Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

On fire today. 

Who would have guessed that threatening to abandon an ally to fend for itself would cause said ally to contemplate handling all defense measures on its own and without any US influence?  Who?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I think he can be "acting" and unconfirmed for 200 days or thereabouts. But I'm dumb

I haven't studied this but I think the Constitution and Vacancies Act control.  Vacancies Act (I think) provides for "recess" appointments that do not require Senate confirmation.  However, the Senate is in session so that's not applicable.  I don't think there is a way for him legally or constitutionally to do what he is trying to do.  Hence the DC Circuit's request for briefing from Mueller and Trump Admin. on the case challenging SC's authority.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

"Acting" appointment for 7 months. Recess appointment, made while congress is actually in recess, can last until the end of the next session. Thats my understanding. 

Here's a pretty good overview of the Vacancies Act.  I of course was wrong.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/vacancies-act-federal-government-backfill-cabinet-level-departures/story?id=59045866

11 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

Who would have guessed that threatening to abandon an ally to fend for itself would cause said ally to contemplate handling all defense measures on its own and without any US influence?  Who?

Blow up 200 year old friendships to pwn the libtards. Totally worth it.

I got some letters today from manufacturers saying the tariffs are about hit consumers fucking hard at the beginning of the year.  Consumer goods going up like 20% almost across the board.  Thank goodness for me there’s plenty of flexibility in the dildo market so I think I can absorb the hit but small businesses are going to be taking it up the tail pipe.

So much winning.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I got some letters today from manufacturers that the tariffs are about hit consumers fucking hard at the beginning of the year.  Consumer goods going up like 20% almost across the board.  Thank goodness for me there’s plenty of flexibility in the dildo market so I think I can absorb the hit but small businesses are going to be taking it up the tail pipe.

So much winning.

Something something absorb flexible dildo up tailpipe something. 

Reading is more fun if you don't sweat comprehension. 

Trying to stay on topic in this thread, I find it interesting that he is now just being an asshole with everything and anything that is in front of his face at the moment.  He hasn't really been an asshole on any issues since midterms, just lashing out at reporters, Obamas, CNN, etc.  Seems like maybe he's distracted.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I got some letters today from manufacturers saying the tariffs are about hit consumers fucking hard at the beginning of the year.  Consumer goods going up like 20% almost across the board.  Thank goodness for me there’s plenty of flexibility in the dildo market so I think I can absorb the hit but small businesses are going to be taking it up the tail pipe.

So much winning.

This is correct.

Good thing all those middle class people got a big tax break, right?

What is Trump’s ultimate end game here? So long as he and his people are in power, they can interfere with and potentially defer accountability, but unless he’s authoritarian president for life, the bill will come due at some point. That’s the moment he’ll burn the country down to avoid, and that’s the scariest part of all this. 

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This is correct.

Good thing all those middle class people got a big tax break, right?

I also heard from someone in the apartment industry to expect a big rise in rents due to goods from China being more expensive. So all the construction and renovations being done are going to be very expensive for renters.  So cost of living going up while wages stay stagnant. Recipe for a booming economy. 

13 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

What is Trump’s ultimate end game here? So long as he and his people are in power, they can interfere with and potentially defer accountability, but unless he’s authoritarian president for life, the bill will come due at some point. That’s the moment he’ll burn the country down to avoid, and that’s the scariest part of all this. 

He has no end game.  His brain doesn't work that way.  He's incapable of thinking beyond the next few hours.  As for the people around him, I have no idea.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I also heard from someone in the apartment industry to expect a big rise in rents due to goods from China being more expensive. So all the construction and renovations being done are going to be very expensive for renters.  So cost of living going up while wages stay stagnant. Recipe for a booming economy. 

I've heard the same thing. This is what happens when you elect a duplicitous self serving developer as president. You get a society of homeless people.

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

He has no end game.  His brain doesn't work that way.  He's incapable of thinking beyond the next few hours.  As for the people around him, I have no idea.  

You mean the next few minutes, might even be the next few seconds nowadays 

2 minutes ago, retread said:

Am I hungry? Am I thirsty? Are people saying nice things about me? Repeat...

Hmm. Maybe it’s time we started thinking about putting grandpa in a home.

“You already put me in a home!”

Oh yeah! Well maybe we’ll put you in that crooked home we saw on 60 minutes!

”I’ll be good.”

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

This is all about 2020. He’s not leaving without a fight. 

He lost states on Tuesday whose electoral votes he cannot win without.  

This is about keeping control of the Senate in 2019 and Mueller's report.  If he loses Arizona, it will only take one or two Susan Collins to shake everything up.  A lot of people forget that two Senators are (I).  

1 hour ago, The People’s Elbow said:

He’s a fat piece of shit fueled by fast food and kisses to his asshole.  He cares about literally nothing else.  If Hitler were here to praise his worthless ass, there’s no way he could resist returning praise.  He’s a simple animal.  If it came down to missing his next chicken McNugget vs Don Jr being buttfucked to death by a rabid pitbull, you know his easy choice.  To be fair, I’d dip that fucker in some buffalo sauce too...fuck Jr.  And daddy.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

And as usually happens - the Reps had 2 years to create enough changes to benefit the rich, that will ultimately cause financial problems which will now be blamed on the Dems. We’ve seen this before. 

I mean we’ve pretty much been indoctrinated to blame everything on democrats.  

“MUH Trump is only President because Hillary was the worst candidate EVER!1!”