Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

13 hours ago, woohorn said:

Was the spot reviewable? I honestly don't know but uh had 1 time out left.

Holgorsen said the sideline ref told him  they reviewed it and he didn't make it, so he didn't call timeout.  Not sure I believe that but that's what he said. 

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Does allowing holding affect the time the quarterback has to allow the routes to develop?

I’m not excusing the refs at all. I was addressing what the other poster had said about AD’s route. I could live with most any kind of officiating. I just want it to be equitable. Two sets of rules is beyond old. 

31 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Holgorsen said the sideline ref told him  they reviewed it and he didn't make it, so he didn't call timeout.  Not sure I believe that but that's what he said. 

He didn't need to call a time out - there was injury time out (I think it was Burke).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

He didn't need to call a time out - there was injury time out (I think it was Burke).

Yeah and Burke was hurt because he was getting tackled every fucking play and the play before he got tackled and then the guy jumped on his back when he was half down on the ground. 

Again, if we can get to the QB and draw holding calls against Bama, why can't we do it against big12 opponents? Because this conference is rigged against us. 

Why were we getting or drawing DPI calls in the Bama game, then can't seem to get one in big12 play?

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m not excusing the refs at all. I was addressing what the other poster had said about AD’s route. I could live with most any kind of officiating. I just want it to be equitable. Two sets of rules is beyond old. 

Didn’t realize you were responding to that post due to the post in between. Well that and the hang over. 

In a season of Big 12 not calling holding against our opponents time and time again, I think yesterday may have been the most egregious.  I can think of 5-6 blatant off the top of my head.   I said it in the game thread but at this point it flat out has to be part of an offensive scheme.  When our opponents watch this shitshow on film and see that UH wasn't called for a single fucking hold, they are flat out going to coach their guys to do whatever it fucking takes to not let your guy get to the QB.  It's an absolute joke.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah and Burke was hurt because he was getting tackled every fucking play and the play before he got tackled and then the guy jumped on his back when he was half down on the ground. 

Again, if we can get to the QB and draw holding calls against Bama, why can't we do it against big12 opponents? Because this conference is rigged against us. 

What does that have to do with whether Holgo called a time out or not?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Sonny Dykes gives him a run for his money 

Yes…..  But Dykes does it old school and is constantly in the Refs ears, kind of a running commentary with whatever side judge is on the sideline.   It’s bugged me that other than that game against Okie State when Charlie was coach and he finally blew as gasket, none of our coaches have been confrontational with the Refs.    I’ll give Mack credit for getting in their ears when it was warranted.   Last year when the Rig 12’s and Muscle Head’s crew screwed us against Bama, Sark just stood around.  

• Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

What does that have to do with whether Holgo called a time out or not?

Because there was nothing to challenge and no need to call time out because there was no fucking call made for 5 mins while the guys in zebra costumes stood around and chatted. 

Since it took them so long to make a call I'm sure he was told they already reviewed it upstairs and didjnt have a good angle to change the spot. Houstons stadium is so small and shitty there's only diagonal angles most of the time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Refs did us a solid at the end.

If it were the other way around this place would be going insane 

Yeah 30 missed calls against us and 1 went for us really solid by the refs thanks big12!

Imagine a game where the officials just call what they see and aren't even part of the discussion because the game is about the play on the field instead of the refs. It's pretty fun. 

Just compare the Bama game with SEC refs this year vs the Bama game with big12 refs last year. 

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yes…..  But Dykes does it old school and is constantly in the Refs ears, kind of a running commentary with whatever side judge is on the sideline.   It’s bugged me that other than that game against Okie State when Charlie was coach and he finally blew as gasket, none of our coaches have been confrontational with the Refs.    I’ll give Mack credit for getting in their ears when it was warranted.   Last year when the Rig 12’s and Muscle Head’s crew screwed us against Bama, Sark just stood around.  

Did he stop yelling at refs this year?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The lack of holding calls has been frustrating for years. 

Then you see a game like Bama and you say our DL has a legit pass rush when we don't have Big 12 refs. It's going to be amusing when we think our DL is a lot better in the SEC simply because the refs don't suck. 

Prediction: there will be a “Fuck SEC refs” thread on this site before the end of next season.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

Our secondary has not been good, they seem lost at times and a few of them just seem slow.  It is a bad combination when you couple that with the fact that the Big 12 is simply not going to call a holding penalty on the offense of our opponents with any regularity.  That wouldn't fix the secondary issues but it would certainly help them.  You get a holding call or two a game and all of a sudden as an offense you are way behind the sticks and it's just not easy to overcome on a consistent basis. Not to mention once you call it a time or two all the offensive lineman are a little less willing to engage to the degree they are in bear hugs, headlock and all the other stuff we are routinely seeing that is completely negating any kind of pass rush.   Pass rush and coverage is complimentary and when one is completely negated and the other is mediocre it's not good.

At this point not even gonna bitch about it.  It's gonna be what it's gonna be.  Sark and PK have to understand this and figure out what they can do to work around it.  It's kind of like when the ump is calling pitches a ball off the plate outside strikes consistently.  Yea the first time you go up to bat it sucks but if he's gonna keep doing it any coach is gonna tell you, "you know what his zone is.....adjust".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Prediction: there will be a “Fuck SEC refs” thread on this site before the end of next season.

Sure but it won't be about holding, inconsistent application of interference,  slowing down play, endless nonsensical reviews etc.  The main complaint that has always existed about SEC refs that I am sure we will bitch about along with everybody else in the SEC is that they allow a lot of rough-housing, cheap shot bullshit slide by.  I'd rather complain about that at this point....at least it will be a change.  

I think fox is in on the fix. Or at least Brando and Tillman. No discussion all game of the massive holds, or that play. Nothing to the tune of “they got away with one there” at any point. Barely any replay that showed anything. Then the absolute certainty about the forward progress at the end and befuddlement.

anyway, since when is it ok to go through a receiver to make a play on the ball?

eta: fix is too strong a word and implies an attempt at creating a final result. This is more like a thumb on the scale. Make it harder for one side. If they can overcome, so be it. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Safety and linebacker are issues in coverage. That is why the crossing patterns and “china” routes were eating us alive. 

We were playing 2/3’s against the strength of their offense (WR) with no pressure (no holds called), that is a recipe for getting tore up.  

While Thompson and Catalon may get exposed deep every now and again they are solid in getting lined up, playing downhill and in zone…. We were playing Taffe and Crawford and they were being targeted… along with the LBs. 

Crawford was getting beat like a stepchild all over the place. No matter the coverage or the WR.

We have to get healthy on the back end of that is going to continue. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think fox is in on the fix. Or at least Brando and Tillman. No discussion all game of the massive holds, or that play. Nothing to the tune of “they got away with one there” at any point. Barely any replay that showed anything. Then the absolute certainty about the forward progress at the end and befuddlement.

you are using him as a measuring stick.... the same fool who EMPHATICALLY announced that Texas had recovered the muffed punt.

yeah, that punt where Houston fell on the ball immediately, and rolled over with it after a horn finally bothered to jump towards the muff. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Brando and Tillman

Have they produced their 30 minute infomercial about how unfair it is that Manjack's TD was overruled?  I mean his knee broke the plane of the goal line.   Who cares the be ball was behind his knee and his ass was down before the BALL broke the plane.

But hey, they made it a point to say that they don't root for one side or the other. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Our secondary has not been good, they seem lost at times and a few of them just seem slow.  It is a bad combination when you couple that with the fact that the Big 12 is simply not going to call a holding penalty on the offense of our opponents with any regularity.  That wouldn't fix the secondary issues but it would certainly help them.  You get a holding call or two a game and all of a sudden as an offense you are way behind the sticks and it's just not easy to overcome on a consistent basis. Not to mention once you call it a time or two all the offensive lineman are a little less willing to engage to the degree they are in bear hugs, headlock and all the other stuff we are routinely seeing that is completely negating any kind of pass rush.   Pass rush and coverage is complimentary and when one is completely negated and the other is mediocre it's not good.

At this point not even gonna bitch about it.  It's gonna be what it's gonna be.  Sark and PK have to understand this and figure out what they can do to work around it.  It's kind of like when the ump is calling pitches a ball off the plate outside strikes consistently.  Yea the first time you go up to bat it sucks but if he's gonna keep doing it any coach is gonna tell you, "you know what his zone is.....adjust".  

I agree, except where is the evidence that Texas can bear hug with impunity. I guess we can FAFO.