Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

So does Patrick save him in the senate ?

He is certainly going to try.  Thing is, there's just not enough Republicans in the State Senate coming up for re-election in competitive districts that need Trump/Paxton/Patrick help.  Not that they don't wanna support Paxton, it's that they just don't care right now.  This was all supposed to happen three years from now and there'd be lots on the line including re-elections and maybe even Trump back in the White House helping out Kenny in major ways.  But the shoe dropped early, session is almost done, Abbott is quiet, Trump is outta power, Nate Paul is singing like a jailbird, and ole' KP is fucked 12 ways from Tuesday.  Phelan is making a deal with Dan Patrick today or tomorrow that will determine the outcome of the Senate trial.  The fact that Abbott is staying out of it is curious, though I think he swoops in at the last minute to get some voucher coverage out of all this.  

I'm genuinely curious what people who voted for Ken multiple times think about all this.  He's beyond fucked.  Like removal from office is probably the least shitty thing that's gonna happen to him in the next few years.  He's gonna take a lot of people down with him, this is just the start.  Happy Sunday, dumbasses.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Dutton needed to retire years ago. Guess there is always at least one D in the tx lege that the Rs can rely on to play the useful idiot and validate their criminality and anti-democratic policies. Ideally he’d get booted in the next election but a lot of these reps are still in place since I worked for TLC, which is almost a decade now. 

Is Doc Anderson still serving?  Him and every person in his office is/was a weapons grade regard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Murr is an aggy (and Tech law school grad) and ran a clean committee report or whatever that helped make it so decisive today, so it's a wash.

It's a lot of articles, and a large variety of articles, and they were probably specifically chosen so that something would stick, even if some Republicans tried to play down some of them. And it was interesting to see that of the Republicans supporting him in the House today, none of them really defended his actions or proclaimed him to be some kind of saint that was innocent - they were more interested in trying to slow-roll things from a procedural point-of-view. That's not a good sign if they weren't willing to go on the record and claim he was completely innocent.

Paxton should really be scared shitless that Patrick and Abbott are not flooding social media with support for him.  In fact, Trump is bitching that Abbott is not saying anything.

Normally Trump barking at Abbott would make Abbott piss himself, but Abbott will probably try to ride this out and stay in the shadows since the only thing he can do is appoint a temp replacement.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment of you post or 99% of its content, but Abbott doesn’t piss himself due to Trumps barking at him.

Abbott pisses himself everyday no matter who calls due to God’s infinite wisdom.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

So I didn’t really have an understanding of what Paxton did and never in a million years thought any Rs would go against him. He should find much friendlier results for him in the senate right? I mean I think he should go but find it hard to believe it would ever happen.

image.gif.3e0489c17bc4c362c250d4ba7d081a41.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

First off, why after so very, very long has the GOP taken action on information that has been in front of their face for years now?  Is ANYONE her fucking dumb enough to think the GOP woke up this week and said, "Wow,  we have a criminal avoiding prosecution as our AG, and he is completely and totally corrupt?  Fuck NO!  

What I believe has happened is, there must be some new internal polling data that is concerning about the next election.  NOTHING else would cause a party devoid of morals and principles to take any actions on the basis of morality or ethics.  So in a weird way this is a good thing in that the polling data shows weakness in the GOP in Texas.  And getting rid of Paxton is just way to PRETEND that there is some degree of morality of ethics held by elected Republicans, when nothing could be further from the truth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Basil said:

The fuck? He must have really shit in shit in someone’s Cheerios to get those crooks in Austin to impeach his bitch ass.

It is clear that shitting in his fellow Rs’ Frosted Flakes was a dumb move.

10 hours ago, YGIFS said:

You know sometimes when somebody is impeached, they'll go on TV or a listening tour or travel the state to drum up support and appeal funds and what-not?  Yeah,  $50 and one of my pinky toe says Ken stays right fucking put in Austin with round-the-clock security until it's no longer free.  He won't go so much as to the corner store.   The guy ain't going anywhere or talking to anyone save for maybe an email pledge.  Once that Senate trial starts, he stays in that same spot for probably the rest of his life.  

And oh yeah, if you donated the maximum amount to him..they're gonna ask you if you know where he is.  I tried to fucking warn you guys.  But you just wouldn't listen.

Do you really think there are Shirleyites who actually donate $$ to politicians of any ilk?

Does not compute.

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

So I didn’t really have an understanding of what Paxton did and never in a million years thought any Rs would go against him. He should find much friendlier results for him in the senate right? I mean I think he should go but find it hard to believe it would ever happen.

I’m now expecting a unanimous guilty vote in the Senate 

• Haha 8

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

He’s not gone, nor is he getting impeached. It’s just a hearing or something to decide if he should face a vote for impeachment. Which will never happen.

This post did not age well. 

15 hours ago, Captainant said:

Oh c'mon now, you can't expect @DalTxHornFan to vote for someone from the ACLU over a sleazebag felon! What if the ACLU person does a WOKE on his children and makes them gay??? He NEEDS Paxton's rapier wit and immaculate ethics. 

Don't forget his astonishing legal acumen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._Pennsylvania

The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot. Statement of Justice Alito, with whom Justice Thomas joins: In my view, we do not have discretion to deny the filing of a bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original jurisdiction. See Arizona v. California, 589 U. S. ___ (Feb. 24, 2020) (Thomas, J., dissenting). I would therefore grant the motion to file the bill of complaint but would not grant other relief, and I express no view on any other issue.

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Yeah I’m glad and all but this isn’t the Republicans growing a conscience all of a sudden. The only known facts that make sense is the legislature did not want to approve a settlement with tax payer dollars for criminal behavior, so they were forced to impeach but that’s fairly weak too. I wonder if more is coming like better call Saul and breaking bad kind of more coming.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I think they know the feds are about to get him so the settlement was a good excuse to push him aside. This stuff has been in the news for ages so there has to be more

Everyone was pretty much on board as well. Patrick and Abbott seem to be as well

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love that DalTexHornFan, or whatever his handle is, is posting freely on the daily Texan thread now but never bothered to respond to my polite entreaty to explain why he should be viewed as a rational, good faith conversant when he admitted he happily pulled the lever for a known criminal. So unexpected!

I neg rep'd him on the Daily Texan thread a couple of times for this exact reason. He turned tail as soon as he was asked a simple question.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That’s on you. 

I take full responsibility. Or maybe the libs and the rinos did this to me because I was such a freedom champion and retaliated against the Biden regime. 

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

Can someone explain the Nate comments to me? I've been away from Tx for 6 years. Are you talking about the closeted pastor twat from Fort Worth? Is he involved with Paxton?

4 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Can y’all post what you actually know? This seems pretty interesting but just a tease so far. I would also enjoy some jokes about his creepy eye.

@RPM has been covering the jokes in this thread.

If you want a smallish deep dive - 6-page thread about Nate Paul and the raids on his holdings in downtown Austin that turned into cartel discussions and then Paxton trying to cover for him.

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/10581-world-class-holdings-offices-raided/#comments

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Updawg said:

I think they know the feds are about to get him so the settlement was a good excuse to push him aside. This stuff has been in the news for ages so there has to be more

Everyone was pretty much on board as well. Patrick and Abbott seem to be as well

Feds cracking down or cartel or mafia or whomever cracking down would be better call Saul or breaking bad kinda shit.

You want us to lay out specifically money laundering and real estate ponzi scheme crimes that Ken and Nate were involved in together on behalf of international criminal organizations that brushed up against Texas GOP politics?  Yeah, I can't believe more people aren't running forward with details.  Seems like a totally normal thing to want to discuss on a free message board  

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Can someone explain in simple terms what Nate Paul’s been doing, why he’s not in jail yet, and what Paxton is been doing for him? Some of the vague descriptions on this thread are confusing. 

Paul is central to allegations of corruption made against Paxton by eight of his former top deputies. Those deputies told authorities that Paxton had misused his office to benefit Paul, a friend and donor who had given $25,000 to Paxton in 2018.

Among the allegations was Paxton’s push to get the attorney general’s office involved in the Mitte Foundation’s lawsuit despite never previously showing interest in cases involving charities. In return, the employees said Paul donated to Paxton’s campaigns, helped him remodel his multimillion dollar home and hired Paxton’s alleged mistress. Paxton is married to state Sen. Angela Paxton, R-McKinney.

The eight top deputies who accused Paxton of corruption were fired or resigned, but their reports spurred an FBI investigation into Paxton that is now being led by the U.S. Department of Justice.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/03/31/nate-paul-ken-paxton/

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, horn4life said:

First off, why after so very, very long has the GOP taken action on information that has been in front of their face for years now?  Is ANYONE her fucking dumb enough to think the GOP woke up this week and said, "Wow,  we have a criminal avoiding prosecution as our AG, and he is completely and totally corrupt?  Fuck NO!  

What I believe has happened is, there must be some new internal polling data that is concerning about the next election.  NOTHING else would cause a party devoid of morals and principles to take any actions on the basis of morality or ethics.  So in a weird way this is a good thing in that the polling data shows weakness in the GOP in Texas.  And getting rid of Paxton is just way to PRETEND that there is some degree of morality of ethics held by elected Republicans, when nothing could be further from the truth.

It's probably a combination of a lot of things, but Paxton really stirred the hornet's nest when he asked the legislature for $3.3 million to cover the whistleblower stuff last February - he kind of pulled the pin and threw a hand grenade in their laps and assumed they would back him up. They weren't willing to spend taxpayer money to end the litigation against Paxton for firing his top aids, especially when (Abbott, Chip Roy, Cornyn, etc.) were vouching for the aids/whistleblowers he fired, and Republicans were even calling for him to step down.  Keep in mind that those whistleblowers were well-known Republicans with lots of friends, and Paxton had retaliated against them for refusing to go along with this shenanigans in helping Nate Paul.

There's a thread in 6th Street about it - https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/10581-world-class-holdings-offices-raided/#comments

This was a very brief summary of the Nate Paul/Paxton stuff from October of 2020:

• The Houston attorney with only 5 years experience, that was appointed by Paxton as a Special Prosecutor, was subpoenaing Nate Paul's competition.
  • That Houston attorney is friends with one of Nate Paul's lawyers.
  • Paxton's staff is against that Houston attorney.
  • Paxton's staff is against Nate Paul, and Nate Paul is against them.
  • Paxton's staff turned against Paxton, and Paxton has turned on them.
  • Nate Paul is turning against Paxton
  • Greg Abbott, John Cornyn, Chip Roy, the Texas House Judicial Committee Head (Murr at the time I believe), plus many others, have all turned on Paxton.
  • There stuff with Paxton banging one or more mistresses and their financially benefitting.
  • etc.

I do think there is another shoe that hasn't dropped (possibly a heads up that the feds would be taking out Paxton), but as for why it took so long, I think maybe a lot of Republican lawmakers/officials were just hoping the feds would make Paxton go away without them having to do anything.  Either the $3.3 million triggered some kind of crisis (State of Texas has to pay whistleblowers who were wronged) or they really are trying to get ahead of something bad coming out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Paul also set out to be a billionaire by age 30 through real estate. He convinced his parents (successful doctors, if memory serves) to invest. They originally grew steadily in the un-sexy world of self storage units. But Paul's ego wanted trophy properties as well. He was soon buying high profile buildings across Texas & claiming he was backed by wealthy investors from New York who saw massive opportunities. When powerful Texas real estate developers began to whisper & warn people that Paul's cash was coming from someplace closer to Nuevo Leon than NYC, Paul claimed they were just jealous and trying to squash the young upstart.

Somebody more connected to the Texas GQP politicos would have to explain how Paul went past the accepted palm greasing to enlisting Paxton (and others?) into his scheme, but don't hold your breath on that until big debts are repaid & secrets are buried.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Somebody more connected to the Texas GQP politicos would have to explain how Paul went past the accepted palm greasing to enlisting Paxton (and others?) into his scheme, but don't hold your breath on that until big debts are repaid & secrets are buried.

That would be @YGIFS

It's interesting - it looks like there's a couple of places where, if Paxton had just backed off the gas slightly, he wouldn't be in this situation. I think the biggest one was Paxton going after the whistleblowers - those guys were all really connected to Republican bigwigs in Texas, and Cornyn, Abbott, etc., defended them.

And like I said, Abbott and Patrick have been silent on social media and not out there supporting Paxton. That should really scare the shit out of Paxton.  Well, Patrick has to be silent by law, but Abbott has been extremely quiet.

Meanwhile, the Texas GQP

FxESe2lWIAIy8BA?format=jpg&name=large

FxLdAjmX0AAUCDe?format=jpg&name=medium

Well, let's see.  Without approving the settlement, that pushes the thing to trial, presumably, where these items not only get aired, but proven, and it might get worse.

And then the plaintiffs presumably would have at least a $3.3M verdict to ask the lege to pay.  And then, instead of covering for Paxton, it looks more like stiffing the plaintiffs when Paxton has been proven to be a fuckstick, instead of just strongly rumored to be a fuckstick.

So, they may feel like they actually have better cover by impeaching him, then paying some reduced amount (compared to a trial verdict).

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love that DalTexHornFan, or whatever his handle is, is posting freely on the daily Texan thread now but never bothered to respond to my polite entreaty to explain why he should be viewed as a rational, good faith conversant when he admitted he happily pulled the lever for a known criminal. So unexpected!

That goofy old fuck once pm’d me to tell me he thought than the January 6th coup attempt wasn’t really newsworthy or a big deal without even a modicum of sarcasm or irony. 100% sincere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

34 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That would be @YGIFS

It's interesting - it looks like there's a couple of places where, if Paxton had just backed off the gas slightly, he wouldn't be in this situation. I think the biggest one was Paxton going after the whistleblowers - those guys were all really connected to Republican bigwigs in Texas, and Cornyn, Abbott, etc., defended them.

And like I said, Abbott and Patrick have been silent on social media and not out there supporting Paxton. That should really scare the shit out of Paxton.  Well, Patrick has to be silent by law, but Abbott has been extremely quiet.

Meanwhile, the Texas GQP

FxESe2lWIAIy8BA?format=jpg&name=large

FxLdAjmX0AAUCDe?format=jpg&name=medium

It was 123-20 or some shit. How do they even remotely jibe that with the fact that it was voted for by a fuck ton of Rs?

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
6 hours ago, DDD Dad said:
This post did not age well. 

Helobious revealed himself to be 13-0 Branding Iron in this thread.

Even though I hate it when people use this dumbass quip…

Tell me you’ve never visited the baseball board without telling me you’ve never visited the baseball board. 

branding iron was supplanted by helo many, many moons ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It was 123-20 or some shit. How do they even remotely jibe that with the fact that it was voted for by a fuck ton of Rs?

Don't you understand that Dems are so underhanded and fiendish that they can manipulate poor, innocent Republicans into voting the wrong way? George Soros is basically an omnipotent malevolent force of evil.

Don't you understand that Dems are so underhanded and fiendish that they can manipulate poor, innocent Republicans into voting the wrong way? George Soros is basically an omnipotent malevolent force of evil.
In a world where Dems stole the rigged 2020 election and yet Trump is the true POTUS running a shadow presidency where he's responsible for anything good and Biden is to blame for anything bad...well, fuck it. I'm gonna have another beer and check on the ribs on my smoker.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1