CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

These people are poison.  It's not any more complicated than that.

"The Biden admin is panicking and infiltrating our lives by continuing to send out firefighters to combat a fire that is 50% contained."

I know these people are unspeakably stupid, and irredeemably evil...I just can't peg the exact mix.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated. These yokels are all vaccinated.

Fucking thank you! I literally clicked on this thread to say the same thing. The vaccination rate inside the Fox building is absolutely above 90%, and it's probably 100% for on-air talent. I know that money is awesome, but how do these people sleep at night?

• Rage+1 2

22 hours ago, GRHorn said:

It seems you have a lot of unresolved anger issues. Your Twitter account you linked to before was the most basic bitch Mad Liberal account around.

i very rarely neg in the cloak room, but this is straight up trolling. @PenelopeWitherspoon is a good poster, and probably more conservative than you claim to be. get fucked, dude.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Fucking thank you! I literally clicked on this thread to say the same thing. The vaccination rate inside the Fox building is absolutely above 90%, and it's probably 100% for on-air talent. I know that money is awesome, but how do these people sleep at night?

on a sack of money

• Hook 'Em 1

The latest company to face outrage over vaccinations: Heineken

https://nordot.app/786426334934466560?c=592622757532812385

Heineken has found itself on the “mighty real” receiving end of anti-vaxxer vitriol.

The Dutch beer maker is facing threats of a boycott after posting a pro-vaccination advertisement on Twitter, which upset people who refuse to be inoculated against the COVID-19 virus.

The minute-long ad shows a group of elderly individuals dancing in a nightclub and then frolicking in the sea while imbibing the popular, green-bottled beer. A cover of Sylvester’s 1970s disco anthem, “Mighty Real,” is blaring in the background.

he upbeat clip ends with the message: “The night belongs to the vaccinated. Time to join them.”

The pro-vaccination promotion didn’t go over well for those against getting a shot in the arm to stem the spread of the disease that has claimed more than 4 million lives across the world and forced a global lockdown for over a year.

On Friday, the #BoycottHeineken hashtag was trending on Twitter with scores of users denouncing the company for the marketing initiative — one even referring to it as “deranged, disgusting and disturbing vaccine propaganda.”

Some uploaded videos of themselves opening bottles of the brewer’s namesake lager and pouring it down their kitchen sinks in protest.

The ad “celebrates a group of vaccinated seniors who are able to safely get back out to enjoy bars and clubs and socialize again — something we’re all looking forward to,” a Heineken spokesperson told Yahoo Finance UK. “It is all about supporting the hospitality industry and getting back to the bars and restaurants safely so we can all be together again.”

Israel indicates they will deploy a 3rd shot booster for people with weaker immune systems (elderly and immunocompromised). 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-government-said-to-unroll-soft-suppression-strategy-on-resurgent-pandemic/

Detailing the plan, Channel 12 news said the strategy has been labeled “soft suppression” and will seek to keep the number of COVID-19 cases down by vaccinating the elderly and immunocompromised populations with a third dose, while also bringing back a modified Green Pass policy for indoor events.

It said Bennett wants the cabinet to consider a “Green Pass Lite” policy next week, that will require people to present a vaccine certificate or a recent negative test result when entering indoor events, weddings, gyms, and the like. There will not be limits to the number of participants at indoor events, but the new policy will seek to prevent such gatherings from turning into super-spreader affairs.

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

trumpkins are so fucking stupid and ridiculous

They really are. As Anastasis just pointed out    Anheiser Busch did something similar and not a peep from the right wing hate machine. It’s just manufactured outrage for profit at this point. 

Delta Variant Spills Out of Midwest Tourist Hub-Turned-Incubator https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-10/delta-variant-spills-out-of-midwest-tourist-hub-turned-incubator

Branson. Honestly, I'm done. If you are too stupid to get vaccinated and get COVID, I don't really feel bad for you. You fucked around, and you should find out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Delta Variant Spills Out of Midwest Tourist Hub-Turned-Incubator https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-10/delta-variant-spills-out-of-midwest-tourist-hub-turned-incubator

Branson. Honestly, I'm done. If you are too stupid to get vaccinated and get COVID, I don't really feel bad for you. You fucjed around, and you should find out.

I’ve mentioned it before, but my entire immediate family are unvaxxed and don’t plan to be.  Pretty sure 3/4 of them voted Biden. At least half. I am going to see them for a bday celebration today. I hope they don’t get Covid, but they are adults and they made their decision. I’m mentally preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’ve mentioned it before, but my entire immediate family are unvaxxed and don’t plan to be.  Pretty sure 3/4 of them voted Biden. At least half. I am going to see them for a bday celebration today. I hope they don’t get Covid, but they are adults and they made their decision. I’m mentally preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.  
And I've said my brother won't get vaxxed. He is a selfish asshole. Your immediate family are also selfish assholes. They, my brother, or any unvaccinated by choice asshat could be where the variant that is vaccine resistant starts.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Posting this in the political CV thread, in response to the idea that Republicans are unfairly branded as anti-vaccine.

Tennessee GOP Reps Threaten to Defund Health Dept. Over 'Targeting' Kids With Vaccine Info

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/tennessee-gop-reps-threaten-defund-health-dept-over-targeting-kids-vaccine-info-1602225%3famp=1

Edited to add that the Republican propaganda arm, FOX, is an anti-vax fountain.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

@Anastasis - on the Israeli data - if you or anyone knows - wasn't Israel ahead of us in getting shots in arms?

I would like to see data efficacy rates based on date of administration. What is going on with the Israel's data? What does it show?

My take, broadly, is that you have to consider the UK and Canadian data as well, and there could be a few things going on here...and nobody really knows the answer.

1. Maybe immunity with 2 dose mRNA regimen wanes after ~6 months, at least as far as delta in particular is concerned... Would explain the delta data out of Israel. Or there are methodology issues that result in their lower real world VE against delta. Pfizer seems spooked by what they are seeing in the Israeli data, or maybe they like vaccine revenue and are inclined to sell another round.  

2. Maybe extended dose intervals and/or mixed dose regimens used in UK and Canada confer great protection...some data would support this and it could explain the early UK and Canada delta data...or maybe it's just that they are time lagged and will see the same thing when they are in the same place as Israel.

3. FDA and CDC were probably right to shut down Pfizer's talk of EUA for broad 3rd dose booster in US, but I think that Israel probably right to push a third dose for immunocompromised and elderly. I think we know more and be able to make more evidence based decisions in US as we get near end of August. I think that PFE is right to be developing and testing boosters directed at Delta.  I think that we will eventually need them. 

Just ramblings.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A few things do seem more clear to me though.  If you are unvaccinated adult and never had COVID you should get on the mRNA schedule ASAP. Delta is gonna chew the unvaccinated naive up, esp in regions with low vax coverage. If you had COVID previously as adult, I'd be looking to get one shot mRNA in ASAP. If you got JNJ one shot, I'd be shopping for an mRNA booster. If you are 12+ female, I'd go two mRNA shots, 12+ male at least one, two based on individual risk assessment CV related with a strong tilt to two at around 15+.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

By the way.

“Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine offers strong protection against the delta variant of the coronavirus, the company said Thursday. And the protection appears to last at least eight months.” 

https://www.wpr.org/johnson-johnsons-covid-vaccine-effective-against-delta-variant-studies-find

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

By the way.

“Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine offers strong protection against the delta variant of the coronavirus, the company said Thursday. And the protection appears to last at least eight months.” 
https://www.wpr.org/johnson-johnsons-covid-vaccine-effective-against-delta-variant-studies-find
Yeah, I'd talk to your doctor before doing something, FYI.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
11 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:
By the way.

Yeah, I'd talk to your doctor before doing something, FYI.

Yes. I’d try to work through my doc if I was in such a situation. 

22 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

By the way.

Cool. Yeah, I don’t think I’d be mixing and matching vaccines without doctor’s orders. This is good news. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

And I suppose lie about having had a previous shot?  My primary care physician already had my shot on record.

I didn't say you should lie about the J&J shot.  Obviously talk to your doc, but there is a study underway in which mixed vaccines administered as boosters are being studied.  I don't know if it's closed.

Booster study

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

My take, broadly, is that you have to consider the UK and Canadian data as well, and there could be a few things going on here...and nobody really knows the answer.
1. Maybe immunity with 2 dose mRNA regimen wanes after ~6 months, at least as far as delta in particular is concerned... Would explain the delta data out of Israel. Or there are methodology issues that result in their lower real world VE against delta. Pfizer seems spooked by what they are seeing in the Israeli data, or maybe they like vaccine revenue and are inclined to sell another round.  
2. Maybe extended dose intervals and/or mixed dose regimens used in UK and Canada confer great protection...some data would support this and it could explain the early UK and Canada delta data...or maybe it's just that they are time lagged and will see the same thing when they are in the same place as Israel.
3. FDA and CDC were probably right to shut down Pfizer's talk of EUA for broad 3rd dose booster in US, but I think that Israel probably right to push a third dose for immunocompromised and elderly. I think we know more and be able to make more evidence based decisions in US as we get near end of August. I think that PFE is right to be developing and testing boosters directed at Delta.  I think that we will eventually need them. 
Just ramblings.   

Pfizer could very well be motivated by revenue. My PCP, who is a little eccentric, does not like Pfizer’s track record when it comes to business scruples. I didn’t have a choice where I went and received Pfizer.

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't say you should lie about the J&J shot.  Obviously talk to your doc, but there is a study underway in which mixed vaccines administered as boosters are being studied.  I don't know if it's closed.

Booster study

A good number of international studies have assessed combo adenovirus vectors and mRNA shots at this point. The data suggest a more robust immune response, which makes sense imo esp with A-Z since they are presenting slightly different spikes. JNJ uses the same spike as PFE/MRNA. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Booster study

I guess your first reply was meant humorously as it certainly wasn't very helpful.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath