Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If he didn't have to deal with all of these bitches petty shit, maybe he would have time to turn down the volume on the Godzillatron, find some decent music, and fire Bob Cole.  You pussy's quit sending him messages for a week, and let's see him get some shit done.

*pussies

32 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

Please do that.  I'm going to my first home game in about 5 years in October and it sounds really bad according to all the stuff you guy's have posted lately.  My daughter is coming to visit and wanted to go see a game and sit where we used to have season tickets from 2005-2014.

I didn't realize how bad things have gotten until I started reading the stuff on here, and then the LHN game seemed to pick up every bit of the piped-in extra stuff.  I didn't notice it watching Rice, but this last game it was evident.  I am interested in what the light show stuff looks like in person though.  On TV it looks like the stadium didn't pay their electric bill.  That pic of Bevo posted earlier is exactly what I'm talking about.

*guys

JFC.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, dec3169 said:

Please do that.  I'm going to my first home game in about 5 years in October and it sounds really bad according to all the stuff you guy's have posted lately.  My daughter is coming to visit and wanted to go see a game and sit where we used to have season tickets from 2005-2014.

I didn't realize how bad things have gotten until I started reading the stuff on here, and then the LHN game seemed to pick up every bit of the piped-in extra stuff.  I didn't notice it watching Rice, but this last game it was evident.  I am interested in what the light show stuff looks like in person though.  On TV it looks like the stadium didn't pay their electric bill.  That pic of Bevo posted earlier is exactly what I'm talking about.

Is a lot of it manufactured? Yes. Could they cut down on the PA? Yes. But according to this board it should be tea time quiet so people can chat about the weather in between plays and the only noise should come from chants started from the crowd/cheer. I was in school 2005-2009 and have been back with season tickets the last few years and it's still a great time except for trying to get out of the parking garages after the game. The lights are cool as fuck even if the app didn't work well to participate. The student section is rocking, the drinks are flowing, the overall gameday atmosphere is way better with stuff for everyone, even if it is over the top. This place could complain about getting handed free cash at the door because it wasn't crisp enough so don't let it get ruined for you before you even show up. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If he didn't have to deal with all of these bitches petty shit, maybe he would have time to turn down the volume on the Godzillatron, find some decent music, and fire Bob Cole.  You pussy's quit sending him messages for a week, and let's see him get some shit done.

Curious, whats decent music in your opinion?

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

Is a lot of it manufactured? Yes. Could they cut down on the PA? Yes. But according to this board it should be tea time quiet so people can chat about the weather in between plays and the only noise should come from chants started from the crowd/cheer. I was in school 2005-2009 and have been back with season tickets the last few years and it's still a great time except for trying to get out of the parking garages after the game. The lights are cool as fuck even if the app didn't work well to participate. The student section is rocking, the drinks are flowing, the overall gameday atmosphere is way better with stuff for everyone, even if it is over the top. This place could complain about getting handed free cash at the door because it wasn't crisp enough so don't let it get ruined for you before you even show up. 

I'm not talking about that.  I WANT that.  I'm glad it has gotten better in that respect.  I remember times when you could hear a pin drop.  I also remember the OSU game we were down by a ton and the whole stadium pitched in screaming.  I lost my voice but we came back and won.  Great experience. 

I'll give it a chance, but I know I don't want some obnoxious guy talking all the time just to talk.  That's what Lowell is for.  The PA is too loud if it is drowning out some of the TV commentary as well.  I'm also not a fan of the backup sound when a team loses yardage on a penalty.  That's something TCU or Baylor would think is cool.  That said - if I were in charge I would probably get fired because I would pipe in doorbell sounds just to screw with the TV viewers dogs.

Also - glad to know the lights are good in-stadium.  I like light shows - I have color LEDs all throughout my house.  It did not look great on TV, but the LHN commercial of the empty stadium with the lights flashing looked cool.

Overall I can't wait to go again.  I have moved to 2 different states and back to Texas in the last 9 years and live near Tyler now.  My daughter has lived in FL since then, and decided to fly back here and bring her boyfriend (I assume he is gonna ask me about proposing).  I took her to every game from 05-14 as a daddy/daughter bonding thing.  I guess it stuck with her.

As for the free cash - if it was crisp $100 bills they would complain about the paper cuts.

• Haha 1

He’s either lost his fucking mind, or let one of his grandchildren write this week’s newsletter.

I shit you not….this is an actual cut and paste:

Longhorn Nation,

The chorus kicked off early and was the theme of the day on Saturday … THUNDER! First it was the late morning storms rolling through Austin, clearing in ample time for the party to commence on BEVO Blvd, Smokey’s Midway and Longhorn City Limits. Amidst another joyous day of fun and fellowship on the Forty, a rowdy, raucous round of Hook ‘Ems, fist bumps, and high-fives were aplenty as our undefeated suited & booted herd of Longhorns proudly strolled through the Stadium Stampede in preparation to don their Burnt Orange jerseys and gameday digs. The anticipation, excitement and enthusiasm were at a fevered pitch as y’all took to the stands in the relative cool of the night in DKR. Coming off our Horns’ epic performance at Alabama, let me tell you, y’all showed up, showed out and brought it BIG-TIME! It wasn’t easy as Coach Sark and our squad dug-in with steadfast grit and determination while going toe-to-toe against a persistent posse of Wyoming Cowboys with upset on their minds.

Tied at 10-all through three quarters, the final act began. With the rhythmical legendary AC/DC beat of “Thunderstruck” blaring through the stands, the more than 100,000 packing the house were treated to the much-anticipated and truly glorious light show, orange smoke serenade, while a chorus of drones glowed brightly to form our Longhorn logo and Hook ‘Em Horns sign. With Longhorn Nation rallying as one, it was an AWESOME sight to behold indeed. I could definitely feel it coming in the air that night! Feeding off that frenzy, fanatical energy and choruses of Texas-Fight, it ignited a sensational surge for our Horns as with The Nation behind them, they proceeded to light up the scoreboard. With y’all roaring for every snap, the thunderous runs of Jonathan Brooks took charge, lightning struck from our guy X-man and the exclamation point came with pick-six from Jerrin Thompson. It was just midway through the fourth quarter and a 21-0 blitzing culminated in a 31-10 triumph. In the locker room and postgame press conference after an incredible night, Coach Sark and our players were quick to point out the impact the best fans in the land had on the victory! With that win, we’re off to a 3-0 start for the first time since 2012 and climbed to No. 3 in The AP Poll, our best ranking since 2009.

It was an incredible atmosphere, one heck of a night on the Forty, and we’re just getting started. With your help and endless support, we’re gettin’ those BBs back in the box! I’ve got to give Drew Martin, Fernando Lovo and our entire external services, creative and game ops teams an emphatic Hook ‘Em, gracias, and round of applause. They’ve been preparing, testing, working for months and anxiously waiting for the chance to show off our new stadium toys … and it was BREATHTAKING! Take a bow all of you, that was one awesome sight to behold and an electric environment for sure. There’s much more to come, but what a great start it was sharing it with y’all on a memorable Saturday night at DKR.

25 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

They are garbage, although they tweaked the ranking methodology this year to to be slightly less garbage, which is why you see big public schools all rising in the rankings this year.

That’s nice to see. Thirty-ish years ago, Texas started falling because they kept changing the methodology to favor private schools back east. Someone wrote an article somewhere that pointed out how the changes caused the alma maters of all the USN&WR editors to rise in the rankings. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...