AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

The JV edition of the Taco Shack Bowl was cancelled due to not enough players left due to COVID quarantines.
My son said a bunch of the Anderson JV players caught it.

Didn't hear shit from the school.

I feel like we are headed off a cliff here with the numbers and no one is the least bit worried.

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:

I feel like we are headed off a cliff here with the numbers and no one is the least bit worried.

Athletic departments are worried.

Administrations are very worried.

It feels like everybody is trying to run the clock out, and we are only in the 3rd quarter, and we're behind.

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Athletic departments are worried.

Administrations are very worried.

It feels like everybody is trying to run the clock out, and we are only in the 3rd quarter, and we're behind.

Wait, so who are the Aggies in this scenario?  
(please don't say us, please don't say us, please don't say us)

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lVjSa-5nLsTUdfe__BU5v9cSXdXU-YFk

Consent forms for RRISD to opt out of mask requirements. 

tl;dr version - must be filled out by the student's physician and must allow RRISD to communicate with the provider about the condition that they are using for the exemption.

As it should be.  Same with vaccine opt outs. 

Just now, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Not COVID-related per se, but apparently the bus situation is a shitshow.  My guess is that there is a serious driver shortage, leading to fewer routes, and max capacity buses having to do a double route.  My email has been getting blown up for a week.

Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

40 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wait, so who are the Aggies in this scenario?  
(please don't say us, please don't say us, please don't say us)

Spoiler:  Eanes is aggy but with more winning and better academics.  So I guess technically nothing like aggy except the vociferous anti science minority.

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

the vociferous anti science minority.

I think that's what her group was gonna with as a name before settling on "Eanes Kids First" 

I was more referring to AtomHeartBevo's "running out the clock but it's only the third quarter and we're behind."  That's what this first week+ of school feels like already with parents and administrators alike.  "Uh, I guess just let it burn...take little to no action...and hope we don't have to have any memorials to dead students or staff members at the Homecoming halftime in October?"  The prohibition of vaccine mandates can only kill so many kids before even the vociferous anti science minority might finally wise up and think, 'Okay fine, we can take some measures...but I'll be watching you!'  

Or they'll invent some fucking reason for why the kid really died and then make that the theme of next year's fundraising gala.  Turns out the Monsters on Maple Street have been living around me this whole time.  They looked and spoke just like us.  Until now.

44 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Not COVID-related per se, but apparently the bus situation is a shitshow.  My guess is that there is a serious driver shortage, leading to fewer routes, and max capacity buses having to do a double route.  My email has been getting blown up for a week.

My older son had a scrimmage against Vista Ridge last Thursday and the buses showed up at Austin High an hour late to pick up the team.

Just a mess.

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

LISD continues to be a shit show.  Not done with Wednesday reporting yet and we're already at the same number of cases as last week.  I'm guessing we come in around 300 cases this week (Sat-Fri) if this trend continues.  

image.png.f3d9953b2bb9ea3e0ad2613cf9cb802a.png

Edit: Just passed last week at 214.  

Looking at the campus breakdowns, the schools West of 183 and North of 620 have a big chunk of the cases. Especially the schools that have the far-western still semi-rural parts of the district. Especially Glenn HS and Danielson Middle that cover everything up to the border with Liberty Hill and Leander High and it's feeder schools. I know all (most?) the Crystal Falls kids go to Leander HS, but there's a lot...a lot...of trailers and ramshackle duplexes around the HS and Leander middle.  

My kids go to Rouse, and looking at the feeder middle schools, Stiles (where my kids went for MS) has 2 cases, but Wiley has 20+. I assume that means a big case boom at Rouse is imminent as those kids will probably give it to their older siblings. sigh. 

45 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Spoiler:  Eanes is aggy but with more winning and better academics.  So I guess technically nothing like aggy except the vociferous anti science minority.

https://www.kxan.com/news/education/set-for-school/set-for-school-eanes-isd-seeks-clarification-on-enforcing-mask-mandate-at-schools/

Eanes ISD Superintendent Dr. Tom Leonard met with school board members to discuss options to enforce the mask mandate in school — and if it has the authority to even do so.

“Right now, we are under the County rule which is a mandate. The trick is enforcement,” said Leonard, who added that if a student shows up without a mask, they’ll still be allowed in.

Superintendent Leonard did not elaborate on ways to enforce the mask mandate but says there are options.

“There are some things that can meet the needs of kids and keep everyone as safe as possible, so we will discuss that with the board,” he said.

Leonard also said he is in constant contact with other superintendents across Texas and their decisions on mask and vaccine mandates. Recently, San Antonio ISD announced it would require all it’s teachers and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19. 

“I think all of us what our staff and teachers to be vaccinated,” he said. “Our situation is this: we believe we have 94-ish percentage or more of our staff vaccinated. I don’t know if I have to require them. They are pretty much there.”

I think if I was a teacher/staff in Eanes, I'd be vaccinated as well.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Second week of school in Spring Branch and are are not wearing masks because we are a freedom loving people. So far this week 5/20 in our elementary school home room class have tested positive, including my ten year old.

Tell your son thank you for his sacrifice. 

If there is any Covid in our district nobody is saying. Picked up the kids today and didn’t see a single mask. I have no idea what it would take to get them to shut down the school, or change anything in regards to how they run the thing- maybe a death. I assume absolutely nobody is testing their kids short of hospitalization. 
Reading things on here or going into a major metro area compared to bumping around my hick little community is so jarring. It’s like it’s two separate and discreet worlds. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

17 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Second week of school in Spring Branch and are are not wearing masks because we are a freedom loving people. So far this week 5/20 in our elementary school home room class have tested positive, including my ten year old.

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Tell your son thank you for his sacrifice. 

johnny manziel smile GIF

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If there is any Covid in our district nobody is saying. Picked up the kids today and didn’t see a single mask. I have no idea what it would take to get them to shut down the school, or change anything in regards to how they run the thing- maybe a death. 

Start forfeiting football and basketball games and they'll get their shit together really fucking fast.

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If there is any Covid in our district nobody is saying. Picked up the kids today and didn’t see a single mask. I have no idea what it would take to get them to shut down the school, or change anything in regards to how they run the thing- maybe a death. I assume absolutely nobody is testing their kids short of hospitalization. 
Reading things on here or going into a major metro area compared to bumping around my hick little community is so jarring. It’s like it’s two separate and discreet worlds. 

Don't know where you're at, but you should google Iraan and the fun times they're having in their hick little community right now.  It's only a matter of time.

1 minute ago, Samson's Wig said:

Don't know where you're at, but you should google Iraan and the fun times they're having in their hick little community right now.  It's only a matter of time.

Huffman. Extreme north east Harris county. I’m sure we could see change but I have no idea how much it would take. 

11 hours ago, South Austin said:

My kid tested negative via molecular PCR test.  Highland Park has now modified the quarantine requirement and said that if he remains symptom free his mandatory quarantine ends this Saturday instead of the 10 days they originally stated, which means he's back in school on Monday.  I think everyone is making this up as they go along as they realize positive cases will start to ramp up and they want to minimize the time students are out of school.

That’s a district change that just came out. The rules are about to change again Friday. Fun times.

Big change coming. If there is a positive case in a class, nobody has to quarantine if the positive person and the people that were around them were both wearing masks the whole time. Lunch could still be an issue but it will end the whole class quarantines. 

If you are a close contact due to lunch or some other reason you can get a test 5 or more days after exposure then come back on day 7. This second part is in place now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

I’ve seen kids waiting for their bus an hour and a half after school was released.  Some busses are having to pull two routes.  But in all honesty that has been happening for years. 

26 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Big change coming. If there is a positive case in a class, nobody has to quarantine if the positive person and the people that were around them were both wearing masks the whole time. Lunch could still be an issue but it will end the whole class quarantines. 

If you are a close contact due to lunch or some other reason you can get a test 5 or more days after exposure then come back on day 7. This second part is in place now. 

That’s the way it is at my kids school (San Antonio). 
not sure how they contact trace for lunch unless kids are in assigned seats.  

30 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Seems like you guys would have already been hit hard if you're going to.

That would have been my thought because Montgomery county is on fire right now and I live like 3/4 of a mile from the county line. 
my suspicion is we just aren’t testing in our community/we aren’t talking about it and publicizing it when we do test and everyone goes about there way. 
this thing shouldn’t ever have been about cases in an absolute sense but about harm. When the Yankees for example had to get tested daily and they had 9 infections without a symptom (they were all vaxed) mlb essentially said enough with the tests and moved on. 
If we are dodging this it’s not because everyone around here is vaxed or because anyone is doing anything to mitigate it. 

I should note that last year if there was any problems it didn’t rise to the level I was ever aware of. There was no cancelling of in person classes, no talk of it, and although I don’t face book my wife does and there wasn’t any outpouring of stories or concern. That obviously doesn’t mean this time will have the same results, but based upon lack of masks anywhere around the gas stations, dollar generals or school I assume nobody is particularly concerned. 

5 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Are they forfeits or no contests?  Would be real easy to go undefeated if you only play 5 games!

I believe that if one team has enough to play and the other does not then it’s a forfeit and counts in the L column for standings. If both teams can’t field a proper team it is a No Contest. 

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I believe that if one team has enough to play and the other does not then it’s a forfeit and counts in the L column for standings. If both teams can’t field a proper team it is a No Contest. 

Depends on what the DEC agreed upon.

I think that's what her group was gonna with as a name before settling on "Eanes Kids First" 

There are a number of “first” groups that are usually geared towards anti-mask and whatever other privileges you can imagine. Usually the hot topic of the moment. A lot of parents are using that slogan/name like in other districts to try and solidify their “movement”. I think the ones in DSISD are trying to for a PAC out of their “first” group.

1 hour ago, Larry T. Spider said:

And that, my friends, is how you get around a "no mask mandates mandate".

1 hour ago, 1978horn said:

There are a number of “first” groups that are usually geared towards anti-mask and whatever other privileges you can imagine. Usually the hot topic of the moment. A lot of parents are using that slogan/name like in other districts to try and solidify their “movement”. I think the ones in DSISD are trying to for a PAC out of their “first” group.

I don’t think it is a coincidence at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If we had put 1/4th the energy into preparing for this semester under Delta variant protocols/vaccine broadcasting, with this thing blazing through our district (not quite 1/100 like Leander, but close) as we did in spending the whole summer bitching and moaning about Critical Race Theory (which isn't being fucking taught in our district you cunts!)...........we'd probably have a handful of cases district-wide instead of now triple digits as of tomorrow.  

May as well have spent the summer wringing out hands because we think teaching all classes are gonna be taught in Latin.  What's the fucking point?  It's a non-issue, it's not happening.  But what is happening?  Exploding cases across the little kids campuses.  And what are we doing about it?  Holding parking lot rallies about mask choice because it's more soothing to the twisted soul than getting parents/older siblings the vaccination and improving air circulation and spacing practices in the schools.  

I now realize some of these families would stand in front of a reporter's microphone with a Cat 3 bearing down on their Southeast Texas coastal residence or business and proudly declare, "We do not acknowledge the evacuation order from the Governor.  As such, our family has decided as a personal choice not to evacuate.  It is our personal freedom to remain in the eye of the hurricane and we ask that you respect our choices!"  

https://www.kxan.com/news/education/marble-falls-isd-closing-elementary-school-for-2-days-after-staff-covid-19-cases/

The Marble Falls Independent School District in Burnet County is the latest Texas district to close a school because of positive COVID-19 cases in the community.

Marble Falls ISD announced Highland Lakes Elementary School will close for the rest of the week (Aug. 26-27) to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 after staff members tested positive for the virus.

In a Wednesday letter to the Marble Falls ISD community, Superintendent Chris Allen explained the decision was made along with the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, the Burnet County Medical Authority and other local leaders. 

The closure will accommodate cleaning and other sanitary maintenance at the school. 

12 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

When is this happening? My 4th grader's whole class was sent home yesterday to quarantine because one of the kids tested positive. They've all been masked so I'm not super worried about it but we're getting him tested soon so he can get back to in-person school. He's upset that he just got back to "normal school" with his friends and it only lasted a week before having to come back home.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, austingirl said:

When is this happening? My 4th grader's whole class was sent home yesterday to quarantine because one of the kids tested positive. They've all been masked so I'm not super worried about it but we're getting him tested soon so he can get back to in-person school. He's upset that he just got back to "normal school" with his friends and it only lasted a week before having to come back home.

Same for my fifth grader.  A month ago he would've been fine if we told him that he was going to be virtual for several months to start the school year, but after a week back in person he was super bummed to be quarantined after one of his classmates tested positive.  At least he'll only miss four days and can return on Monday. 

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

If we had put 1/4th the energy into preparing for this semester under Delta variant protocols/vaccine broadcasting, with this thing blazing through our district (not quite 1/100 like Leander, but close) as we did in spending the whole summer bitching and moaning about Critical Race Theory (which isn't being fucking taught in our district you cunts!)...........we'd probably have a handful of cases district-wide instead of now triple digits as of tomorrow.  

May as well have spent the summer wringing out hands because we think teaching all classes are gonna be taught in Latin.  What's the fucking point?  It's a non-issue, it's not happening.  But what is happening?  Exploding cases across the little kids campuses.  And what are we doing about it?  Holding parking lot rallies about mask choice because it's more soothing to the twisted soul than getting parents/older siblings the vaccination and improving air circulation and spacing practices in the schools.  

I now realize some of these families would stand in front of a reporter's microphone with a Cat 3 bearing down on their Southeast Texas coastal residence or business and proudly declare, "We do not acknowledge the evacuation order from the Governor.  As such, our family has decided as a personal choice not to evacuate.  It is our personal freedom to remain in the eye of the hurricane and we ask that you respect our choices!"  

1std7u.jpg