Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Trump wouldn't have attacked Iraq. It wouldn't even have entered his mind or the minds of the grifting freaks he surrounds himself with.

Trump is no true believer in either the eternal destiny of Christendom or the tenets of liberal democracy. He wouldn't have gone on a holy crusade to spread Democracy at the point of a gun. We would've bombed Afghanistan to hell, declared victory, and ended it there.

Not because Trump is good, but because it makes no sense for him to want any of that. That's not what he cares about (unlike W and the neo-cons, who had been bloodthirsty for the Middle East for decades and literally wrote books and papers about how best to transform the region through military action).

Look at how Gaddafi said he was ending his (non-existent, completely fictional) WMD program in 2003 in order to curry favor with the West. It worked a charm. That would've been even easier with Trump at the helm.

That's probably right, in terms of military response.  However, what other non-military actions do you think we would have seen.  An even more massive and unchecked surveillance state and "random" full butt hole searches at the airport. I think that the non-military actions would have been even worse then they were, and they were pretty fucking bad in reality. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

A Washington Post journalist was cut to pieces with a bone saw and the Secretary of State is denying the accuracy of multiple classified briefings from the Director of the CIA.  Shit has been off the charts weird.  But never this weird.   

They really should open another investigation into this somehow. The WH's part in covering it up is so obviously fucked that it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out about direct bribes from the Saudis to Trump & Co. that are probably poorly hidden with a hilarious paper trail. After all the smoke clears between the Russia quid pro quo and this, I think one takeaway will be that Trump sought the presidency primarily for personal financial gain.

Edited by texastough

2 hours ago, retread said:

Stache's post is exactly why you can't even have a policy conversation w Cheeto. He'll filibuster and lie to advance the position that favors him, and, besides that, he doesn't even understand the facts themselves.

Ultimately he will deny ever having said that Mexico will pay for the wall.

13 hours ago, J.R. said:

WHY THE FUCK CANT SOMEONE CONCISELY ARTICULATE THE FOLLOWING QUESTION TO DOTARD:

”Mr President:  i’m going to ask you a very direct question so I would appreciate a direct response. How did we go from your campaign promise that Mexico would pay for your wall to your demand today that the American taxpayers pay for the wall or you will shut down the government?“

Lets see how that would play out:

Reporter JR: Mr. President, I'm going to ask a very direct question, how did we---

DOTARD: JR? JR Ewing? Great TV, many people didn't know that, great show. Love Texas, the people there love me, bigly...

Reporter JR: -- go from your campaign promise that Mexico would pay---

DOTARD: Border security. We must have a wall. We need secure borders from drugs and bad people. Some good people too, but they are telling me terrorists and rapists are coming over too. Democrats want terrorists to come in.

Reporter JR: --for your wall to your demand that the American---

DOTARD: We are looking into that, we'll see what happens, maybe we can get it for 5 billion, maybe 4.5 billion we'll see what happens, next question...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

This showdown today again makes me long for us to have the equivalent of a weekly "Question Time," like the Brits and the Aussies. Trump would have been forced to clown himself every week since his inauguration. He would have been at the mercy of not just Pelosi and Schumer but also Schiff, Harris, Warren, and [your favorite D inquisitor here]. Shit, even old farts like Leahy would shred him like an angry terrier's chew toy. Not only would it be must-see TV, but it would also demonstrate his idiocy and inability to think on his feet and create new stars in the opposition. We'd have a clearer view of who should be running in 2020. And, like, it would like bring in some accountability, man. We shouldn't have to rely on the White House press corps for that, and our president should not be able to hide behind shills like Spicer and Huckaby Sanders. Direct combat. That's what we need. 

Here Here!

(or is it Hear Hear! ?

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

I don't know Quigley.  But considering the way things work these days, I expect he'll be arrested, deloused with a fire hose, humiliated with a broom handle, released on bail, invited to an embassy and then getting severed into many pieces and disappearing in scattered chunks somewhere over the Red Sea.  That silly son of a bitch is way out of line and unless he knows how to maintenance Pat Robertson's diamond mining equipment, he's useless to all of us.

He's a Democrat. How is he out of line?

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

He's a Democrat. How is he out of line?

It's a fishing term.  Something only an angler would understand.  But in all seriousness, I don't really think he'll be sodomized with a broom or cut up and tossed from an airplane.  And what are the odds he's certified to operate mining equipment?  Not likely seeing as he's a lawyer from Chicago.  It's time for serious talk.  If you have any more queries don't hesitate to contact headquarters. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, texastough said:

They really should open another investigation into this somehow. The WH's part in covering it up is so obviously fucked that it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out about direct bribes from the Saudis to Trump & Co. that are probably poorly hidden with a hilarious paper trail. After all the smoke clears between the Russia quid pro quo and this, I think one takeaway will be that Trump sought the presidency primarily for personal financial gain.

The bribes are all of the hotel rooms they’re constantly paying for and not staying in.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

DOTARD:  "Trust me, Mexico will be paying for it ultimately.  We have been very clear, and things are happening.  They will ultimately be paying for the wall."

PRESS:  "But your asking for Congress to appropriate the funding out of the treasury.  That means the American taxpayers are paying for it."

DOTARD:  "Trust me, Mexico will ultimately be paying for it.  You're being very unfair in your comments.  That's why the people don't trust you.  It's all fake news."

PRESS:  "What do you mean that Mexico will ultimately be paying for an appropriation from the US Treasury?"

DOTARD:  "Trust me, things are happening.  You're twisting facts.  It's fake news.  The people understand."

DOTARD WORSHIPPERS:  "Yay Trump, Fuck Mexico!  They gonna pay for it!  Fuck the fake news!"

Can you provide link to the video from this conversation, since I am 99% sure that this is real. 

This is the second close associate of Donald Trump who will be required to have his butthole checked before he moves from room to room.  At the current rate there will be other close associates who will get their buttholes checked.  Logic is beginning to dictate that a close working relationship with Donald Trump will lead to having your butthole checked.  The high likelihood of enduring multiple butthole checks eventually becomes an obstacle to acquiring talent for hire, as many people have a strong aversion to having their butthole checked.  For example, Chief of Staff is a very prominent position that leads to even more prominence, but the position is sullied and becomes demeaning the moment you have to have your butthole checked.  Having your butthole checked reduces your profile and can be humiliating.  Weighing these pros and cons, these elite positions are rarely worth even one butthole check, much less multiple butthole checks.    

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It's a fishing term.  Something only an angler would understand.  But in all seriousness, I don't really think he'll be sodomized with a broom or cut up and tossed from an airplane.  And what are the odds he's certified to operate mining equipment?  Not likely seeing as he's a lawyer from Chicago.  It's time for serious talk.  If you have any more queries don't hesitate to contact headquarters. 

You're trying too hard. 

2 minutes ago, retread said:

I think Mueller realizes that it's a long shot to get Trump, at least while in office. However, he's going to take down everyone in Trump's orbit who was involved in criminal activity.

It’s sort of the best thing.  Trumps presidency is effectively over.  He won’t get anything done the next two years and will be voted out.  For the good of our nation, we need to shame everyone that is complicit in this sort of behavior and that is what Mueller + the electorate are doing.  

As someone stated upthread, one of the most important things going forward will be restoring the primacy of the rule of law -- for everyone. Maybe the Ds can create the kind of transparency that our country will need...

Edited by retread

33 minutes ago, retread said:

I think Mueller realizes that it's a long shot to get Trump, at least while in office. However, he's going to take down everyone in Trump's orbit who was involved in criminal activity.

Right now the Congressional GOP is starting to reveal their understanding that in order to survive in 2020, they will have to pre-empt Mueller and jettison Trump.  Even so, there are multiple major investigations set to drop that could simply annihilate what's left of the complicit members of the GOP.  It's going to be a rough next 6 months.  The start date is undetermined, but Trump will die in prison.

• Like 1

Flippy Beeman, Explosive Fertilizer Tribune

David Pecker and AMI have reached a non-prosecution agreement with SDNY in connection with their role in making a $150,000 payment and admitted that the payment was made to suppress a woman's story to prevent it from influencing the 2016 presidential election.  AMI admitted that the payment was made in concert with Donald Trump.  Sources close to David Pecker confirmed that his name is really David Pecker.  "Seriously, that's his name, okay.  Pecker.  Grow up.  His name is David Pecker.  Stop giggling.  It's not really that funny," one source said.

Flippy and the rest of the staff at the Explosive Fertilizer Tribune sound immature.  

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

oh look, a coordinated criminal conspiracy. 

There's going to be all kinds of fun RICO charges spilling out of the entire Trump business racket.

Yes, and Trump can't blame this solely on Cohen and play the victim of the aggrieved client with a shady lawyer. AMI has now admitted to being part of the Trump-Cohen conspiracy. 

So the publication that started 'Fake News' was in collusion with the guy that called out every other outlet as 'Fake News'?  Got it.  

What's the old saying?..."I can't define irony, but I know it when I see it..."  

Sometimes I catch a bit of that dipshit Buck Sexton's show on AM radio at night -- last night he was ranting about Stormy Daniels and "extortion".  Trump didn't do anything wrong, it was textbook extortion.

This guy was allegedly a CIA analyst and he can't bring himself to say "Trump should have taken it to law enforcement if he was being extorted".  No, he just makes up an extortion claim out of whole cloth and then uses it to exonerate Trump.

I hate people.

Edited by jimmyjazz

42 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

my bet is he's slipped out and is right now stepping onto the tarmac that leads to the presidential rail car.  what he doesn't know yet is the train is gassed up and express to tympy, a scant 2800 miles from the rojo rectangle.

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

For the good of our nation, we need to shame everyone that is complicit in this sort of behavior and that is what Mueller + the electorate are doing.  

Everyone who has supported, self-identified as, or voted for a Republican after Helsinki is complicit in Trump’s treason and other criminality.  Agree that they all need to be outed and shamed.  

• Like 1