Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Ok I’ll concede Hitler and a few party leaders knew.  But they sure as fuck didn’t announce it ‘day 1’.  

You know what Miller and Trump are actually thinking?  Please fill us in.  

We know Miller and Trumo aren’t thinking “what would human beings with a heart think of us separating parents from little kids.”

It’s amazing that Perry and DeVos are not the most embarrassing aspects of this administration 

Trump has already made clear that he would support killing innocent people in the name of national security.  He's said that we should kill the families of terrorists as a deterrence measure.   When someone tells you something like that, you should believe them.   And when someone like that starts building mass internment camps in the name of national security, you shouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt. 

"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families," Trump said.

President Trump reportedly asked the CIA why it waited until a terror target’s family left the building before launching a drone missile strike against him.

“Why did you wait?” the president asked, according to the Washington Post, after being shown a video of an earlier strike in Syria by the ISIS-fighting spooks.

The CIA’s head of drone operations told the commander-in-chief that the agency’s goal was to minimize civilian casualties, an explanation that left Trump “unimpressed,” the paper reported.

Trump’s fans tend to express little regard for political norms. They cheer at his most outlandish statements. O’Reilly asked Trump if he meant it when he said that he would "take out" the family members of terrorists. He didn’t believe that Trump would "put out hits on women and children" if he were elected. Trump replied, "I would do pretty severe stuff." The Mesa crowd erupted in applause. "Yeah, baby!" a man near me yelled. I had never previously been to a political event at which people cheered for the murder of women and children.

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s amazing that Perry and DeVos are not the most embarrassing aspects of this administration 

On the morning of January 20, 2017 had anyone offered the proposition that the least embarrassing person and actions associated with the Trump presidency would be associated with Rick Perry, no one would have taken the bet.

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Ok I’ll concede Hitler and a few party leaders knew.  But they sure as fuck didn’t announce it ‘day 1’.  

You know what Miller and Trump are actually thinking?  Please fill us in.  

This is pointless to argue I guess.  Let’s just say I think we’re wayyyyyyy fucking farther away from indefinitely detaining and then exterminating large numbers of illegal immigrants than 99% of the posters here. 

Honestly the Hitler/Trump comparison are an insult to Hitler.  He’s one of world history’s truly evil people.  I thought Trump was a shitty businessman, terrible deal maker, and generally incompetent person who can’t get anything done.  How is he gonna convince an entire population whose never performed a genocide before to do it?  Puhleeze.   

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He is such a piece of shit. How about holding a press conference for illegal immigrants that are victims of violence by citizens of this country? Much of which goes unofficially reported due to their fear of deportation. 

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We’ve got a small family reunion planned for Oklahoma in August.  About half Okies, a quarter Arkies, and a quarter Texans, Kansans, and Missourians.   Toss in a family from Tennessee. 

My wife has it circled in a red that is...angry is a good description. 

At least I can turn on a TV, tell everybody that Fox News is on and going to talk about Trump, and my family can have the homemade ice cream to ourselves for a while. 

Is it at Uncle Slayton's again this year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This is pointless to argue I guess.  Let’s just say I think we’re wayyyyyyy fucking farther away from indefinitely detaining and then exterminating large numbers of illegal immigrants than 99% of the posters here. 

Honestly the Hitler/Trump comparison are an insult to Hitler.  He’s one of world history’s truly evil people.  I thought Trump was a shitty businessman, terrible deal maker, and generally incompetent person who can’t get anything done.  How is he gonna convince an entire population whose never performed a genocide before to do it?  Puhleeze.   

He convinced half the country to elect him president despite all of those issues so...

How does any authoritarian move to genocide? It’s almost like they do it in steps. Weird.

Edited by hobbes2702

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yeah.  About that:

http://time.com/5319334/navy-detainment-centers-zerol-tolerance-immigration-family-separation-policy/

The U.S. Navy is preparing plans to construct sprawling detention centers for tens of thousands of immigrants on remote bases in California, Alabama and Arizona, escalating the military’s task in implementing President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy for people caught crossing the Southern border, according to a copy of a draft memo obtained by TIME.

The internal document, drafted for the Navy Secretary’s approval, signals how the military is anticipating its role in Trump’s immigration crackdown. The planning document indicates a potential growing military responsibility in an administration caught flat-footed in having to house waves of migrants awaiting civilian criminal proceedings. 

The Navy memo outlines plans to build “temporary and austere” tent cities to house 25,000 migrants at abandoned airfields just outside the Florida panhandle near Mobile, Alabama, at Navy Outlying Field Wolf in Orange Beach, Alabama, and nearby Navy Outlying Field Silverhill.

The memo also proposes a camp for as many as 47,000 people at former Naval Weapons Station Concord, near San Francisco; and another facility that could house as many as 47,000 people at Camp Pendleton, the Marines’ largest training facility located along the Southern California coast. The planning memo proposes further study of housing an undetermined number of migrants at the Marine Corps Air Station near Yuma, Arizona.

The planning document estimates that the Navy would spend about $233 million to construct and operate a facility for 25,000 people for a six-month time period. The proposal suggests these tent cities be built to last between six months and one year.

It's not suspicious at all that Congressmen are denied entrance to these facilities.

Over the next few weeks, as attention to the subject increased, other elected officials and journalists sought — and occasionally gained — access to facilities housing immigrant children. In some cases, though, members of Congress weren’t allowed to see facilities, even ones in their own districts. On Tuesday, Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) was denied access to a facility in his state when he tried to visit along with other legislators.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/06/21/legislators-were-turned-away-from-ice-detention-centers-the-administration-has-the-right-to-do-that/?utm_term=.af889f2077b0

• Like 1

Indefinitely detaining, maybe not, but so many of these people have to wait years before their case is heard before a judge. It doesn't have to be this way, 99% of those who were "released" with monitoring devices showed up on their court date.

20 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You are tacitly supporting an authoritarian administration. Are ok with this? This isn’t about a team and who’s winning and losing. This is about the heart and soul of America. Can you really say you’re happy with the direction this administration is taking us?

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You are tacitly supporting an authoritarian administration. Are ok with this? This isn’t about a team and who’s winning and losing. This is about the heart and soul of America. Can you really say you’re happy with the direction this administration is taking us?

Fake news brah.  Fake news.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

He’s not an authoritarian.  Deep down he definitely has some of those tendencies, but he’s not a Hitler in waiting imo.  Fortunately the founding fathers of this country created a structure of government that is resistant to those type of personalities making real headway, but over time it’s getting broken down.

It’s unfortunate that people on the left don’t see Trump as a real warning that the Executive Branch can get too powerful.  See my earlier comment about approving the NDAA. Either they don’t believe he’s really a threat or they just think they can do better once they get in there and don’t wanna mess up the game too much.  They’re missing their opportunity to try to roll back executive power that would benefit the country, but they won’t because again they’re massive hypocrites.

Trump isn’t an authoritarian and he doesn’t have those powers yet, but if we continue on the same path some President probably will some day and it well could be a Dem really wrecking the country how they see fit. 

• Fuck You 3

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Maybe Trump will stop doing what he's always done if Congress passes a law. 

Maybe.  Why don’t they pass a law so there’s something to hold him to?  You mean they wanna grandstand more and get more campaign contributions and milk people more?  Imagine my shock. 

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He’s not an authoritarian.  Deep down he definitely has some of those tendencies, but he’s not a Hitler in waiting imo.  Fortunately the founding fathers of this country created a structure of government that is resistant to those type of personalities making real headway, but over time it’s getting broken down.

It’s unfortunate that people on the left don’t see Trump as a real warning that the Executive Branch can get too powerful.  See my earlier comment about approving the NDAA. Either they don’t believe he’s really a threat or they just think they can do better once they get in there and don’t wanna mess up the game too much.  They’re missing their opportunity to try to roll back executive power that would benefit the country, but they won’t because again they’re massive hypocrites.

Trump isn’t an authoritarian and he doesn’t have those powers yet, but if we continue on the same path some President probably will some day and it well could be a Dem really wrecking the country how they see fit. 

On the off chance you're serious, da fuq?

He is most DEFINITELY an authoritarian.  Just because he is not yet wholly successful in taking over the country doesn't change what he is.  You can't simultaneously argue that he's evidence the Executive can get too much power AND that he's not really a threat.

Edited by jimmyjazz

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He is most DEFINITELY an authoritarian.  Just because he is not yet wholly successful in taking over the country doesn't change what he is.  You can't simultaneously argue that he's evidence the Executive can get too much power AND that he's not really a threat.

Of course I can argue that.

With each administration, especially ramping up with GWB, the executive branch had gained increasing power.  It doesn’t have enough power to make Trump a true authoritarian threat, but would you like him to have as much power as you probably wished Obama had when fighting with a Republican Congress?  I doubt it.  He should be seen as a warning.  I’m guessing the vast majority of Dems don’t see it as that. They just think they need to fix whatever he’s doing.  

Hell, the majority of what he’s doing policy wise that is pissing people off is reversing Obama executive orders or decisions. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

With each administration, especially ramping up with GWB, the executive branch had gained increasing power.  It doesn’t have enough power to make Trump a true authoritarian threat, but would you like him to have as much power as you probably wished Obama had when fighting with a Republican Congress?  I doubt it.  He should be seen as a warning.  I’m guessing the vast majority of Dems don’t see it as that. They just think they need to fix whatever he’s doing.  

Hell, the majority of what he’s doing policy wise that is pissing people off is reversing Obama executive orders or decisions. 

JIAoD4C.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

People like you think this is about policy, and you could not be more wrong.

It's about morality.  It's about ethics.  It's about everything that made this country great.  If you can't see that, you are part of the problem.  The consequences may indeed be dire.

Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Sanctions. Eventually he relented, but his initial response was "nope." As if that were an option. 

Ok.  So it wasn’t an option. And he was held to it. So your post was 🚮🚮🚮.  Move along. 

Point remains, work to pass something to address situation or don’t so you can milk it.

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The mental gymnastics in that post are gold medal worthy.

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

People like you think this is about policy, and you could not be more wrong.

It's about morality.  It's about ethics.  It's about everything that made this country great.  If you can't see that, you are part of the problem.  The consequences may indeed be dire.

This is word salad. 

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

GRHorn is one of the better trolls.  He’s not an idiot but he’s not entirely sincere.

Thanks I guess.  I’ve been sincere on this forum. I’ve believed everything I’ve written. I’ve admitted when I’ve had a couple things wrong. It happens. Although you wouldn’t know it from this forum.  

I started posting here because I thought the 180 from the old CR was fascinating.  I’ve been around in various names since old HF days.  I thought it was interesting to provide a good counter point where I could.  It does feel like it’s gotten wayyy more toxic than it was in past.

That’s due to a lot of factors, but there’s a lot of distrust.  Nobody believes anything anymore, and for good reason sometimes. When people look back I think they’ll see Ed Snowden and Wikileaks as two of the biggest things that pulled the veil back.  But they told the truth, so I think it needed to happen. We’ll see how it all shakes out. 

That kind of came outta nowhere but this tweet had me thinking.  

Irresponsible is a great word for how the media on both sides manipulates people. It’s a sad situation.  I don’t see how you ever get that trust back.  

With that, I’m gonna sign off and watch Dateline with the wife for the rest of the night.  Y’all have a nice weekend.

🏻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This is word salad. 

Thanks I guess.  I’ve been sincere on this forum. I’ve believed everything I’ve written. I’ve admitted when I’ve had a couple things wrong. It happens. Although you wouldn’t know it from this forum.  

I started posting here because I thought the 180 from the old CR was fascinating.  I’ve been around in various names since old HF days.  I thought it was interesting to provide a good counter point where I could.  It does feel like it’s gotten wayyy more toxic than it was in past.

That’s due to a lot of factors, but there’s a lot of distrust.  Nobody believes anything anymore, and for good reason sometimes. When people look back I think they’ll see Ed Snowden and Wikileaks as two of the biggest things that pulled the veil back.  But they told the truth, so I think it needed to happen. We’ll see how it all shakes out. 

That kind of came outta nowhere but this tweet had me thinking.  

Irresponsible is a great word for how the media on both sides manipulates people. It’s a sad situation.  I don’t see how you ever get that trust back.  

With that, I’m gonna sign off and watch Dateline with the wife for the rest of the night.  Y’all have a nice weekend.

🏻

I don't understand why folks on the right think that Time cover is partisan because the girl pictured isn't in one of the camps.  The image is symbolic.  Who cares who this particular girl is and why she is crying.  It's a commentary on the situation, not the girl.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't understand why folks on the right think that Time cover is partisan because the girl pictured isn't in one of the camps.  The image is symbolic.  Who cares who this particular girl is and why she is crying.  It's a commentary on the situation, not the girl.

If your goal was to defend Trump and the policy, how else would you attack it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

It's almost like GOP Congressional leadership has completely and totally abdicated their duty to be a co-equal branch and check on executive authority or something

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

We’ve got a small family reunion planned for Oklahoma in August.  About half Okies, a quarter Arkies, and a quarter Texans, Kansans, and Missourians.   Toss in a family from Tennessee. 

My wife has it circled in a red that is...angry is a good description. 

At least I can turn on a TV, tell everybody that Fox News is on and going to talk about Trump, and my family can have the homemade ice cream to ourselves for a while. 

Edit: Actually the Cherokee part of the family has turned pretty liberal since 2017.  They can split the ice cream with us. 

Strap them kids in, give 'em, a little bit o' vodka, in a Cherry Coke, we're goin' to Oklahoma.....

• Like 1

Something must have gone down in Grand Jury yesterday.  Every Friday is a Grand Jury day in the Mueller investigation and almost every Saturday/Sunday morning Trump goes hard to the paint on the Russia investigation.  While it’s impossible to know exactly what happened, this pattern is easily observable.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

The same Drudge that a couple of days ago represented that a picture of Syrian kids with guns was a picture of the South American migrant kids involved in this crisis?   Oh that's cool, but Time using a pic of an actual girl terrorized by ICE last week is a national fake news crisis because they ended up keeping her with her mom after the arrest.  (Comment directed at Trump, not those who are annoyed by Time). 

Edited by Mojo Hand