Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I was leaving some room for disagreement, but you're right.  He's a lovable buffoon with a perfectly sphere-shaped head.  

“No, it's perfectly round, your head. Perfectly spherical head, your face is slightly too big for it, it always goes over the, almost goes over the sides. Perfectly round head, um, pug little nose, funny gimp eyes with no expression, hangdog look, like a little mouth, like a little lamprey, not formed, not human formed, the way your expression, is, it is like you've had a lobotomy, your head goes weird at the back, it's got a little nod in it, uh, it's really strange, your face. And you're stupid.”

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Trump seems to possess a superpower related to conflict.  Whereas most people, myself included, are drained when embroiled in conflict, he seems to draw some bizzaro dark matter energy from it.  So while he may not have balls, he has a strange comfort being at the center of an existential crisis.

i was sort of thinking the same thing.  he's been puttering around on the wall for two years with a bunch of sycophants in both chambers.  now that the Ds have one of them back, he's all amped about the wall because he gets to fight someone about it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Trump seems to possess a superpower related to conflict.  Whereas most people, myself included, are drained when embroiled in conflict, he seems to draw some bizzaro dark matter energy from it.  So while he may not have balls, he has a strange comfort being at the center of an existential crisis.

Axis II. 

49 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

But here's the thing.  That doesn't fucking matter to 30% of the Fox breathing syphillis contingent of society. 

It doesn't matter now. It will when it's their jobs that are lost because of the shutdown, when it's their medicare and medicaid checks that aren't arriving, when it's their lives that are affected.

But Trump is just a consequence of what's going on and not a cause. The important thing isn't what kind of play Pelosi made here; it's that she made any play at all. It's a step in the right direction, at least.

We must have Congress asserting its authority over the things the Constitution grants it authority over. If anything, we want to see Congress over-reach, and really stick its nose into things that the Executive branch has so far dominated and expanded into. It's not just about border walls and impeachment proceedings. We need to see Congress really saying, "No, you can't do this, that's our job." And we need to see them doing that for things that aren't just the things Trump is claiming he can do, and not just for the things that past presidents have done that have been Congress' specialty, but we won't really know that the pendulum is starting to swing back until they're claiming the ability to do things that the Constitution has explicitly granted to the Executive branch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

This. Should have said as soon as you deliver on the funding from Mexico, that you promised, the wall can be built.

She should have just said "Why should we have a vote for funding the wall in the U.S. Congress when Mexico is going to pay for it? That makes no sense, Mr. President. If Mexico is going to pay for the wall, shouldn't their Congress be voting on it?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

LULZ.  I hope he's got a good cut man in his corner because Trump has a gash opened up above his eye after the very first altercation.  I could never have imagined that I would be pulling for Nancy and Chuck, but here we are.  

Yeah, I've been in "enemy of my enemy is my friend" territory since the election.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The flailing continues

I personally didnt know that being a Democrat was a disqualifier for heading the FBI.  

Even though maybe Comey is actually a lifelong Republican just hoping for any adult to take back the White House.  Someone should tell Trump that being a sycophant to the commander in chief is not a job responsibility for the FBI.

11 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Yep, he clearly found it awkward and I don’t blame him. 

I also noticed Chuck had the old man/retirement home hunch going on, Mother Nature sure is cruel. 

Honestly I'm not sure if it was the right move for him. Democrats are never going to like him so playing it like a normal politician like he did just makes him come off to the Trump base as weak and not supportive. Kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't moment.

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

if the government is shutdown over no border security, meaning the Border Patrol doesn't work those days, wouldn't that defeat the purpose? 

Yes. But I'm sure Trump will have someone put up a sign stating that the border is closed due to the Government shutdown. Those who want to cross illegally will just have to wait.