Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

9 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

Indeed, but then you compare him to his peers, and he's not exactly the worst qb in the nfl.    Even on a terrible team with no Oline, the rookie is still having a comparable or better season to a handful of nfl veterans.  I suspect he'll get better as he gets more experience and comfort.  It's a lot different when you dont have the best oline in the country anymore, they'll learn that fast.

OK.

High praise indeed. Out of 32 NFL teams, KM ranks #35 in passer rating. You are right that there are a few non-rookies behind him. Mayfield, e.g., is #40. It is early, but when one is a QB with a reputation for lacking charisma, his two best defenses to criticism are stats and wins. KM is somewhat lacking. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

High praise indeed. Out of 32 NFL teams, KM ranks #35 in passer rating. You are right that there are a few non-rookies behind him. Mayfield, e.g., is #40. It is early, but when one is a QB with a reputation for lacking charisma, his two best defenses to criticism are stats and wins. KM is somewhat lacking. 

nice. 

1 hour ago, Modessit said:

Stats don't equal success in the NFL. Wins do.

Well, duh. 

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
23 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:
Love Murray giving up on chase like at 8 yd line. Maximum Effort. 

I was going to say, as fast as that little fucker is, I'm pretty sure he had an angle to stop Clowney. Wonder why he didn't try?

Mistah Kottah! Mistah Kottah! I know the answer!

Go ahead, Horseshack.

It's because he's a little bitch, amirite?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

35 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
57 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I was going to say, as fast as that little fucker is, I'm pretty sure he had an angle to stop Clowney. Wonder why he didn't try?

Because Kyler Murray couldn't tackle one of Jadeveon Clowney's kids?

16 hours ago, wood said:

Remember how cute it was when people used to try to justify the midget's draft position "because Russell Wilson"? 

I'd like to see a photo of those to on the field together...

As evidenced by this picture of JuJu Smith Schuster trying to grope Russ you can see how built Wilson is, his arms, legs and hands are huge. While he may be "Short" not once has Wilson looked small on the field, Kyler on the other hand looks like a child running around out there. 

spacer.png

On 8/14/2019 at 9:01 PM, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

Interesting, so they increase talent almost everywhere but will not be any better than they were last year.   I think one underrated facet about them will be their defense, they have been drafting really well on that side lately.  garret is coming into his own and that greedy williams, looks good.

The league had tape on jared goff too. You cite beckham being overrated and a head case.  I say he's a hall of fame talent , 2x all pro wr who has had 1000 yards every year of his career that didnt end in injury.  He had 1000 yards and  five 100 yard games last season, and his qb is an aging, declining eli mannining.   Since beckham came to the league the only time manning was a pro bowl qb, in 2015,  obj had 1400 yards and 13 tds.  He's the best wr on that roster now and it's not even close.  They still have jarvis landry, who had nearly 1000 yards last year himself.  And an improved OC, another pro bowl rb in kareem hunt.  8 win ceiling huh. Alright, i guess, if you say you but that might be a little biased to say they arent capable of winning more than 8 when they won 7 last year. 

Here's an interesting tidbit about Baltimore- Only two qbs threw 300+ yards against them all year. Mayfield did it twice, the other was Mahomes. I do agree though Baltimore will be salty, probably will win that division.  But they're gonna lose once to the Browns. 

Bump. Tell me more about Mayfield and the Browns. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

Bump. Tell me more about Mayfield and the Browns. 

They'll at least get their 8 wins.   Good game vs baltimore, got absolutely smashed by the 9ers. But that's the best team in the league, they are complete badasses who will win the super bowl. Cant blame anyone for getting their shit pushed in by those bad boys.  Sucks for baker, shoulda been a 9er.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:39 PM, Tex Pete said:

Ol' Glenn is a meth-smoking, cock-gobbling sooner fan. Crimson till the end. He's also stupid.

I've never even seen meth before, but I do gobble cock. And i am a Sooner fan to the end, what self respecting football fan wouldn't stick with their team til the end? I am also stupid, but it really has nothing to do with football though. 

Edited by Glenn Quagmire Pilot
  • Fuck You 1