better.  

Jade Helm 2: Corona Boogaloo

Could you imagine the East Texas “Don’t Tread On Me” knuckledraggers’ reaction to Houston being quarantined? Equal parts funny and sad. 

Probably more sad. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away