Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

4 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Last throw aside, I thought King looked as good as anyone else they've had the last few years. Better than he had this season so far at least. 

When he is not throwing interceptions, King is a decent QB. The problem is, he throws a lot of interceptions.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There is a ton of progress being made and I'm not really close to some of it until some new hurdle of one sort or another needs help being jumped. The Texas NIL effort is being worked on the right way in order to build a foundation on bedrock. That means a lot of cats are being herded into the corral and it is a lot of effort. In conjunction with that is helping the major $$ players to understand how it is all unfolding and they can be assured that this will kick ass and make sense. These are not idiots just handing out wads of cash and trusting Jimbo or whatever the fuck is happening further east.

Winning is not going to hurt any program, there is no doubt. That said, there are a ton of recruits who are about NIL first and foremost, irrespective of what they're telling journalists. It is the first thing the families want out in the open. Flatly. 

Well, you'd know better than me about that. I thought things hadn't transitioned that far already.

17 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Well, you'd know better than me about that. I thought things hadn't transitioned that far already.

Yeah, I understand, but all I can say is the shift in recruiting dynamics that NIL has created nationally is at the very least seismic. Every recruit and their family has basically become Ricky Roe from Blue Chips and it is now more or less legal, or at least couched in a legal manner.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

UCLA is undefeated and in top 15, yet they lose out on a top RB from San Diego to Georgia. I mean, don’t know the backstory but that has to sting. Finally winning and THEN they lose this kid. 

Not only that, but Charbonnet is getting carries and yards.

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

UCLA is undefeated and in top 15, yet they lose out on a top RB from San Diego to Georgia. I mean, don’t know the backstory but that has to sting. Finally winning and THEN they lose this kid. 

In the current recruiting landscape, money talks. I grew up a UCLA fan and can tell you that football program has terrible alumni support. I doubt there are really any good NIL opportunities being provided to their team.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

The bag laser is closer to getting locked in on Baxter. 

I'd imagine they're going to continue to go hard after a couple of our commits. They need a big boost to their class and sticking it to us is always an added bonus to those clowns. I'm glad they've looked so inept and poorly coached thus far. That should help. But I definitely wouldn't be shocked to see them offer Hicks/Hill type bags to Muhammad, Baxter, and maybe Williams. I'm also very glad that Mitchell and Gullette already shot them down. 

4 hours ago, campcrunk said:

But I definitely wouldn't be shocked to see them offer Hicks/Hill type bags to Muhammad, Baxter, and maybe Williams. I'm also very glad that Mitchell and Gullette already shot them down. 

I wouldn't mind taking Hill from them in the same fashion.  Talk about taking the air right out of their class. Would crush them, because you know, he's the last piece to the '24 championship and all. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their DL is killing it. 

image.thumb.png.30250213884562b3a4f360c7b60f629f.png

They are giving up 189.9 rushing yards per game.  I'm sure it's well over 200 once you take out Sam Houston.  We are also a good bit ahead of them in yards per game given up.  Will we finish above them?  Remains to be seen.  We still have some good offenses to face and they'll get a bump when they get to factor in playing mighty UMASS.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They are giving up 189.9 rushing yards per game.  I'm sure it's well over 200 once you take out Sam Houston.  We are also a good bit ahead of them in yards per game given up.  Will we finish above them?  Remains to be seen.  We still have some good offenses to face and they'll get a bump when they get to factor in playing mighty UMASS.

Probably so. UMASS, South Carolina, and Auburn are all terrible on offense. 

Ole Miss is good offensively and I guess LSU and Florida are decent offensively. Still that's a very manageable schedule for aggys defense. 

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It was posted on here by somebody else. Not that it actually responds to anything relevant to the discussion. 

I understand dorks like you needing training wheels, but any sensible person who can discern the game views PFF's flawed grading system as a joke. It has zero relevancy to me. 

• Fuck You 4

11 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I understand dorks like you needing training wheels, but any sensible person who can discern the game views PFF's flawed grading system as a joke. It has zero relevancy to me. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/sp/overalldl/2022

I'm sure you will argue this is another "flawed grading system." 

aggys DL is pathetic at stopping the run and that's obvious without a grading system. Do you have anything to back up aggys DL is good other than they're talented and young? There's nothing that proves aggys DL is even mediocre at defending the run. They certainly aren't better than the Texas DL which you've been mocking for weeks. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Hmmmm do I trust actual statistics or some aggy idiots “discerning of the game.” It is a tough one…

His "discerning of the game" is kind of shitty. 

A Sun Belt team, an air raid team, and a 1 dimensional Alabama team did whatever they wanted in the run game against aggy. It's almost like that's the reason their DL is ranked #109 in average line yards by Football Outsiders. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

His "discerning of the game" is kind of shitty. 

A Sun Belt team, an air raid team, and a 1 dimensional Alabama team did whatever they wanted in the run game against aggy. It's almost like that's the reason their DL is ranked #109 in average line yards by Football Outsiders. 

Surely they must have a bunch of sacks though? Oh, they have 4 less than us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Billy Liucci is all of the following things and we know this: blowhard, room temperature IQ, self-important, a liar, a schemer, a jocksniffing dickrider, a 40 something acting like he's still in college, and a shill. 

All of those things make him entertaining to mock, so I appreciate the posts with images of his dipshitted takes. That said, I think the one feature that fascinates me about him is actually this one - humorless. This goober takes himself so seriously that everything is a big deal to him. He cannot laugh at himself or little things associated to the program or poster dipshittery.

It's tedious and it wouldn't be tolerated by even the dumbest of UT boards without significant exits ruining said board. But it's actually just par for the course with aggies when I think about it. They're all like that if they're redasses. Not a funny bone in their body. Even when they make fun of others together, like UT when the program has issues, for instance, it's tinged very clearly with an undercurrent of raw, insecure anger. 

Probably the best take I have heard on Lucci - humorous, insecure, lack of self-awareness.

Edited by Sealtm6
Misspelled
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Billy Liucci is all of the following things and we know this: blowhard, room temperature IQ, self-important, a liar, a schemer, a jocksniffing dickrider, a 40 something acting like he's still in college, and a shill. 

All of those things make him entertaining to mock, so I appreciate the posts with images of his dipshitted takes. That said, I think the one feature that fascinates me about him is actually this one - humorless. This goober takes himself so seriously that everything is a big deal to him. He cannot laugh at himself or little things associated to the program or poster dipshittery.

It's tedious and it wouldn't be tolerated by even the dumbest of UT boards without significant exits ruining said board. But it's actually just par for the course with aggies when I think about it. They're all like that if they're redasses. Not a funny bone in their body. Even when they make fun of others together, like UT when the program has issues, for instance, it's tinged very clearly with an undercurrent of raw, insecure anger. 

He also looks very unhealthy, like he's on chemo or something.  Probably because he's living like he is still in college. I think Ketchum probably knows more about football and talent evaluation than Liucci does, and Ketchum started mailing it in and just cashing checks 20 years ago (and he was never good to begin with).  Liucci is just a parrot for the A&M staff, whoever it is at the time.  You know when an Aggie coaching staff is on the way out is when Billy starts criticizing them.  Then they will deify the next staff.  It's a strange cycle, but those rubes eat it up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He is almost 49 years old.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LW Goatman said:

He is almost 49 years old.

Came here to post this too. Dude revealed his age on a Podcast or something that came up recently, and it was that he was 48 or 49 years old. 

It says he graduated a&m in 1998. That SHOULD only make him 4 years older than me, at 46-47. So look at Mr. Six Year Degree over there, as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Came here to post this too. Dude revealed his age on a Podcast or something that came up recently, and it was that he was 48 or 49 years old. 

It says he graduated a&m in 1998. That SHOULD only make him 4 years older than me, at 46-47. So look at Mr. Six Year Degree over there, as well. 

I just checked his mugshot info, says dob is february of 1974.