Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Welcome to the real world, where the driver of the bus gets the credit; just like Bush with the stock crash and Obama with the Bin Laden kill. 

those guys drove the bus. Trump is taking credit while not even being on the bus. A better comparison in "never happened world" would be: 

if Obama started crowing about killing Bin Laden, when the special forces who did the work were German.

I just heard John Brennan being interviewed on NPR. He was mainly discussing Trump's treatment of the Intelligence Community but the conversation got a little awkward at the end.

Brennan stated that the CIA does not break the law. The NPR interviewer replied "but the CIA does steal secrets overseas". Brennan replied, yes but the CIA isn't breaking the law in the U.S. His answer made sense, it's international espionage. But then he said, the CIA doesn't break the law, it doesn't kill people, like some are saying.

NPR interviewer: well the CIA has committed targeted assassinations in its history. Drone strikes for example.

Brennan: No, the CIA doesn't kill people.

NPR interviewer: but...

Brennan: The CIA has never publicly acknowledged any assassinations and hasn't broken U.S. law. If it had, well I wouldn't be acknowledging it, the CIA hasn't broken the law.

Awkward silence....

NPR interviewer: Thank you for ...

Trump is using the IC conspiracy as a smoke screen but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be extremely skeptical of the IC.

1 hour ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

I didnt celebrate that North Korea is denuclearized, I am celebrating an end to a war and renewed diplomacy between North and South Korea. I definitely think it is something to celebrate. Im sorry you dont see it that way, the Koreans sure do. 

Oh shit, I must have missed the signed treaty that supercedes the Korean armistice agreement.

In that case congratulations.

It will be interesting to see how the US, China, and Russia jockey for influence in the peace process. You already have a major wild card in North Korea, and once you insert those three countries into the mix, each with their own agendas, the whole thing can get sideways in a hurry. Everybody should view the recent developments as positive, but there are a hell of a lot of hurdles to clear before anything of substance is accomplished. 

The only approach that makes sense right now is to wait and see. There will be plenty of time for credit or blame when we actually see what happens.   The premature declarations of victory and Nobel prizes just betray an insecurity that right now is the best it will get.

I hope Trump is a wizard and gets NK to irrationally give up their nukes after ignoring his threats for a year to finish developing them.   I fear he's going to give them the house as long as they let him slap his name on it, like everything he's ever done.   That's how the chess pieces appear to be unfolding.  But I want to be wrong. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

These.

The entire reason these meetings are happening is because the DPRK finally feels secure enough to meet with outside powers on something of an equal footing.  And the reason they feel that way is because they have functioning and deliverable nukes.  A cornered dog thinks only of how to bite you.  Once he's out of the corner, you can live in peace.  But that dog is not going back to its corner, ever.  And it ain't giving up its teeth.

My prediction:

- official state of war ends.

- DPRK is acknowledged as a nation by South Korea and perhaps others.

- DPRK keeps its nukes.

- DPRK uses its new status as "not your enemy" to push and push for the US to leave the Korean peninsula.

- eventually, they succeed.

- The winner?  CHINA.

And, in fairness to Trump, based on the DPRK's dedication to developing its nuclear program that preceded him, and continued under him, this was going to be the outcome all along.  He couldn't have stopped it -- not without total war.

China would be a winner except that NK keeping it's nukes will lead to Japan and South Korea developing their own. Some politicians in both countries are already calling for developing their own. China won't want that. If the USA staying in SK/Japan keeps SK and Japan from developing nukes China will live with the USA in SK and Japan.

2 hours ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

I didnt celebrate that North Korea is denuclearized, I am celebrating an end to a war and renewed diplomacy between North and South Korea. I definitely think it is something to celebrate. Im sorry you dont see it that way, the Koreans sure do. 

There as always been diplomacy between them. The DMZ is where they do it. They have a building there specifically for that purpose. The stance of the diplomacy between them would be what changes.

Celebrating the official end of the conflict is great, if it happens. The South Koreans I work with were all excited yesterday when the meetings began for that reason. For the South Koreans it would be like their crazy, sometimes violent brother finally going on meds. They can sleep a little easier at night. 

I'm cautiously optimistic which is the state everyone should be. Keep in mind what happened from 1994-1998 after the Agreed Framework went into effect. When it came time for the US to hold up their end of the deal, the Republican Congress chose to renege on the deal and drag their feet despite President Clinton's requests and as expected the North Koreans not only resumed their nuclear program but did it at a much faster rate. There is time for Congress to fuck it up, time for the President to fuck it up, time for the North Koreans to fuck it up, time for the South Koreans to fuck it up, time for the Chinese to fuck it up, and time for some other power or unforeseen flashpoint to fuck it up. For something like this, where the ink hasn't even been put to paper, let alone dried, it is way too early to be anything but cautiously optimistic (ok, technically they did have the Panmunjom Accords, but that's basically just a promise they'll sign an accord in the future to end the war which is about as useful as a recruit's commitment a year before NSD; yeah maybe he stays, but maybe he decommits three times between now and NSD too). I am happy that at least thus far, President Trump's gambit seems to have worked.

• Like 2

Russian Lawyer Admits To Repeatedly Informing Kremlin Of Trump Campaign's Ineptitude

MOSCOW—Confessing that her relationship with the Putin government was closer than previously disclosed, Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya admitted Friday to repeated and frequent communication with the Kremlin concerning the Trump campaign’s “unprecedented, colossal, and towering” ineptitude. 

“On numerous occasions, I notified the [Russian federal security service] FSB on matters pertaining to the Trump campaign’s breathtaking incompetence,” said Veselnitskaya, divulging that she even spoke with Putin himself, who completely agreed with her assessment of Donald Trump Jr. as an amateurish dolt capable of bungling even the most rudimentary tasks. 

“Moreover, I sent thousands of files relating to incidents, occasions, and events during which the Trump campaign demonstrated that its staff consisted of clueless dipshits totally oblivious to the treason they consistently committed against the United States at almost every given opportunity. I would not characterize the FSB’s reaction as one of surprise.” 

Veselnitskaya confirmed that she eventually broke ties with the Trump campaign, citing concerns that the bumbling jackasses in charge would fuck up everything Russia was working towards, choosing instead to concentrate her efforts on “the ruthless Machiavellian savants” of the National Rifle Association. 

https://politics.theonion.com/russian-lawyer-admits-to-repeatedly-informing-kremlin-o-1825612874 
Edited by Mapache

41 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Now I’m convinced. 

Councel isn’t a word. 

When you’re scared shitless while trying to take a shit, sometimes your fat fingers get in the way. 

Although it’s telling that his autocorrect was working so hard that it didn’t catch that. 

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

When you’re scared shitless while trying to take a shit, sometimes your fat fingers get in the way. 

Although it’s telling that his autocorrect was working so hard that it didn’t catch that. 

Based on payments and lies is funny as f'k too.  Kudos Trump, well played.  3-d cheese.   

Edited by Mdhorn

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump's autocorrect took his own life six months ago. 

xdlTj.jpg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Trump turned on the Paralympics, took one look at the athletes who compete, and was inspired to change the channel back to Fox News. 

There's something mentally wrong with him.  He's supposed to keep that in his head and instead projectiles it right out of his pie hole.  He's bright enough to make actual sentences but not filter them for thought.  Wish he had just a fraction of actual class and leadership. But maybe the right is into promoting making fun of para athletes and disadvantaged people.  Paul Ryan fired the House chaplain for not going all in on his tax cuts for the rich so who the hell knows whats wrong with them.  Just when you think they can't get any lower, their surprisingly sub terrestrial tunneling super powers kick in.  

Edited by Mdhorn

5 hours ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Hey, its 4th&Five, the guy who paraded around his young daughter as an activist at the women's march! Somebody get this guy a safe space stat!

Wait, is this supposed to be a cutting response?   Because he didn't talk about his daughters breasts or dating her so I'll take 4th&Five and let you explain to yours all that and grabbing them by the pussy or hanging around dressing room beauty pageants.  I feel bad cleaning the cat box because I don't like disturbing your buried family members is an insult.  But the silver lining is that they're all reunited in the big bin outside.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Mapache said:

Russian Lawyer Admits To Repeatedly Informing Kremlin Of Trump Campaign's Ineptitude

MOSCOW—Confessing that her relationship with the Putin government was closer than previously disclosed, Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya admitted Friday to repeated and frequent communication with the Kremlin concerning the Trump campaign’s “unprecedented, colossal, and towering” ineptitude. 

“On numerous occasions, I notified the [Russian federal security service] FSB on matters pertaining to the Trump campaign’s breathtaking incompetence,” said Veselnitskaya, divulging that she even spoke with Putin himself, who completely agreed with her assessment of Donald Trump Jr. as an amateurish dolt capable of bungling even the most rudimentary tasks. 

“Moreover, I sent thousands of files relating to incidents, occasions, and events during which the Trump campaign demonstrated that its staff consisted of clueless dipshits totally oblivious to the treason they consistently committed against the United States at almost every given opportunity. I would not characterize the FSB’s reaction as one of surprise.” 

Veselnitskaya confirmed that she eventually broke ties with the Trump campaign, citing concerns that the bumbling jackasses in charge would fuck up everything Russia was working towards, choosing instead to concentrate her efforts on “the ruthless Machiavellian savants” of the National Rifle Association. 

https://politics.theonion.com/russian-lawyer-admits-to-repeatedly-informing-kremlin-o-1825612874 

If you asked me if this came from the Washington Post or The Onion, I’d guess The Post every time.  Truly a fascinating time to be alive...

Edited by ChiTownDoc

6 hours ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Time will tell. Regardless, we should be happy progress towards calming a rogue nuclear state is being made. 

So we want it to just be a nuclear state, but not rogue?  These are their terms, dumbass. Because they have functional nukes now. We should give them nothing. Let them prance.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Here is a list of all the nations that developed nukes and then gave them up

South Africa actually did develop a few nukes and then later dismantled them and abandoned their nuke program.  But yes, it’s a very short list and I can’t imagine Kim ever doing so. 

A few months ago it was hard to imagine Kim coming to the DMZ, holding hands with moon, and dancing across the border. I am not sure where this all goes, but I think that we should be guardedly optimistic. The signals here are better than the recent and longer term status quo. 

• Like 2