Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

The Republicans swung for the fences in the beginning with the Mueller investigation.  They got the nothingburger/witch hunt talking points and hoped it would just all go away.

It didn’t help them that the places they got much of their information from was trash media like Fox News and talk radio.  

So now we have the President’s attorney and campaign manager looking a serious hard time.

Now we’re being told by the same people that said “there was nothing there” that the Mueller report won’t have teeth. 

The Mueller report, if we ever see it, will be all teeth. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He should post the job on Monster.com or something.

Given the degradation and debasement the person getting the job is going to face, I think a BDSM personals site is his best answer.

Covfefe69 posted: "Seeking loyal slave willing to submit COMPLETELY.  Applicants must have zero self-respect, no limits and be willing to submit to my every whim.  THERE WILL BE NO SAFE WORDS.  Must take pride in being willing to SACRIFICE EVERYTHING for your master if asked, because you will be.  YUUUUGE PLUS if applicant has experience in executive management and/or politics."

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Republicans swung for the fences in the beginning with the Mueller investigation.  They got the nothingburger/witch hunt talking points and hoped it would just all go away.

It didn’t help them that the places they got much of their information from was trash media like Fox News and talk radio.  

So now we have the President’s attorney and campaign manager looking a serious hard time.

Now we’re being told by the same people that said “there was nothing there” that the Mueller report won’t have teeth. 

The Mueller report, if we ever see it, will be all teeth. 

imgur

• Like 2
I wish I could see the faces of the typical mouth breathing 70+ year old foxnews rubes watching this. Lol

That host is like...uhh, that’s not what you’re supposed to say.

And just read the comments on that tweet to know what the rubes are thinking...

“Mueller will be in Guantanamo soon...”

LOLZ.

I'm sorry---did I just hear on MSNBC that Trump is considering the current President of the Yankees as his Chief of Staff?  I don't know who I dislike more, Trump or the Yankees.  But the upside is, the guy will almost certainly bring Morgan, Wilhelm, and Costanza with him to fill out the staff.  Shit, even Tartabull may get a role.  

At least these sons of bitches get things done you bastard.

7b242235e16f79f18a854c0c403f76bf.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Many of you will be disappointed by the lack of teeth in Mueller's report.  Most of you will are over-inflating every little detail that gets leaked out about the report and its subsequent filings.  Nearly everyone is clinging to Trump's usual hyperbolic reactions as some sort of gospel-like insight into what the near future holds.  

But the crickets chirping from his usual circles of GOP supportive leadership has been eerie.  It's as if he's calling them up to circle the wagons of support, yelling about witch hunts and how they owe trump big time, and all that.  And the various Republican big-wigs are simply looking at the phone like, "Uncle Leo?" (click)...

I think I understand what Lobo is saying, even if I don't agree with the first half of it.

Here's the bottom line--and it's a bottom line you can see from Hatch's remarks: we've got a coalition that will continue to win in the Senate so long as there's a decent economy, and we're not going to fuck with it.

But here's the postscript: what happens when we don't have a decent economy?  And you only need to look at the bond market and the latest jobs report to see cause for concern.  

Trump has a 40% approval rating with an outstanding economy.  What is his approval rating with a poor economy?  That question is even more pointed after the 2016 realignment, when the Republican base is now made up of voters who are more sensitive to economic downturns.  It's not to say that in the post-2016 alignment Youngstown is going to go Democratic.  But it is to wonder whether those people who were so enthusiastic about voting for Trump in 2016 will be so eager to vote for him (or any Republican) in 2020 after being unemployed for 24 months.  And if those people aren't enthusiastic about voting, is there any way for the Republicans to offset the suburban middle classes who are eager to vote against the Republicans?

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

This period of time will be looked back historically as one of the most dangerous for our democracy.  The deep corruption of the President will be an obvious topic, but the scariest part will be the embrace and protection given by his supporting party.  Even our founding fathers failed to anticipate that wrinkle. As they honestly believed that patriotism would always win out and that is why the system of checks and balances would conceivably work. To be honest nearly everyone, myself included thought that some congressional oversight with a combination of a few adults in the room might temper Trump.  Instead Trump's party decided to justify anything if they could get a Supreme Justice or two.  

I guess the only thing certain beyond the historical significance of this time is that you can be nearly certain that in about 30 years if the GOP regains control of Texas. That the Texas State School Board will try to remove the section about the collusion of the GOP House and Senate in protecting Trump...

I think the next period of time is even more dangerous.  The Democrats are going to regain power in 2020.  And when they do, they're going to come with a justified sense of grievance and vengeance.  

The biggest task facing the next president is going to be the restoration of our norms, traditions, and institutions.  But if he saw his primary task to be ensuring that Republicans never again hold power, I would certainly understand that position.  But that position, as attractive and justified as it may be, would be very bad for our democratic form of government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burt said:

He'd only be COS until Datard either dies of natural causes or is forced out of office.  He'd be back in his prime time slot by the end of next summer.

No way Hannity accepts. He doesn't believe the garbage he spews to the morons. He knows trump is guilty as shit and is about to be nailed to the wall by Mueller et al. He won't jump in the middle of that garbage to possibly be taken down too.  

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The biggest task facing the next president is going to be the restoration of our norms, traditions, and institutions.  But if he saw his primary task to be ensuring that Republicans never again hold power, I would certainly understand that position.  But that position, as attractive and justified as it may be, would be very bad for our democratic form of government.

We need (at least) two parties for a functioning democracy.  But there's nothing that says one of those parties has to be the Republicans.  The current Republican party is the party of treason and bigotry and should never again hold the power to be dogcatcher in Podunk.  I do hope that a new party, maybe with a combination of Never Trumpers and libertarians, rises.

• Like 2

It’s pretty funny hearing some worried about the Democrats going scorched earth on Republicans when they take power.  Lol, yeah right, I wish. 

The Dems are habitual pushovers and part of the reason we’re in this mess.  The democrats will do what they’ve always done, act like the adults while the GOP screams and cries about how unfair the democrats are. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Fixing the god dammed damage done to protecting the environment

25 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

miserable fucks.

Unfortunately for the gop, the rubes are 100% behind their orange god and will choose him over the gop

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s pretty funny hearing some worried about the Democrats going scorched earth on Republicans when they take power.  Lol, yeah right, I wish. 

The Dems are habitual pushovers and part of the reason we’re in this mess.  The democrats will do what they’ve always done, act like the adults while the GOP screams and cries about how unfair the democrats are. 

Dems need to stop bringing piss to a shit fight.

tenor.gif?itemid=4023941

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

The destruction of the gop will be one of the best things to happen to our form of government in quite a while. Hopefully we see a splintering into three or more overall parties. The dichotomy of the current system is an abortion. 

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The destruction of the gop will be one of the best things to happen to our form of government in quite a while. Hopefully we see a splintering into three or more overall parties. The dichotomy of the current system is an abortion. 

i would like to see the two party system go back to being a contest of ideals and policy positions rather than liberal vs conservative constructs. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

We need (at least) two parties for a functioning democracy.  But there's nothing that says one of those parties has to be the Republicans.  The current Republican party is the party of treason and bigotry and should never again hold the power to be dogcatcher in Podunk.  I do hope that a new party, maybe with a combination of Never Trumpers and libertarians, rises.

Shit.  If there's a new party, it will be taken over by Republicans who fully supported Trump, but need to find a new home for their survival because the GOP brand will have become too toxic.  Like a hermit crab finding a new shell to reside in.

If the GOP has shown over the past 30 years...they have an outstanding knack of changing their messaging, plank and mission statement to fit the shifting political winds.  Think back to 2010 and the Tea Party infatuation (that had a short shelf life). If their elected members feel the only possible survival of their political position and, personally, their seat is to leave the GOP and go to the newly formed Liberty party, they will do just that.

Kinda like Hydra taking over Shield.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He should post the job on Monster.com or something.

A friend of mine, and IT guy / metal guitarist / singer wrote this today:

I realize this will come as a surprise to many of you, but I wanted to let you all know that I have accepted a new position as the Chief of Staff of the Trump administration. While my history as an advocate of bong hits, 40 oz beers, and amplifiers that are oversized for the venue might suggest a less-than-patriotic perspective, or perhaps even outright disdain for the Greatness of America: it is, nonetheless, a solid fact that I am pretty qualified, especially since personal ethics aren't something I get too worked up over.

It's not a lost cause. Our President can surely benefit from a fresh, different perspective on America's many challenges. For example: how can Black Sabbath's groundbreaking third album inform our increasingly complicated relationship with our trading partners in the Asia Pacific region? With the growing threats to our national security, should we choose Doom III or Quake II as the gold standard for planning our tactical response? And perhaps most importantly - should we face the existential threats to our nation's democratic ideals with apathy, or cynicism? Or... dare I say it... a combination of both?

These are the big issues I promise I will shove under the rug unceremoniously once I take on my new responsibilities.

I wasn't going to do this at all until Trump promised me I could "work from home", and I found a BW3 that has a decent wifi connection. So far I am digging it but some "general" guy keeps texting me about stuff though and I was like, lay off during happy hour dude!! These fried cheese curds aren't gonna eat themselves!

Anyway I just missed the last round of my trivia game so I gotta run, call my agent lol!!

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

I've been saying this for years.  

The last D or R I voted for was Richard Nixon,  until the last election when I voted straight D. 

The sad thing is,  it's not gonna happen.  One of the major parties is going to have to figure it out and sell the electorate.  

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think I understand what Lobo is saying, even if I don't agree with the first half of it.

Here's the bottom line--and it's a bottom line you can see from Hatch's remarks: we've got a coalition that will continue to win in the Senate so long as there's a decent economy, and we're not going to fuck with it.

But here's the postscript: what happens when we don't have a decent economy?  And you only need to look at the bond market and the latest jobs report to see cause for concern.  

Trump has a 40% approval rating with an outstanding economy.  What is his approval rating with a poor economy?  That question is even more pointed after the 2016 realignment, when the Republican base is now made up of voters who are more sensitive to economic downturns.  It's not to say that in the post-2016 alignment Youngstown is going to go Democratic.  But it is to wonder whether those people who were so enthusiastic about voting for Trump in 2016 will be so eager to vote for him (or any Republican) in 2020 after being unemployed for 24 months.  And if those people aren't enthusiastic about voting, is there any way for the Republicans to offset the suburban middle classes who are eager to vote against the Republicans?

I think the next period of time is even more dangerous.  The Democrats are going to regain power in 2020.  And when they do, they're going to come with a justified sense of grievance and vengeance.  

Well we’re completely fucked then, because restoring our norms, traditions, and institutions requires the absolute destruction of the Republican Party.

• Like 3

God, this CoS search is going to continue to be high comedy fuckery.

On Friday night, members of Donald Trump’s West Wing gathered for drinks at the Trump International Hotel following a holiday dinner at the White House. As they mingled in the lobby, Bill Shine, Stephen Miller, Kellyanne Conway, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and others grappled with the latest West Wing upheaval: Trump had changed the plan and fired Chief of Staff John Kelly earlier that afternoon. “It got back to Trump that Kelly was bad-mouthing him and Trump had decided he’d had enough. His attitude was, ‘fuck him,’” an attendee told me.

Kelly’s defenestration surprised few people—Trump had wanted to fire him for months—but the lingering problem had been finding a replacement whom Trump felt comfortable with (and who wanted the job). “The president really wanted someone he knows. He didn’t want to gamble,” a former West Wing official said. After weeks of lobbying by Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, Trump had been convinced that Mike Pence’s 36-year-old chief of staff, Nick Ayers, was the best candidate. On Friday afternoon, Trump met with Ayers, Pence, and Kelly and finalized the transition, a source briefed on the meeting said. A press release announcing Ayers’s hiring was reportedly drafted and ready to go for when Trump planned to announce Kelly’s departure on Monday.

But Trump’s frustration with Kelly boiled over after Kelly pressed him to name his deputy Zachary Fuentes interim chief of staff. “Trump didn’t like how Kelly was trying to dictate the terms of his departure,” a Republican briefed on the discussions told me. Trump blew up the carefully orchestrated announcement and told reporters on Saturday as he walked to Marine One that Kelly would be leaving by the end of the year. “John wanted to announce his own departure. This was a humiliation,” a former West Wing official said.

Trump’s impulsive announcement quickly became an even bigger problem when it turned out that Kelly’s replacement was not sewn up; Ayers surprised Trump later that day by insisting that he only wanted the job short term. “Trump was pissed, he was caught off guard,” a former West Wing official briefed on the talks said. Sources said Ayers, who has triplets, told Trump he wanted to return to Georgia with his wife in the spring and work on a super PAC supporting Trump’s 2020 re-election. But a former White House official said Ayers wanted to avoid intense scrutiny on his financial dealings (last year, Ayers reported a net worth of $12.2 million to $54.8 million from his political-consulting ventures). “He started getting calls from reporters with requests for information about how he made his money and he thought, ‘Do I really want to do this?’” said a source familiar with his thinking.

Losing Ayers put Trump back in the position of searching for a chief of staff at a time when the White House will be under siege from Robert Mueller and House Democrats. Over the weekend, Blackstone Chairman and C.E.O. Stephen Schwarzman called Trump and recommended Blackstone senior managing director Wayne Berman for the role, a source said. (A spokesperson for Blackstone denied this.) But sources said Trump doesn’t have any obvious choices. Allies of Steve Bannon are pushing House Freedom Caucus Chair Mark Meadows and Citizens United president Dave Bossie. Other names that have surfaced include Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Office of Management and Budget Head Mick Mulvaney. A senior White House official told me, in a sign of the depth of the current difficulties, that even former chief of staff Reince Priebus has been brought up as a possible replacement for Kelly.

A White House spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment.

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Well we’re completely fucked then, because restoring our norms, traditions, and institutions requires the absolute destruction of the Republican Party.

So what do we do with the traitors then, once that is done?  There are currently tens of millions of them in the US.  They don’t just suddenly become great people and solid citizens once the Republican Party is destroyed.  They’re still traitors. 

2 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

i would like to see the two party system go back to being a contest of ideals and policy positions rather than liberal vs conservative constructs. 

When one party has the ideals of pimps it's hard to imagine they are going to change any time soon. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

So what do we do with the traitors then, once that is done?  There are currently tens of millions of them in the US.  They don’t just suddenly become great people and solid citizens once the Republican Party is destroyed.  They’re still traitors. 

They're dying as fast as they can. Rubes, morons, and I am related to some of them. They'll help you pull the ox out of the ditch and then rail about Muslims or The Gayz, or the Demoncrats or all three!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-really-popular-in-rural-areas-other-places-not-so-much/

• Like 1