The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah your takes are, like I suspected, uniformed, ignorant and shitty.

I didn’t make you buy that POS, don’t know why you are so pissed. 

The fact you are even mentioning a Colorado alongside a Tacoma tells me all I need to know about your knowledge on “trucks”.  Good luck with your resale, I sure you’ll do as well as the Tacos. I’m sure GM finally got thier baby truck design right after having Toyota, Ford, and even Dodge drag their nuts across their face in that market since the 80’s. Hell I’ll even add Nissan to that list. I’d of rather had a hardbody or frontier than a fucking S10 or Colorado. 

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’d of rather had a hardbody or frontier than a fucking S10 or Colorado. 

Former owner of both a 2001 S10 ZR2 and a 2003 Frontier, here to confirm the above statement is accurate.

S10 was hands down the worst vehicle purchase that I have ever made.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-adding-overtime-shifts-match-ranger-demand/?wc_mid=4035:15672&wc_rid=4035:31722704&_wcsid=774F7E068D8EC8BA44A2F56AAF617939865EB20D8D563541

The new Ford Ranger may be based on an older platform, but that clearly hasn't done much to reduce interest in the midsize pickup truck. According to Automotive News, Ford expects January sales to top 1,200. That's not bad for its first month, but more importantly, Ford says more than 300,000 potential customers have said they plan to buy the new Ranger.

To meet that demand, Automotive News reports that Ford will add overtime shifts at its Michigan Assembly Plant starting next week. "Based on the orders coming in, and based on the hand-raisers, we think the demand's going to be so strong, that starting in February our assembly plant will be going into massive overtime," Kumar Galhotra, Ford's president of North America, told reporters.

6 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Sequoia too, I think. Getting a big boy TRD off road version. 

Sequoia needs it desperately.  Don't know why anyone would buy one of those vs. the competition right now.  Great motor, but that thing rides like shit.  And I really wanted to like it.

Just to update on this whip, I have to say, for someone who has always been rabidly anti-BMW, this X5M is high in the running for best vehicle I have ever owned. And I've driven just about everything under the sun from jalopies to uber high end. 100k miles and I haven't been to the dealer once.  And better off road than I anticipated, excepting the summer tires. I was on a job with a guy who buried his Corolla (don't ask) and a guy that buried his 4WD F350 (lol) who cussed me up and down for just cruising on around them. It's very difficult to think about bringing myself to buy something else honestly, until the DBX comes out and I know I won't be able to help myself.

I got funky numbers somewhere.
Below is some data.
The net, YES Taco still sells more, but if one goes back, I actually said I'd never fault anyone buying one. I specifically stated for me it was a better choice than the taco due to creature comforts. 
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/compact-pickup-trucks
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-new-trucks-ultimate-buyers-guide/
https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/07/gm-is-winning-the-sales-battle-in-first-half-of-2018.html
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/chevrolet-colorado-sales-figures/

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2012/10/toyota-brand-sales-figures-usa-canada/

Hey, I ain’t condescending your truck.

Speaking of, weren’t you supposed to be having a Sportsmobile built? What ever happened to that?

20 hours ago, G650 said:

Just to update on this whip, I have to say, for someone who has always been rabidly anti-BMW, this X5M is high in the running for best vehicle I have ever owned. And I've driven just about everything under the sun from jalopies to uber high end. 100k miles and I haven't been to the dealer once.  And better off road than I anticipated, excepting the summer tires. I was on a job with a guy who buried his Corolla (don't ask) and a guy that buried his 4WD F350 (lol) who cussed me up and down for just cruising on around them. It's very difficult to think about bringing myself to buy something else honestly, until the DBX comes out and I know I won't be able to help myself.

I don't believe you 😉  X5M with 100k miles and never been to the dealer?  You at least had to take it in for scheduled maintenance every 7500 miles or so, and I am guessing they definitely found some items replaced under warranty along the way.  you should sell that thing back to them for some form of study because it is unquestionably an anomaly they would be interested in tracking.  all that said, there is no question when those things are right, they are 100% badass.  

1 minute ago, pepper brooks said:

I don't believe you 😉  X5M with 100k miles and never been to the dealer?  You at least had to take it in for scheduled maintenance every 7500 miles or so, and I am guessing they definitely found some items replaced under warranty along the way.  you should sell that thing back to them for some form of study because it is unquestionably an anomaly they would be interested in tracking.  all that said, there is no question when those things are right, they are 100% badass.  

I do everything in house.

Honestly, every one I have talked to with an F85 has said the same thing. Night and day from the E70.

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

I do everything in house.

Honestly, every one I have talked to with an F85 has said the same thing. Night and day from the E70.

Friend of mine has an X6M and he loves the shit out of it.  Hasn't ever been in for anything other than routine maintenance that I'm aware of.

21 hours ago, G650 said:

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 8:17 AM, G650 said:

GM has lost the plot the past decade. Their trucks are hot garbage. Even all the die hard Chevy guys that work for me ask for Fords now.

Those must be the same die hard Chevy guys who keep putting their Chevy powerplants in Ford bodies at the drag strip.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:28 AM, pepper brooks said:

and it's way past time for someone in here to buy something cool, and post some pictures.  c'mon people.  

I don't know how. Otherwise I would have posted a pic of the car I got in summer, in the classics thread. I posted pics of my 1968 Buick Riviera on the old site. 

Not really considering that ass wipe in the m3 overcrowded his space. 
We all park this way in our garage. I’m usually the one parking against the wall in my truck given how wide it is and how narrow the spaces. The spaces are literally as wide as a Mini Cooper. Maybe. 
It was a joke. I also park that way and our overzealous security has been known to leave 'tickets' on cars for it.
  • Like 1

Went and drove an E63s over the weekend and I've got to say I was disappointed.  Interior felt a little cramped but materials were phenomenal (especially the flatscreen display), but the ride was overly harsh, even in comfort mode, and it didn't feel any faster than my S6.  I almost wonder if something was wrong with it.  I was expecting to love it and came away feeling just meh.  Anyone else been behind the wheel of one of those?  I also stopped by the Porsche dealer to check out a Panamera GTS but they are apparently hard to come by.

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

the attachment of the wing looks really weird . thats why the gt3 touring pack looks cool

Touring package is so clean.  But either way,  if you're getting a GT3, you have to get a unique PTS color.  Silver and red don't do that car justice.

• Like 1

Not exactly exotic, but damned if Honda didn't knock it out of the park with their new civic/accord body styles. See one in my parking garage daily and still can't believe it's a Honda. 

Also really like what Toyota did with the RAV4, looks almost Range Rover-ish. 

Trading in the Aventador S for the SVJ.  Set the record at Nuremberg.  Pumped

Still not pulling the trigger on the Singer but their wait time on a build is back to 18 months.  Was well over 2 years for a good while.  

And that mean green 911 is sweet.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Trading in the Aventador S for the SVJ.  Set the record at Nuremberg.  Pumped

Still not pulling the trigger on the Singer but their wait time on a build is back to 18 months.  Was well over 2 years for a good while.  

And that mean green 911 is sweet.  

That's easy when there's no track.

SVJ still the fastest street legal production car lap.  Crazy how much faster these road legal cars are getting after the 918 Spyder record looked like it would last a long time only 5 years ago.  I don’t understand how that ALA wing works, but it sure as shit seems like it works.

We had our car show here in Pittsburgh over the weekend. So I went Friday, before the crowds of kids. I was astounded by just how much SUVs cost now. A new Navigator, $102,000 for the one displayed. A Land Cruiser starting at around $84,000. A Suburban for $82,000. Even the new Subaru was shown at $42,000.

The show also highlighted just how many really nice cars there are now. It's really hard to find a total crap car.