Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Uh oh, Donnie isn't happy with Jared:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/12/jared-after-fiasco-trump-is-eyeing-bannon-ally-dave-bossie

But Ayers’s surprise decision to walk away from Trump’s offer has blown open the chief-of-staff search and, according to sources familiar with the situation, damaged Kushner’s standing with the president. “This was a big repudiation of Jared,” a prominent Republican close to the White House said. According to a source, Trump instructed Kushner, who almost never speaks publicly, to appear on Sean Hannity’s show on Monday night to be the face of the chief-of-staff debacle. “Trump said, ‘You’re going to go on there and defend me and take blame for chief of staff as punishment,’” a source briefed on the conversation said. (Kushner’s hit was spun externally as a discussion of prison reform.)

With Ayers out, Trump appears to be taking a hard look at candidates with vastly different politics and style than Kushner and Ivanka. According to two sources, Trump is scheduled to interview Citizens United president Dave Bossie at the White House on Friday. (Bossie declined to comment.) Bossie, who served as deputy campaign manager of Trump’s 2016 campaign, is known as a political street fighter and is a close confidant of Corey Lewandowski and Steve Bannon. With House Democrats poised to launch investigations of Trump in January, Bossie’s experience in political trench warfare is viewed by Trump as a plus. “Trump is all over how Bossie knows investigations,” one Republican briefed on the search said.

Bossie is among several hard-liners Trump is considering for the job. At the Army-Navy Game on Saturday, Trump quizzed friends in the box about House Freedom Caucus chair Mark Meadows. One attendee brought up acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker,and Trump replied, “I love Matt!,” one person who overheard the conversation said. With Bossie, Meadows, and Whitaker getting serious attention, Kushner and Ivanka are racing to inject a new horse into the race. Politico reported they have recommended Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin for the job, but Mnuchin is said to be not interested. One source said they’ve suggested former deputy national-security adviser Dina Powell, but a source close to Powell said she wants to remain at Goldman Sachs. (The White House did not respond to a request for comment.)

The problem, as Kelly found, is that Trump is impossible to manage. “It doesn’t matter who the president has in there—he’ll do what he wants,” an outside adviser said.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Makes sense.  I use a Kroger card to receive savings on my groceries.  I also make monthly payments on my car.  Therefore Kroger is actually paying for my car.  Thanks Kroger.

I do not have a Kroger savings card, so I am paying full price.

Maybe I'll get a thank you note from Nice Guy Eddie for paying for his car.

I'm not sure where to put this but I think Melania used some of Dotard's piss yellow hair color dye for some reason. Yuk.

Looking back, the clearest sign one of my pre-marriage serious relationships was at the beginning of the end was when she drastically changed her hair.

Trump was victimized by this rogue legal scofflaw M Cohen who didn't do his job, and is a weak liar and tried to implicate Trump to save his hide. That's what he's going with. 

And Trump was so nice to him on the phone discussing all this in intimate detail way back when too. 

4 minutes ago, ADHD said:

Anyway, who wants to be Chief of Staff!

You know, if he can't get a true believer to join the cause, he might as well just go without one. It's not like he actually utilized the services of the two he has had thus far.

Hell, it would be spun as a way to save the taxpayers money.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

The Cohen paradigm shall repeat itself forever. Also, if u take the job as a sweetener, women will hate you, Jared & Ivanka will burn you and you'll be clowned by the media forever. And these are the perks of being COS!

Moreover the Russians might kill you later in life in a literal revolving door on K street, like Moe Green in Godfather.

Take the job! It's an offer YOU CANNOT REFUSE quickly enough.

15 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

sure, i mean, lots of people agree to years-long prison sentences just to embarrass other people.   not because they are guilty, but to embarrass people.

And, if the charges were not criminal and only civil, why is Cohen going to jail then? 

Can't believe this guy is the president. 

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

So, we're going with "Cohen pleaded guilty to things that are not crimes"?

This from a guy who has bragged on multiple occasions that his numerous lawsuits have made him more knowledgeable of the law than most attorneys. 

Seriously. Of all the dumbasses, he's the dumbest ass. 

43 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You know, if he can't get a true believer to join the cause, he might as well just go without one. It's not like he actually utilized the services of the two he has had thus far.

Hell, it would be spun as a way to save the taxpayers money.

when was the last time we didn't have daily press briefings? when was the last time the president didn't have a chief of staff? we should not stop observing all of this as abnormal

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, achooloco said:

when was the last time we didn't have daily press briefings? when was the last time the president didn't have a chief of staff? we should not stop observing all of this as abnormal

Nothing has been normal since noon on 1/20/17.

• Like 2