Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

36d6f84206b9ba85d871cff09544e508.jpg

Does Amazon really use the postal service that often in their deliveries?  In the thousands of orders I've placed over the years, I can count on one hand the number of times a shipment was delivered via the postal service.  I get about 80% of my parcels via UPS and the other 19.9999% from FedEx.

1 hour ago, Burt said:

Does Amazon really use the postal service that often in their deliveries?  In the thousands of orders I've placed over the years, I can count on one hand the number of times a shipment was delivered via the postal service.  I get about 80% of my parcels via UPS and the other 19.9999% from FedEx.

You are probably a prime member. Free bundled shipping usually comes USPS or Amazon flunkie unless it is a larger item, in my experience.

What exactly is his problem with Amazon? Did Bezos insult him at some point in the past? 

Trump has issues with people that display genuine competence. That, and the fact that Bezos is an actual self-made billionaire, are to much for him to tolerate.

EDIT: Pods beat me to it. I'd say great minds, but he's a shit-ton smarter than me.

Trump manages to find some kernel of truth about Amazon and USPS. The government is subsidizing Amazon. I've been a Prime member since Prime came out and when Amazon decided to use USPS, about half my deliveries arrive 2-3 days late.  Amazon will only stop using USPS when the customer demands it or local deliveries become cheaper using their own fleet.

Trump manages to find some kernel of truth about Amazon and USPS. The government is subsidizing Amazon. I've been a Prime member since Prime came out and when Amazon decided to use USPS, about half my deliveries arrive 2-3 days late.  Amazon will only stop using USPS when the customer demands it or local deliveries become cheaper using their own fleet.

“Amazon pays the post office to deliver packages to customers' doors.

Because Amazon ships so many packages though the post office, it pays a lower rate than most customers. But Amazon doesn't get a special rate — it pays the rate that the post office charges other bulk shippers.

Amazon also has a special agreement with the Postal Service to deliver packages on Sundays. Neither Amazon nor the post office has disclosed the details of its agreement, but the Postal Service says it's mutually beneficial. Amazon effectively helps the Postal Service spread its costs over a seven-day week.

The Postal Service is losing money. But it's not Amazon's fault: Citigroup last year reported that the average parcel rate would need to increase by about 50% for the Postal Service to break even. The Postal Service's biggest money problem is that it has billions in retirement obligations to its workers that it can't afford.”

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/29/technology/trump-tweets-about-amazon-taxes/index.html?iid=EL

• Like 1

reminds me of one of my wife’s employees. any time she provides feedback, he replies that he’s asked around and people agree with him. in other words, “people are saying...”. that juvenile shit is maddening coming from this twerp let alone the fuckin potus. 

I didn’t know this until the other day when I had to go to the post office to pick up something that had to be signed for. The guy in front of me was complaining that he didn’t receive a package although he received a delivery confirmation. The postal employee said they only had tracking info from the time they received it through the time they handed it off to UPS to complete the delivery. So apparently there’s some sort of arrangement where USPS plays middle man, and one of the private companies handles the final delivery. No idea if that’s universal or only in certain circumstances.

18 hours ago, Lurch said:

The Postal Service is losing money. But it's not Amazon's fault: Citigroup last year reported that the average parcel rate would need to increase by about 50% for the Postal Service to break even. The Postal Service's biggest money problem is that it has billions in retirement obligations to its workers that it can't afford.”

I always thought the postal services biggest money problem was that they are mandated to deliver extremely cheap mail, to the door for many, to cover 300m people.  Ask UPS or Fedex to do that for 50 cents and listen to their answer.

I always thought the postal services biggest money problem was that they are mandated to deliver extremely cheap mail, to the door for many, to cover 300m people.  Ask UPS or Fedex to do that for 50 cents and listen to their answer.
UPS and FedEx would probably tell grandpa to send an email.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It'a a combination of that plus the pension obligations that Lurch mentioned.  

Postal Service is an unsustainable business model if you think about it.  Congress mandates a fixed level of service.  They're required to charge the same amount for an item whether it's going across town or to rural Idaho and to deliver six days per week.  Congress also sets the limits on what they can charge.  

That being said, they turn a profit if you don't count the pension contributions, which are billions of dollars per year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

DZs6eTbX4AAVnFa?format=jpg&name=900x900

Obama’s shameful tan suit on Easter Sunday back in the day when America wasn’t fucking nuts.

That tan suit is actually pretty sharp.  Trump certainly dresses more "American" though since he dresses like a slob. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

DZs6eTbX4AAVnFa?format=jpg&name=900x900

Obama’s shameful tan suit on Easter Sunday back in the day when America wasn’t fucking nuts.

certainly i hear what you are saying, but i take small issue with the last point.  we were fucking nuts back then but it hadn't yet exposed itself.  as awful as our situation is right now, we are infinitely better off than when this image was caught.  it's out in the open now and will be dealt with.

we need a special person now who can heal the wounds while wounding the heels.

2 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I'm pretty confident you've got it backwards. It's handed off to USPS for final leg of delivery. The trucking is down by the large private carriers.

I don't think so.  

I live out in the country and the postal carrier delivers most of my Amazon packages,  but it gets sent to Dallas by UPS. 

d

Edited by Laga4

We just said the same thing. For example UPS will pick up the package, haul the package, and then run an algorithm to determine if it is worth paying a UPS driver to deliver the package (ex. already have other packages going to the address or next door neighbor), if not worth it and package is of acceptable smaller size, it gets punted to the post office.

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

I don't think so.  

I live out in the country and the postal carrier delivers most of my Amazon packages,  but it gets sent to Dallas by UPS. 

d

I think you are both saying the same thing.    I am in the same boat as Laga4 and get a lot of amazon stuff the same way.  It is size dependent whether it comes USPS or private carrier.

I don't know how it works but I'm Amazon Prime and live in a densely populated area and receive a lot of stuff USPS; a lot comes UPS too. A little on FedEx.

The most interesting part to me is that USPS will deliver on Sundays. I've been told that it's because of their contract with Amazon.com.

Trump on January 28th:"Everybody wants to solve the DACA problem," he said, later adding, "Nobody wants to take care of DACA more than myself and the Republican Party."

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1