Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I take it that Trump hates that Bezos is that rich and making money off the WP during his candidacy and presidency. Nothing more than that.

The abuse of power this president is employing to settle some personal vendetta should scare everyone.

Amazon (AMZN), one of the biggest drivers of the 2017 market rally, tumbled 5%, wiping out more than $36 billion of its market value.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/02/investing/dow-jones-nasdaq-stocks-amazon/index.html

Edited by yoladu

19 minutes ago, yoladu said:

The abuse of power this president is employing to settle some personal vendetta should scare everyone.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/02/investing/dow-jones-nasdaq-stocks-amazon/index.html

This.  If you don't conclude that this is tinpot dictator bullshit, you are a lost fucking cause.

The president of the fucking United States.  Attacking the fucking THIRD LARGEST AMERICAN COMPANY BY MARKET CAP, taking down that market cap by BILLIONS of dollars (billions of dollars that USED to be part of the net worth of the American people who hold stocks, 401ks, etc.).

If Obama did this, the Trumpkins' heads would explode.  But their orange god does it, and it's just fine.  Because the orange god did it.  QED.

For fuck's sake, people.  This admin is so far off the rails, we can't even see the tracks from where it stands.

5 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Trump is going hard to the paint tonight. Something is'a stirring. 

Shit is caving in around him.  And his dementia is progressing.  Hope you have popcorn.  I'm convinced there's no way he'd be allowed to hit any nuclear button no matter how much he tries...also other countries have been told to ride this baby's tantrums out.  Soon there'll be an adult back in the WH - R or D, this isn't a politically slanted opinion. 

To me, the scariest thing about the Trump presidency is that somehow the polls still show him having a 40+% approval rating.  How are there that many Americans who support this buffoon?  Something around 20% I could rationalize, but over 40% is completely mind boggling.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

To me, the scariest thing about the Trump presidency is that somehow the polls still show him having a 40+% approval rating.  How are there that many Americans who support this buffoon?  Something around 20% I could rationalize, but over 40% is completely mind boggling.

I’m going with most of that second 20% not actually following any of this shit. I’ve met too many people who have no clue about the news of the day that are surprised when I say something negative about DOTUS. 

8 minutes ago, softlynow said:

I’m going with most of that second 20% not actually following any of this shit. I’ve met too many people who have no clue about the news of the day that are surprised when I say something negative about DOTUS. 

Many people don’t feel any impact of Trump so they can’t complain.  Their job is good, their family is fed, and they don’t have Hillary in the White House.

It will take a serious market crash or another silly war to convert these folks and it looks like we’re headed for both.

Good Times.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Many people don’t feel any impact of Trump so they can’t complain.  Their job is good, their family is fed, and they don’t have Hillary in the White House.

It will take a serious market crash or another silly war to convert these folks and it looks like we’re headed for both.

Good Times.

You rang?

Yes, I know it's only one day, but your post reminded me of this article.

Stocks post worst start to April since the Great Depression

A large percentage of Trump's hardcore base probably doesn't own stocks. They love guns, Jesus, and white people, but a stock market correction won't impact their life nearly as drastically as a shortage of truck nuts.

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

A large percentage of Trump's hardcore base probably doesn't own stocks. They love guns, Jesus, and white people, but a stock market correction won't impact their life nearly as drastically as a shortage of truck nuts.

Well he did jack up the price of steel and aluminum. What are truck nuts made out of?

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Jeff Bezos must just be sitting around right now using his pocket change to fund the best lawyers to come up with ways to fuck with Trump.  I know that's what I'd do were I in his shoes.

Bezos has the Washington Post.  That's what I think this is ultimately about - they have a story they are ready to pop out and Trump is scared.  

Trump broadcasts his inner demons thoughts way too much at times (why the hell do people consider him great at wheeling and dealing?) and even though he slipped the WaPo mention in as them needing to register as a lobbyist because he claims they lobby for Amazon, it really feels like all of this is about WaPo, and punishing Amazon is how he gets back at WaPo/Bezos.

It's like "I'm going to push out half a dozen tweets bitching about Amazon, and slide in one about the Washington Post, and make it look like this is all about Amazon and nobody will ever know."

Trump's departure timeline IMO depends on the Republicans confidence heading in to the mid-terms. If they realize they are up shit's creek, they might like the optics of making the opening gesture against Trump. It shows them to be making the ultimate sacrifice for their party in order to help save the Union. From our present vantage point we might dismiss this cynically, but I believe it would be represent "feel good" moment for Americans that would make a lot of potential Republican leans feel comfortable voting (R), or give some people intending to vote (D) feel justified in staying home. On the other hand, if the Republicans believe they'll win the mid-terms, then we won't see much of anything until after the mid-terms.

(Wow that felt like writing a shitty $9.95 recruiting article. I'm disgusted with my own hedging, heh)

Bezos has the Washington Post.  That's what I think this is ultimately about - they have a story they are ready to pop out and Trump is scared.  
Trump broadcasts his inner demons thoughts way too much at times (why the hell do people consider him great at wheeling and dealing?) and even though he slipped the WaPo mention in as them needing to register as a lobbyist because he claims they lobby for Amazon, it really feels like all of this is about WaPo, and punishing Amazon is how he gets back at WaPo/Bezos.
It's like "I'm going to push out half a dozen tweets bitching about Amazon, and slide in one about the Washington Post, and make it look like this is all about Amazon and nobody will ever know."

I get all that. WaPo is already doing what it does and it’s blatantly obvious that Trump is scared.

But if I were Jeff, this stock drop would make me want to find yet more ways to fuck Trump. Maybe keep it going long after Trump’s done being potus. Just for giggles.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

I just don't understand what the possible motive for this is

CA I believe is the largest car market in the US.  In addition about a dozen other states have voluntarily latched onto the CA standards making it a defacto standard for most of the country's citizens.  What Detroit does not want is to have to create two versions of every model in the US.  Since two versions is not an economic option, they can either 1.) make every car in the US adhere to the CA standard or 2.) lobby their new lap dogs in government to do their bidding.  Perhaps the automotive industry submitted an "action plan" to the government.

1 minute ago, 27-25 said:

CA I believe is the largest car market in the US.  In addition about a dozen other states have voluntarily latched onto the CA standards making it a defacto standard for most of the country's citizens.  What Detroit does not want is to have to create two versions of every model in the US.  Since two versions is not an economic option, they can either 1.) make every car in the US adhere to the CA standard or 2.) lobby their new lap dogs in government to do their bidding.  Perhaps the automotive industry submitted an "action plan" to the government.

Well, we better stop exporting vehicles too so it's not so hard on Detroit. Seriously, what a stupid fucking argument.

What if Bezos got the Post to publish an article that deliberately triggers Trump, in order to make money shorting his own stocks? Either he goes to jail _and_ a court of law has to put Trump's thin skin on public record, or he gets away with it.

Trump is scared of the Washington Post.

They have the best track record when it comes to the Russia Investigation for a reason.  They haven’t made any mistakes or retractions in Russiagate that I’m aware of.  Outside of the Mueller investigation, the Washington Post probably has more data and access to inside sources than anyone.

Nope, not even close.
Moreover, all exit strategy scenarios are unpleasant.
I give Trump at least another year.

Yep. Through it all, this is the truth. We built a system that resists efforts to remove an executive, even a godawful one. That’s good...but here’s the weakness of that system.
You rang?
Yes, I know it's only one day, but your post reminded me of this article.
Stocks post worst start to April since the Great Depression

It’s gonna take a lot more of that to register with the moron class.
giphy.gif

Pure truth.

And that’s also pure truth. We have a toddler attacking one of the largest businesses in the country, costing the American people billions. Because he’s a petulant infant.

21 minutes ago, ndawg said:

What if Bezos got the Post to publish an article that deliberately triggers Trump, in order to make money shorting his own stocks? Either he goes to jail _and_ a court of law has to put Trump's thin skin on public record, or he gets away with it.

Lulz at the thought Bezos would short his own stock....dude is worth a $100 billion dollars. He doesn't need money that bad.

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  If you don't conclude that this is tinpot dictator bullshit, you are a lost fucking cause.

The president of the fucking United States.  Attacking the fucking THIRD LARGEST AMERICAN COMPANY BY MARKET CAP, taking down that market cap by BILLIONS of dollars (billions of dollars that USED to be part of the net worth of the American people who hold stocks, 401ks, etc.).

If Obama did this, the Trumpkins' heads would explode.  But their orange god does it, and it's just fine.  Because the orange god did it.  QED.

For fuck's sake, people.  This admin is so far off the rails, we can't even see the tracks from where it stands.

Chill.  He’s gonna get what’s coming to him.  And he’s not gonna like it.  Patience, grasshopper.  

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

funny you should mention rails.  how do you feel about john sherman making statements like this? 

"If we will not endure a king as a political power we should not endure a king over the production, transportation, and sale of any of the necessaries of life."

i bet union pacific shareholders took a beating.