Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

I don’t like the sound of that.  If Trump is bragging about midterm results already, there’s good chance he’s working to rig them.

Partly he’s projecting again.  He’s scared, trying to make sure his base thinks they can win if they come out and vote, and/or trying to discourage Dems from coming out to vote.  

Remember, he’s a developer and a reality TV Star, and combines the worst traits of both.  He’s trying to sell his base a shit sandwich, and telling them it’s the finest burnt steak and ketchup the world has to offer. 

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

"I was for all that shit you were doing to other people, but this is different."

Trump told him from the beginning. He won't have migrant labor to work his farm, and he won't be able to sell his produce to China. He signed right up.

Or maybe he was just as stupid as Trump and believed that China would keep buying our shit when we stopped buying theirs. 

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Partly he’s projecting again.  He’s scared, trying to make sure his base thinks they can win if they come out and vote, and/or trying to discourage Dems from coming out to vote.  

Remember, he’s a developer and a reality TV Star, and combines the worst traits of both.  He’s trying to sell his base a shit sandwich, and telling them it’s the finest burnt steak and ketchup the world has to offer. 

This. He's talking out of his ass to get his base excited. 

He hasn't mentioned a GCB poll in a while since that IPSOS poll that had Republicans up (which has since been completely reversed).  He can't talk about polls. But he can bitch about needing more Republicans because "DEMOCRATS! OBSTRUCTIONISTS!" to get them excited. And let's face it, only a SCOTUS judge would get them excited.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. He's talking out of his ass to get his base excited. 

He hasn't mentioned a GCB poll in a while since that IPSOS poll that had Republicans up (which has since been completely reversed).  He can't talk about polls. But he can bitch about needing more Republicans because "DEMOCRATS! OBSTRUCTIONISTS!" to get them excited. And let's face it, only a SCOTUS judge would get them excited.

He’s also trying to use Big Scarey Immigrants to get his base out. “If those Democrats win, illegal immigrants will move into your houses and cornhole you every morning while forcing your wife to make breakfast tacos!  Your kids will be forced to play soccer instead of Amerikan sports like baseball or football!”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s also trying to use Big Scarey Immigrants to get his base out. “If those Democrats win, illegal immigrants will move into your houses and cornhole you every morning while forcing your wife to make breakfast tacos!  Your kids will be forced to play soccer instead of Amerikan sports like baseball or football!”

And it will work

The Trump administration feared it would be a “public relations nightmare”: a major federal study that concluded contaminated groundwater across the country, especially near military bases, was more toxic than the government realized. Political aides to President Donald Trump and Environmental Protection Agency head Scott Pruitt pressured the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry against releasing the results.

AMERICA FIRST!

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Trump administration feared it would be a “public relations nightmare”: a major federal study that concluded contaminated groundwater across the country, especially near military bases, was more toxic than the government realized. Political aides to President Donald Trump and Environmental Protection Agency head Scott Pruitt pressured the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry against releasing the results.

AMERICA FIRST!

So, not only does the President have a rally on the night of a debate in spring 2016 promising $5 million to veterans (and only $2.1 or so went to vets---the rest to the Trump Foundation) he participates in the coverup of toxic drinking water near/on military bases?

MAGA!!!

25 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Someone probably has pointed out to the President that European car makers do, in fact, build cars in our country.  But he probably forgot.

DgTVj11UwAAM4q1.jpg:large

The stupidity is painful. Trump and his followers are the dumbest fuckers in the political arena. Personally, I am pretty tolerant of opposing political views as long as they are the product of reason. What I do not tolerate is blatant stupidity.

• Like 2

Just now, F250 said:

The stupidity is painful. Trump and his followers are the dumbest fuckers in the political arena. Personally, I am pretty tolerant of opposing political views as long as they are the product of reason. What I do not tolerate is blatant stupidity.

Exactly.  That's what these mouth breathers fail to understand.  People aren't upset because Hillary lost.  They are upset because he is the worst human being ever to occupy that office.  Everything he says is a lie and he is completely destroying our system of government.  It's not about his political views.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, not only does the President have a rally on the night of a debate in spring 2016 promising $5 million to veterans (and only $2.1 or so went to vets---the rest to the Trump Foundation) he participates in the coverup of toxic drinking water near/on military bases?

MAGA!!!

Self-owning the libs by drinking toxic drinking water. They'll be so owned when I get sick and die.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

AMERICA FIRST!

Doesn’t matter because a black dude didn’t stand for the anthem. 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Exactly.  That's what these mouth breathers fail to understand.  People aren't upset because Hillary lost.  They are upset because he is the worst human being ever to occupy that office.  Everything he says is a lie and he is completely destroying our system of government.  It's not about his political views.  

And their assumption is that if a Democrat wins in 2020 the media/liberals will defend/ignore any injustices carried out by the administration. And I don't generally believe that to be true. 

Did the media drop the ball during the Obama administration by not properly covering their misconduct? I'd say yes.  Mistakes were made. Trump has changed all of that moving forward IMO. 

I plan to scrutinize and keep a watchful eye on any future President, no matter what party.  The American government has been put on notice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I don’t like the sound of that.  If Trump is bragging about midterm results already, there’s good chance he’s working to rig them.

frightening. i told myself i won't be here in 2020. wondering more about this year now. the sheer thought of that chaos is rough on me. and its coming no matter what. we can't solve anything any more so all problems just sit until they get more fuel tossed on em. 

and if we caught trump in video working to rig the elections the people that are still supporting him (and the Rs) would love it. that is even more frightening

happy no nuke friday friends.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm kind of over what he's doing.  He's going to do whatever, but the people that support it, they are the problem.   Congress, admin officials, and the general public.  THOSE are the real threats.  

This is exactly right.  And it’s why Iget frustrated by the immediate, specific response of Trump opponents to whatever his latest bullshit stunt is.  Case in point: Trump gets caught ripping kids from their families, and good people immediately donate to and volunteer for organizations focused on that one issue.  Meanwhile, Trump is moving on to his next stunt.  

If we’re always racing to put out every fire, we have no time and energy to devote to the real solution: voting the GOP out of power and voting in congressmen who will fight Trump.  

Don’t get me wrong.  It’s laudable to support immigrant advocacy groups.  But we need to stop racing around to save each tree and focus instead on protecting the forest.  When Trump does something awful, by all means use it to your PR advantage.  But devote your efforts to the main goal: voting him and his party out.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This is exactly right.  And it’s why Iget frustrated by the immediate, specific response of Trump opponents to whatever his latest bullshit stunt is.  Case in point: Trump gets caught ripping kids from their families, and good people immediately donate to and volunteer for organizations focused on that one issue.  Meanwhile, Trump is moving on to his next stunt.  

If we’re always racing to put out every fire, we have no time and energy to devote to the real solution: voting the GOP out of power and voting in congressmen who will fight Trump.  

Don’t get me wrong.  It’s laudable to support immigrant advocacy groups.  But we need to stop racing around to save each tree and focus instead on protecting the forest.  When Trump does something awful, by all means use it to your PR advantage.  But devote your efforts to the main goal: voting him and his party out.

The fire on this immigration issue is bigger than Trump and might even be bigger than Russia as far as an underlying problem in American society, it needs a tremendous amount of attention.  Our population is woefully misinformed here to the point where disappearing infants was justified by the state and supported by a large segment of the population.  That is a moral crisis. 

It should be an all hands on deck moment for everyone. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The fire on this immigration issue is bigger than Trump and might even be bigger than Russia as far as an underlying problem in American society, it needs a tremendous amount of attention.  Our population is woefully misinformed here to the point where disappearing infants was justified by the state and supported by a large segment of the population.  That is a moral crisis. 

His presidency won't recover from last week. They can't get out of it until they reunite every single separated child. Good luck with that.

Edited by David Dennison

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Retreat...retreat...retreat... look at the jacket!

This.  He campaigned on immigration reform.  What seemed so simple to him and his followers resulted in a PR cycle of kids in cages and the head of the border patrol union stating that there is no practical way to stop "catch and release" without considerably more resources.  The simple solutions he sells just don't fucking work.  The only bill that has a chance of getting through Congress does not pay much resemblance to what he promised his base.  So, rather than accepting defeat and working through a compromise on immigration, he is retreating - minimizing his losses and keeping the xenophobic hate machine operating as best he can, hoping they don't really notice that in two years with a Republican Congress, he can't get his flagship campaign issue out of dock. 

7 minutes ago, Tuco said:

This.  He campaigned on immigration reform.  What seemed so simple to him and his followers resulted in a PR cycle of kids in cages and the head of the border patrol union stating that there is no practical way to stop "catch and release" without considerably more resources.  The simple solutions he sells just don't fucking work.  The only bill that has a chance of getting through Congress does not pay much resemblance to what he promised his base.  So, rather than accepting defeat and working through a compromise on immigration, he is retreating - minimizing his losses and keeping the xenophobic hate machine operating as best he can, hoping they don't really notice that in two years with a Republican Congress, he can't get his flagship campaign issue out of dock. 

He sells simple solutions to simple people.

They buy it, and then they get the ol' switcheroo.

"I'll fix health care, and it will be so easy...so easy".

Fast forward 30 days:

"Who knew that health care could be so complicated"?

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I agree that we should expose it and make a big deal out of it.  It is an important issue, both substantively and as an example that could serve to persuade those on the fence about Trump.  

But if the opposition constantly spends its time rushing to fix the next Trump calamity, it isn’t focused on removing the root problem.  Which, of course, is the only way to ensure no future Trump calamities.  

The way to solve the child separation issue is not to devote time and money working individual cases.  It is to devote time and money to removing Trump from office.  You don’t get rid of fire ants one at a time.  You take out the queen.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Can you imagine Trump giving a concession speech? Won't happen.  

Gonna have to hope that Trumpkins will accept the results and not believe it was rigged, assuming he loses in 2020. Frightening proposition.

I keep saying it, and I believe it:  civil war.  I'm old enough that I don't care if I go down.  Make of that what you will.

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I agree that we should expose it and make a big deal out of it.  It isn’t an important issue, both substantively and as an example that could serve to persuade those on the fence about Trump.  

But if the opposition spends its time rushing to fix the next Trump calamity, it isn’t focused on removing the root problem.  Which, of course, is the only way to ensure no future Trump calamities.  

The way to solve the child separation issue is not to devote time and money working individual cases.  It is to devote time and money to removing Trump from office.  You don’t get rid of fire ants one at a time.  You take out the queen.

Changing the perception on immigrants to reflect reality is just as important for the long term as removing Trump.  

Exposing his cruelty for what it really is should influence the people that still have a soul. 

20 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He sells simple solutions to simple people.

They buy it, and then they get the ol' switcheroo.

"I'll fix health care, and it will be so easy...so easy".

Fast forward 30 days:

"Who knew that health care could be so complicated"?

This x 1000000000000

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Changing the perception on immigrants to reflect reality is just as important for the long term as removing Trump.  

Exposing his cruelty for what it really is should influence the people that still have a soul. 

You’re completely missing the point.  Emphasizing the immigration issue as PR is helpful, because it helps address the root problem (Trump). 

But trying to solve the problem by donating time and money to organizations that represent individual migrants is poor strategy.  Yes, some resources should be devoted to helping individual children and families.  But the real problem is Trump.  As long as he’s in power, he will continue to fuck people over in any number of contexts.  The bulk of our time and resources should be devoted to rallying opposition to Trump, not putting bandaids on each and every individual problem he causes.

Each dollar and each hour that goes to a specific-issue organization is a dollar and hour that aren’t going to things like voter drives and community outreach.  Those are what we need to create a Blue Wave.  Which is what we need to stop Trump and prevent the next fascist stunt.

Point out each problem.  Hound him for his role in bringing about suffering.  But focus resources on the main goal.  When the opposition is occupied putting out each little fire, Trump is winning.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump told him from the beginning. He won't have migrant labor to work his farm, and he won't be able to sell his produce to China. He signed right up.

Or maybe he was just as stupid as Trump and believed that China would keep buying our shit when we stopped buying theirs. 

Too much thought. Way too much thought. I think it breaks down more like this:

"Trump is gonna get tough with these bullies. Punch 'em in the nose. Show them the what fer! No more nigra fags apologizin' to everybody. USA! USA!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

You’re completely missing the point.  Emphasizing the immigration issue as PR is helpful, because it helps address the root problem (Trump). 

But trying to solve the problem by donating time and money to organizations that represent individual migrants is poor strategy.  Yes, some resources should be devoted to helping individual children and families.  But the real problem is Trump.  As long as he’s in power, he will continue to fuck people over in any number of contexts.  The bulk of our time and resources should be devoted to rallying opposition to Trump, not putting bandaids on each and every individual problem he causes.

Each dollar and each hour that goes to a specific-issue organization is a dollar and hour that aren’t going to things like voter drives and community outreach.  Those are what we need to create a Blue Wave.  Which is what we need to stop Trump and prevent the next fascist stunt.

Point out each problem.  Hound him for his role in bringing about suffering.  But focus resources on the main goal.  When the opposition is occupied putting out each little fire, Trump is winning.

I think you’re missing my point. Our pressure shouldn’t be on Congress or solving kid problem.  Our pressure should be on the media and where they should focus their attention.

That is the biggest weapon we have.  It’s the only thing Trump can’t get around and it ate him alive this week.  Keep pushing on this self inflicted wound to influence people to mobilize and vote.

Also, community outreach and voter registration.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think everyone should vote in the republican primary in 2020, where possible. Assuming of course someone runs against him.

Speaking of:

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20180619/ri-bill-would-require-presidential-hopefuls-to-release-tax-returns

Rhode Island is the latest state taking steps to require candidates for president and vice-president to make their tax returns public as a prerequisite to getting on the Rhode Island ballot.

The state Senate 34-to-3 for a bill to require candidates on a presidential ticket to release tax returns going back five years.

As noted by the lead sponsor, Sen. Gayle Goldin, every president since The Providence Journal exposed Richard Nixon’s tax returns has made them public voluntarily, until Donald Trump.

Republican Sen. Elaine Morgan of Hopkinton asked why the president should have to do that, if state lawmakers face no such requirement.

Goldin argued — and the majority in the Democrat-dominated Senate agreed — that “tax returns provide essential information about candidates’ conflicts of interest,″ and other vital information to a voter weighing a decision. But questions have been raised, as similar proposals bubbled to the surface elsewhere, about the constitutionality of states adopting their own requirements for candidates to get on the federal ballot.

The bill known as H2612 now goes to the House.

I heard on the radio that a mother and child were re-united for the cameras at the Baltimore airport. Nice photo op to make everything look peachy in the kiddie concentration camp story.

CD417B49-8CF8-4537-AF6D-D6D8902C58B6_cx0

The local FOX station has this story: 

BALTIMORE (WBFF) - An undocumented woman and her 7-year-old reunited early this morning at Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.

Beata Mejia and her son Darwin walked out of security smiling and in tears after being a part for a month.

The two came from Guatemala to Arizona on May 19th seeking asylum. Mejia says the boy's father was threatening them.

Despite arriving in the U.S., the pair did not come through a proper border crossing station. Mejia was eventually detained and her son was was taken away from her. 

Mejia says she does not regret crossing the border, instead urging other mothers going through the same thing to keep fighting.

Earlier this week, Mejia filed a lawsuit against the Trump Administration after they took her son away from her.

While her request for asylum is being processed, Mejia says she and her son will be staying with a friend in Texas.

Here's the Baltimore Sun Story notable facts:

A group called Nexus Derechos Humanos Attorneys posted her bail last Friday. The group, which has offices in Virginia, filed her lawsuit Tuesday in Washington. Plans to reunite mother and son a day earlier had fallen through, said her lawyer, Mario Williams.

Williams said Mejia-Mejia’s is likely the first of many similar cases and possibly a class-action lawsuit that Nexus will pursue. In the coming days, they’ll determine the extent of what happened to Darwin while he was in custody. For example, whether he was drugged, as news reports have said some children were, he said.

The pledge by government lawyers to return the boy to his mother — in a hearing challenging the Trump administration's immigrant family separation process — came less than 24 hours after President Donald Trump on Wednesday issued an executive order discontinuing the policy, leaving confusion and legal questions in its wake.

The article indicates there are still problems, as you all know.

The photo says everything is fine. Mom and child together again.

Which do we think will resonate with Trumpists and be used as proof by national FOX News and other toadies?

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Gonna have to hope that Trumpkins will accept the results and not believe it was rigged, assuming he loses in 2020. Frightening proposition.

Most of us here can outrun Rascal scooters, so no worries.  Plus, they have to stop at some point and take their insulin  

The younger supporters discovered that being outted on social media in Charlottesville was not fun.  

And both groups will find out the cops are not their friends if they are ordered to clear the streets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I still think Trump will quit and spin it as a win for himself and the country