Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Because Trump would have totally gone quietly on Twitter had he lost.

I know, right?  The fucker had to shelve his planned breitbart tv when he won. He was planning on cranking it up to 11 after losing. 

Hillary is playing it wrong though. No need for her milquetoast shit anymore. She should straight up troll the right wing now. Show up at their events. Fuck with them.  However, she can never drop her campaign persona. Mostly because she's not actually the bitch she's made out to be.  But since she can't play the current game, she should hang up her cleats. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Anything negative is fake. That’s not scary at all Coming from the President.

And also anyone reporting anything negative about the President should lose their credentials.  That seems safe.  But at least the Tahoes of the world can be happy that the president isn't black.  

• Like 4

Hey Haspel, fuck you and your claims of having a moral compass. You sacrificed that by taking part in an immoral enterprise. Sorry about your luck but your career should go in the shitter along with any morals you ever claimed to have. The last president you should ever work for is one who claims torture works and that he wants to bring it back and there is absolutely no reason to assume you won't compromise your so called morals again if he decides to do so.

Edited by WhatTheBuck
I accidentally said "do do."

15 minutes ago, retread said:

10 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I guess Boeing forgot to deliver their payoff to Michael Cohen. 

In other news, Tupelov tooling up for huge order. Thanks, Obama!

Hey Rubio, many of us weren't using the benefit of hindsight when we opposed the use of torture from the moment our last fascist government proposed it you dumbfuck! That's not who we are and it didn't take a genius to know that at the time. Fuck you too, you traitor. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I guess Boeing forgot to deliver their payoff to Michael Cohen. 

The fact that Iran even considered buying US planes now surprised me.  If Iran ever considers buying US planes again in the future would absolutely shock me.  Another long term customer for Airbus and others.  MAGA!

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hey Rubio, many of us weren't using the benefit of hindsight when we opposed the use of torture from the moment our last fascist government proposed it you dumbfuck! That's not who we are and it didn't take a genius to know that at the time. Fuck you too, you traitor. 

What you need to understand is that the values we have in 2018 are so dramatically different than those of 2000, it is unethical to hold us to modern accountability./Bob Stoops. 

• Like 2

No, Gina, it wasn't tough to know who committed the 9/11 attacks. I knew that day who committed them and that we were going to have to invade Afghanistan. I also knew that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with it but that Bush/Cheney would implicate him in the 9/11 attacks in order to sell a policy that had already been decided upon long before. 

Tom Cotton is now so excited to have the mic that he can't even bother waiting for an answer. 

I hate Cotton so much more than Trump.  Maybe even more than Cruz.  

He does have a decent point though that Dems don't actually care that much about torture.  

Edited by Fozzz

Gina says we got good intelligence from top al Qaeda operatives but that it's "not knowable" if torture had anything to do with it. (If she could possibly credit the torture, she would.)

Cornyn being a partisan hack saying Haspel would've been confirmed easily if Obama had nominated her.

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Gina says we got good intelligence from top al Qaeda operatives but that it's "not knowable" if torture had anything to do with it. (If she could possibly credit the torture, she would.)

Cornyn being a partisan hack saying Haspel would've been confirmed easily if Obama had nominated her.

Any Senate Republican that bitches about partisanship should be tarred and feathered.

Historian: Trump's style of governance classifies as "sadopopulism".

https://www.salon.com/2018/05/09/timothy-snyder-on-trumps-campaign-against-democracy-he-is-deliberately-hurting-white-people/

“Sadopopulism” is the notion that you’re doing half of populism. You promise people things, but then when you get power you have no intention of even trying to implement any policy on behalf of the people. Instead, you deliberately make the suffering worse for your critical constituency. The people who got Trump into office, for example, are traditional Republican voters plus people in counties who are doing badly in terms of health care and other measures, and who need help. 

Under Trump, of course, things will just get worse in terms of both the opioid addictions and in terms of wealth inequality. But that’s OK, because the logic of sadopopulism is that pain is a resource. Sadopopulist leaders like Trump use that pain to create a story about who’s actually at fault. The way politics works in that model is that government doesn’t solve your problems, it blames your problems on other people — and it creates the cycle that goes around over and over and over again. I started talking about sadopopulism because I got tired of people talking about populism. 

It just seems like “populism” doesn’t capture a specific American racial and oligarchic situation where people like Trump come to power, promising that the government is going to do something and then, in power, deliberately do nothing positive. 

Not so long ago the currency of government was achievement. Government had to do something. Now, the currency of government is discourse. Government has to make you feel worse about people around you. That’s an achievement. 

One of the truths that is rarely stated in American public discourse is that the welfare state exists to sustain a more or less politically reasonable middle class. You break the welfare state in this country in order to make the white people crazy. You don’t do it to punish the black people. That’s what you say you’re doing — and maybe you take a pleasure in doing that. But ultimately what you’re doing when you break the welfare state in this country is that you’re hurting white people. Trump and his allies can then direct that vulnerability for political ends.

Edited by Mapache
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

I hate Cotton so much more than Trump.  Maybe even more than Cruz.  

He does have a decent point though that Dems don't actually care that much about torture.  

I always laugh at the "Cotton Doctrine."  He takes it very seriously and has obviously put a lot of time and thought to it but it boils down to he's always for military intervention except when a Democrat did it.  It really is that simple.

remember the W tenure.  by like the 7th year, everyone was fucking ready for a changed.  everyone was fucking exhausted.

we're only 1.5 years into trumps presidency and everyone is fucking ready for a change.  there may be 1% of the US population still undecided.  most everyone has already made up their minds on voting for anyone besides trump or for trump in 2020.  i doubt he runs.

after all the insane shit from trump's 1.5 years, people who continue to stand by trump aren't changing their minds no matter what the fuck he does.  he could get caught on video blowing putin and these numbnuts still wouldn't change their vote or regret voting for him.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

most everyone has already made up their minds on voting for anyone besides trump or for trump in 2020.  i doubt he runs.

He filed for reelection nearly a year ago.

If I were Hillary I’d go scorched earth on Trump 24/7, consequences be damned.  Y’all want her to shut up and go away but Trump calls for her arrest every other fucking week.  Fuck that dude.

We are fortunate Hillary has been as gracious a loser as she has been given all the circumstances surrounding the election.  She could be so much worse.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

She’d hurt her party if she was loud right now. 

Not just her party, but the country and she knows it.

She called Trump a Putin Puppet to his face.  

Everything she said about Trump during the campaign has checked out.  Deplorables, unfitness, racism, misogyny, and Russian interference.

Turns out she was the one telling it like it is and she was punished for it.

The hypocrisy is remarkable.

27 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

after all the insane shit from trump's 1.5 years, people who continue to stand by trump aren't changing their minds no matter what the fuck he does.  he could get caught on video blowing putin and these numbnuts still wouldn't change their vote or regret voting for him.  

Nobody has been tougher on Russia than me. Sure I sucked his dick and swallowed, but I flat out refused to suck his balls.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If I were Hillary I’d go scorched earth on Trump 24/7, consequences be damned.  Y’all want her to shut up and go away but Trump calls for her arrest every other fucking week.  Fuck that dude.

We are fortunate Hillary has been as gracious a loser as she has been given all the circumstances surrounding the election.  She could be so much worse.

The loser is supposed to be gracious in their loss, it's part the tradition of the peaceful transfer of power. This is something that is expected and not something we should be grateful for a losing candidate doing.

Yes, Trump is violating all the norms but just because he shoves hamsters up his ass doesn't mean we should be grateful Hilary doesn't shove hamsters up her ass. Treat Trump as an aberration not as the new standard.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not just her party, but the country and she knows it.

She called Trump a Putin Puppet to his face.  

Everything she said about Trump during the campaign has checked out.  Deplorables, unfitness, racism, misogyny, and Russian interference.

Turns out she was the one telling it like it is and she was punished for it.

The hypocrisy is remarkable.

This is all true, but...

46 minutes ago, F250 said:

The loser is supposed to be gracious in their loss, it's part the tradition of the peaceful transfer of power. This is something that is expected and not something we should be grateful for a losing candidate doing.

Yes, Trump is violating all the norms but just because he shoves hamsters up his ass doesn't mean we should be grateful Hilary doesn't shove hamsters up her ass. Treat Trump as an aberration not as the new standard.

This is the correct answer.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

I wonder how Trump is going to act when he loses.

Should be interesting.