Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s more unhinged than normal. 

I knew Syria would pay the price for Cohen getting raided. 

Syria was going to pay a price regardless and Trump is doing a poor job of wag-the-dog because he keeps talking about the Russia investigation.

It’s almost like Trump is trying to distract himself with Syria.

ABC: Comey compares Trump to mob boss

Source: Axios

A source present at the taping says James Comey's interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, airing Sunday at 10 p.m. as a "20/20" special, is "going to shock the president and his team." 

The source said Comey's comments, in his first interview since being fired by President Trump last May, will generate headlines and "certainly add more meat to the charges swirling around Trump." 

In an ABC promo, Stephanopoulos says Comey compared Trump to a mob boss. 

According to the source: 
- The Comey interview left people in the room stunned — he told George things that he’s never said before. 
- Some described the experience as surreal. The question will be how to fit it all into a one-hour show. 
- Comey answered every question. 
- If anyone wonders if Comey will go there, he goes there. 
Edited by Mapache

10 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Next stop...

I can’t accurately assess because I didn’t live through it but I can debate some of the historical facts.  Hitler was nowhere near the level of malfeasance Trump has displayed in 15 months.  Hitler never fired his SS director and he actually got re-elected. He also committed suicide with some dignity and didn’t go down kicking and screaming like a bitch at the very end.

Say what you will about Hitler, he did kill Hitler. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

How in the world can you assert that?  You have no idea.

Also, Iran Contra seems to me to be meh on the scandal scale. A bunch of dudes going nuts doing stuff they had no authority to do, but at least they all thought it was in America's interest.

Also for the many many lawyers on here if you happen to have had Philip Bobbitt ( counselor to the president during the Iran-Contra affair ) back in the day  he likes to point out that the term Iran-Contra was a media created thing. There were about a dozen interrelated illegal goings-on by that group and the Iran side of the equation and the Contra side of the equation were no more tied to each other than anything else.  It’s like calling your day the Purchase Eggs Watch 60 Minutes Affair.   

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

A bunch of dudes going nuts doing stuff they had no authority to do, but at least they all thought it was in America's interest.

This is the main difference for me.  The entire Russian kerfuffle is in direct opposition to what is good for America and they knowingly did it.  Allegedly.

1 hour ago, Mapache said:

ABC: Comey compares Trump to mob boss

Source: Axios

A source present at the taping says James Comey's interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, airing Sunday at 10 p.m. as a "20/20" special, is "going to shock the president and his team." 

The source said Comey's comments, in his first interview since being fired by President Trump last May, will generate headlines and "certainly add more meat to the charges swirling around Trump." 

In an ABC promo, Stephanopoulos says Comey compared Trump to a mob boss. 

According to the source: 
- The Comey interview left people in the room stunned — he told George things that he’s never said before. 
- Some described the experience as surreal. The question will be how to fit it all into a one-hour show. 
- Comey answered every question. 
- If anyone wonders if Comey will go there, he goes there. 

Should provide a good boost for the book sales. 

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I mean, its not like they were splashing his book cover over the teaser trailer. Sorry pointing out that this is a promotional event irks you guys. 

And Trump's entire campaign and Presidency has been a promotional event.  A very shitty promotional event, but still...

• Like 3

It is annoying that Comey will probably come out of this thing looking good, when he is probably more responsible than any other individual in America for Trump's election. It wasn't his intention, and I think he was trying to do what he saw as the closest-to-right thing in a bad situation, but he's going to publicly skate in the court of public opinion and he shouldn't.

• Like 2