Louisiana at Iowa State

Al_4_ISU

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

No, it’s a reflection on the league not being any good.  It’s not some voodoo curse that makes ISU play poorly in early season openers.  Notre Dame absolutely destroyed ISU in the bowl.  Because Notre Dame was actually good.   Fucking Baylor and late season OU after Hurts couldn’t complete a pass were the cream of the crop in the Big 12, and they sucked.

And the University of Texas does everything in its power to keep it together.

Mind bottling.

• Hook 'Em 1

I've been on the Matt Campbell is overrated train for years. If the big programs come calling, he'll eventually be exposed even more with a bigger spotlight. He should probably stay at ISU for a long time, where he can keep getting them bowl-eligible every year, with maybe 8-9 wins being the apex in the really good seasons

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Whoever wins the Big 12 might need to be undefeated to make the playoff even without the Big 10 and Pac 12.   What a shitshow.   Thanks ISU and KSU.

This is why I made the comment elsewhere that Texas needs OU to do well this year, and then beat them twice. If OU loses one or two games (in addition to the Texas loses), then our sos will look worse than terrible. An undefeated Texas would get in but a one-loss Texas team—with our schedule—could get left out.

It’s not hard to image two SEC teams making the playoffs, along with Clemson. And if we give the playoff committee an excuse to bypass the Big 12, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that a one-loss ACC team would be chosen instead of a one-loss Big 12 team, especially if that  team was Notre Dame.  

I've been on the Matt Campbell is overrated train for years. If the big programs come calling, he'll eventually be exposed even more with a bigger spotlight. He should probably stay at ISU for a long time, where he can keep getting them bowl-eligible every year, with maybe 8-9 wins being the apex in the really good seasons

I think that’s why he stays.

We’re perfectly content with a guaranteed 6-8 wins and can accept the occasional 4-5 win year with an offsetting 9 win year.

He’s never going to win the Big 12 at ISU, but he’ll have a job as long as he wants it. He’s getting shit canned in 2.5 years at any blue blood.

He’s good, but not great. Sustained good would be a big deal for us.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I cannot find any hate for Iowa State. Their fans are always cool as shit to me when I am there and their head coach is very easy to root for. 

I generally agree. There was that one fan in Ames last year who felt the need to walk up to me and talk shit after the game. I love how he’s feeling right now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Hopefully ISU & KSU losing gets Herman and team focused on beating UTEP vs getting cute and sloppy as they have often done in games they should easily win.

Listening to FUPM talk right now and it is fucking nails on a chalkboard for me.

UTEP is not Maryland

Every teams has those kinda fans. Fuck those guys.

Yup. I was in Austin when we beat you guys in ‘10. 99% of your fans were super cool, complimentary, and gracious.

One asshole kept screaming “SAVOR IT CAUSE ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN” as we left DKR.

I judge y’all on the 99

38 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We’re perfectly content with a guaranteed 6-8 wins and can accept the occasional 4-5 win year with an offsetting 9 win year.

He’s never going to win the Big 12 at ISU, but he’ll have a job as long as he wants it. He’s getting shit canned in 2.5 years at any blue blood.

He might be getting some heat for his giving up and refusing to use timeouts on that last drive.  That's from the couple of isu fans texting me at least.  I know I'd be pissed

42 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I get that..and job security is great. But I think hubris and/or desire get the best of anyone eventually. I was surprised he hasnt left yet, but I would never be surprised if he eventually does. What would be most surprising is if he had a coupe more bad games and ISU fans started to turn on him 

20 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Every teams has those kinda fans. Fuck those guys.

Sure. I’ve seen them at most games.

At that game, all the Longhorn fans I saw were reserved and respectful. I had two nieces and two nephews (who live in Iowa) with me, a couple of whom were rooting for the Cyclones. It was a total dick move on that clown’s part. glad he’s feeling bad this afternoon. 

21 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yup. I was in Austin when we beat you guys in ‘10. 99% of your fans were super cool, complimentary, and gracious.

One asshole kept screaming “SAVOR IT CAUSE ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN” as we left DKR.

I judge y’all on the 99

I’m not judging. I have nieces who have graduated from Iowa State and Iowa. (and nephews from Minnesota and Missouri)

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Sure. I’ve seen them at most games.

At that game, all the Longhorn fans I saw were reserved and respectful. I had two nieces and two nephews (who live in Iowa) with me, a couple of whom were rooting for the Cyclones. It was a total dick move on that clown’s part. glad he’s feeling bad this afternoon. 

That sucks Pete.  Most of their fans are cool af.  But as everyone knows there's always those people.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My hope is that was some kind of lesson he was trying to teach. Time will tell.

Not sure what lesson he's teaching there but perhaps he had a plan.  

I remember vs Mizzou in 2011 we were down by 12, 4th and 6 from inside our own 20 with 3 minutes left and Mack punted.  Giving up when you still have a non zero chance to win is a good way to piss off your fans and team.  

3 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Not sure what lesson he's teaching there but perhaps he had a plan.  

I remember vs Mizzou in 2011 we were down by 12, 4th and 6 from inside our own 20 with 3 minutes left and Mack punted.  Giving up when you still have a non zero chance to win is a good way to piss off your fans and team.  

Just like OU coaches always teach a lesson in the playoffs.  Lol.  Come the fuck on people.  

55 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Go inside bruh.

I live in the Bay Area. Hazy as shit, lotta ash settling on stuff outside. Hope this gets better soon.

(Narrator) “It ain’t”

Have been inside most of the day.  Go outside for 5 mins and my eyes are stinging and my throat is irritated.  Constant smoke and ash for a week.  Worst day yet today.