Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

20 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Y'all wanna see something beautiful?

image.thumb.png.13b9151f594092bf8e3bc2894964da33.png

Congratulations Ego GIF

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

19 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

oh, that doesn't seem problematic at all. nope, all is fine. Abbott likely hasn't replaced him because he's probably a perfect choice.

1 hour ago, sidis said:

That goofy old fuck once pm’d me to tell me he thought than the January 6th coup attempt wasn’t really newsworthy or a big deal without even a modicum of sarcasm or irony. 100% sincere. 

Well of course. He learned that either from Fox News or from the morons that took over for Rush Limbaugh. 

So when Paul’s office was raided a few years ago, what was that for and why hasn’t anything come from that yet? And why are his properties going into bankruptcy? I know there was a lawsuit from an investor. 

Nate Paul has had the stink on him for awhile and it’s all Google-able.

My sister is a middle of the road lib, never talks to me about politics, started texting me once she saw all the Paxton and Paul shit flair up again. She graduated with him at same time and everyone in town knew he had serious connects still in high school.

weird shit for a guy with his background to be involved in

49 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So when Paul’s office was raided a few years ago, what was that for and why hasn’t anything come from that yet? And why are his properties going into bankruptcy? I know there was a lawsuit from an investor. 

If it's true that he is involved with folks from south of the border, the feds take their time with those investigations.

and the evidence proving Ken Paxton was framed?  It's on the laptop of..........you guessed it.  Frank Stallone.  Not the crack smoking dude. 

Levity aside, there should be another announcement about this tomorrow afternoon in terms of Senate procedure and Ken should be making some remarks.  

Feds are towing a delicate line right now because the timing on all this was moved so far up (years, in fact).  They want to be fair and judicial, but also not a hot look for them to show their cards and have a prominent elected official be in personal danger.  While everything went into blast mode the last few days I think things will start to throttle back down because this is going to be a complete and ever-loving shitshow for so many important people.  This is gonna get weird, believe me.    

Reminds me of this guy, Leslie Shannon.  Firsty, Firsty, Girly, Girly.  

What was the line in "Teen Wolf"...never get less than 12 hours sleep, never date a woman with a tattoo of a dagger, and never play cards with a guy named after a city.  Everything beyond that is cream cheese.

Well I suppose you can add never elect a one-eyed man with a first name for a last name that washes money for ponzi scheme realtors.  

If the Feds are about to lower the boom on Paxton, maybe the Republicsn think, jeez, that won't look good for the Texas Republican party, so why don't we take him down first because we "want to protect the Texas tax payers from paying the $3mm", thus they get ahead of the Feds and look like the morally just party that doesn't stand for shenanigans.

• Hook 'Em 2

10% of the upper house Of arguably the most prominent state legislature in our country have to recuse themselves because they are in literal or figurative bed with a corrupt AG who launders money for ponZi schemers and fentanyl traffickers.

In a few days a preliminary file will be opened on his maxed out donors.  none of them will be found of any wrong doing.  As is justice.  But some real estate investors of Nate and Ken will have some questions for those folks.  Were I one of you, I’d get moving.  

27 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

If the Feds are about to lower the boom on Paxton, maybe the Republicsn think, jeez, that won't look good for the Texas Republican party, so why don't we take him down first because we "want to protect the Texas tax payers from paying the $3mm", thus they get ahead of the Feds and look like the morally just party that doesn't stand for shenanigans.

Yep, that's my theory.  Paying the settlement now, or earlier, would have been perceived as a waste of taxpayer funds covering for their fellow traveler.  Without doing anything, the whistleblowers take it to trial and get an even bigger judgment and begin petitioning the lege to pay them.  And Paxton's shenanigans are proven in court, along with whatever other shoes drop in the meantime. If they don't, they look cheap and like they're covering for Paxton.

But by impeaching him, they can pay a settlement cheaper now and say "sorry folks, you elected a shitheel, we got rid of him and then we had to spend this money to make it right."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

This makes way too much sense to be reality in this shitshow.

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This makes way too much sense to be reality in this shitshow.

60 R's voted against him, and only 23 voted to support him (and it should have been 61, but one of them voted present/not voting), so somebody got wind of something bad coming down the pipeline.  And everybody that was voting knew that Trump and Cruz supported Paxton as it was read into the record during the session yesterday, but those 60 R's still voted against Paxton, knowing that some of their supporters would hold it against them next year.

I really like YGIF's ponderings about it being ponzi schemes and money laundering for the cartels, and while that sounds crazy,  Nate Paul acquired a lot of money fairly fast, he's already been busted by the feds, Paxton's hand-picked aids/department heads turned against him publicly and went to the feds, and a bunch of YGIF's predictions on how this would play out have been fairly accurate (or at least in the ballpark).

If I were in a betting pool, I'm guessing the feds are about to drop the hammer on something.

Or the speculations that if the legislature turned down the settlement, it goes to trial, and then bad shit comes out.

Edited by atomheartbevo

What seems really peculiar is that the Rs said everything was fine until he asked the Leg to pay the $3mm settlement. So all that other shit was ok, then no, the $3mm ask is over the line!!!!!

Yeah, somebody caught wind of something and the $3mm is just an excuse. Stay tuned for further action.

no CR

Edited by Steel Shank

6 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

What seems really peculiar is that the Rs said everything was fine until he asked the Leg to pay the $3mm settlement. So all that other shit was ok, then no, the $3mm ask is over the line!!!!!

Yeah, somebody caught wind of something and the $3mm is just an excuse. Stay tuned for further action.

no CR

Could be, but I think they began, finally, to see some downside to turning a blind/lazy eye to him, as set forth above.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I love that DalTexHornFan, or whatever his handle is, is posting freely on the daily Texan thread now but never bothered to respond to my polite entreaty to explain why he should be viewed as a rational, good faith conversant when he admitted he happily pulled the lever for a known criminal. So unexpected!
Snowflakes. All of them.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Procedures for how/when it happens (Abbott doesn't have to be involved, because it's not legislative)

http://www.quorumreport.com/Quorum_Report_Daily_Buzz_2023/hk_statute_says_senate_should_set_future_paxton_tr_buzziid31621.html

Also, QR has an article mentioning that more subpoenas were sent out by the House committee not sure if these are new or were from the past week (need to subscribe to QR I suppose).

Gergg the Abbott needs to step up/no lulz and answer to why the AG office in his state has become such a carnival version of a third world country. Won't happen, but holy shit, what an embarrassing spectacle, even for these shameless cowards. He needs to be asked repeatedly and people need to be repeatedly reminded that he refuses to answer. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

10% of the upper house Of arguably the most prominent state legislature in our country have to recuse themselves because they are in literal or figurative bed with a corrupt AG who launders money for ponZi schemers and fentanyl traffickers.

haha like that's gonna happen...

wait. actually that could be an easy out for them right? 🤔 limit risk of pissing off the, uh, 'loudest' of their constituents by voting aye, or the more reasonable voters by voting nay..just 'oops, sorry, have to abstain'.

boo. i want the chaos lol 😜

I recall having beers with a world class cap employee and to say he was totally sketched out by the internal ops would be an understatement. Paul and a family member or two had the entire top penthouse unit to themselves essentially behind 2 sets of key card doors while the actual operation was crowded into a floor below. They talked about how Paul had his sister or cousin in NYC calling shots despite having virtually zero real estate experience. Basically he made it sound exactly as it now sounds but this was 10 yrs ago. 

12 hours ago, Chooky said:

Gergg the Abbott needs to step up/no lulz and answer to why the AG office in his state has become such a carnival version of a third world country. Won't happen, but holy shit, what an embarrassing spectacle, even for these shameless cowards. He needs to be asked repeatedly and people need to be repeatedly reminded that he refuses to answer. 

Why should he? When the people he answers to are like @DalTxHornFan, and are openly willing to put political consolidation ahead of whether the Attorney General is an actual criminal, it's a safe bet they aren't going to hold the Governor to account for the same thing.  They don't put Texas first. They put party first. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, that's my theory.  Paying the settlement now, or earlier, would have been perceived as a waste of taxpayer funds covering for their fellow traveler.  Without doing anything, the whistleblowers take it to trial and get an even bigger judgment and begin petitioning the lege to pay them.  And Paxton's shenanigans are proven in court, along with whatever other shoes drop in the meantime. If they don't, they look cheap and like they're covering for Paxton.

But by impeaching him, they can pay a settlement cheaper now and say "sorry folks, you elected a shitheel, we got rid of him and then we had to spend this money to make it right."

Sure is crazy how Paxton has been skating on multiple felony indictments for fucking years and it took political action and the threat of spending money to break the stalemate and actually take action against a known criminal. God bless the free market justice system

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

21 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, let's see.  Without approving the settlement, that pushes the thing to trial, presumably, where these items not only get aired, but proven, and it might get worse.

And then the plaintiffs presumably would have at least a $3.3M verdict to ask the lege to pay.  And then, instead of covering for Paxton, it looks more like stiffing the plaintiffs when Paxton has been proven to be a fuckstick, instead of just strongly rumored to be a fuckstick.

So, they may feel like they actually have better cover by impeaching him, then paying some reduced amount (compared to a trial verdict).

Yeah, that makes sense to me.  They're going to have to pay no matter what, so it looks better if they seem to finally care about all the crimes.  Letting the guy continue on with all the indictments plus directly costing tax payer money was finally a bridge too far.

Edited by WBT

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/texas-house-selects-12-managers-for-ken-paxton-impeachment-trial/

The Texas House of Representatives approved which 12 of its members will serve as managers when the Senate holds an impeachment trial of Attorney General Ken Paxton. 

The group includes seven Republicans and five Democrats, including all the members of the House general investigating committee that first recommended articles of impeachment against Paxton over years of alleged misconduct. Here’s a list of the impeachment managers: 

• Rep. Andrew Murr, R-Junction, chair. 
  • Rep. Ann Johnson, D-Houston, vice chair. 
  • Rep. Charlie Geren, R-Fort Worth. 
  • Rep. Joe Moody, D-El Paso. 
  • Rep. Terry Canales, D-Edinburg. 
  • Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Allen. 
  • Rep. Oscar Longoria, D-Mission. 
  • Rep. Morgan Meyer, R-Dallas. 
  • Rep. Briscoe Cain, R-Houston. 
  • Rep. Cody Vasut, R-Angleton. 
  • Rep. David Spiller, R-Jacksboro. 
  • Rep. Erin Elizabeth Gámez, D-Brownsville.

The House approved their selection by a vote of 136-4. Afterward, the 12 impeachment managers walked across the Capitol to deliver the 20 articles against Paxton to the Texas Senate, where the trial will unfold. It remains unclear when that will begin yet. 

During a news conference held by the 12 managers Monday evening, Murr explained to reporters that they are now obligated to put on the impeachment trial for the Senate, whose members will now act as the jury. He said they will call witnesses involved in the House committee’s investigation to testify under oath and face potential questioning from Paxton’s attorneys. He would not comment on whether Paxton’s wife, Republican Sen. Angela Paxton of McKinney, should recuse herself from playing a role in the trial. 

“This is about facts, and this is about evidence,” Murr said. “My colleagues and I will not stand for public corruption.” 

Johnson responded to a question about someone representing Paxton reportedly delivering binders of materials about Paxton’s planned defense to senators already. She said that could amount to jury “tampering,” but Murr would not comment on whether that could result in an additional impeachment article being filed against Paxton.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Paxton posted pictures on his personal Twitter account Monday showing dozens of supporters rallying on his behalf in Collin County. He wrote, “Thank you to all in Collin County for your support today!”

Edited by atomheartbevo