Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

It evens out. I literally saw one of our ends get tackled to the ground... no call.  Tons of holding non-calls all night.  It might have been the correct call too, although it was probably closer than it was spotted.  It will look a little deceptive because his helmet was leaning forwards, but the ball was against his body, therefore further back. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, clownin72 said:

We sucked overall but in the end the refs traded about 20 missed holding call and traded them for 1 bad spot when it mattered

Maybe the spot doesn’t matter if a few of the holds were called earlier?

plus, while it looked from the view we had that he got to the 9, there was a pretty severe angle and he was leaning pretty far forward, so maybe the person standing straight down the line to gain with no angle and probably a pretty clear view of the ball before sweat gets in the way actually had the best view and made their best guess. 

Tbh if the refs were out to get us on their own or by conference orders, that’s the place to do it.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, RichUT said:

The grousing over the lack of holds called stopped being discussion worthy a couple of years ago. We don’t get rung up on a bunch of holding calls either. This is just how the Big 12 calls it.

If you can’t see how calling one team for everything and the other for nothing impacts a game, you’re a waterhead. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

If you can’t see how calling one team for everything and the other for nothing impacts a game, you’re a waterhead. 

My comment was about holding. That crew called holding one time on each team. The Big 12 just doesn’t call them. That’s been true now for more than 5 years. People need to move on and accept how they call the games.

But hey, you used a term I’ve never heard of before and now I know how to use waterhead in a derogatory manner. So that’s pretty neat.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RichUT said:

My comment was about holding. That crew called holding one time on each team. The Big 12 just doesn’t call them. That’s been true now for more than 5 years. People need to move on and accept how they call the games.

But hey, you used a term I’ve never heard of before and now I know how to use waterhead in a derogatory manner. So that’s pretty neat.

Watch the game you can see guys being held and then boom, QB has a clean pocket and makes a completion on a long crossing route. They allow it over and over again. Is it 7 on 7 or is it college football? 

Anyway, doesn't matter. We're going to a league that plays real football. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, RichUT said:

The grousing over the lack of holds called stopped being discussion worthy a couple of years ago. We don’t get rung up on a bunch of holding calls either. This is just how the Big 12 calls it.

Makes you wonder why big time DL would ever come to the rig12. They aren't even part of the game

44 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Refs were super fair. 1 penalty vs the opponent today. *

* helmet was ripped off right in front of him

Right after the crowd wanted targeting on a normal hit. 

Then the big pass play they had was hilarious that drive, obvious hold, then a late hit out of bounds on a flop. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I still can't get over it, playing at Alabama with SEC refs, 2 holding calls and the DL dominates the Bama OL.
Every other game with Big 12 refs and no holding calls and the Texas DL struggles to get pressure.

Shit, I thought we predicted that. The d-line is good. But the rig12 counter is to let other teams have a different rule book. Shit, they won’t even call facemask and delay of game, and some people expect them to give us credit for interpretive plays?

Our Houston’s kicker could flop on the sideline on 3rd down, and we would get a roughing call.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just watched the game again, hilarious how the announcers all went in for that "robbery" of a call there lmao. They even showed it again after they didn't get it on fourth down. Lmao

"They will talk about this spot for a long long time...."

Yeah sure

Goddamn can't wait to be out of this shithole conference. 

Adios cougar high and rapelor

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know we didnt deserve it because the play call and execution was absolute total dogshit, but on the 4th and 2 throw, AD got smacked out of the air by the defender who was NOT looking at the ball until after he took out AD... 

That is a DPI call on Texas every fucking time.  Every fucking time. 

It would have been a groaner of a call.. but it would have been the right call... but it should have been made.

These fucking refs will not fucking call DPI against our opponents unless they literally tackle us... and on half the fucking occasions where they have called it against the other team, we fucking caught it so we declined. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Cooger High can whine whine whine all they want about that spot. I counted at least 12 holds on the cooger OL that weren't called. And the take down on Finkley was a complete injustice.

OTOH, expecting Bert Auburn to run for 5 yards is more disgusting than any bad call in that game.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I know we didnt deserve it because the play call and execution was absolute total dogshit, but on the 4th and 2 throw, AD got smacked out of the air by the defender who was NOT looking at the ball until after he took out AD... 

That is a DPI call on Texas every fucking time.  Every fucking time. 

It would have been a groaner of a call.. but it would have been the right call... but it should have been made.

These fucking refs will not fucking call DPI against our opponents unless they literally tackle us... and on half the fucking occasions where they have called it against the other team, we fucking caught it so we declined. 

didn't think AD deserved to be bailed out by the refs after that shit route he ran, fucking play was wide open