CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

7 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I wonder how many families of these anti-vaxxers will take advantage of the funeral payments that are part of CARES, when one of their own pass.  

I know a guy who is full on Q and his schtick all along was Soros, Rothschild, et al, (the upper .01%) were working towards depopulation of the masses to give them more elbow room on the planet.  They would be happy to do away with 90%, since they would still need gardeners and servants.  Now this fucker is full on anti vax, and full on Gates and micro chip crap.   It is like someone is orchestrating this and somehow foresaw the stupidity divide in most countries and took advantage of it.  

I think less conspiracy and more how power has historically worked for individuals (mostly men), for groups/class, and for countries. That there are oligarchs is accepted. That there are mafia/cartel type criminal organizations worldwide (Russia, Armenia, Italian, South and Central American) etc is accepted. That some countries are ruled by their military through shadow/puppet governments is accepted. So, having American politicians or key administrative agency officials who are amenable to ruling through faux elections is not out of the realm of consideration especially considering the events of this year. The pandemic was a way to perhaps gain votes by framing Democratic officials and politicians in a bad light and it was definitely a way to make money for a lot of people. That people died or that some of them might have been GOP voters? No big deal.

Money and power doesn't need a conspiracy as much as it needs an opportunity to increase either or both of those. Plenty of people around the world that are addicted.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

it never ceases to amaze how many very stupid people you guys know and interact with regularly. 

Well duh, I work in finance and politics.  Did you think smart people were running this state?  bless your heart.  

Among 4.6 million fully vaccinated people in L.A. County, Public Health identified 2,822 people who tested positive for a COVID-19 infection contracted more than two weeks after they were fully vaccinated. That means that about 0.06% of all fully vaccinated people tested positive for COVID-19. A total of 195 people, 0.004% of those fully vaccinated, were hospitalized for infections contracted while fully vaccinated. And 21 people died of their infections, 0.0004%. These numbers are very similar to the numbers seen last week.

http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=3221

I think they may be looking at different time of reporting, but the overall numbers for those vaccinated are still really good.

I was out and about yesterday and wore a mask when inside a few places with larger numbers of people. I've never ever said anything to anyone regarding their mask or lack of one, but in the past have had one or two people comment upon mine. I doubt the man I told yesterday  "we've just returned from traveling in various hotspots for the new variant and I'd hate to spread it to the unvaccinated," can comprehend that it wasn't for his sorry rude ass that I was acting out of concern for, but people like children who cannot receive a vaccine.

He probably cannot comprehend returning his shopping cart either, so there is my moral superiority for the day.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I often save that for people who throw trash out of their car window, but it's definitely on the list.

I only see this very rarely now.  Speaks to the effectiveness of messaging done right.  Maybe we need need Willie and Too Tall Jones in ads pushing vaccines in Texas. 

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I only see this very rarely now.  Speaks to the effectiveness of messaging done right.  Maybe we need need Willie and Too Tall Jones in ads pushing vaccines in Texas. 

That messaging was an Italian person dressed as an Native American crying on my TV for most of my youth.  If that commercial was done today you would have the GOP and its followers saying its their freedom to throw shit out of their window onto the highway.  You would have the TX GOP passing laws saying you will be arrested if you DON”T pollute the highways at least once a week.  You would also have channels like Newsmax or OAN telling its watchers that there are studies that show pollution is good for the earth and if we stop doing it all the plants and animals will die and the evil Democrats and Bill Gates of the world are stopping pollution in some world domination plot.  Freaking irritating just thinking about it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Three hospitals and a double  lung transplant. Everyone else in the family got the vaccine.

Makes me ragey.  So some other person on the lung transplant waiting list may die because this dick couldn't be bothered to do the smart thing?  Fuck him.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

it never ceases to amaze how many very stupid people you guys know and interact with regularly. 

yeah, I clearly weeded out many of them from my peer group because I have had very little interaction with the types of people mentioned in this thread. of course, I live in Austin, am college educated, and most of my friends are robustly employed. I don't hang with a lot of people who have nothing to do and have time on their hands to get brainwashed.

Now, my mom's family is a completely different story. I generally don't interact with them and go see my grandpa a couple times a year for holidays. it's best that way

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I regularly reply to your posts, so….yeah, that’s on me.

In all seriousness though, do you actually know and interact with people that believe that Bill Gates is using the vaccines as a delivery mechanism for microchips?

I am not asking if you found something on twitter to get bunched up about.  I mean an actual real life acquaintance or colleague?

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I have yet to have someone evangelize to me about vaccine microchips. I kinda wish that it would happen though, cause it would be a really funny exchange in real life.  

Two quick NYTimes charts about Arkansas and Missouri.

Vaccination rates for adults by county on the left. The light green in the center represent about 20% fully vaccinated. 

New cases on the right. Darker orange and red represent 60-110 people per 100k average new daily cases in that county. I don't think you have to be a data scientist to correlate these maps.

East Texas looks very similar to the light green so you have to assume the right chart will soon follow.

Presentation1 - Copy.jpg

In all seriousness though, do you actually know and interact with people that believe that Bill Gates is using the vaccines as a delivery mechanism for microchips?
I am not asking if you found something on twitter to get bunched up about.  I mean an actual real life acquaintance or colleague?
Maybe I've just been lucky, but I have yet to have someone evangelize to me about vaccine microchips. I kinda wish that it would happen though, cause it would be a really funny exchange in real life.  

Ummm….my wife’s family is from the areas around Beaumont and Marlin. And I hunt with a group of older good old boys. And shit, I have a SUPER conservative cousin from mom’s side who is an actual MD (but an ophthalmologist) who was and is all-in on HCQ and shit like that. So….yeah. But to be clear, I do my best to avoid any such conversation with those folks.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummm….my wife’s family is from the areas around Beaumont and Marlin. And I hunt with a group of older good old boys. And shit, I have a SUPER conservative cousin from mom’s side who is an actual MD (but an ophthalmologist) who was and is all-in on HCQ and shit like that. So….yeah. But to be clear, I do my best to avoid any such conversation with those folks.

I think that there is a very wide gulf between the continuing to hold the wrong-headed notion that HCQ is effective to treat COVID and the lunacy that Bill Gate is using vaccines as a microchip delivery mechanism.  Early on many people were hopeful that we might find a silver bullet and HCQ (and any number of other existing therapeutics) were worth exploring (myself included). That belief became irrationally fixed for some folks and they were unable to integrate the data demonstrating it's lack of efficacy.  But that is quite different than the idea the vaccines are the product of a global conspiracy to implement microchips in every one. Do you know anyone IRL that actually believes the latter?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Vaccination rates for adults by county on the left. The light green in the center represent about 20% fully vaccinated. 

New cases on the right. Darker orange and red represent 60-110 people per 100k average new daily cases in that county. I don't think you have to be a data scientist to correlate these maps.

East Texas looks very similar to the light green so you have to assume the right chart will soon follow.

Presentation1 - Copy.jpg

Yup. Over the last year, one of my morning rituals is to check the NYTimes covid maps and it's been interesting, to say the least, watching those counties get progressively "hotter" the past couple of weeks.

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I’ve never met anyone who actually said the microchip thing. My buddy’s mom did tell him that the vaccine was the mark of the beast or something. When he got the shot he called to tell her and she got pretty upset. Weird. 

• Fuck You 2

Here's the national heat map. The outbreak in Missouri was originally centered a few weeks ago in north central MO and quickly thereafter a second hot spot showed up in the Ozarks. Those two started to merge and the Ozark one spread down into Arkansas. Only recently, those western Illinois counties started going hot and you can see it's spilling over into Kansas. Southern Louisiana started glowing last week and now that's merging with Arkansas.

For a long time, only Miami was a little orange but then Jacksonville popped up and that shit is spreading throughout the Deep South. 

A while back, only a couple of western Colorado counties were a orange but that quickly started to spread into Utah and Nevada.

Closer to home, northeastern Texas had a flair up that quickly cooled but a lot of those scattered orange counties throughout Texas were yellow just a few days ago. Reeves, Dimmit, Concho, and Karnes counties have been red for a while and I just assumed they were related to prison facilities in those places, but the shit is clearly beginning to spread.

image.thumb.png.d49c9209a7514cb5250d5c5ee90cc50b.png 

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Here's the national heat map. The outbreak in Missouri was originally centered a few weeks ago in north central MO and quickly thereafter a second hot spot showed up in the Ozarks. Those two started to merge and the Ozark one spread down into Arkansas. Only recently, those western Illinois counties started going hot and you can see it's spilling over into Kansas. Southern Louisiana started glowing last week and now that's merging with Arkansas.

For a long time, only Miami was a little orange but then Jacksonville popped up and that shit is spreading throughout the Deep South. 

A while back, only a couple of western Colorado counties were a orange but that quickly started to spread into Utah and Nevada.

Closer to home, northeastern Texas had a flair up that quickly cooled but a lot of those scattered orange counties throughout Texas were yellow just a few days ago. Reeves, Dimmit, Concho, and Karnes counties have been red for a while and I just assumed they were related to prison facilities in those places, but the shit is clearly beginning to spread.

image.thumb.png.d49c9209a7514cb5250d5c5ee90cc50b.png 

A sunbelt spread of some sort amongst the unvaccinated was always a given this summer. Sad, but true. 

• Fuck You 2

I posted this video from a news report from MO last November. Many in the small county were opposed to wearing masks because as they said, "I'm not a Democrat." You can only imagine the pushback to vaccines. Which I looked up. 27% adults in the county are vaccinated. They're also in that hotspot map with new daily 21 per 100K residents.  

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I posted this video from a news report from MO last November. Many in the small county were opposed to wearing masks because as they said, "I'm not a Democrat." You can only imagine the pushback to vaccines. Which I looked up. 27% adults in the county are vaccinated. They're also in that hotspot map with new daily 21 per 100K residents.  

I know that these people not getting vaccinated hurts all of us with variants and whatnot but at this point if they refuse to get vaccinated we really should refuse to treat them at the hospital if they become sick.  I know its a terrible thought to be so cruel but maybe its time for hospitals and doctors to send someone really ill that chose not to be vaccinated back home and tell them to take some Tylenol or pray to their god or whatever and hopefully they get better. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I know that these people not getting vaccinated hurts all of us with variants and whatnot but at this point if they refuse to get vaccinated we really should refuse to treat them at the hospital if they become sick.  I know its a terrible thought to be so cruel but maybe its time for hospitals and doctors to send someone really ill that chose not to be vaccinated back home and tell them to take some Tylenol or pray to their god or whatever and hopefully they get better. 

Some very vengeful, unethical people on this forum. Y’all are really something. 

• Fuck You 7

55 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Presentation1 - Copy.jpg

Far south Central Arkansas.  I know that area well as my in laws are from there.  Two counties directly next to each other.  One is almost all white and other large black population.  The mostly white county is 23% vaxxed including 48% over 65.  Predominantly black county is 38% with 72% over 65.

Let that speak for itself.

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Some very vengeful, unethical people on this forum. Y’all are really something. 

lol, fuck you and fuck them. talk to an ER doc. find out how fucking tired they are. find out how beside themselves they are that people are refusing a FREE vaccine to keep them and everyone else safe. I agree 100% that unless you have a real, documented underlying condition that prevents you from getting the vaccine if you haven't gotten vaccinated willingly by now and get sick, get fucked. die at home and make your loved ones deal with it. they created you, they can help usher your worthless ass into the ground. don't tie up MY access to medical treatment because "but muh freedom!!!"

door thank GIF

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

So if you are the Biden administration at what point do you say "fuck all of this" (gotta actually say that out loud first of course).  Start to really press the FDA for full authorization (which at this point with the number of people who have gotten this sort of make the bureaucratic difference between emergency and full authorization a joke on the order of the "I don't have Covid" attestation I had to fill out and sign in the Cancun airport on Monday while in my hand was my test results saying I didn't have Covid) and then bring down the vax requirements hammer for things like travel, large group events, etc.  I realize there is some logistical nightmares there to work through and maybe some political calculus (but are the people who are dug in really voting for you anyway). 

Kind of a Lincoln suspends habeas corpus kind of moment....

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, fuck you and fuck them. talk to an ER doc. find out how fucking tired they are. find out how beside themselves they are that people are refusing a FREE vaccine to keep them and everyone else safe. I agree 100% that unless you have a real, documented underlying condition that prevents you from getting the vaccine if you haven't gotten vaccinated willingly by now and get sick, get fucked. die at home and make your loved ones deal with it. they created you, they can help usher your worthless ass into the ground.

maybe take a break from the internet chief.

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, fuck you and fuck them. talk to an ER doc. find out how fucking tired they are. find out how beside themselves they are that people are refusing a FREE vaccine to keep them and everyone else safe. I agree 100% that unless you have a real, documented underlying condition that prevents you from getting the vaccine if you haven't gotten vaccinated willingly by now and get sick, get fucked. die at home and make your loved ones deal with it. they created you, they can help usher your worthless ass into the ground. don't tie up MY access to medical treatment because "but muh freedom!!!"

I have that fuckstick GR on ignore but since you quoted him I am guessing he was talking about me.  I may have to add "The Vengeful" to my real name at some point.  I kind of like the sound of that.  Oh, and I have no problem with someone in this world making a choice and dying from it.  It was their choice.  Want to go swim with sharks and get your arm bit off, OK, your choice.  I do have a problem if it hurts the rest of society however.  My beliefs aren't just about covid either.  You ride a motorcyle and choose not to wear a helmet then I think if you crash you shouldn't get medical care if the helmet would have prevented the injuries.  That non helmet wearing asshole costs all of our healthcare to be higher just like those choosing not to get vaccinated for Covid are costing all of us whether it be variants spreading or the healthcare resources they are taking that could be used for others.  So yeah, choose not to get vaccinated then I have no issues letting those fuckers die.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

door thank GIF

Thanks for proving my point. 

The unvaccinated are the ones dying  and healthcare workers take care of people who have fucked themselves up all day every day. 

You obviously don’t have the mindset or temperament to work in health care. Fortunately people with your mentality don’t make public health decisions. 

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Thanks for proving my point. 

The unvaccinated are the ones dying  and healthcare workers take care of people who have fucked themselves up all day every day. 

You obviously don’t have the mindset or temperament to work in health care. Fortunately people with your mentality don’t make public health decisions. 

and you clearly don't know anyone who is actually a doctor

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I have that fuckstick GR on ignore but since you quoted him I am guessing he was talking about me.  I may have to add "The Vengeful" to my real name at some point.  I kind of like the sound of that.  Oh, and I have no problem with someone in this world making a choice and dying from it.  It was their choice.  Want to go swim with sharks and get your arm bit off, OK, your choice.  I do have a problem if it hurts the rest of society however.  My beliefs aren't just about covid either.  You ride a motorcyle and choose not to wear a helmet then I think if you crash you shouldn't get medical care if the helmet would have prevented the injuries.  That non helmet wearing asshole costs all of our healthcare to be higher just like those choosing not to get vaccinated for Covid are costing all of us whether it be variants spreading or the healthcare resources they are taking that could be used for others.  So yeah, choose not to get vaccinated then I have no issues letting those fuckers die.

You’re a brilliant man. Lol

I love your way of thinking. I think before we allow traumas in the ER we need signed attestations from the first responders that the victim’s seat belts were on. Also, if someone was ejected from the vehicle then the ambulance keeps driving. Fuck all you hoes. 

• Fuck You 4

I share the frustration, disbelief if not outright anger at the ignorance of people who refuse to get the vaccine. But we take care of people regardless of the source of their healthcare problem. Most major healthcare problems today are related to personal behavior but docs don't make judgement calls based on the behavior of the person.. We still take care of them, at least in terms of stabilizing them.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and you clearly don't know anyone who is actually a doctor

Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Every doctor in a hospital setting cares for people that they know are responsible for their own predicament, whether minor or life threatening. It’s rarely brought up.

ER docs are known for burning out but I have a feeling your emotions are amplifying this supposed doc’s frustrations. 

• Fuck You 3

19 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

So if you are the Biden administration at what point do you say "fuck all of this" (gotta actually say that out loud first of course).  Start to really press the FDA for full authorization

Biden can help this by actually nominating an FDA Commissioner for approval. 

More on the mess that is the FDA right now: What the $%&! Is Going On at the FDA?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I share the frustration, disbelief if not outright anger at the ignorance of people who refuse to get the vaccine. But we take care of people regardless of the source of their healthcare problem. Most major healthcare problems today are related to personal behavior but docs don't make judgement calls based on the behavior of the person.. We still take care of them, at least in terms of stabilizing them.

This.  It's against HIPAA.