Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

12 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Mine was just now. I was going 6 mph over the speed limit on 183.

As it turns out, it seems in most jurisdictions that's called an "infraction" and it's actually below a misdemeanor.  (I had to look it up because a friend called me on the same assertion this morning.  Then again, I'm not an attorney, I don't sleep in hotels, and I don't read so good.)

28 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Also a win for states and local municipalities who have missed out on tax revenue from interstate internet sales.  

I live outside town in an unincorporated area of the county. My address still has the town listed. The zip code dgaf where the city limits are. Now I am going to have to pay sales tax to a town I don't live in.

Winning.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Holy shit, the elusive 45 mph hanging fastball.

I know the point he/you are attempting to make, it doesn't resonate with me. You were born in a shitty country, you fear for your life because of gangs, drugs, ebola whatver, go apply for your green card and wait your ass. Patience is a virtue is it not

Its going to take 7 years, still doesn't give someone the right to break our law, its a slap in the face to this country and its a slap in the face to the legal immigrants who went about it the right way.

2 minutes ago, Smax said:

I know the point he/you are attempting to make, it doesn't resonate with me. You were born in a shitty country, you fear for your life because of gangs, drugs, ebola whatver, go apply for your green card and wait your ass. Patience is a virtue is it not

Its going to take 7 years, still doesn't give someone the right to break our law, its a slap in the face to this country and its a slap in the face to the legal immigrants who went about it the right way.

This worked well for the Jews turned away on the boat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smax said:

statueliberty_schaer-087_2__x_large.jpgEmma_Lazarus_plaque.jpg

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Remember, President Trump has repeatedly said he's a big fan of using eminent domain. And not just for Government projects. He really loves the Kelo decision, for example. 

Well of course he does. Why should anybody be allowed to tell Donnie no, to anything, for any reason?

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Remember, President Trump has repeatedly said he's a big fan of using eminent domain. And not just for Government projects. He really loves the Kelo decision, for example. 

Yep.  One of his worst stances. 

Just now, GRHorn said:

Yep.  One of his worst stances. 

Which is amazing, because they are virtually all either stupid or bad. Eminent domain is almost certainly the government exercise of power he knows the most about, and he's for the most expansive possible use of it. 

42 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Trumps just bitter because he had to back down off his evil policy because images and recordings came out and he knows that makes him look really really bad and he can’t stand that. 

So he has to blame someone else, in this case the media, for his humiliation/capitulation so he in turn humiliates his wife to send out his nonsensical bitter message.

He is one sadistic son of a bitch. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Trumps just bitter because he had to back down off his evil policy because images and recordings came out and he knows that makes him look really really bad and he can’t stand that. 

So he has to blame someone else, in this case the media, for his humiliation/capitulation so he in turn humiliates his wife to send out his nonsensical bitter message.

He is one sadistic son of a bitch. 

What he’s really pissed about is he no longer controls the narrative.

He’s trying really hard to wrestle it back as fast as possible.  Media needs to ignore him and focus on the moral crisis in the country that caused this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What he’s really pissed about is he no longer controls the narrative.

He’s trying really hard to wrestle it back as fast as possible.  Media needs to ignore him and focus on the moral crisis in the country that caused this.

Maybe so. But I don’t see how this latest stunt is going to accomplish that. 

I still haven't seen any actual video of Melania meeting with or looking at the imprisoned immigrant children. And did she only go to McAllen? Isn't that where we've already seen shots from inside? Why not go to a girls' internment facility? Or one of those new tent camps? Or one of the "tender age" facilities?

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I still haven't seen any actual video of Melania meeting with or looking at the imprisoned immigrant children. And did she only go to McAllen? Isn't that where we've already seen shots from inside? Why not go to a girls' internment facility? Or one of those new tent camps? Or one of the "tender age" facilities?

Because she doesn't care. Jacket out front shoulda told ya

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Maybe so. But I don’t see how this latest stunt is going to accomplish that. 

It accomplishes it in his media universe of Fox News, Breitbart, Infowars, and echo chambers.

He needs to turn the eye of CNN/MSNBC back to him and not on these little immigrant children he lost, misplaced, or can’t account for.

Timeline of JacketGate

- Melania wears “I don’t care” jacket

- Press reacts; wants to know what message she is sending

- FLOTUS CoS says “It’s just a jacket guys. No message at all and we shouldn’t even be talking about such shallow nonsense.”

- DOTUS tweets “DIDYA SEE MELANIE’S BOMB ASS JACKET? IT TOTALLY HAD A MESSAGE TELLING ALL YOU FAKE NEWS MEDIA THAT WE DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU! WE DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU SO MUCH THAT I HAD MY WIFE WEAR A MESSAGE JACKET JUST FOR YOU AND NOW I’M GOING TO TWEET ABOUT IT FOR 48 HOURS!!! SAD!”

- FLOTUS CoS - jumps off White House roof

• Like 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/national-enquirer-sent-stories-about-trump-to-his-attorney-michael-cohen-before-publication-people-familiar-with-the-practice-say/2018/06/21/3978aff4-57a4-11e8-858f-12becb4d6067_story.html?utm_term=.84b01e313922

During the presidential campaign, National Enquirer executives sent digital copies of the tabloid’s articles and cover images related to Donald Trump and his political opponents to Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen in advance of publication, according to three people with knowledge of the matter — an unusual practice that speaks to the close relationship between Trump and David Pecker, chief executive of American Media Inc., the Enquirer’s parent company.

Although the company strongly denies ever sharing such material before publication, these three individuals say the sharing of material continued after Trump took office.

“Since Trump’s become president and even before, [Pecker] openly just has been willing to turn the magazine and the cover over to the Trump machine,” said one of the people with knowledge of the practice.

During the campaign, “if it was a story specifically about Trump, then it was sent over to Michael, and as long as there were no objections from him, the story could be published,” this person added.

Once Enquirer editors sent a story or cover image, sometimes a request for changes came back, according to two of the people with knowledge of the relationship. Stories about Trump were positive in nature, and changes related to the stories were not dramatic, according to one person with knowledge of the matter, who said most of the changes in stories sent to Cohen resulted in more flattering cover photos or changes to cover headlines.

Trump suggested stories to Pecker on a regular basis, one of these people said, and had access to certain pieces — including one about Hillary Clinton’s health — before publication.

These people spoke on the condition of anonymity because they feared legal action or professional retribution if they spoke publicly about Trump or AMI, which publishes other celebrity-focused titles including Us Weekly, the Globe and Star.

During the campaign, in addition to stories written about him, Trump was particularly interested in stories about Clinton’s health, two of the people said. They cited two cover stories: the one published in September 2015 that declared she had “SIX MONTHS TO LIVE!” and another a year later that purported to disclose her secret medical file. The cover on the latter issue portrayed Clinton as so pale and aged that she looked, in the words of one former AMI employee, “like a zombie.”

That cover story was sent to Cohen in advance, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

Cohen, Pecker and Howard communicated about Trump rivals such as Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina and other Republican primary candidates, according to the three knowledgeable people, plus a fourth person aware of the practice. Two of these people cited a story on Carson, a neurosurgeon, about his alleged botched operations as an example of a story Trump suggested to Pecker.

During the primary, the paper ran a story on Ted Cruz’s father’s purported link to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy; his campaign called it “garbage.” There was also a story about Cruz’s rumored affairs. Cruz attacked that story — of which there was never any evidence — as a plant from the Trump campaign. But Howard said that Enquirer cover on Cruz grew out of a tip from operatives close to Marco Rubio.

Edited by Francisco 2.0