Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Just now, bolverk said:

He wasn't lying with this part, and it's a damning indictment of Texas voters.

image.png.2b48b2924ec45fb9fce3fb848364653d.png

I sure didn't know about his affair. But it's likely they were voting for a party and not a candidate, and it's not like Abbott would appoint someone those voters disapprove of.

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

I sure didn't know about his affair. But it's likely they were voting for a party and not a candidate, and it's not like Abbott would appoint someone those voters disapprove of.

The affair was known about in 2020, and Texas still voted him back in office this past fall:

DALLAS (AP) — Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton had an extramarital affair with a woman whom he later recommended for a job with the wealthy donor now at the center of criminal allegations against him, according to two people who said Paxton told them about the relationship.

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-ken-paxton-extramarital-affairs-austin-texas-dc0c309fc829e62e5132aab56bcc686f

But, yes, the fact that people voted for him anyway, simply because he has (R) behind his name, remains a damning indictment. What's even more damning is that others just don't give a shit and are fans,  because he tried to over the results of the 2020 presidential election through his stupid lawsuit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

His wife knew about his side piece but cared more about retaining political clout. They’re both horrible people:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton fled his home in a truck driven by his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, to avoid being served a subpoena Monday, according to an affidavit filed in federal court.

Ernesto Martin Herrera, a process server, was attempting to serve the state’s top attorney with a subpoena for a federal court hearing Tuesday in a lawsuit from nonprofits that want to help Texans pay for abortions out of state. Later on Monday, Paxton filed two requests: a motion to quash the subpoena and another to seal the certificates of service, which included the affidavit from process server. His lawyers argued that the server “loitered at the Attorney General’s home for over an hour, repeatedly shouted at him, and accosted” Paxton and his wife. U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman granted both requests early Tuesday, hours after the affidavit had been published.

Then, there’s this:

Sen. Angela Paxton files bill that would allow her husband, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, to issue exemptions from securities regulations

Billed as a consumer-protection effort, the proposal would allow approved individuals to serve as investment advisers without registering with the state board a felony under Texas law that Ken Paxton was charged with in 2015.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/02/16/ken-paxton-angela-securities-regulations-texas-attorney-general-power/

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

It then goes to the Senate like most impeachments.  No CR, but three big questions will remain today after a large portion of the House votes to impeach:

1.  What will Gov. Abbott do on this?

2.  Who will Paxton take down with him on the way out?

3.  Which bridge will Nate and Ken choose in Mexico?  

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The next guy is a moron too.  When you talk about civil liberties, since you have already made women second class citizens, and are demonizing LGBTQ+ and minorities, you obviously only care about civil liberties for white males in Texas.  These legislators are fucking idiots.

I missed that guy's name. Who the fuck was that?

23 minutes ago, futureman said:

so is he actually gone or is this just symbolic as with trump?

He’s not gone, nor is he getting impeached. It’s just a hearing or something to decide if he should face a vote for impeachment. Which will never happen.

They have the votes, right?  Who is this fucker just asking questions?  Long and short, Paxton is a fucking criminal and should be in fucking jail.

There's 85 Republicans and 64 Democrats.  Not many Republicans need to vote .

56 minutes ago, dcbc said:

They don't teach this in law school, unless there's some bizarre elective at aggy law for it.  My guess is that they are making most of it up as they go.

Yep, repeating the mistakes of the Trump impeachments in conflating this with a legal proceeding.

It's 100% political.  There's no crime, there's no burden of proof.  There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room.

• Hook 'Em 1

I would think that settling that lawsuit is fucking probable cause.  I think Dutton is showing that Smithee is an idiot.

He certainly is playing the part of a know-nothing idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm incredibly amused that the Mitte Foundation is tied up in this, as you just knew they'd get into some shady shit as soon as that deadbeat cokehead kid took charge.  Is that dude still alive/in charge?

I didn't know who was in charge and see the name RJ Mitte listed as president and then head to the google machine to look him up.

HOW DARE YOU CALL WALT JR A COKEHEAD!

image.png.993f4e3dd83d81d83e7a832bd9253a67.png

• Haha 1