Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/christian-bale-meeting-donald-trump-1203087706/

On the red carpet for the premiere of “Vice,” Bale, who stars as former Vice President Dick Cheney, shared that he met the current president while filming “The Dark Knight Rises” back in 2011.

“I met him, one time,” he said Variety’s Marc Malkin. “We were filming on ‘Batman’ in Trump Tower and he said, ‘Come on up to the office.'”

“I think he thought I was Bruce Wayne,” Bale joked, “because I was dressed as Bruce Wayne. So he talked to me like I was Bruce Wayne and I just went along with it, really. It was quite entertaining. I had no idea at the time that he would think about running for president.”

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1 min ago

ANTI-Christian Bale says I thought he was Bruce Wayne! FAKE NEWS. I clearly remember him BEGGING me to buy the the newspapers he was peddling in NYC as a kid. He's always been a talentless NOBODY!

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

ANTI-Christian Bale says I thought he was Bruce Wayne! FAKE NEWS. I clearly remember him BEGGING me to buy the the newspapers he was peddling in NYC as a kid. He's always been a talentless NOBODY!

Needs one of those Official White House Press Release thingys.

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So, I'll fully admit that I had to go check to see if this was real.

Amazed that there's been radio silence from the Tweeter in Chief all day. 

• Like 1

Any day now, Fox is gonna shove Napolitano overboard.  I can see an overly confused elderly audience just not sure of what they are hearing.  Can't be good for the network:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/president-trump-felon-fox-news-legal-analyst/

“We learned that the federal prosecutors here in New York City, not Bob Mueller and his team in Washington D.C., career prosecutors have evidence that the president of the United States committed a felony by ordering and paying Michael Cohen to break the law,” he said. “How do we know that? They told that to a federal judge and under the rules, they can’t tell that to a federal judge unless they have the evidence.”

Napolitano said the prosecutors who handled this are pros—and that this increases his confidence they got it right.

“The U.S. Attorney in Manhattan, a Donald Trump appointee taking a page from Jeff Sessions book, recused himself, leaving this case in the hands of the full-time career professional prosecutors,” he said. “They’re the ones that prosecuted Michael Cohen, told the federal judge that Donald Trump orchestrated these unlawful payments.”

Trump appears to be guilty of a felony, said Napolitano.

“The felony is paying Michael Cohen to commit a felony. It’s pretty basic,” he said, explaining how hiring someone to commit a crime makes you guilty of that crime. “You’re liable, criminally liable for the commission of that crime. That’s what the prosecutors told the federal judge.”

Do something shitty with immigration is his default move when things look very bad for him.  This one is probably 2nd only to jailing kids in tents.  It's just fucking despicable.  These people were moved to the US because their help during the war made staying in Vietnam dangerous for them.  He like shitting on our allies though, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by kevwun

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Do something shitty with immigration is his default move when things look very bad for him.  This one is probably 2nd only to jailing kids in tents.  It's just fucking despicable.  These people were moved to the US because their help during the war made staying in Vietnam dangerous for them.  He like shitting on our allies though, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

It's the classical sophmore slump. You have your whole life to write your first album and 6 months to write your second.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, that's enough.  The things I'm thinking right now . . . 

Well, to be fair, Vietnam wasn't much of a war - I mean, it was so piddling that we didn't even need the greatest hero America has ever seen, Senior Cadet Bonespurs, to help fight it.

Now, you want a real war....if we ever start deporting people who came over to party at Studio 54, Senior Cadet Bonespur's own personal Vietnam, well THEN you'll know that shit's gotten real.

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

And by the way, the Vietnamese have traditionally been reasonably pro-Republican in their voting preferences, owing to their anti-Communism.  

This is a good way for the GOP to alienate yet another voting bloc.

Anyone EXCEPT angry, uneducated white guys need not apply.

• Like 2

Erik Prince could've wanted whatever he wanted in 2001. He didn't draw enough water to make anyone pay attention.

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

That's probably right, in terms of military response.  However, what other non-military actions do you think we would have seen.  An even more massive and unchecked surveillance state and "random" full butt hole searches at the airport. I think that the non-military actions would have been even worse then they were, and they were pretty fucking bad in reality. 

What is it about Trump's ideas or the ideas of those he surrounds himself with that makes you think he would've gone harder on this than W and the neo-cons?

5 hours ago, lemonlime said:

If we're speculating on what trump would have done, he probably would have used nukes.  He's repeatedly said why have nukes if you're not going to use them.  It's at least as likely trump would have destroyed the entire planet after starting World War III as any more positive outcome in Afghanistan.

If that's the extent of the logic, why isn't he using them now?

Trump does not care about this stuff.

58 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It has to be said every time. 

I don't know why people bother with these satirical DJT tweets. 

The real ones are bad enough, so bad that they really mock themselves and don't need help. 

• Like 5

Cross Meadows off the list.

https://www.axios.com/mark-meadows-white-house-trump-chief-of-staff-50bcc83a-0729-4a11-af7b-b806db2b5e29.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

House Freedom Caucus chair Mark Meadows is no longer being considered as a replacement to White House chief of staff John Kelly, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement Wednesday. 

"Congressman Mark Meadows is a great friend to President Trump and is doing an incredible job in [C]ongress. The President told him we need him in Congress so he can continue the great work he is doing there."

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That little Nazi, Stephen Miller, has to be behind the Vietnamese deportations. I wish someone would go Viet Cong on his ass. 

This was my first thought too.  That little hottie Phao Le turned him down for the Jr. High dance and now he's going to get back at ALL OF THEMMM!!!!

Edited by Chad Fuck

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Rep for Newsies reference.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Jesus fuck that is a creepy face. No wonder he fits in with the trump admin

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

72fefe372947a184e51669483ec6fead.jpg

I don’t think I’ve ever seen his teeth before.

Nightmare fuel.

He thinks he finally found his precious.