CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

28 minutes ago, Chooky said:

The labradoodle breeding industry has put out a statement that under no conditions should people consume or inject labradoodles.

What about snickerdoodles? Quite frankly, they're delicious.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

This board is a fucking bastion of truth compared to the DT threads about "current events". 

I do think that the lack of self-awareness in propping up the CR as the rational and reasoned, disinformation and propaganda free portion of this website where politics is discussed reasonably is pretty funny though.  Many posters on this board reveled in crazy right out conspiracy theory nonsense for most of the last 3 years because it aligned with their political inclinations.  Can we just be real.  The DT is a shit show, the CR is a shit show.  Let's not create self congratulatory delusions in the process. 

The Onion.   A month ago:

https://local.theonion.com/man-just-buying-one-of-every-cleaning-product-in-case-t-1842493766?utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF

EVANSTON, WY—Throwing bottles of bleach, ammonia, and Drano into a cart at his local grocery store, area man Troy Mitchell was reportedly stocking up on one of every cleaning product he could find Wednesday in case President Donald Trump announces it is a coronavirus cure. “I got toilet bowl cleaner, carpet cleaner, Swiffer WetJet refills—you name it—just so me and my family will be ready if the president announces one of these things can treat Chinese virus,” said Mitchell, indiscriminately throwing containers of laundry detergent, Scrubbing Bubbles, grout whitener, steel wool, Febreze, Tilex mold and mildew remover, and laptop screen wipes into the cart, the contents of which rang up to $2,513.67 at checkout. “I’m not getting caught without some oven degreaser should Trump say it’s going to save us, so I better go ahead and grab me a bottle. After this, I’m hitting the hardware store to pick up a 5-gallon bucket of roof sealant to make sure I’m prepared in the event that turns out to be what gets rid of the Wuhan. Could just be 10 or 20 squirts of Windex into each nostril. You never know what might work in a pinch!” At press time, neighbors confirmed Mitchell had been found unresponsive on the floor of his bathroom with several empty aerosol cans of Rust-Oleum wax-and-tar-removing solvent by his head.

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

So Pete Ricketts just announced they are reopening restaurants in Nebraska at 50% capacity on May 4.  Nebraska's numbers are still accelerating and our tests/capita are one of the lowest (40th/50 states) in the country.  I'm not thrilled. 

I might risk COVID for some frings and a burger or a cheese runza from Runza.

44 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

God dammit.  The pessimist in me worries this fringe movement is picking up steam among the Trump Cult and it will result in violence and dangerous stupidity on a massive scale.  

The optimist in me doesn’t necessarily disagree with any of that, but notes that it’s Friday, which means happy hour starts shortly and I’m virtually guaranteed to get laid one of the next two nights.  

Maybe, but it is being funded by outsiders, may also be picking up the Trump Rally caravaners not to mention the roving right wing groups like the Proud Boys, etc. So, the violence may be a potential, but if I understand correctly, there are a number of people who are not from the areas where the protests are occurring.

We still have friends back in Wisconsin, I need to reach out to them and see what's up. We haven't talked since Christmas.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I might risk COVID for some frings and a burger or a cheese runza from Runza.

Maybe, but it is being funded by outsiders, may also be picking up the Trump Rally caravaners not to mention the roving right wing groups like the Proud Boys, etc. So, the violence may be a potential, but if I understand correctly, there are a number of people who are not from the areas where the protests are occurring.

We still have friends back in Wisconsin, I need to reach out to them and see what's up. We haven't talked since Christmas.

The Runza Drive thrus never closed. Had Swiss cheese mushroom runza and fries with French onion dip last night 

i've never really tuned in when pence is speaking. he's so deferential that it's embarrassing. he keeps on saying "mr. president" in his remarks. you are supposed to briefing the fucking country, not the president, you fucking toady

That and the whole victory lap vibe. It’s disgusting.

Just now, Royalfan5 said:

The Runza Drive thrus never closed. Had Swiss cheese mushroom runza and fries with French onion dip last night 

I'm going to cry. When my husband and I were dating neither of us had much money so Runza was a treat. Or banana split night at the Goodrich Dairy or a cone from Zesto. Those were the days!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I do think that the lack of self-awareness in propping up the CR as the rational and reasoned, disinformation and propaganda free portion of this website where politics is discussed reasonably is pretty funny though.  Many posters on this board reveled in crazy right out conspiracy theory nonsense for most of the last 3 years because it aligned with their political inclinations.  Can we just be real.  The DT is a shit show, the CR is a shit show.  Let's not create self congratulatory delusions in the process. 

Nope, we can't, because you are (as usual) drawing false equivalencies.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Nope, we can't, because you are (as usual) drawing false equivalencies.

At least you can spell it right.  Bozo was unable to pull that off this morning. 

You should try harder though to make an actual point instead of just falling back to stale ad hominem. 

You know how I know he wasn't being sarcastic?

Because none of the boot-lickers tried to say he was being sarcastic. Not Hannity. Not Ted Cruz. None of the boot-licking morons on Facebook. Nobody batted an eye, they know he's a functional brain injury, they just accepted it and don't care.

The next question he takes should gho something like this:

"Mr. President, Mr. President... does it worry you at all that you can say something sarcastic, but so PROFOUNDLY stupid... I mean, injecting disinfectants... that's... wow.. anyway, are you worried that nobody was surprised when you made that sarcastic, stupid statement?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

At least you can spell it right.  Bozo was unable to pull that off this morning. 

You should try harder though to make an actual point instead of just falling back to stale ad hominem. 

Here's an ad hominem:  I'm sorry you struggle to understand the very simple context of my statement, which was part of a discussion.  If I have to create a top-down journalistic inverse pyramid every time I respond to one of your posts, then I fucking quit.  Do try harder, big (normal?) brain.

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I trust her reporting, but I’ll believe I it when I see it.  Dude loves him some attention and is an attention whore and ego whore and hoebag 

I think we found the amount of rope to give him. 1 inject Lysol length.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Here's an ad hominem:  I'm sorry you struggle to understand the very simple context of my statement, which was part of a discussion.  If I have to create a top-down journalistic inverse pyramid every time I respond to one of your posts, then I fucking quit.  Do try harder, big (normal?) brain.

There is nothing in your posts, in general, particularly hard to understand. 

10 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Had never heard of Runza until this thread.  Checked out the menu - I say GOTDAMN, the Spicy Jack Burger looks great.

The burgers are better than the Runzas. They’ve got really good crinkle cut fries too. That being said the Runzas are still good just not quite them same if you grew up around Germans from Russia 

Just now, Anastasis said:

There is nothing in your posts, in general, particularly hard to understand. 

Well then that should just embarrass you even more, given that you fail to do so on a regular basis.

Tell me:  what was the equivalency you espoused in the post I responded to?  Let's start there.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

We need cameras set up in hospital ERs and ICUs now. These idiots don't get what they're talking about. 

The policy works! Abandon it because the numbers are lower than expected! There's not much chance you'll die, so it's okay.

What a bunch of morons.

If gawd forbid there's a break-out among them, I at least hope they show up at the ER in their MAGA gear. 

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fucking amazing.  Do any of y'all sometimes sit back in wonderment and realize that John Oliver has a better ability to direct the future of this nation than your own President?  

Trump is furious today because the fake media is questioning his latest attempt for a Nobel Peace Prize.  How dare they probe into his intelligent two pronged solution for assuring football in August.  
Plan 1:  The TBF...Trump Bleach Flush   America has the greatest scientists and doctors (they all really love him) in the world.  Under the direction of the President,  America’s finest research teams are to be given one simple task, developing a simple process of flushing COVID infected   lungs with bleach without killing the patient.  Since the President is the nephew of an uncle with a PhD. and taught at MIT, he sincerely believes this simple challenge is coming along extremely well (really the best and fastest ever). A solution should be realized soon, very soon.

Plan 2:  The TUB... Trump Ultraviolet Bar.   The President realizes some may be seeking a more high tech approach.  The Trump Corp. has decided to market this COVID cleansing tool itself.  For the extraordinary price of only $19.95  ($20.95 for Democrats) you will be able to purchase the TUB very soon, very soon. As an added bonus, if you act soon (COVID maybe gone by summer) you may receive a free second TUB (just pay $19.94 s&h).  This proven appliance is very easy to use.  You simply stick the supersonic, isotonic, TUB up your ass.  Turn the TUB on for one minute and COVID virus is eliminated.  Many have asked if this is a one time process and the President assures us that once is enough but he “knows” daily use is not harmful.

Nobel Peace Prize 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Your rhetoric arguments have gotten pretty old, tired and stale.

We got it. You think you are a master debater and all of us suck at it. Whoop de do.

1 minute ago, ruitxn said:

Trump is furious today because the fake media is questioning his latest attempt for a Nobel Peace Prize.  How dare they probe into his intelligent two pronged solution for assuring football in August.  
Plan 1:  The TBF...Trump Bleach Flush   America has the greatest scientists and doctors (they all really love him) in the world.  Under the direction of the President,  America’s finest research teams are to be given one simple task, developing a simple process of flushing COVID infected   lungs with bleach without killing the patient.  Since the President is the nephew of an uncle with a PhD. and taught at MIT, he sincerely believes this simple challenge is coming along extremely well (really the best and fastest ever). A solution should be realized soon, very soon

Nobel Peace Prize 

What the Trumpin' Fuck is 'A Frush'?  

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Found anything about assumptions regarding testing in pandemic models yet?

Somehow I just knew you were gonna ask me that. I must be psychic.

Frankly Anastasis I have been way too busy at work to get to that. You will notice I only post nowadays in the evening. But get to that I will. Hell, if I haven’t at least even tried to respond to you by the time you have to cut me a check this November  you won’t have to do so until I do. Understand that does not mean my answer must satisfy you and is not part of our bet. Only that I have responded. Which I will.

• Like 1

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

obviously, we need a federal grant to pay the NEJM to conduct a sarcasm study.  I mean, just watch the video of the Press Conference, Dr. birx laughs her ass off at the sarcasm.