Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

On 2/8/2024 at 1:08 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Honestly, I wouldn't judge ticket prices for next year based off last years for two reasons. One of those being the success we had last year and the other being the 1st year in the SEC.

On 2/8/2024 at 1:13 PM, TrashMaster G said:

We also have a 7th home game this year. 

On 2/8/2024 at 1:14 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

True I forgot about that. Having that extra home game a year is going to be huge especially if SEC continues with the 8 conference games. Also said game should NEVER be played anywhere but home.

My renewal is actually a lower per game price this year. Thanks Biden.

29 minutes ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Just logged in and not seeing the option for OU tickets.  Remind me, was that a separate option last year, I honestly can't remember, galloping senility is taking over.

Separate and offered later depending upon giving level. Same for single away games like UM. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m just pumped about Saturdays at DKR during football season from this year moving forward. There are going to be some epic matches here in ATX. I’ve waited many years, like a lot of us, for the type of schedules we are seeing now for home games.

LFG!

\m/

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Tailgate said:

I’m just pumped about Saturdays at DKR during football season from this year moving forward. There are going to be some epic matches here in ATX. I’ve waited many years, like a lot of us, for the type of schedules we are seeing now for home games.

LFG!

\m/

Really need the ninth SEC game and for them to rebalance the A&M and Arkansas home/away years. The home schedule this year is Georgia and the six dwarves.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Really need the ninth SEC game and for them to rebalance the A&M and Arkansas home/away years. The home schedule this year is Georgia and the six dwarves.

I aint complaining because 1) it's worlds better than the Big12 slate we've been getting and 2) we're set up nicely to contend for the SEC championship with our first schedule.

I really hope that we don't give up on scheduling the marquee OOC game.  Bobby was talking about how when we go to the 9 game SEC schedule we should only schedule creampuffs OOC.  Meh, I really like have the opportunity to play another helmet school home and home and go check out some new venues.  I think the first few years of the 12 team CFP will be informative.  If a P2 team can lose 2 in conference and 1 marquee OOC and still get in as 9-3 with credit for SOS, we'll get the good OOC matchups.  If that team is left out for the first two or three years for a Big12 or ACC non-champ, I think we'll see ADs schedule creampuffs to eternity. :( 

Edited by Horn of Gabriel
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Florida and Kentucky seem better than the same old shit we've been getting.  jmo.

The away game secondary market for us is gonna be crazy.  we have 5 away/neutral games and all of them have a priority limit.  Even Vandy.

We are going to drive up other SEC teams season ticket sales just on our own.

56 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Florida and Kentucky seem better than the same old shit we've been getting.  jmo.

Florida in a normal year is gonna be a big game. just happen to be down now.

Kentucky is basically OK State but at least it is different.

14 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Still like those two better than Kansas and OK St.   Been there and sone that...

On 2/15/2024 at 2:54 PM, cochamps said:

On 2/15/2024 at 3:55 PM, dcar00 said:

On 2/16/2024 at 6:56 AM, cochamps said:

Still like those two better than Kansas and OK St.   Been there and sone that...

This is honestly fantastic evidence of the power of brands in CFB. Kansas + OSU >> Florida + Kentucky on the field the past couple years. OSU especially, the typical Gundy OSU team over the past 15 years would be the third or fourth best team on Texas's schedule this coming season while Kentucky and Florida will be also rans. Over that time OSU would be the tougher opponent over Florida more often than not. But because Florida is a helmet school and Kentucky is SECSECSEC we get takes like these.

Not wrong of course - ultimately it's a purely subjective matter - just interesting to see play out after years of us bashing the SEC as overrated on this site.

• Hook 'Em 1

OK, i am going to probably come off as a penny pinching rube here, but I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and have never made a donation - just payed the base price on the invoice. Been in the same 4 seats for about 10 years and happy.

Section 102 between rows 18-40, so in Tier 3.

is that somehow different this year? Now to get my same seats, i need to pay $385 and $150 per seat to keep my seat location? If i dont pay the additional $150, i get pushed to Tier 4?

i find the whole seat donation thing intentionally vague.

Edited by yoladu

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

OK, i am going to probably come off as a penny pinching rube here, but I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and have never made a donation - just payed the base price on the invoice. Been in the same 4 seats for about 10 years and happy.

Section 102 between rows 18-40, so in Tier 3.

is that somehow different this year? Now to get my same seats, i need to pay $385 and $150 per seat to keep my seat location? If i dont pay the additional $150, i get pushed to Tier 4?

i find the whole seat donation thing intentionally vague.

Nothing vague about it; they’re going to make you start paying a donation to keep your seats or they’re going to downgrade them.

Thank you for using Tex - goodbye, and good luck!

On 2/16/2024 at 6:56 AM, cochamps said:

I'd much rather see Kansas or Ok St than Kentucky.  That's a shitty, boring football team.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:00 PM, gmr548 said:

Not wrong of course - ultimately it's a purely subjective matter - just interesting to see play out after years of us bashing the SEC as overrated on this site.

interesting is one word for it.  I'd call it aggy af

On 2/15/2024 at 3:50 PM, dcar00 said:

The away game secondary market for us is gonna be crazy.  we have 5 away/neutral games and all of them have a priority limit.  Even Vandy.

We are going to drive up other SEC teams season ticket sales just on our own.

I looked into Vandy season tickets. They also play Bama at home this year. It makes sense to me to buy for the Texas game and sell for the rest. Bama fans usually turn up for the game in Nasheville.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is honestly fantastic evidence of the power of brands in CFB. Kansas + OSU >> Florida + Kentucky on the field the past couple years. OSU especially, the typical Gundy OSU team over the past 15 years would be the third or fourth best team on Texas's schedule this coming season while Kentucky and Florida will be also rans. Over that time OSU would be the tougher opponent over Florida more often than not. But because Florida is a helmet school and Kentucky is SECSECSEC we get takes like these.

You mean to tell me that brands are a powerful intangible when it comes to consumer spending? Weird. 

Kansas has been an embarrassing shitpile of a program for decades. Mangino gave them a reprieve and Leipold has barely started doing the same. Kentucky has been a far better program for the last decade. KU is not a better team on the field than UK by any measurable amount at the moment, and the UK brand simply outweighs that of Kansas. Sure, it's all subjective, but it is not "aggie af" as someone else implied to prefer playing Kentucky. They're new, they've been decent for awhile, they have a solid college brand, and, God forbid, losing to them at some point is less likely to be a national story due to the fact that haven't been the worst team in P5/P4 damned near perennially for most of the last 30 years.

Arguing that Okie State is a better game than UF is tautology. Sure, Gundy's put out a more consistent product, but when UF is good, they're covered nationally. Further, Texas fans have ever fucking reason there could be for happily putting OSU in the rearview mirror. And we get to trade that program for Florida, who is also down right now? It's fucking absurd to make the argument that we all shouldn't be more excited about that matchup. Stating otherwise is a laughable take. 

You have a habit of attempting to remove the notion of emotion from what drives behavior among players, coaches, admins, and fans when discussing CFB. That serves no purpose. The outcomes are not derived inside of some clean dataroom. 

11 hours ago, Tex48 said:

I looked into Vandy season tickets. They also play Bama at home this year. It makes sense to me to buy for the Texas game and sell for the rest. Bama fans usually turn up for the game in Nasheville.

How much are they on sale for at decent seating levels?

11 hours ago, Tex48 said:

This is what I did for the Michigan game this year. Hoping it works out. They haven’t announced the cost of the season tickets yet.

Not sure what the secondary market is for Vandy games? When I went to college there, games always had lots of empty seats. 

18 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

out of curiosity, anyone know what it takes to be in a suite ? (they've had it for many many years) 

I heard the “seat donation” on one in the last couple years was 100k a year with a 10yr commit. + the cost fo the tickets (and catering) I assume 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I heard the “seat donation” on one in the last couple years was 100k a year with a 10yr commit. + the cost fo the tickets (and catering) I assume 

That’s the catch - on its face it’s dirt cheap but the catering is where they get you….

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1

my comment WAS actually about the brands. OK State has been better than Kentucky and Florida.  Kentucky's "brand" really is not much different(yes due to SECSEC).  

Florida since Spurrier and Meyer is always going to be a "big" game. The Florida recruiting aspect is there as well.

On 2/22/2024 at 9:27 AM, closetojumping said:

You mean to tell me that brands are a powerful intangible when it comes to consumer spending? Weird. 

Kansas has been an embarrassing shitpile of a program for decades. Mangino gave them a reprieve and Leipold has barely started doing the same. Kentucky has been a far better program for the last decade. KU is not a better team on the field than UK by any measurable amount at the moment, and the UK brand simply outweighs that of Kansas. Sure, it's all subjective, but it is not "aggie af" as someone else implied to prefer playing Kentucky. They're new, they've been decent for awhile, they have a solid college brand, and, God forbid, losing to them at some point is less likely to be a national story due to the fact that haven't been the worst team in P5/P4 damned near perennially for most of the last 30 years.

Arguing that Okie State is a better game than UF is tautology. Sure, Gundy's put out a more consistent product, but when UF is good, they're covered nationally. Further, Texas fans have ever fucking reason there could be for happily putting OSU in the rearview mirror. And we get to trade that program for Florida, who is also down right now? It's fucking absurd to make the argument that we all shouldn't be more excited about that matchup. Stating otherwise is a laughable take. 

You have a habit of attempting to remove the notion of emotion from what drives behavior among players, coaches, admins, and fans when discussing CFB. That serves no purpose. The outcomes are not derived inside of some clean dataroom. 

How much are they on sale for at decent seating levels?

They’re as cheap as $240 a seat if you want to be row 20 and higher on the visiting 25 yardline

On 2/21/2024 at 10:42 PM, tx 3 putt said:

out of curiosity, anyone know what it takes to be in a suite ? (they've had it for many many years) 

I asked this year … I was told by LHF you have to have $1MM of lifetime donations to even get on a waiting list for a suite currently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, hornian said:

I asked this year … I was told by LHF you have to have $1MM of lifetime donations to even get on a waiting list for a suite currently. 

I have zero doubts they’re well past that. I bet they’ve had that suite since the 80’s

This is what I did for the Michigan game this year. Hoping it works out. They haven’t announced the cost of the season tickets yet.

Not sure what the secondary market is for Vandy games? When I went to college there, games always had lots of empty seats. 

How do you get Michigan season tickets? I did the same when Texas and USC played. Obviously couldn’t sell my tickets for any other games because nobody goes to USC games.

Any thoughts on how much the tickets are gonna cost on the secondary market for Texas vs Michigan?

• 3 weeks later...

God dammit the renewal website is a beating.

Kept getting "unable to process your request, click here to continue", clicked on the click here, got sent to a non existent domain.

Clicked on log out, got the same unable to process message.

closed window, tried again, didn't work

closed window, went to incognito mode, got one step further in the process before getting same shit

closed that window, tried again, got through.

I'd get fired if I built a piece of shit website like this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

While we’re airing our grievances, I hate the way the tickets show up on my homescreen as UTA and the app is on my phone as TexasLongh…

Tickets should say “Texas Football” “Texas Basketball” etc. and the app title should just say “Texas”.

I don’t know if there are reasons for these to be that way, but they annoy me. Fix this shit Rich.

22 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Kept getting "unable to process your request, click here to continue", clicked on the click here, got sent to a non existent domain.

closed window, went to incognito mode, got one step further in the process before getting same shit

Not if you worked for Belmont.

So, go work for Belmont. 

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Just call in to the Ticket office - 512-471-3333

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

Just call in to the Ticket office - 512-471-3333

Thanks for posting the number. I couldn’t find it anywhere on the web site. Poor lady sounded beaten down but renewal complete.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Goddamn this.  I don't know how many times it crashed on me.  I finally got to the end where I entered my payment info and then it crashed again.  I wasn't sure if my renewal went through or not.  I got an email thanking me for being patient enough to endure their crappy ass website, so I'm assuming the renewal went through.  Fuck, I'm beginning to think the whole site was designed so people couldn't renew their tickets.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

I renewed two weeks ago by calling the number direct:
512-471-3333

Had to wait on hold for about five minutes with “Texas Fight” blowing my eardrum out until Edward answered and processed our renewal in another five minutes.

Easy Peasy 

5 hours ago, blacklab said:

Got the same errors using Safari.  Switched to Chrome and it worked.

2 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Got the same errors using Safari.  Switched to Chrome and it worked.

I was told there are issues with safari, switched to chrome and it all worked for me as well. 

14 hours ago, blacklab said:

I’ve been bitching for 20+ years about every iteration of the Texas Athletics website. I’ve made donations and purchased tickets without issue on DII athletic websites, and they are easier to navigate. Most of the other websites must use a common template, because they almost all look similar, and they don’t direct you to another crappy website for tickets and donations. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor