Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Yankees President $300k plus. 
WH Chief of Staff $180k.
Sure, he will take that job. Ordinarily, I guess a Trump position would net you at least another 100k in grift, but that door is closing quickly and everyone that isn't Trump knows it. 

Get the money up front.

For example, future COS Brisketexan would buy 10 acres of goat land in West Texas, which I would then sell to a land speculator from the KSA who wants to develop a new resort, for $1million per acre. That’s just a savvy land sale. Which I would need to close before I took the gig.

6 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He's gonna go ahead and twitter and whatnot and talk himself out of the possible defense that he didn't know it was a crime.  Also, smocking:

I actually believe this one. Because where there’s smock there’s fur.  

And that doesn’t seem to be his type. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Get the money up front.

For example, future COS Brisketexan would buy 10 acres of goat land in West Texas, which I would then sell to a land speculator from the KSA who wants to develop a new resort, for $1million per acre. That’s just a savvy land sale. Which I would need to close before I took the gig.

Make sure you get the mineral rights with those acres.

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm sorry---did I just hear on MSNBC that Trump is considering the current President of the Yankees as his Chief of Staff?  I don't know who I dislike more, Trump or the Yankees.  But the upside is, the guy will almost certainly bring Morgan, Wilhelm, and Costanza with him to fill out the staff.  Shit, even Tartabull may get a role.  

Maybe he can trade Fucklard for a bag of balls or some pine tar.

25 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Meanwhile, the US Government is joining Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait as one of four countries refusing to endorse the latest climate report.  This is totally normal and makes a ton of sense.  

What's the word?  Turbofucked?

Weaponized ignorance. 

Please, please, please, please. 

Time’s shortlist was announced Monday on NBC’s “Today.” The contenders also include President Donald Trump (Time’s 2016 Person of the Year), Russian President Vladimir Putin, special counsel Robert Mueller, “Black Panther” director Ryan Coogler, Christine Blasey Ford, slain journalist Jamal Khashoggi, March for Our Lives activists, South Korean President Moon Jae-in, and Meghan Markle. 

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Smocking Gun is trending #2 on Twitter. Trump is so schizophrenic right now. He loves that he's getting all the attention but hates that it's because everyone is making fun of him. He's probably curled up in a ball right now alternating between smiles and tears. 

2omwwt.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

16 and 20? Those pics look as old as the ones my parents used to take pics of me when I was a baby and I'm 39

Alabama.

I’ve always assumed the only reason Bama Chick has internet is that she was clever enough to figure out how to connect a tin can and string to a computer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I'm sorry---did I just hear on MSNBC that Trump is considering the current President of the Yankees as his Chief of Staff?  I don't know who I dislike more, Trump or the Yankees.  But the upside is, the guy will almost certainly bring Morgan, Wilhelm, and Costanza with him to fill out the staff.  Shit, even Tartabull may get a role.  

“I’m here to clean the swamp. Most of the world is swamp. And, one day, we will do the cleaning.”

mr-wilhelm-the-checks-seinfeld-1

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Instead of worrying too much about paying them back we need to worry a whole lot more about educating our citizenry and removing the temptation for corruption from our politics. 

Local DC and surrounding area politics is simple--get it when you can.  Sure, they all get caught but they start of small and it snowballs.  Pretty soon they're busted and asking for forgiveness or declaring Bitch set me up.  Everybody is offering them something for a favor. Plus like some bad officers, they rationalize they're owed more for their services. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump moving the goalposts from “NO COLLUSION!” to “NO Smocking Gun!” shouldn’t go under appreciated.

But each time he moves them it's because he lost conventionally. And he'll continue losing until America finally makes him pay up. 

On 12/7/2018 at 6:13 PM, TheFlyingBoat said:

Hillary has the advantage of being investigated by House Republicans. When you're a being investigated by a bunch of rabid mouthbreathers is easy to come out clean because there's never a cogent case made against you. House Republicans in investigations are basically Breckyn. They make promises they can't keep, say inadvisable things in public, and overrun their objective, thus breaking contain and fucking themselves. Democrats of course have the opposite problem of playing with kiddie gloves. It's what makes me so happy that Mueller is running the investigation. Clean, professional, and no weakness 

Or maybe there was never a cogent case to be made, mouthbreathing or not.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

I was thinking Hannity, too. But they wouldn't give up a valuable propaganda asset like that. Plus, huge pay cut for Hannity.

He'd only be COS until Datard either dies of natural causes or is forced out of office.  He'd be back in his prime time slot by the end of next summer.

5 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

How did I not know this until now? I seriously though that was just how the WH was releasing these statements.

<Raises hand>.  Honestly that makes me feel marginally better.  The juxtaposition of the "official WH release" thing with the vile vomit-filled garbage it contained was more than I could handle. 

Many of you will be disappointed by the lack of teeth in Mueller's report.  Most of you will are over-inflating every little detail that gets leaked out about the report and its subsequent filings.  Nearly everyone is clinging to Trump's usual hyperbolic reactions as some sort of gospel-like insight into what the near future holds.  

But the crickets chirping from his usual circles of GOP supportive leadership has been eerie.  It's as if he's calling them up to circle the wagons of support, yelling about witch hunts and how they owe trump big time, and all that.  And the various Republican big-wigs are simply looking at the phone like, "Uncle Leo?" (click)...

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Many of you will be disappointed by the lack of teeth in Mueller's report.  Most of you will are over-inflating every little detail that gets leaked out about the report and its subsequent filings.  Nearly everyone is clinging to Trump's usual hyperbolic reactions as some sort of gospel-like insight into what the near future holds.  

But the crickets chirping from his usual circles of GOP supportive leadership has been eerie.  It's as if he's calling them up to circle the wagons of support, yelling about witch hunts and how they owe trump big time, and all that.  And the various Republican big-wigs are simply looking at the phone like, "Uncle Leo?" (click)...

A take so contrarian that it contradicts itself. Well played. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

688ba771d540573c30c893c95332f325.gif

This period of time will be looked back historically as one of the most dangerous for our democracy.  The deep corruption of the President will be an obvious topic, but the scariest part will be the embrace and protection given by his supporting party.  Even our founding fathers failed to anticipate that wrinkle. As they honestly believed that patriotism would always win out and that is why the system of checks and balances would conceivably work. To be honest nearly everyone, myself included thought that some congressional oversight with a combination of a few adults in the room might temper Trump.  Instead Trump's party decided to justify anything if they could get a Supreme Justice or two.  

I guess the only thing certain beyond the historical significance of this time is that you can be nearly certain that in about 30 years if the GOP regains control of Texas. That the Texas State School Board will try to remove the section about the collusion of the GOP House and Senate in protecting Trump...

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yankees President $300k plus. 

WH Chief of Staff $180k.

Sure, he will take that job. Ordinarily, I guess a Trump position would net you at least another 100k in grift, but that door is closing quickly and everyone that isn't Trump knows it. 

Yankees president said no.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I like your contrarian conflicting take.

But to be serious for a moment, the lack of Kushner being named in all of this stuff, even though we know he's involved in a lot of it, makes me think big things are actually afoot.