Ingram

Aces_Full

How effing slow is the guy to get sucked up with a 10 yard cushion heading to the endzone?  He wasn’t even close to scoring on that pass reception.  

How he starts on Roschon, I will never know.  Course then he caps it off with a bone headed stretch of the football.  Wow.  I guess recruiting stars determine starters?

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Hate it for this guy.  Seems like a good kid who is maybe trying too hard.  One thing is clear...he is about as non clutch as you can be.  

He is trying too hard but can't reach the football from 2 yards out.  Just can't.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FOXHOUND said:

He shouldn't have even been put in that position with that play after two consecutive long runs. Slow the fuck down, take your time and punch it in with Sam. 

and take some clock off.   No need to hurry up there.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

Sad for Ingram, but (a) it was a stupid stupid stupid play call in the first place and (b) just plain stupid to (1) reach (2) one-handed (3) in a pile (4) on first down.

The (a) I think is Herman's dumbass - it has certainly all the earmarks of MensaBall, and it's looked like Tom has been overruling Yurcich the last two weeks. There is zero reason to be in a hurry at this point - run clock here, get your personnel ready, punch it in: you have at least three shots and way more than enough time. 

The (b) looks to be a group effort, including Ingram either not being coached worth a bucket of warm spit by Drayton or just flat not thinking clearly. Together with LSU last year, this is just flat choking. Unlike LSU, the choke isn't what lost the game... the whole plan - or lack of one - did that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He's a head case and ultimately, a selfish player. The result is dumb looking play on the field. And based on what happened after the LSU drop, he'll be unable to put this behind him and it will affect his play until he has a big game. I suspect him getting chased down is what led him to reaching toward the end zone when he was stood up. 

Our play calling that didn't involve our fucking RBs until late in the game didn't help either.

You know that if they'd subbed in Bijon and we'd scored, a ton of folks would have said, "Let Ingram have the honors. He got us down there." But the reality is that he made a really poor decision on the goal line after several great plays. He doesn't have great speed, so I can't blame for him for getting caught by a fast DB. It happens.

Ingram runs harder than I'd expect of someone having his body type. Unfortunately, he seems to lack elite instincts. I feel he's stronger than as a freshman but not necessarily much better. Hate it for him and the team that he's had a couple cringe-worthy gags in key situations. 

They’ve said it a couple times on Hard Knocks. “You’re just not good at football”. Everything is there, but the player just can’t make plays. There’s a reason there are fewer than 1700 players in the NFL right now. 

Ingram doesn’t have it. I’m not saying they should send him to Siberia, but Watson and Bijan should play much more. Watson should be the most pissed off guy on the roster. NFL feelers to scout team at Texas. Give him a shot. At a minimum he’s going to run angry. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Has he ever showed signs of being a bad teammate? 

He's notoriously hard on himself after a mistake and it demonstrably affects his play. Mistakes are part of the game, and short memories are required.

He's no juwan or bj, but bad teammates come in lots of forms. 

35 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The (a) I think is Herman's dumbass - it has certainly all the earmarks of MensaBall, and it's looked like Tom has been overruling Yurcich the last two weeks. .

Exactly, both games looked like last year while the first game looked wide open, varied, unpredictable, and much higher energy....the kind of energy TCU brought. It’s as if the pre-game day meal was cold runny eggs, and the play caller was Beck. Now we know what really happened last season as well. It’s the mensanator at work using proxy OCs to take the heat.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

You know that if they'd subbed in Bijon and we'd scored, a ton of folks would have said, "Let Ingram have the honors. He got us down there."

If we’d scored a TD to take the lead there’s not a single Horns fan who would have cared at all who got the fucking carry. “Have the honors”, like it was a forgone conclusion we were going to score?

3 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

If we’d scored a TD to take the lead there’s not a single Horns fan who would have cared at all who got the fucking carry. “Have the honors”, like it was a forgone conclusion we were going to score?

1st and goal from the 1? Well yeah, it was sort of foregone we'd punch it in. 

The question was how much time we could chew. Ingram getting stuffed on 1st down was a blessing in disguise if he accepted it. 

19 minutes ago, B00M said:

1st and goal from the 1? Well yeah, it was sort of foregone we'd punch it in. 

The question was how much time we could chew. Ingram getting stuffed on 1st down was a blessing in disguise if he accepted it. 

Yeah, absolutely no chance we’d have had a false start or holding, followed by a sack. TD was in the bag, best we make sure the deserving party gets to score it...

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They’ve said it a couple times on Hard Knocks. “You’re just not good at football”. Everything is there, but the player just can’t make plays. There’s a reason there are fewer than 1700 players in the NFL right now. 

Ingram doesn’t have it. I’m not saying they should send him to Siberia, but Watson and Bijan should play much more. Watson should be the most pissed off guy on the roster. NFL feelers to scout team at Texas. Give him a shot. At a minimum he’s going to run angry. 

he's an average back but does catch out of the backfield pretty damn well.  you just can't trust him near the goal line.  that should have been a Sam run all the fucking way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 11 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 11:36 PM, markstanco said:

Jake
Bru
Ingram.

Great decision. Oregon state drug their balls across their home turf and faces. Not their fault, their admin told the players last week that they give up.

I will say it a million times. Players don't care about winning. They care about being in the best situation to showcase their skills. Winning is second or third on their priority list.

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I will say it a million times. Players don't care about winning. They care about being in the best situation to showcase their skills. Winning is second or third on their priority list.

To throw every player in that group is completely wrong, you know this as well. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

To throw every player in that group is completely wrong, you know this as well. 

Georgia hasn't won shit in 40 years. Loaded with 5 stars. We haven't won as much as OU. Our recruiting classes were still higher than theirs. Aggy has never won shit either. Look at their recruiting vs the schools in the SEC more successful than them. Nebraska being a powerhouse didn't save them the moment they couldn't get problem kids anymore. Coaches who recruit well sell getting guys to the NFL. Saban's recruiting video talking about the best kids you will play against are on the other side of the ball in practice, and how many kids he sent to the league is a prime example. Nothing wrong with what I am saying. Kids tend to think they will bring the winning with them. Sure their are outliers, but the large majority fall in the "I'm in it for me" category.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re an idiot. Don’t be that guy. 

You guys are right Rex, all kids care about is winning. Not whether or not the coach can get them to the league. Not what school it is. Not where it is located. That's why Nebraska has been circling the drain for 20 years.

i-give-up-i-quit.gif

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I agree. I was just pointing out that we've had 5 dudes transfer to the same dumpster fire simply because of Carrington (I believe). Wtf

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re an idiot. You just called any kid who cares about winning an “outlier”. Sit there in your idiocy. 

Look above you. A guy went to USC and promised some of our kids better exposure so they went. I know you want to believe what I said isn't true but the evidence clearly points to kids caring about themselves. Sorry Rex.

9 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Keaontay was listed at 190# as a recruit, 205# as a Freshman, and 222# as a Junior. USC lists him at 215#, which is probably where he needs to be. Texas bulked him up too much, but what else is new?

He got too big to hold on to the damn football? 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

He got too big to hold on to the damn football? 

No.  Plenty of us thought he was too frail to withstand the pounding at D1 RB. Seemed like he was getting dinged up every time he carried the ball. Then, Herman put 20# on him, and he lost his twitch. Plenty of us then said somewhere in the middle might be about right.

Note:  I think he looked skinnier than 205# as a Freshman…and heavier than 222# as a Junior. It looked more like a 30# difference to me. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

No.  Plenty of us thought he was too frail to withstand the pounding at D1 RB. Seemed like he was getting dinged up every time he carried the ball. Then, Herman put 20# on him, and he lost his twitch. Plenty of us then said somewhere in the middle might be about right.

Note:  I think he looked skinnier than 205# as a Freshman…and heavier than 222# as a Junior. It looked more like a 30# difference to me. 

I was just trying to be funny. You're probably right on Ingram. He had tons of potential and we wasted it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Georgia hasn't won shit in 40 years. Loaded with 5 stars. We haven't won as much as OU. Our recruiting classes were still higher than theirs. Aggy has never won shit either. Look at their recruiting vs the schools in the SEC more successful than them. Nebraska being a powerhouse didn't save them the moment they couldn't get problem kids anymore. Coaches who recruit well sell getting guys to the NFL. Saban's recruiting video talking about the best kids you will play against are on the other side of the ball in practice, and how many kids he sent to the league is a prime example. Nothing wrong with what I am saying. Kids tend to think they will bring the winning with them. Sure their are outliers, but the large majority fall in the "I'm in it for me" category.

Man... You don't know shit about players.

Players care about winning, because winning is how you get to the league.  Winning players care about playing with other winning players.  Do you know why Nick Saban gets players into the league?  Because they win.  Winning begets winning... (until the coaches get lazy and start claiming they're killing themselves...)  Why does Georgia not win shit? Because they have to play Alabama.... but Georgia wins a lot of games, and has a shot at titles.

Below is a list of # of players on NFL rosters in 2021.  Most of the list has won a bunch of games or they are the big state school (and have a recent history of winning.)

Alabama 53
Ohio State 47
LSU 46
Georgia 35
Notre Dame 34
Clemson 33
Iowa 33
Florida 32
Michigan 32
Oklahoma 31
Penn State 31
Texas 26